Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Not sure what to do

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mxtty

Wagging Sex Symbol

16,625 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:52 pm
Okay. I apologize greatly if this is not where this post goes, but I am having a dileema.
3 Weeks ago, I was a catholic. I was a catholic christian and I was straying from christ. My friend made me go to Daytona, Florida with him on a church trip. No big deal right? Right. Just a week of fun and night meetings with the church group I was with.
But on the thursday of that week, I had an epiphany. It was like I thought god was with me and told me that I belonged as that type of church christian. I decided I will be converting from a CATHOLIC christian to a Non Denomination christian.
My dad has always supported my choices. So have my grandparents.
I approached my dad telling him my new life decision. He exploded. He said I am not aloud to believe anything but catholicism because I was baptised in it, and it is a sin to let it go. He said that this was gods way of telling him that I am a, and I quote, "F*ck Up".
Anyway. After 4 hours of yelling and screaming at each other about how I believe god told me to go this way, he has threatened to remove me from my home. I have been staying at my friends houses, jumping house to house because I'm afraid to go home and face my father and my grandparents wrath yet again. I am able to type this now because I'm home for the night for fathers day weekend and I'm trying to avoid speaking to anyone.
I've decided I will be joining the church that took me on the trip, and I will be going every wednesday to its youth group. My dad cannot force me to believe what I do not believe in.
Don't get me wrong, I do love my dad, but I just don't know what to do. Can anyone help me with some sort of advice?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:24 pm
That is tough. I am sorry you have to go through that. I will pray for you. I believe you are doing the right thing because I believe the doctrines of the Catholic Church obscures Jesus and are downright spiritually dangerous. I would perhaps not get into a debate about that with your father considering how he responded to you leaving the Catholic church. I should say that it is likely that it is because of church Catholic doctrine that he responded the way he did and accused you of sinning in leaving the Roman Catholic church. Does he read the Bible? Doing the right thing (following Jesus) does sometimes cost quite a bit but you seem willing to pay the price.

Some quotes I believe shines a light on the matter;

Pope Boniface I, Epistle 14.1: "It is clear that this Roman Church is to all churches throughout the world as the head is to the members, and that whoever separates himself from it becomes an exile from the Christian religion, since he ceases to belong to its fellowship."

Pope Innocent III (1198–1216), Profession of Faith prescribed for the Waldensians: "With our hearts we believe and with our lips we confess but one Church, not that of the heretics, but the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside which we believe that no one is saved"

Pope Pius IX (1846–1878.), Encyclical Singulari quidem March 17, 1856): "Teach that just as there is only one God, one Christ, one Holy Spirit, so there is also only one truth which is divinely revealed. There is only one divine faith which is the beginning of salvation for mankind and the basis of all justification, the faith by which the just person lives and without which it is impossible to please God and come to the community of His children (Romans 1; Hebrews 11; Council of Trent, Session 6, Chapter 8.). There is only one true, holy, Catholic Church, which is the Apostolic Roman Church. There is only one See founded on Peter by the word of the Lord (St. Cyprian, Epistle 43), outside of which we cannot find either true faith or eternal salvation. He who does not have the Church for a mother cannot have God for a father, and whoever abandons the See of Peter on which the Church is established trusts falsely that he is in the Church (ibid, On the Unity of the Catholic Church). ... Outside of the Church, nobody can hope for life or salvation unless he is excused through ignorance beyond his control."

I don't believe that is Biblical teaching. It adds to Jesus already finished work.

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Mxtty

Wagging Sex Symbol

16,625 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 pm
Garland-Green
That is tough. I am sorry you have to go through that. I will pray for you. I believe you are doing the right thing because I believe the doctrines of the Catholic Church obscures Jesus and are downright spiritually dangerous. I would perhaps not get into a debate about that with your father considering how he responded to you leaving the Catholic church. I should say that it is likely that it is because of church Catholic doctrine that he responded the way he did and accused you of sinning in leaving the Roman Catholic church. Does he read the Bible? Doing the right thing (following Jesus) does sometimes cost quite a bit but you seem willing to pay the price.

Some quotes I believe shines a light on the matter;

Pope Boniface I, Epistle 14.1: "It is clear that this Roman Church is to all churches throughout the world as the head is to the members, and that whoever separates himself from it becomes an exile from the Christian religion, since he ceases to belong to its fellowship."

Pope Innocent III (1198–1216), Profession of Faith prescribed for the Waldensians: "With our hearts we believe and with our lips we confess but one Church, not that of the heretics, but the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside which we believe that no one is saved"

Pope Pius IX (1846–1878.), Encyclical Singulari quidem March 17, 1856): "Teach that just as there is only one God, one Christ, one Holy Spirit, so there is also only one truth which is divinely revealed. There is only one divine faith which is the beginning of salvation for mankind and the basis of all justification, the faith by which the just person lives and without which it is impossible to please God and come to the community of His children (Romans 1; Hebrews 11; Council of Trent, Session 6, Chapter 8.). There is only one true, holy, Catholic Church, which is the Apostolic Roman Church. There is only one See founded on Peter by the word of the Lord (St. Cyprian, Epistle 43), outside of which we cannot find either true faith or eternal salvation. He who does not have the Church for a mother cannot have God for a father, and whoever abandons the See of Peter on which the Church is established trusts falsely that he is in the Church (ibid, On the Unity of the Catholic Church). ... Outside of the Church, nobody can hope for life or salvation unless he is excused through ignorance beyond his control."

I don't believe that is Biblical teaching. It adds to Jesus already finished work.

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

He does read the bible. He reads it a LOT. But my brother recently denounced his faith as a christian and has turned to hinduism, so I was thinking maybe this dramatic new life choice that his son took has made him believe I may do the same.
Thank you for the kind verses. Really needed to hear them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:29 pm
Mxtty
Okay. I apologize greatly if this is not where this post goes, but I am having a dileema.
3 Weeks ago, I was a catholic. I was a catholic christian and I was straying from christ. My friend made me go to Daytona, Florida with him on a church trip. No big deal right? Right. Just a week of fun and night meetings with the church group I was with.
But on the thursday of that week, I had an epiphany. It was like I thought god was with me and told me that I belonged as that type of church christian. I decided I will be converting from a CATHOLIC christian to a Non Denomination christian.
My dad has always supported my choices. So have my grandparents.
I approached my dad telling him my new life decision. He exploded. He said I am not aloud to believe anything but catholicism because I was baptised in it, and it is a sin to let it go. He said that this was gods way of telling him that I am a, and I quote, "F*ck Up".
Anyway. After 4 hours of yelling and screaming at each other about how I believe god told me to go this way, he has threatened to remove me from my home. I have been staying at my friends houses, jumping house to house because I'm afraid to go home and face my father and my grandparents wrath yet again. I am able to type this now because I'm home for the night for fathers day weekend and I'm trying to avoid speaking to anyone.
I've decided I will be joining the church that took me on the trip, and I will be going every wednesday to its youth group. My dad cannot force me to believe what I do not believe in.
Don't get me wrong, I do love my dad, but I just don't know what to do. Can anyone help me with some sort of advice?

I understand your dilemma and I pray things work out for you.

I am not one for the catholic faith. A few things just don’t add up such as a child being baptized. The choice to be baptized is just that a choice to be mad of a person’s own free will. Yet a child has no choice in the matter. They don’t even comprehend what is going on. All they are doing is screaming wetting themselves and thinking what is going on. They have no concept of Christ at this point. This and other reasons I do not support it.

Outside of this however the choice is yours alone to make what faith you’ll choose. God will love you no matter what you do or how you go about your life. Yet I feel it is wise to heed his call when it comes knocking. Better to listen to the father that made your father and you and so on.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Even if your father is not happy with your choice now that doesn’t mean he will not learn to accept it one day. Yet if he doesn’t do not hold him at a grudge nor God at a grudge for you are doing what you believe is right. Even if your father does not cling to his love for you do not fear or hate, instead rejoice. You’ll simply be fulfilling God’s prophesy about how families will divvied during the end times. So pray for your father and others as well that they too will know Christ in their hearts and minds and bodies and souls as you are doing.

Yeah I know I’m not the best motivational speaker but hey I am just voicing my point of view on what I think. Remember God is with you and he always will be no matter what.

Lion of the Lord

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items