Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[ 1 v 1 ] Research (Chance vs Nahm) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 pm
The last time he'd been to the Haunted House had been...well, Chance couldn't really have called it a complete disaster, because he'd gotten out of there all right, in spite of his injuries. Kind of. It was the aftermath of it all, the extreme sensitivity to pain stemming from his ill-gotten artifact that had made it all the more worse, less so the actual fight itself. Though to be fair, the horseman's sword had been vicious, unforgiving. He had had the fortunate blessing of not having to actually feel the pain of the sword embedding itself into his stomach, slicing its way across his shoulders and torso. And he wished now that he'd had the foresight to actually ask her name, so he could have possibly studied her more, asked around to the other hunters and see if they knew anything about her at all. Chance had been more concerned about his new toy, about testing out the artifact that he'd spent so long trying to get (and annoying Claude in the process, though that was just a bonus).

But he wasn't wearing his artifact now. The memories of each and every little thing sending ricochets of agony up and down his body were still too fresh for Chance to use the manacle, as much as he was curious to try it again. What should have been a simple stubbing of his toe had turned into a violent, nauseating train wreck of pain, and what should have been just a slap was morphed horribly into something akin to a knife injury.

And so, he'd kept his promise to Otto and not put it on again. The Manacle of Eris was currently tucked away beneath a sheaf of papers and several notebooks in a drawer of Chance's desk, hidden just in case he decided to be - in Otto's words - stupid once more (he sincerely hoped that the next time he used it, it would not have quite so drastic a reaction, but the chances were sadly slim).

Chance paced the floors of the House, feeling the wooden boards creak beneath his feet with every step. Asher was already summoned, the icy bow held carefully in his hands, the cold metal a familiar warmth as the demon shifted restlessly inside of his thoughts. They were sending soft shivers of cold through his thoughts, which was pleasant. Chance hadn't yet seen a sign of anyone else, human or otherwise, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to run into one.

// be careful //

Aren't I always? Chance thought, with some amusement, peering around a corner as he pulled an arrow from thin air and notched it into the wire string of his bow.

// is that a rhetorical question? //

You wound me, Ace.

// always here to help //

xprolixity
I'M SORRY FOR THE REQUOTE I realized that I wrote the last tag in a hurry and it was messy and wasn't as good as I wanted it to be skjfdlsdfdsf so I edited it again

prolixity rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 1, 2 Total: 34 (12-72)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 pm
The Haunted House turned up when it felt like it, Nahm had heard, and though he'd gone out in search of it several times, he hadn't yet found it. Besides being interesting on its own, the house was where Merry had encountered the Hunter who'd injured her so badly, and the twins thus had a vested interest in research. But he'd gone rambling in the general direction that rumors said the place turned up several times, both looking and hoping, and the place hadn't shown itself.

So it was amusing, in a way, that he'd gone out today with no thought of looking for the Haunted House, and today was the day that he'd stumbled onto the elusive grounds. Fog spilled over the grounds and crept out into the surrounding woods, and the door in the elaborate front porch stood open, and Nahm wasn't one to refuse such an obvious invitation. He adjusted his scarf, folded his hands into the sleeves of his robe, and padded up the creaking steps and inside.

The interior seemed like a normal enough house at first, comfortingly eerie and run-down. But Nahm quickly noticed that the arrangement of the rooms and corridors was neither stable nor logical. A door that was there a few minutes ago might not be there when you went back looking for it. The House, it seemed, had its own ideas about where creeple should go. He would assume that it would let him out when and if it felt like it, he thought, and felt an edge of unease at that idea. He would have preferred Ahm's company for this particular foray, but his brother had had a class to attend.

Most of the doors in the hallways were closed. He tried a few of them, experimentally, but the ones he tried were locked or stuck. When he encountered one that stood partway open, he stopped to look at it for a moment. "Is that where you want me to go?" he asked the House softly, and received no answer. He shrugged, and slipped in through the crack.

The room within was expansive, apparently L-shaped, cluttered with bookshelves. It was dimly lit by beams of foggy light that filtered in through the cracks of the heavy curtains that shrouded the windows on the far wall. Curious, Nahm paused beside one of the bookshelves and picked up a book, brushing cobwebs off the cover. The pages within were entirely blank.

He had a strange, creeping, waiting feeling. Putting the blank book back on the shelves, he glanced around the room and padded slowly across to check the windows.

Quote:
Rolling a 5: ALL PLAYERS AT ANY POINT CAN FORFEIT THEIR ATTACK TO ROLL 2d12. If you roll odd, you do this damage to your opponent. If you roll even, you do this damage to YOURSELF - no modifier, you can ONLY DO THIS ONCE. You feel an uneasy unsettling feeling, as if something is coming, but you can't place what or when. (roll below because I fail)

kuuropii
hi I hope this setting is okay with you <3

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
prolixity rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:32 pm
((let's roll the right number of dice good job me))  
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:20 pm
The fog was thick outside, not that Chance could see any of it from where he currently lurked, halfway inside of one room and halfway out into a corridor. The arrow he'd strung felt cold against his fingers, but he was so used to it by now that it was hardly noticeable.

He slipped out into the hall again, Asher stirring restlessly inside of his head. Chance thought he heard something, but it could have been the soft rustling of his own movements. He took caution, however, and slowed his steps, eyes narrowing slightly in the dim lighting of the House itself.

An open door stood ahead, just slightly, and Chance slipped towards it, his tall frame stooped to avoid knocking his head on any of the beams. A shadow was falling across the floor; it shifted, and footsteps could be heard on the other side of the door. Chance gently tapped it with the end of his bow, carefully pushing it open so that he could look more fully inside.

There was something standing, looking out the window, and it was not a human.

"Afternoon," said Chance lightly, cocking his head to the side, bow partially raised. "And what exactly might you be?"

prolixity

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:08 am
A soft rustle and tap from the doorway, and Nahm turned smoothly to see what was there, ears pricking up. Someone stood in the door. Nahm looked the male up and down thoughtfully, observing the lack of monstrous features, the dark hair, the clothing, the weapon he carried in his hand. He had asked a question, and not impolitely. Nahm tilted his head slightly, mirroring the other's gesture. "Greetings," he replied. "I am a grue. And yourself? A reaper?"

The faint firefly glow of eyes narrowed thoughtfully within his hood. He hadn't forgotten Merry's recounting of what had happened to her, nor her description of the person who'd hurt her so badly, a tall male in a white coat with gold trim, wearing a scarf. "Or a hunter?"

kuuropii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:32 pm
Chance tilted his head, eyes narrowing slightly, eyebrows drawing together as he made an attempt at deciphering this particular creature. It wasn't like anything he'd seen before; layered in fabric, a deep shadow where it's face should have been.

He shook his head slowly. "Not a reaper," said Chance musingly, mulling over the phrase grue. It did not bring any recognition, but he caught the light glow inside the hood and his fingers curled a little more firmly around the hilt of his bow.

The weapon was slightly raised, though not quite all the way yet.

"Hunter would be correct."

prolixity

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:45 pm
"Human, then." Nahm rolled the word across his tongue, tasting it thoughtfully. He moved slowly closer to this human, this hunter, one slow step at a time, looking with an assessing eye. He didn't know how to judge human age, but this one didn't look old. He held a weapon as if he knew how to use it. Were humans like reapers, weapons part of themselves? What little information Nahm had been able to find was contradictory and useless, barely more than fairy tales. A few other students had given him tidbits, but the fact remained that a hunter had hurt Merry, and now one stood in front of Nahm, holding a bow at an angle that was not quite aggressive, but a definite warning.

He kept his hands folded into his sleeves in front of him, but beneath the cover of the enveloping fabric, his claws slipped out through the fingertips of his gloves. The room was dim enough that he could probably endure for a while if his hood were pulled away. "One of your kind hurt -- mm -- someone quite dear to me, when she came here," he said, in measured tones, and waited to see how the human would respond.

kuroopii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:02 pm
He tensed at the movement, though Chance didn't move himself, lifting his chin a little to regard the creature in front of him, wondering if he was just biding his time, or whether he was simply non-aggressive. Asher thrummed in his head, a reassuring cold ebbing through his thoughts

Chance's eyes flickered briefly to the claws, then back up to the shadowy space where the face should have been.

"Is that right?" Chance asked mildly. "You'd have to be a little more specific; that's not exactly an unusual occurrence around her."

His head tilted a little to the side, eyes still narrowed.

"Come here to take your revenge or something?"

prolixity

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:16 pm
"Mm. Are you the one that hurt her? I don't think you are. She said that one had a knife." Nahm stopped, far enough away to not appear overtly threatening. The human had a ranged weapon, and while Nahm was fast, if he decided to fight he wasn't entirely sure he could get first blood. "So. Not revenge, as such. Investigation, maybe."

The glow of his eyes flickered in a blink. He was just close enough now to get faint, occasional wisps of scent across the space that separated him from the human. The male smelled different from the child-human he'd encountered once, and Nahm couldn't sense any trace of Fear. Odd. He'd been taught that humans generated it, carried it with them at all times. "Why are you here?" he asked, and flickered his long tongue out into the dry air of the room, seeking to get a better taste of the hunter's scent.

kuroopii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:43 pm
A light smile flitted across Chance's face.

"Sorry, I don't have a knife, only this," he said mildly, lifting the bow, the slender blades along the side glinting a little. It was a casual gesture, not meant to intimidate. "I know a few with knives, it could be anyone. The last thing I met in here was a Horseman, anyway."

Investigation. "What sort of investigation?"Chance caught the flicker of a tongue, the glow disappearing, and he shifted his feet a little, still loosely braced in case the creature decided to move suddenly.

One shoulder rose and fell in a shrug. "Duty calls," said Chance easily, smiling beningly at it. "I was called here to do a little investigating myself."

prolixity

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:40 am
"A few," Nahm repeated curiously. "Are there many of your kind?" He eased slightly closer, his robes rustling soft and dry across the dusty floorboards, his footsteps nearly silent. "You cannot be so very numerous, or you would be better known among us." He studied the bow and the human's wary, ready stance thoughtfully. "What is it that makes you hunter? Is it training, or something else?"

"Why, investigating you now," he purred in response, and couldn't resist a grin, a wide array of teeth suddenly glinting faint and wet within the shadowy dimness of his hood. "Exploring is interesting, isn't it?"

kuroopii
why.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:47 pm
He tilted his head a little, dark curls falling across his forehead. "Plenty," he answered, a little dry. "Enough to make an impact. What makes you think we aren't well known as it is? Maybe we're just really good at hiding in the shadows."

A brow rose. Chance gave the creature a quizzical look, lips quirking upwards a little as amusement flickered through his eyes.

"Depends on the type of investigating," he said mildly, voice a dry drawl, Chance remaining calm. "Please tell me you're not all that interested in exploring something you really shouldn't."

prolixity

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:54 pm
"Perhaps I know things about hiding in the shadows." Nahm's eyes glinted with amusement. This human was interesting. Were all humans interesting? Some of them were dangerous, clearly, but this one had shown no inclination to attack him without reason. Nahm would not make the mistake of assuming that this one was the norm rather than the exception, but it was a data point.

He snickered. "I am often interested in exploring things I shouldn't." Another smooth step forward, an appraising gaze; he was closer now, enough so that the outlines of a long, inhuman face could be made out in the deep shadow of the hood. Would the human allow him to get within range if he continued to converse?

kuroopii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:09 pm
He didn't doubt that; if there was anything that was made in the shadows, it was this thing, all soft slithers and quiet rustling, its face still hidden in the shrouds of its clothing. The teeth that glinted in the darkness were sharp, and as it moved closer, Chance could see the faint lines of a face.

He didn't back away, but Chance lifted his chin, fingers tensing ever so subtly on his bow.

"Believe me," he said dryly. "Some things are better left unexplored."

prolixity

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

prolixity rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-16)

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:29 pm
The human tensed slightly, hand tightening on his weapon, head lifting in a gesture that would have been an outright challenge from another grue: my throat is bared, I jacking dare you. It probably didn't mean the same thing, Nahm knew, but it made him hungry, the focus of the constant gnawing emptiness returning to his mouth, his teeth, his stomach. He could talk more, try to get further information out of the wary human.

When he moved, it was swift, a fluttering whirl of robes and clawed hands grabbing for Chance's shoulders, claws digging into flesh. This close, when his mouth dropped open, the double rows of sharklike teeth were clearly visible.

HP: 40/40
Dmg: 4  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas