Hi, my name is Professor Tesni Mairwen Yates

I'm a Female, obviously

I will be your Care of Magical Creatures professor.

I'm 64 years old.

My birthday is September 28th 1996

My dream job is Unfortunately it's more of a "wish" than a "dream" to do whatever it is I feel like doing for the day and amazingly get paid for it.

My blood status is Halfblood

The house I'm in is Gryffindor

I was in the class of 2015

I'm interested in I tend not to discriminate

I'm currently with Fanchon Cohen

I may seem a strange combination of laid back and fierce as s**t but I'm really that and a lot more. I'm generally a pretty at ease, go with the flow kind of person, but when it comes to certain things I can become truly ferocious. Especially if those things include the magical creatures I seek to protect and learn from. But I still like to laugh and have fun, as well has have intelligent conversation from time to time.

My background story is Isn't quite as interesting as you might assume but if you insist. My Mum was a Welsh muggle and my Da a Welsh wizard. They fell in love, yadda yadda yadda, and then I along with my multitudes of brothers were conceived. I had the misfortune of not only being the only girl but the exact middle child out of five children. It was loud, it was disgusting, and it definitely wasn't girl friendly but damned if I didn't love my childhood. My Mum didn't know about my father being a wizard apparently until my oldest brother summoned his bottle when she was taking too long and scared the bejeesus out of her, or enough for my Da to come clean about a few things. She was a bit miffed he had kept it from her for so long (I don't exactly blame her) but they made up (obviously from the four other children running amok on the Earth they did) and me and my siblings grew up in a "best of both worlds" household. There was little to no magic in our house, the little being out accidental and the times of our father's laziness, so most chores and entertainment were done muggle-style. And since we lived near a national park that wasn't too hard. I and some of my brothers would spend hours just creating new games or just messing around in there. My Mum's big on "conversion of natural resources" and my Da works with in the Office of Misinformation (which basically creates all the bollocks regular people believe about magical creatures) and so they brought up their kids to respect nature and all her children. My brother's took the lessons and just kept going with life but I kept them close to my heart. I started researching magical creatures in my spare time and going out trying to see if I could catch glimpses of them. Before I went off to Hogwarts I had found a little doxy nest but I didn't really consider that a win. I followed my two older brothers to Hogwarts where one was a Gryffindor and the other a Ravenclaw. I followed the oldest and became a Gryffindor while my two younger ones went off to Slytherin and Hufflepuff respectively. Our father got a good laugh at finding out all his kids were in each house, something about poles on every inch of the Earth? Whatever. All I know was that I was already sorta "out there" what with how I dressed (slacks are more comfortable than skirts, sorry), how I talked (if you can't say "********" in polite conversation, why even have it in the dictionary?!), and of course, the elusive shadows that plagued me. Of course my older brother had to be the "heart throb" (coffhocoffhack) of the lions while my second was nearly top of his class. My brother in Slytherin was mainly known for his prowess in Quidditch as a beater and the Hufflepuff...well dammit he was a puff! Sorta hard not to automatically love the little bugger. And where was I you ask? Again, smack dab in the middle. If I exceeded in one subject my professors would just compare me to my brothers, and woe be onto me if I failed in a subject where my brothers triumphed. I had friends, I had a social life don't get me wrong, but it was still...discouraging to be constantly compared to people you had no hope of ever becoming. Or wanting to for that matter. But I found solace in the magical creatures of the area. Even though I wasn't supposed to (but really, calling it "Forbidden" was basically slapping a giant blinking neon sign saying "Welcome All Who Dwell Near" ) I clocked in some pretty serious numbers in the forest just observing or even meeting a centaur or two, getting comfortable with the hippogryff herd, and I'm pretty sure I was splashed by a merperson after "accidentally" dropping in some fish eggs I had pilfered from the kitchens. Either way, I was happy the way my Hogwarts years turned out, just could've been happier without all the comparisons.

Anyway, after graduation I decided to take a year off and travel before settling down at a ministry or whatever job was in my future but that year turned into several. I found myself going to far off forests, deserts, and plains researching new or lost magical beings and even filling a few books with my writings and drawings. I never got them published, mainly because I didn't think anyone would want to read it but also because some of the pages held some erm, private things. It was around my twenty-seventh birthday that I had a terrible accident...ok so I fell off a cliff. It's not as terrible as it sounds, and it was my own fault! But I was very injured and it was touch and go for a few minutes but I pulled through with some consequences. I had to have an emergency hysterectomy and I'm now, in simplest terms, barren. It wasn't an easy choice (as much as I might've joked about what poor sap would want me as a mum) but it was the right one as far as I was concerned. After the incident my Mum put her foot down about all of my travelling and philandering ways and told me to settle down once and for all. So I did...for a while. I don't know how I managed boarding school when I couldn't even stay in my own home for more than an hour without going crazy! I tried working different Ministry jobs that focused on magical creatures and got fed up with the bureaucracy of it all. I would've gone to work with dragons but I didn't really want to limit myself to just one class, no matter how beautiful they are up close. After much thinking, writing, and a few trips to the ER I saw that there was an opening to teach at Hogwarts, and more importantly it was for the Care of Magical Creatures class. I figured it was a sign from a higher being and applied so to not incur it's wrath.

I recently went on one of my usual therapy hikes and came across a younger woman by the name of Fanchon. We clicked rather well and I was ecstatic to find out that she had become a new professor at the school. It certainly made her office hours a tad more pleasurable.

Fanchon and I have been very happy together and while I am a bit...upset (slightlyslightly) that she's agreed to leave to return to the dueling circuit, ultimately her happiness is my happiness. Doesn't mean I'll miss her any less.

Over the years, I've watched many of my niblings attend and graduate Hogwarts with only one or two of them brave enough to actually take my class. Smart kids.

I'm still rather spry but I'm also starting to feel the frost in the morning (Fanchon says she feels it most when my feet press against hers silly thing) and so I've started to be more...lenient shall we say. Only in the NEWT classes though, those buggers really should know better.

I enjoy Herbal cigarettes, creatures of any kind, nature, intellectual debates (or arguments if you really want to be literal), watching the sun rise and set over the forest top

I despise Noise pollution, comparing persons who are nothing alike, people who mistreat animals or sentient beings of any type or race, blatant stupidity, plain tea. I never got a taste for it.

I'm afraid of Well since the whole cliff thing I have an aversion to heights

My strengths are I'm very good with animals and magical creatures and I can roll a herb cigarette in under a minute

My flaws are I can become a little hotheaded if I find certain truths are hitting too close to home and a bit mistrustful of people I first meet.

I look like this

My wand is a 11 3/4 in Butternut with a slightly knobby handle and a Dragon heartstring of a Hebridean Black core.

My pet is a rather serious looking spectacled owl named Oberon

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy~ EE
Charms~ EE
DADA~ O
Herbology~ EE
History of Magic ~A
Potions~ P
Transfiguration~ A
Ancient Runes ~EE
Art~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~O