Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art
Manga and Drawing Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:20 pm
Greetings lovelies emotion_bigheart

I myself am in love with the arts. I love drawing, singing, playing instruments, and photography. I've always been an artistic person, in fact I've been drawing almost ever since I could hold a pencil. For me, drawing gives me a sense of peace in my state of mind. I can use my drawings to portray and give off feelings and emotions. I can use my art to make people ask questions, and I can use my art to make people amazed and in awe. In general, there's just so many things you can do with your drawing talent, and I'm here to share my knowledge with everyone.
I've been asked a lot, how do I draw the way I do? Did I sell my soul in order to get my talent?
While I love to joke that I sold my soul to some crossroads demon, the truth is simple. I've practiced. I used references, I still do. I studied the proportions math of the human anatomy. I learned where things go and how they're placed, how things should look next to others. And my art improved drastically.
As you progress with your art, your style also changes. It can be gradual, or it can be a sudden thing. The gradual change is how you improve. And while sometimes you may not be able to see the improvement, trust, it's there. Take your drawings, and take a drawing you did a year ago. You'll see the improvement. And if you don't see much? Don't be discouraged! Keep practicing! People are paced differently than others. I personally am very slow. My gradual change isn't as drastic as others'. And that's completely fine!
The sudden changes you can face vary. Maybe you suddenly draw faces or hair better. Maybe all of a sudden you can draw hands or the body better. It's all a matter of finding a style that's suited to you. As you change styles, you start to notice a lot more about your art, and how you draw.
Also note- If you're a digital and traditional artist, don't be discouraged if your traditional style and your digital style are not the same. Mine certainly aren't.

To get to the point, this thread will serve as an advice thread of sorts. This is for those of you that need help with certain areas of drawing. Whether it be advice and tips on drawing, or if you're just in need of a critique. Let me help you with these.
Samples of my work can be found in this thread.
Thank you all vuv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 am
nerdiepi

I myself am in love with the arts. I love drawing, singing, playing instruments, and photography. I've always been an artistic person, in fact I've been drawing almost ever since I could hold a pencil. For me, drawing gives me a sense of peace in my state of mind. I can use my drawings to portray and give off feelings and emotions. I can use my art to make people ask questions, and I can use my art to make people amazed and in awe. In general, there's just so many things you can do with your drawing talent, and I'm here to share my knowledge with everyone.
I've been asked a lot, how do I draw the way I do? Did I sell my soul in order to get my talent?
While I love to joke that I sold my soul to some crossroads demon, the truth is simple. I've practiced. I used references, I still do. I studied the proportions math of the human anatomy. I learned where things go and how they're placed, how things should look next to others. And my art improved drastically.
As you progress with your art, your style also changes. It can be gradual, or it can be a sudden thing. The gradual change is how you improve. And while sometimes you may not be able to see the improvement, trust, it's there. Take your drawings, and take a drawing you did a year ago. You'll see the improvement. And if you don't see much? Don't be discouraged! Keep practicing! People are paced differently than others. I personally am very slow. My gradual change isn't as drastic as others'. And that's completely fine!
The sudden changes you can face vary. Maybe you suddenly draw faces or hair better. Maybe all of a sudden you can draw hands or the body better. It's all a matter of finding a style that's suited to you. As you change styles, you start to notice a lot more about your art, and how you draw.
Also note- If you're a digital and traditional artist, don't be discouraged if your traditional style and your digital style are not the same. Mine certainly aren't.

To get to the point, this thread will serve as an advice thread of sorts. This is for those of you that need help with certain areas of drawing. Whether it be advice and tips on drawing, or if you're just in need of a critique. Let me help you with these.
Thank you all vuv

Aww, that was such a lovely description! I'm glad there are more people who enjoy art! ^^~ So do I- ever since I was very small. I love your art style! What tablet do you use?  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 pm
Starz-N-Madness
nerdiepi

Thank you all vuv

Aww, that was such a lovely description! I'm glad there are more people who enjoy art! ^^~ So do I- ever since I was very small. I love your art style! What tablet do you use?
Ah, thank you! My art style tends to change quite a bit, but when it does it usually little things. (Ex.) I change the way I draw eyes or hands or body proportions a lot aha. I'm very inconsistent unfortunately.)
I personally use the Wacom Bamboo tablet. It doesn't cost that much, and it's very efficient. If you're looking to get a tablet, or if you already have one, I personally don't think which tablet you hav matters. It's how you use it that matters, and what you do with it!
Unless you get a tablet with a screen on it, then that's a whole other story vuv.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:28 pm
nerdiepi
Starz-N-Madness
nerdiepi

Thank you all vuv

Ah, thank you! My art style tends to change quite a bit, but when it does it usually little things. (Ex.) I change the way I draw eyes or hands or body proportions a lot aha. I'm very inconsistent unfortunately.)
I personally use the Wacom Bamboo tablet. It doesn't cost that much, and it's very efficient. If you're looking to get a tablet, or if you already have one, I personally don't think which tablet you hav matters. It's how you use it that matters, and what you do with it!
Unless you get a tablet with a screen on it, then that's a whole other story vuv.

Hehe, I'm the same way! I always change my style. It depends on how I feel that day.

That's very true. I just wanted to hear what tablet everyone uses (: I am looking into getting one. I currently just drw traditional, and then edit in Photoshop using my mouse.

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 pm
Starz-N-Madness
nerdiepi
Starz-N-Madness
nerdiepi

Thank you all vuv

Hehe, I'm the same way! I always change my style. It depends on how I feel that day.

That's very true. I just wanted to hear what tablet everyone uses (: I am looking into getting one. I currently just drw traditional, and then edit in Photoshop using my mouse.

Nice! Photoshop is a great program for drawing as well as editing. I've made so many memes with the editing tools I'm trash lol
I personally don't use it for drawing, but only because I don't know all of it's features and how to use them when it comes to drawing.It has a lot of nice brushes with textures that can be downloaded as well.
For now I just use Paint Tool SAI though, same experience in some sense :p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:45 pm
nerdiepi
Starz-N-Madness
nerdiepi
Starz-N-Madness
nerdiepi

Thank you all vuv

Nice! Photoshop is a great program for drawing as well as editing. I've made so many memes with the editing tools I'm trash lol
I personally don't use it for drawing, but only because I don't know all of it's features and how to use them when it comes to drawing.It has a lot of nice brushes with textures that can be downloaded as well.
For now I just use Paint Tool SAI though, same experience in some sense :p

Oh, that's awesome! I don't know all of the features in Photoshop either- I used to know a lot more in Highschool, but I forgot. But I do feel more confortable using it still.  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers