Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures I Open~ Intro/Bowtruckle Lecture Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

cαяє σғ мαɢιcαℓ cяєαтυяєsI

Wednesday's Block 5: 1:00pm - 1:45pm
Location: On the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest, generally by the Gate Keeper's Hut

[About the Class]
The main prerogative of this class is to get students familiar with the identification and interaction of the numerous magical creatures in the wizarding world. As this is the starting course, all the animals will be practically harmless save for a few minor scrapes and bruises that could easily be blamed on student's inability to pay attention.

[About the Professor]
Professor Yates is originally from Wales and a middle child and only girl out of four brothers. After graduation she spent many years traveling and studying various native groups and animals before having an unfortunate accident and having to return back home. After recuperation and small menial jobs she applied for this post and well, here she is. This is her first time teaching but this does not mean she is a carpet to be walked upon.

[Class Rules]
1. Don't be late. Just because the classroom is situated outside does not mean you may come and go at your leisure. If a student is found late they will be sent back to the castle with a note stuck to their back. If a student is late more than three times they will have to attend a meeting with the professor to see if they wish to continue.
2. Be respectful and courteous to all animals and creatures in class. If there is even a slight inclination that a student is doing wrong by a creature they will be given a detention, points will be taken, and a meeting with Headmaster will be scheduled.
3. Be respectful and courteous to your fellow human beings. No use of slurs or malicious intent towards your classmates or you will face loss of points, detention, and a one-way ticket to the Headmaster's office.
4. Always bring your materials to class. For each time you don't have your materials five point increments will be taken.

[Class Materials]
Textbooks: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Monster Book of Monsters
Wand
Note taking materials

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:35 pm
List of Knowledge

Bowtruckle Lecture [ ]
Bowtruckle Interaction [ ]
Pixie Lecture [ ]
Pixie Interaction [ ]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:03 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom
We're the beginning of the end
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image
нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Ivy Bishop
Layton Bannister
Selina Grey
Ceri Davies
Adaline Davenport
Sata Snow
Emrynn Bennett

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Tesni, after a near disastrous her first day, had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. She thought she'd be a bit bored just standing there and waiting before remembering that she was in front of the flipping Forbidden Forest...which wasn't so forbidden now that she was actually a member of the faculty. Somehow it sort of lost it's thrill, but she still enjoyed her time immensely. So when it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." she concluded not waiting to see if there even were any. She hoped these students weren't that stupid. "Since it's the first lesson, I'll first have you introduce yourselves then I'll give a short lecture on one of the creatures you'll be seeing next week. I would like your name, your house, and one interesting fact about yourself or a hobby you enjoy. For example, my name is Tesni Yates, I'm a former Gryffindor, for my fact I have four brothers, two older and two younger all in different houses and as for my hobby, I enjoy walking through the forest and rock climbing. Now one of you." Tesni stated waiting for the brave soul.

Cara MiaKitty

Deviled Dregs

Graydon Ironshield

SummerIsles

shabatha

Maiya Kajuji

amo10690

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly nervous, slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:25 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅲ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅲ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina had been looking forward to this class since First Year, and had to swallow her disappointment that it wasn't offered sooner, and now she was enjoying the hike from the castle to the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Hannah had badgered her at length about what resided in the forest, but Selina knew only what was reputed to be there and nothing more. Now a layer of the mystery was being peeled away.

As was customary, the first class was the one where the professor laid down the law, and then asked the students to introduce themselves. "Selina Grey, from Ravenclaw House," she said, bowing her head with respect. "My aunt and uncle raise purebred Irish Wolfhounds, and I enjoy working in my garden during the summer."

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:09 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Reserve Seeker │ Third Year

After lunch, Layton was more than ready to work off some of the pounds he had no doubt probably worked up on his trek to Care of Magical Creatures, his materials tucked under his arm. He wished he didn't have to carry them, but life wasn't easy. By the time he made it to the edges of the Forbidden Forest, he noticed the professor and Selina already there. He smiled towards Selina and stood beside her, placing his things on the ground in front of his feet.

When the class started, Layton wasn't surprised to hear Professor Yates give the usual beginning speech, and then introductions. "I'm Layton Bannister, Hufflepuff house, and I have a younger cousin who's also in Hufflepuff."

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
тнιя∂ уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

Ceri was looking forward to this class because she liked animals, even the big and scary looking ones and even (gasp) snakes. Ceri sneaked up to the Selina and Layton and stood next to her friends. She listened to the Professor introduce herself then turned and watched Selina and then Layton introduce themselves. She swallowed back her nervousness when it was her turn and then she said, "My name is Ceri Davies. I'm a Hufflepuff. And interesting fact about me? Uhm, I guess it's interesting that I can speak Welsh, French and German and I play piano and violin." She nodded and looked around, hoping that someone else would go now.

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:31 am
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Ivy Bishop
Layton Bannister
Selina Grey
Ceri Davies
Adaline Davenport
Sata Snow
Emrynn Bennett

Tesni nodded at each student as they made their introductions and made sure to memorize names with faces for the ongoing school year. She hated it when her professors had been so bored or just lazy that they couldn't bother to remember their student's names. When everyone was done she looked at them all expectantly since she had just told them they would be taking notes but she decided to be nice and flicked her wand towards her students and their books fluttered open to the chapter on bowtruckles.

"Lovely to make your acquaintances but on to the main reason you're all here: to learn. Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.

Cara MiaKitty

Deviled Dregs

Graydon Ironshield

SummerIsles

shabatha

Maiya Kajuji

amo10690

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly nervous, slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:23 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

One thing Selina liked about this class was just being able to get away from the castle for at least a little bit, and that she wasn't in anything remotely like a hurry after it was done either. In fact she could enjoy a bit of peace, and have a little snack before hiking back to the castle.

"I have a question, Professor Yates," she said, before the class was dismissed. "Are there any bowtruckles in the Forbidden Forest, and have you encountered them yourself?"

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 am
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Ivy Bishop
Layton Bannister
Selina Grey
Ceri Davies
Adaline Davenport
Sata Snow
Emrynn Bennett

Tesni made sure to get out to the Forbidden Forest extra early so that she not only had enough bowtruckles for the students to see and interact with, but also enough wood lice to keep their interest. She also had fairy eggs but they were ones she had found a while ago and had been kept fresh with preserving charms so she hoped to only use them in case of emergency. Fresh fairy eggs were getting harder to find this time of year. Once everything was set up the way she liked it she looked at the time and noticed that she only had a few more minutes of peace before the students descended upon her. She decided against going back into the forest for a quick smoke so she settled on climbing into a nearby tree and relaxing for a bit. Sooner rather than later she saw the telltale signs of students arriving and let out a huff before swinging down from her branch and dropping down in front of them. "Afternoon kiddies. Today we will be doing the bowtruckle interaction so I hope you've brushed up on what you've learned. And before you forget, any who haven't already turned in the essay please do so on that stump." Tesni told them pointing to a nearby stump. "In or around each nearby tree is one bowtruckle. Your task for today is to locate it, sketch it, and interact with it. There are sketching tools for those who don't have any also by the stump and I will be walking around making sure no harm comes to the bowtruckle or to you. Which I doubt since I'm sure you've read the chapter and done the homework." she told her students smiling her tooth grin before it melted back into her neutral facade. "You have 'til the end of class. Begin."

Cara MiaKitty

Deviled Dregs

Graydon Ironshield

SummerIsles

shabatha

Maiya Kajuji

amo10690

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:18 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

The cool air felt good after being cooped up in the castle all morning, and Selina was sure she felt autumn turning towards winter already. After pausing and taking a slight detour, prior to class, Selina made sure she got to Professor Yates' class in good time. She'd already taken care to drop off her essay at the Professor's office earlier in the day, so she didn't need to risk having her parchment whisked away by an unfortunate gust of wind were she to hand it in now.

After the Professor allowed them to start looking for the tiny creatures, Selina started walked around the trees in the general vicinity, though she made sure to get some distance from the other students, whom were making far too much noise for her liking. Picking out a Wiggentree to stake out, she found a patch of ground to sit down upon, as she knew better than to do anything which the tiny creature might perceive as a threat to it or the well-being of its tree. She fished out her drawing kit from her courier bag, along with an old used tobacco tin.

Selina opened the tin, revealing the woodlice, which she'd gathered earlier, contained therein, and set it out where a bowtruckle could get a snack unmolested, though she would be able to see it, so she could draw it. Sitting comfortably a bit of a distance back, Selina merely waited to see what would happen.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:43 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Gia Donati
Matilda Collins
Pamela Gautreaux
Sybil Vance
Tristan Hastings
Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop
Asteria Frey
Levi Gamble

Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." she concluded not waiting to see if there even were any. She hoped these students weren't that stupid. "Since it's the first lesson, I'll first have you introduce yourselves then I'll give a short lecture on one of the creatures you'll be seeing next week. I would like your name, your house, and one interesting fact about yourself or a hobby you enjoy. For example, my name is Tesni Yates, I'm a former Gryffindor, for my fact I have four brothers, two older and two younger all in different houses and as for my hobby, I enjoy walking through the forest and rock climbing. Now one of you." Tesni stated waiting for the brave soul.

SummerIsles

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe

Essy ze Ninja

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: More than slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:51 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 edge of the forest x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 third years x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil walked silently to the edge of the forest, pleased that the professor stood where she had, or Sybil wouldn't looked very strange standing there herself. She was quiet as the professor began her lecture - Sybil wasn't quiet sure whether or not she was going to like this woman, at the moment her opinion of her wasn't the best. But, that didn't mean later she'd feel the same way, only time would tell. Sybil stared at the professor for a moment before starting her introduction. It was like first year all over again. "I'm Sybil Vance of Ravenclaw House. I have an older sister who just graduated this past year, and I'd have to say that I love gardening." Sybil said, monotonously. She stared blankly at the professor before averting her eyes quickly, making like something behind the woman captured Sybil's attention.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:30 pm
This a long time coming like a comet pass;
Got 'em all fired up from the rocket blast!
And if I fall on my sword turn my bones to ash...
Let it clog up the sand in that hourglass.
We're in the title fight, blow for a blow!
And you can reap the benefits of what I have to sow.
'Cause I'm about that worth of which you don't appear to know-
So you can take the scene while I take over the show.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

third yeargryffindormuggleborn

Aster had been looking forward to this class; after all, she liked animals, and had always wanted more than just a cat. Cor could be kinda boring sometimes, though she was very affectionate and loved to sit around Aster's shoulders. She sat in the front; the professor was very young looking, with lovely eyes. She felt a faint blush rising in her cheeks, and looked away. "I'm Aster Frey, Gryffindor, I hate my full name so I'd rather not go by it, and I love sports."

OOC:
Username

It's a long way down when your head is in the clouds...
And all around the sirens play; don't get in my way!
Don't tell me I should bow, 'cause I'm no clown;
And this is not a game, don't get in my way!
Poisoned by the snakes in the grass...
Hoaxed by the rats out the maze...
Shoulda never poked the lion as she passed;
'Cause now it's two hawks in a cage.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:28 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Gia Donati
Matilda Collins
Pamela Gautreaux
Sybil Vance
Tristan Hastings
Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop
Asteria Frey
Levi Gamble

Tesni nodded at each student as they made their introductions and made sure to memorize names with faces for the ongoing school year. She hated it when her professors had been so bored or just lazy that they couldn't bother to remember their student's names. When everyone was done she looked at them all expectantly since she had just told them they would be taking notes but she decided to be nice and flicked her wand towards her students and their books fluttered open to the chapter on bowtruckles.

"Lovely to make your acquaintances but on to the main reason you're all here: to learn. Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.

SummerIsles

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe

Essy ze Ninja

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: More than slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:22 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Gideon Reid
Rhys Hamilton-Blake
Emma Bailey
Siobhan Hannah Grey
Anna-Marie Curts
Liam Cade
Michelyn Whitethorne
Clementine Fenwick
Savannah Hastings

Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." she concluded not waiting to see if there even were any. She hoped these students weren't that stupid. "Since it's the first lesson, I'll first have you introduce yourselves then I'll give a short lecture on one of the creatures you'll be seeing next week. I would like to keep it short and brief so we can go about our day if you will, just your name and your house." Tesni stated waiting for the brave soul. She had detested introductions back when she was in school and she was sure she'd hate them more if she had to actually force them from students and listen to them herself.

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

mc2

Essy ze Ninja

Graydon Ironshield

EmrysStorm

murruelecreuset

Porcelaine Ivory

Wearing▱Where: Forbidden Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get rollin'▱OOC: If you are quoted then your student is signed up for this class
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items