Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Supreme Court Says States Must Recognize Gay Marriage Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:47 am
Supreme Court Says States Must Recognize Gay Marriage  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:39 am
I had a feeling that this would be happening soon. I do not support it, I won't go to any churches that support it. I hope the government doesn't force churches to hold gay weddings.  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:13 pm
Ugh, it's pretty disgusting. I don't support it either. Stinks how this junk is acceptable in America yet a confederate flag representing a time in our history is supposedly not. Good grief, no wonder this world is so backwards.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:58 pm
Nenanah
I had a feeling that this would be happening soon. I do not support it, I won't go to any churches that support it. I hope the government doesn't force churches to hold gay weddings.

It is a possibility that they eventually will, but first I think Christian institutions and schools receiving funding will notice it.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:00 pm
Princess Zelda21
Ugh, it's pretty disgusting. I don't support it either. Stinks how this junk is acceptable in America yet a confederate flag representing a time in our history is supposedly not. Good grief, no wonder this world is so backwards.

It is terrible not only for America, but also for those who are homosexual and need to be washed and made new in Jesus. This will be an obstacle in the road to salvation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:36 pm
It is so sad.  

give me a treat

Lion of the Lord

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:29 pm
Garland-Green

Nenanah

Princess Zelda21

GodISPossible

This event was bound to happen sooner or later. No nation can escape falling into darkness. Evil exploits the laws for their own uses but in the end their efforts are futile. God will return and rule with an iron scepter. His judgment will be swift and merciful but also firm and harsh and not lacking in any sense of justice.

I love my nation but my loyalty is to God the eternal. Despite or inevitable fate of all nations of this world I accept his judgment and welcome the new world he envisions.

Yet be forwarded you all, what is to happen next will only get worse and worse before his return. This step towards Hell’s fire is only one of many steps that must be taken. Thus be forwarded to be on your guard. Followers and Churches alike will be persecuted to the maximum extent. It will start small at first but it will grow like wild fire. First the events will be small, a few churches refuse service to house gay marriage. On both fronts the battle will rage in the court rooms and many loses will happen. Next comments large or small will be viewed as hate crimes and many will go to jail to speaking freely about their points of view.

It will then that the county and world alike will start to truly question if followers of God should be allowed to believe at all. Step by step life will hammer at our shield. When they realize that it will not shatter they shall simply avoid the shield and go straight for the wielders. From persecution to jail, to concentration camps to death and worse many lives will be lost that will yield onto millions. Then when it becomes too much God shall step in and rise once more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 pm
Princess Zelda21

Those two things are not the same  

ChibiHigh

Silver-Mask

Friendly Phantom

10,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:01 am
2 Timothy 4:3-5 (NIV)
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."

Not surprising that the Bible called it, but it's still unfortunate.
Looks like there's a long, hard road ahead of us. Kinda scary that we're actually at that point. I just hope the majority of us can endure such hardship.
Seems like a good time to pray, huh?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:12 am
With this garbage going on... even if we don't end up with another civil war, think we might start seeing states seceding soon?  

D-BoyTheFighter

Blessed Lionheart

16,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:39 am
People are being so over dramatic about this -_- it was gonna happen and I'm not surprised it happened in my lifetime, it's the.End.Times. There isnt going to be any major retaliation from this because the world is becoming more "accepting". People will complain like they always do, but thatll stop eventually.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:50 am
I don't feel one way or the other about this. And perhaps that isn't a good stance and does not make me a strong believer. God detests sin, and as a believer, shouldn't I detest what God detests? On the other hand... I have been a sinner. I still sin. I repent, and hope God forgives me.

As ChibiHigh stated, we should all be expecting of this to happen given the state of things.

There are also contributing factors, on a chemical level, that are contributing factors to sexuality. Bare with me with an open mind while I try to explain my train of thoughts on this... And hopefully you will see the "web", as I call it.

Prevalence of polycystic ovaries and polycystic ovary syndrome in lesbian women compared with heterosexual women.

There is a significantly higher prevalence of PCO and PCOS in lesbian compared with heterosexual women. Lesbian women with either PCO or PCOS had more pronounced hyperandrogenism than did heterosexual women with either PCO or PCOS.

So... Why does this matter in relation to sexuality? For those of you who aren't familiar with PCOS, it is a female endocrine disorder. Bottom line is that it really impacts your hormones.

Quote:
High levels of LH cause your body to produce too much estrogen and androgens (male hormones) - testosterone and DHEAS (dihydroepiandrosterone sulfate). High levels of estrogen can cause the endometrial tissue in your uterus to get very thick, which can lead to heavy and/or irregular periods. If your androgen levels are high for a long time, you may develop acne and hair on your face.

PCOS is one of the top leading endocrine / hormonal disorders in women. Now... What do we know can cause hormonal issues that we consume on a daily basis? And why is it, that with a healthier diet, that PCOS can suddenly be reversed?

Two Food Additives Found to Have Estrogen-like effects

And if true... Many countries being raised on artificial foods and unhealthy diets. How does this hormonal imbalance effect children in the womb?

Homosexuality May Start in the Womb

Homosexuality and Biology

Some quotes I pulled from this article that I found interesting:

"The very term "sexual orientation," which in the 1980s replaced "sexual preference," asserts the deeply rooted nature of sexual desire and love. It implies biology."

"This figure is based on something geneticists call "heritability," a painstakingly calculated indicator of how much genes have to do with a given variation among people. If heritability is less than 100 percent, then the characteristic being studied is by definition "multifactorial." Eye color is 100 percent dependent on genetics. Height, on the other hand, though about 90 percent genetic, is also affected by nutrition, and thus is multifactorial.

If a large contribution to homosexuality comes from genes; where does the rest of it come from
? The range of environmental and biological inputs a developing child receives is both enormous and enormously complex. "Whatever the other variables are," Pillard says, "they must be present early in life."

Early in life, huh? Allow me to re-direct you to these articles:

FACT: There is no Gay gene, but there ARE chemicals that turn people gay

BPA May Lower Men's Testosterone, Study Finds

If anything... I am disgusted by Monsanto and other corporations like Nestle. These are the same corporations that want to privatize water and claim "water is not a human right".

Getting off my soap-box... As someone that has PCOS and goes through very severe hormonal fluctuations, I can vouch for what I say in personal experience. It is a very sad world we are in right now... I rambled like this because I want to encourage people to also consider how the strings are being pulled even on a very microscopic level. Some of you already know how I feel about microbiology and biomedicine, lol.  

olisea

Muse

Asadachi

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am
So the Christian Holocaust begins. They know we can't conform to their demands of us; we must stand and brace ourselves as God demands of us. We must cry out to Him in this hour; that His law will once again rule this land. Hide the Word of God in your Heart and pray for our enemies; for it is the Enemy of our souls that rules over them. Pray the scales are removed from their eyes. Pray this nation awakens to its folly befor it is too late. Pray God's mercy over them; for our Father was in Heven has a wrath like no other. Pray His hand is stayed. The Love of God is the only way to fight the darkness that is currently running rampant throughout this land. Pray it is not too late for the world to turn back to the God.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:44 am
Arachnoia
I don't feel one way or the other about this. And perhaps that isn't a good stance and does not make me a strong believer. God detests sin, and as a believer, shouldn't I detest what God detests? On the other hand... I have been a sinner. I still sin. I repent, and hope God forgives me.

As ChibiHigh stated, we should all be expecting of this to happen given the state of things.

There are also contributing factors, on a chemical level, that are contributing factors to sexuality. Bare with me with an open mind while I try to explain my train of thoughts on this... And hopefully you will see the "web", as I call it.

Prevalence of polycystic ovaries and polycystic ovary syndrome in lesbian women compared with heterosexual women.

There is a significantly higher prevalence of PCO and PCOS in lesbian compared with heterosexual women. Lesbian women with either PCO or PCOS had more pronounced hyperandrogenism than did heterosexual women with either PCO or PCOS.

So... Why does this matter in relation to sexuality? For those of you who aren't familiar with PCOS, it is a female endocrine disorder. Bottom line is that it really impacts your hormones.

Quote:
High levels of LH cause your body to produce too much estrogen and androgens (male hormones) - testosterone and DHEAS (dihydroepiandrosterone sulfate). High levels of estrogen can cause the endometrial tissue in your uterus to get very thick, which can lead to heavy and/or irregular periods. If your androgen levels are high for a long time, you may develop acne and hair on your face.

PCOS is one of the top leading endocrine / hormonal disorders in women. Now... What do we know can cause hormonal issues that we consume on a daily basis? And why is it, that with a healthier diet, that PCOS can suddenly be reversed?

Two Food Additives Found to Have Estrogen-like effects

And if true... Many countries being raised on artificial foods and unhealthy diets. How does this hormonal imbalance effect children in the womb?

Homosexuality and Biology

Some quotes I pulled from this article that I found interesting:

"The very term "sexual orientation," which in the 1980s replaced "sexual preference," asserts the deeply rooted nature of sexual desire and love. It implies biology."

"This figure is based on something geneticists call "heritability," a painstakingly calculated indicator of how much genes have to do with a given variation among people. If heritability is less than 100 percent, then the characteristic being studied is by definition "multifactorial." Eye color is 100 percent dependent on genetics. Height, on the other hand, though about 90 percent genetic, is also affected by nutrition, and thus is multifactorial.

If a large contribution to homosexuality comes from genes; where does the rest of it come from
? The range of environmental and biological inputs a developing child receives is both enormous and enormously complex. "Whatever the other variables are," Pillard says, "they must be present early in life."

Early in life, huh? Allow me to re-direct you to these articles:

FACT: There is no Gay gene, but there ARE chemicals that turn people gay

BPA May Lower Men's Testosterone, Study Finds

If anything... I am disgusted by Monsanto and other corporations like Nestle. These are the same corporations that want to privatize water and claim "water is not a human right".

Getting off my soap-box... As someone that has PCOS and goes through very severe hormonal fluctuations, I can vouch for what I say in personal experience. It is a very sad world we are in right now... I rambled like this because I want to encourage people to also consider how the strings are being pulled even on a very microscopic level. Some of you already know how I feel about microbiology and biomedicine, lol.

Someone very dear to my heart told me this when I was first saved. I was so ashamed of the life I had lead and thought my sin was worse than others in the church. She told me that God was above us and that sin was like trees. From the ground trees are taller and smaller; from the sky they are all the same. Though we see sins as large and small, all God sees is sin and it is all the same. This is how I feel about sin. It helps me keep a love in my heart for sinners, because Jesus did. I still fall and have my own problems, but I get up and keep walking forward toward the Light.  

Asadachi

Devout Worshipper

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am
Asadachi
Someone very dear to my heart told me this when I was first saved. I was so ashamed of the life I had lead and thought my sin was worse than others in the church. She told me that God was above us and that sin was like trees. From the ground trees are taller and smaller; from the sky they are all the same. Though we see sins as large and small, all God sees is sin and it is all the same. This is how I feel about sin. It helps me keep a love in my heart for sinners, because Jesus did. I still fall and have my own problems, but I get up and keep walking forward toward the Light.

Thank you for sharing with us, brother. I really do like the way that your friend metaphorically described sin... It paints a picture. And actually really makes sense, now that I am sitting back and thinking about it.

I, too, am ashamed of my sins. On really bad days, I wonder if I am even truly "saved". Deep down, I know I could do better. On the other hand... I am reminded to talk to God. To pray, repent, and ask for strength in renewing my faith in His plan.

I know that God can use my past sins in His plan. I have been able to reach people I don't think I otherwise would have been able to reach if I did not make similar mistakes. I see the way people's faces light up when they know they aren't alone. I thank God for those moments because I truly feel that he is working through me.  
News with a Christian perspective

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff