Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am
So I've been sending my academic advisor several emails about questions I have over the past couple months, and I know he doesn't mind answering, but I still feel like I'm annoying him with how many I've sent. And he still hasn't replied to my last one (pretty sure he forgot), which was sent about 21 days ago. But I don't wanna send him a reminder email and be even more irritating. sweatdrop

Well, in my dreams both last night and the night prior, this guy has been like the main focus of the dream and I really need to speak with him for some reason, and the entirety of the dreams are spent hunting him down and waiting. The first dream ended just as I was finally walking into his office. Then in last night's dream, I made it into his office and he gestured for me to sit down so I did, then he said, "So Kerry, what do you need to talk about?" And just as I was about to open my mouth to speak, he got up and left!

ASDFGHJKL scream

I know I shouldn't let my dreams skew my perception of real life people, but damn he's beginning to annoy me. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:52 pm
I hate when you send an e-mail to someone and they never reply, so you're left there going "Did they get my e-mail? Or did it get lost in cyberspace?"

For my substitute library page position, I have to contact my supervisor-of-sorts by e-mail to let him know what days I'm available to work, based on what my theater schedule is. Since the beginning of the new year, I hadn't heard any responses from him to any of my e-mails; I ended up having to contact my friend (who is a regular library page) to ask how things are going on at the library and find out that way. Thankfully I finally heard from my supervisor-of-sorts again a couple weeks ago to come in for a few shifts here and there, now that summer is here and the library's summer reading program has started up again.

----At the end of last month (May), I received a letter from my former community college regarding their award ceremony and that a nomination was made by a couple of the teachers from the computer technology department. The only problem is... they had sent the letter to the wrong person; we have the same name, just mailed the wrong person somehow. You would think that they would know, through their records, on who to mail - someone who is currently a student and someone who graduated from there back in 2009. sweatdrop
----So, I sent an e-mail to the Vice President of the college's student government (who was the person you would contact to RSVP for the ceremony) indicating their mistake. Never heard back from the VP but I did get a voice-mail from another member of the student government who originally was checking on whether I [the nominated person] was going to attend or not, only to realize that there already was a confirmation. neutral Uh... what?! confused Did they mistake my e-mail as a confirmation... or did they actually get in touch with the right person? So, I sent an e-mail to the President of the student government indicating the situation and just inquiring that everything was figured out. Never received a response back from them either.
----The ceremony since passed and I never got an award in the mail (which would have happened if no one picked it up at the ceremony and they mailed it to the wrong person again), so I just assumed everything was fixed. That is... until I received a package in the mail a couple days ago containing photos of the other gal receiving her award and posing with the school mascot and other award winners. rolleyes I'm glad that she was able to attend the ceremony and get her award, but seriously this is getting ridiculous that the college can't figure out which person to correctly be contacting.
----Since I was able to find her on Facebook, I sent a message indicating the situation and wondering whether she got copies of the photos or not ((since I wasn't sure whether this was another mix-up [most likely the case] or the student government's way of saying "Hey! Just wanted to let you know she got her award!")), and that I could send the photos and letter of nomination to her if need be. I don't know if I'll get a response since my message went into her "Other" folder and not knowing how often she gets online. And with her profile settings, I wouldn't be able to post anything on her wall either to make contact that way. xp  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers