Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Satan's Final War Plan Exposed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:37 pm
Satan's Final War Plan Exposed  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:10 pm
I listened up to 14 minutes 15 seconds -ish and I'll stop there because I have a lot to comment on.

No offense or disrespect to David Wilkerson, but he sounds drunk (lacking discernment). How can he say, "Satan has changed his strategy", but then proceed to quote verses that suggest it's not a new strategy at all, but how Satan has always acted throughout the Old Testament >_>; emotion_sweatdrop ???

He gets tangled in his own logic.

To begin with, Wilkerson's description of Satan's old strategy:

@11:39 "And very little of the warfare of Satan against the church of the wilderness was aimed at the leadership. You find only a few occasions he came against Aaron for a season. He came against Saul, David, individuals but it's rare".

Two things to point out here: of lesser importance, but still must be corrected: King Saul and King David are not participants of the wilderness wandering. By the time they're born and come into history, Israel has long inherited the land; ergo, they're not in the desert / wilderness anymore, and the nation had already been established in the land of Canaan (the land God promised to Abraham) by the time Israel asked for a King (enter King Saul, followed by David).

Second, and the main point, he is saying that Satan's old tactic against the church in the wilderness, of the Old Testament, is in essence, to attack the laity (the common folk, not so much the leadership).

But wait, what does he say is Satan's new and improved tactic after the cross?

@12:41 "And now we have—we come to the cross. We come to the strategy now of Satan coming against entire congregations. He comes against the laity".

What? You mean just like he came against the entire congregation that had left Egypt—Gentile and Israelite alike, native-born and foreigner among them.

• Exodus 12:37-39N (NIV)

37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Sukkoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38 Many other people went up with them, and also large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds. 39 With the dough the Israelites had brought from Egypt, they baked loaves of unleavened bread. The dough was without yeast because they had been driven out of Egypt and did not have time to prepare food for themselves.

So, the new strategy (coming against the laity in the New Testament) is the same exact strategy Wilkerson is accusing Satan of using in the Old Testament (coming against the laity, not the leadership as much?) In other words, nothing new at all.

He didn't misspeak. He actually believes the Old Testament is different:

@10:49 he says, "Satan went after, the scripture says, those that were stragglers of the camp, the rearguard. He came against the weak, he came against those who were crippled and those who were diseased. He came against those who were not really Jews but they came out of Israel [sic] with the Jews, they wanted to be a part of what God was doing and they were stragglers. They were really not with Israel, but he came on the rear guard."

First, that Satan is looking for stragglers hasn't changed.

• 1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

In nature, do lions attack the strong? or the weak stragglers? The stragglers. Like any predatory pack animal does. For example, Male Lions Hunt and Make a Kill. That buffalo was alone. A straggler. Satan prowling around like a lion in the New Testament is the same as his Old Testament strategy against the stragglers in Moses' congregation.

Secondly, yes, he attacked the Gentiles (the "not really Jews") that were coming out of Egypt—Gentiles coming out of the slavery of the world—those Gentiles who wanted to join themselves to Israel. That hasn't changed either. It's still the same.

• Romans 16:26 (NIV)

26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from[a] faith—

Footnotes:

a. Romans 16:26 Or that is

• Romans 6:16-17 (NIV)

16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.

• Romans 11:25 (NIV)

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

Gentiles are joining themselves to Israel—still. And Satan wants to stop it. The epistle to the Romans is New Testament and a letter written to Gentiles who are coming out of the world.

So this...

@12:14 "But then comes the cross of Jesus Christ. Then comes the need for a new strategy. A new plan. And folks, the devil has—the bible says we're not ignorant of the devices, or the wiles, of the devil. The wiles mean plans, strategies. That very word is strategy. We're not ignorant of his strategy. His strategy keeps changing.

...is so laughably wrong.

The reason we're not ignorant of his strategies is because his strategy always remains the same, i.e. "did God really say...?"; "ignore what's actually written, what do you recall it to say, in general?"; "No, it's okay, you don't have to listen to God's instructions; do what looks appetizing and right to you".

And Wilkerson goes on to describe Satan's old strategy in the Old Testament as:

@11:34 "...and Satan came and tempted in these areas of flesh and appetite"

@ 12:05 "At that time, Satan's warfare had to do with appetite, it had to do with the belly, it had to do with nature."

Still does.

• Philippians 3:19 (NIV)

19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.

• 1 Timothy 4:1-5 (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Romans 7:25 (NIV)

25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

Footnotes:

a. Romans 7:25 Or in the flesh

Those who keep God's commands and hold to the faith of Jesus won't fall for the temptation of the flesh, temptation of their carnal appetites, including those of their bellies, because they'll keep God's commands and not succumb to the flesh when it contradicts God's commands.

Why? Because we crucify the flesh and walk in the Spirit, which doesn't desire to violate God's commands, any of them, but fulfill them.

• Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV)

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

• Ezekiel 36:27 (NIV)

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

The concise comparison Paul makes in Romans 8:7-9.

Like I said, I watched this video up to 14:15-ish so let's continue up to that point. Wilkerson says Satan has a new strategy, and he goes on to show us some examples to prove that:

@13:01 "He attacked the Corinthian Church with a flood of lust and carnality"

Just like how Balaam gave advice that would flood the camp with sexual immorality via the Midianite prostitutes. Lust and carnal appetites galore.

• Numbers 31:15-16 (NIV)

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people.

• Revelation 2:14 (NIV)

14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality.

Food offered to idols and unlawful sex. Carnal appetites, disobedience to God's law which prohibits such things.

How dare Wilkerson say this is absent from the Old Testament spiritual warfare when the New Testament is citing an Old Testament example as support, as analogy, for what's to come. Same exact thing.

@13:06 "He comes to the Galatian church with a bewitching spirit"

You mean just like the Israelites were enticed (bewitched, charmed, beguiled, fascinated) in the Old Testament by the idolatrous and sexually immoral practices of the pagans? following the spiritual forces of this world in place of God's commands? Yeah, that's not new.

• 2 Kings 17:21 (NIV)

21 When he tore Israel away from the house of David, they made Jeroboam son of Nebat their king. Jeroboam enticed Israel away from following the Lord and caused them to commit a great sin.

@13:36 "Ephesus, he attacks the church, the love and devotion to Christ. At Smirna, Satan casts some of them in prison. He sent blasphemers into their midst"

Let's tackle one at a time:

Attacking the love and devotion to God:

If "love for God" is defined as,

• 1 John 5:3 (NIV)

3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Then this is like Jeroboam leading generations of Israelites astray by changing dates, making images of God (in the form of bulls), and picking people outside of the tribe of Levi to serve as priests, whoever he liked, of his own choosing. Not keeping God's commands, but leading others to disobey in the same way.

Casting some of them in prison:

...like they did to Joseph in the Old Testament:

• Genesis 39:20 (NIV)

20 Joseph’s master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king’s prisoners were confined.

But while Joseph was there in the prison,

...like they did to Micaiah in the Old Testament (for telling God's truth):

• 1 Kings 22:26-27 (NIV)

26 The king of Israel then ordered, “Take Micaiah and send him back to Amon the ruler of the city and to Joash the king’s son 27 and say, ‘This is what the king says: Put this fellow in prison and give him nothing but bread and water until I return safely.’”

Sending blasphemers into their midst:

...like in the Old Testament when the half-Israelite blasphemer went in the midst of Moses' congregation?

• Leviticus 24:10-11 (NIV)

10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite. 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.)

@13:50 "At Pergamus, false doctrine"

You mean like in the Old Testament when the ones in charge of teaching weren't teaching the truth...?

• Ezekiel 22:26 (NIV)

26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

• 2 Chronicles 15:3 (NIV)

3 For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law.

@13:54 "At Thyatira the devil sent teachers in with a Jezebel spirit to seduce the congregations into fornication".

Again, like Balaam and the women of Midian.

14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality.

@14:03 "And when you come to Sardis, you find formality and deadness cast upon them"

..you mean, like the dead rituals (formality) going on in the Old Testament?

• Zechariah 7:5 (NIV)

5 “Ask all the people of the land and the priests, ‘When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months for the past seventy years, was it really for me that you fasted?

• Isaiah 58:2-4 (NIV)

2 For day after day they seek me out;
            they seem eager to know my ways,
            as if they were a nation that does what is right
            and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
            They ask me for just decisions
            and seem eager for God to come near them.
        3 ‘Why have we fasted,’ they say,
            ‘and you have not seen it?
            Why have we humbled ourselves,
            and you have not noticed?’
            “Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
            and exploit all your workers.
        4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
            and in striking each other with wicked fists.
            You cannot fast as you do today
            and expect your voice to be heard on high.

In other words, just like prior to the cross, when we had the Pharisees and Sadducees in their dead formality, hearts far removed:

• Matthew 15:1-9 (NIV)

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
              but their hearts are far from me.
        9 They worship me in vain;
            their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 5:16
        b. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. 20:9
        c. Matthew 15:9 Isaiah 29:13

Rebuking the Pharisees for ignoring what God literally commanded, and opting for dead formality: engaging in religious traditions (and interpretations that have been traditionally handed down to them) despite those traditions, interpretations and traditional applications of the law nullifying Old Testament commands outright. Ergo, just a chapter later...

• Matthew 16:6 (NIV)

6 “Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

• Matthew 16:12 (NIV)

12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

@14:08 "And at Laodicea, a spirit of lukewarmness, covetousness, materialism blinded the whole congregations."

Not unlike:

• Zephaniah 1:12-13 (NIV)

12 At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps
            and punish those who are complacent,
            who are like wine left on its dregs,
            who think, ‘The Lord will do nothing,
            either good or bad.’
        13 Their wealth will be plundered,
            their houses demolished.
            Though they build houses,
            they will not live in them;
            though they plant vineyards,
            they will not drink the wine.”

They're complacent (lukewarm), not on fire for God, holiness or righteousness. They have houses (rich), they have vineyards (rich) and wine (rich) and they have wealth (riches).

Just as materialistic and complacent as the church in Laodicea. This is not unique to the New Testament.

@14:15 "You see he's going after the laity. He's going after the congregation. He's going after the masses of believers".

You don't say. That's correct. But this isn't new. It's just like what you find in the Old Testament. This is not a new strategy. He has always gone after the laity, the weak, the stragglers—and the whole hierarchy up to the leadership.

And I refused to listen beyond that point. I couldn't tolerate anymore.

Garland. I don't know whether to ask if you listened to this video prior to sharing it because (1) if you didn't, that's just irresponsible and (2) if you did, you must've been in a stupor because this is an abomination of a message. It is Satanic. It is Satan's old strategy trying to make us doubt what is actually written in the Old Testament ("forget that Old Testament, it doesn't apply to you". "Forget what God originally said" is a lie from the devil).

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:43 pm
cristobela
I listened up to 14 minutes 15 seconds -ish and I'll stop there because I have a lot to comment on.

No offense or disrespect to David Wilkerson, but he sounds drunk (lacking discernment). How can he say, "Satan has changed his strategy", but then proceed to quote verses that suggest it's not a new strategy at all, but how Satan has always acted throughout the Old Testament >_>; emotion_sweatdrop ???

He gets tangled in his own logic.

To begin with, Wilkerson's description of Satan's old strategy:

@11:39 "And very little of the warfare of Satan against the church of the wilderness was aimed at the leadership. You find only a few occasions he came against Aaron for a season. He came against Saul, David, individuals but it's rare".

Two things to point out here: of lesser importance, but still must be corrected: King Saul and King David are not participants of the wilderness wandering. By the time they're born and come into history, Israel has long inherited the land; ergo, they're not in the desert / wilderness anymore, and the nation had already been established in the land of Canaan (the land God promised to Abraham) by the time Israel asked for a King (enter King Saul, followed by David).

Second, and the main point, he is saying that Satan's old tactic against the church in the wilderness, of the Old Testament, is in essence, to attack the laity (the common folk, not so much the leadership).

But wait, what does he say is Satan's new and improved tactic after the cross?

@12:41 "And now we have—we come to the cross. We come to the strategy now of Satan coming against entire congregations. He comes against the laity".

What? You mean just like he came against the entire congregation that had left Egypt—Gentile and Israelite alike, native-born and foreigner among them.

• Exodus 12:37-39N (NIV)

37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Sukkoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38 Many other people went up with them, and also large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds. 39 With the dough the Israelites had brought from Egypt, they baked loaves of unleavened bread. The dough was without yeast because they had been driven out of Egypt and did not have time to prepare food for themselves.

So, the new strategy (coming against the laity in the New Testament) is the same exact strategy Wilkerson is accusing Satan of using in the Old Testament (coming against the laity, not the leadership as much?) In other words, nothing new at all.

He didn't misspeak. He actually believes the Old Testament is different:

@10:49 he says, "Satan went after, the scripture says, those that were stragglers of the camp, the rearguard. He came against the weak, he came against those who were crippled and those who were diseased. He came against those who were not really Jews but they came out of Israel [sic] with the Jews, they wanted to be a part of what God was doing and they were stragglers. They were really not with Israel, but he came on the rear guard."

First, that Satan is looking for stragglers hasn't changed.

• 1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

In nature, do lions attack the strong? or the weak stragglers? The stragglers. Like any predatory pack animal does. For example, Male Lions Hunt and Make a Kill. That buffalo was alone. A straggler. Satan prowling around like a lion in the New Testament is the same as his Old Testament strategy against the stragglers in Moses' congregation.

Secondly, yes, he attacked the Gentiles (the "not really Jews") that were coming out of Egypt—Gentiles coming out of the slavery of the world—those Gentiles who wanted to join themselves to Israel. That hasn't changed either. It's still the same.

• Romans 16:26 (NIV)

26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from[a] faith—

Footnotes:

a. Romans 16:26 Or that is

• Romans 6:16-17 (NIV)

16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.

• Romans 11:25 (NIV)

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

Gentiles are joining themselves to Israel—still. And Satan wants to stop it. The epistle to the Romans is New Testament and a letter written to Gentiles who are coming out of the world.

So this...

@12:14 "But then comes the cross of Jesus Christ. Then comes the need for a new strategy. A new plan. And folks, the devil has—the bible says we're not ignorant of the devices, or the wiles, of the devil. The wiles mean plans, strategies. That very word is strategy. We're not ignorant of his strategy. His strategy keeps changing.

...is so laughably wrong.

The reason we're not ignorant of his strategies is because his strategy always remains the same, i.e. "did God really say...?"; "ignore what's actually written, what do you recall it to say, in general?"; "No, it's okay, you don't have to listen to God's instructions; do what looks appetizing and right to you".

And Wilkerson goes on to describe Satan's old strategy in the Old Testament as:

@11:34 "...and Satan came and tempted in these areas of flesh and appetite"

@ 12:05 "At that time, Satan's warfare had to do with appetite, it had to do with the belly, it had to do with nature."

Still does.

• Philippians 3:19 (NIV)

19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.

• 1 Timothy 4:1-5 (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Romans 7:25 (NIV)

25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

Footnotes:

a. Romans 7:25 Or in the flesh

Those who keep God's commands and hold to the faith of Jesus won't fall for the temptation of the flesh, temptation of their carnal appetites, including those of their bellies, because they'll keep God's commands and not succumb to the flesh when it contradicts God's commands.

Why? Because we crucify the flesh and walk in the Spirit, which doesn't desire to violate God's commands, any of them, but fulfill them.

• Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV)

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

• Ezekiel 36:27 (NIV)

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

The concise comparison Paul makes in Romans 8:7-9.

Like I said, I watched this video up to 14:15-ish so let's continue up to that point. Wilkerson says Satan has a new strategy, and he goes on to show us some examples to prove that:

@13:01 "He attacked the Corinthian Church with a flood of lust and carnality"

Just like how Balaam gave advice that would flood the camp with sexual immorality via the Midianite prostitutes. Lust and carnal appetites galore.

• Numbers 31:15-16 (NIV)

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people.

Food offered to idols and unlawful sex. Carnal appetites, disobedience to God's law which prohibits such things.

How dare Wilkerson say this is absent from the Old Testament spiritual warfare when the New Testament is citing an Old Testament example as support, as analogy, for what's to come. Same exact thing.

@13:06 "He comes to the Galatian church with a bewitching spirit"

You mean just like the Israelites were enticed (bewitched, charmed, beguiled, fascinated) in the Old Testament by the idolatrous and sexually immoral practices of the pagans? following the spiritual forces of this world in place of God's commands? Yeah, that's not new.

• 2 Kings 17:21 (NIV)

21 When he tore Israel away from the house of David, they made Jeroboam son of Nebat their king. Jeroboam enticed Israel away from following the Lord and caused them to commit a great sin.

@13:36 "Ephesus, he attacks the church, the love and devotion to Christ. At Smirna, Satan casts some of them in prison. He sent blasphemers into their midst"

Let's tackle one at a time:

Attacking the love and devotion to God:

If "love for God" is defined as,

• 1 John 5:3 (NIV)

3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Then this is like Jeroboam leading generations of Israelites astray by changing dates, making images of God (in the form of bulls), and picking people outside of the tribe of Levi to serve as priests, whoever he liked, of his own choosing. Not keeping God's commands, but leading others to disobey in the same way.

Casting some of them in prison:

...like they did to Joseph in the Old Testament:

• Genesis 39:20 (NIV)

20 Joseph’s master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king’s prisoners were confined.

But while Joseph was there in the prison,

...like they did to Micaiah in the Old Testament (for telling God's truth):

• 1 Kings 22:26-27 (NIV)

26 The king of Israel then ordered, “Take Micaiah and send him back to Amon the ruler of the city and to Joash the king’s son 27 and say, ‘This is what the king says: Put this fellow in prison and give him nothing but bread and water until I return safely.’”

Sending blasphemers into their midst:

...like in the Old Testament when the half-Israelite blasphemer went in the midst of Moses' congregation?

• Leviticus 24:10-11 (NIV)

10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite. 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.)

@13:50 "At Pergamus, false doctrine"

You mean like in the Old Testament when the ones in charge of teaching weren't teaching the truth...?

• Ezekiel 22:26 (NIV)

26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

• 2 Chronicles 15:3 (NIV)

3 For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law.

@13:54 "At Thyatira the devil sent teachers in with a Jezebel spirit to seduce the congregations into fornication".

Again, like Balaam and the women of Midian.

@14:03 "And when you come to Sardis, you find formality and deadness cast upon them"

..you mean, like the dead rituals (formality) going on in the Old Testament?

• Zechariah 7:5 (NIV)

5 “Ask all the people of the land and the priests, ‘When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months for the past seventy years, was it really for me that you fasted?

• Isaiah 58:2-4 (NIV)

2 For day after day they seek me out;
            they seem eager to know my ways,
            as if they were a nation that does what is right
            and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
            They ask me for just decisions
            and seem eager for God to come near them.
        3 ‘Why have we fasted,’ they say,
            ‘and you have not seen it?
            Why have we humbled ourselves,
            and you have not noticed?’
            “Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
            and exploit all your workers.
        4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
            and in striking each other with wicked fists.
            You cannot fast as you do today
            and expect your voice to be heard on high.

In other words, just like prior to the cross, when we had the Pharisees and Sadducees in their dead formality, hearts far removed:

• Matthew 15:1-9 (NIV)

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
              but their hearts are far from me.
        9 They worship me in vain;
            their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 5:16
        b. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. 20:9
        c. Matthew 15:9 Isaiah 29:13

Rebuking the Pharisees for ignoring what God literally commanded, and opting for dead formality: engaging in religious traditions (and interpretations that have been traditionally handed down to them) despite those traditions, interpretations and traditional applications of the law nullifying Old Testament commands outright. Ergo, just a chapter later...

• Matthew 16:6 (NIV)

6 “Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

• Matthew 16:12 (NIV)

12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

@14:08 "And at Laodicea, a spirit of lukewarmness, covetousness, materialism blinded the whole congregations."

Not unlike:

• Zephaniah 1:12-13 (NIV)

12 At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps
            and punish those who are complacent,
            who are like wine left on its dregs,
            who think, ‘The Lord will do nothing,
            either good or bad.’
        13 Their wealth will be plundered,
            their houses demolished.
            Though they build houses,
            they will not live in them;
            though they plant vineyards,
            they will not drink the wine.”

They're complacent (lukewarm), not on fire for God, holiness or righteousness. They have houses (rich), they have vineyards (rich) and wine (rich) and they have wealth (riches).

Just as materialistic and complacent as the church in Laodicea. This is not unique to the New Testament.

@14:15 "You see he's going after the laity. He's going after the congregation. He's going after the masses of believers".

You don't say. That's correct. But this isn't new. It's just like what you find in the Old Testament. This is not a new strategy. He has always gone after the laity, the weak, the stragglers—and the whole hierarchy up to the leadership.

And I refused to listen beyond that point. I couldn't tolerate anymore.

Garland. I don't know whether to ask if you listened to this video prior to sharing it because (1) if you didn't, that's just irresponsible and (2) if you did, you must've been in a stupor because this is an abomination of a message. It is Satanic. It is Satan's old strategy trying to make us doubt what is actually written in the Old Testament ("forget that Old Testament, it doesn't apply to you". "Forget what God originally said" is a lie from the devil).

I apologize and stand corrected. I failed to realize the things you just pointed out, and yes I did listen to the video. I always listen to or read what I post. Perhaps the message should have been 'Satan, up to his same old tricks'. Maybe I should delete the thread... But then people will not be able to read what you wrote, and they will miss a great learning opportunity.  
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games