Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures I Open~ Intro/Bowtruckle Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <3rd Year>
Time: 2042-2043
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

For Quinn, he found the class seemed odd going into another class that week knowing his sister would not be among his classmates. He was so used to seeing his twin everywhere (except the Ravenclaw tower) he was that to know he had a handful of classes he wouldn't be seeing Mary was an odd sensation. He wondered if Mary felt that way when she took Advanced Flying. Either way, Quinn wasn't going to not take classes that interested him just because his sister didn't want to take the class. Walking from the castle, Quinn spotted a Professor (or he hoped it was the professor) walking out towards the group gathering. She was a pretty enough brunette woman who seemed very competent at her job. And strict judging by her introduction. However, they were dealing with living things and it was only right to show living creatures respect. Quinn selected one of the introduction slips and began to take notes on the lecture ahead. Once class was over, Quinn filled out the slip before heading back to the castle:

Name: Quinn Conri-Dechering
                                    House: Ravenclaw
                                    Pets/Familiar(s): Finn the Barn Owl
                                    Why are you interested in taking this class?: My Aunt Sophie likes to go hiking regularly and talks often of the fascinating creatures she encounters on her walks and I was interested in finding out more.

Quinn handed the slip to Professor Yates. Technically why he was interested in taking the class was a half truth. He was also interested in vampires and werewolves-especially werewolves considering his Aunt Sophie was one and his late grandfather was. The regular walks were more runs Sophie made when she was in her wolf form but Quinn didn't feel like advertising his aunt, a former Hogwarts professor, was a werewolf was wise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                    Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                    A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                    Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                    {OoC: }
                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:55 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Classmates and Professor Yates
Mood
Cheerful

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Momo was so fascinated by the forest it was always so nice to look at the scenery around her. So nice in fact that she almost got lost on her way to her class. When she arrived she greeted Professor Yates with a bright smile.

Hearing the Professor mention the paper she would need to fill out she sheepishly made her way to go grab a sheet so that she could fill it out before she left. Momo made a point to listen intently to the lesson actually finding it pretty interesting. She mildly wondered if Bowtruckles were cute. When the Professor was done she quickly returned her new filled out sheet to the stump she had retrieved it from.

宿
                                                          姿

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC
                                                          Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Name: Giselle Scarlet
                                                          House: Slythrin
                                                          Pets/Familiar(s): N/A
                                                          Why are you interested in taking this class?: I love animals, and the magical ones seem so interesting to learn about.

Fuzzymelonlord

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 am
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Phillip Quimby-Winthrop
Jackson Hawthorne
Dagrun Eide
Donner Eide
Iona Duffy
Quentin Devereux
Aurora Devereux
Quinn Conri-Dechering
Giselle Scarlet
Dean Prescott
Isabella Hawthorne

»Tesni made sure to get out to the Forbidden Forest extra early so that she not only had enough bowtruckles for the students to see and interact with, but also enough wood lice to keep their interest. She also had fairy eggs but they were ones she had found a while ago and had been kept fresh with preserving charms so she hoped to only use them in case of emergency. Fresh fairy eggs were getting harder to find this time of year. Once everything was set up the way she liked it she looked at the time and noticed that she only had a few more minutes of peace before the students descended upon her. She decided against going back into the forest for a quick smoke so she settled on climbing into a nearby tree and relaxing for a bit. Sooner rather than later she saw the telltale signs of students arriving and let out a huff before swinging down from her branch and dropping down in front of them. "Afternoon kiddies. Today we will be doing the bowtruckle interaction so I hope you've brushed up on what you've learned. And before you forget, any who haven't already turned in the essay please do so on that stump." Tesni told them pointing to a nearby stump. "In or around each nearby tree is one bowtruckle. Your task for today is to locate it, sketch it, and interact with it. There are sketching tools for those who don't have any also by the stump and I will be walking around making sure no harm comes to the bowtruckle or to you. Which I doubt since I'm sure you've read the chapter and done the homework." she told her students smiling her tooth grin before it melted back into her neutral facade. "You have 'til the end of class. Begin."«

You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Julian Galakslyph

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Fuzzymelonlord

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Phillip Quimby-Winthrop
Jackson Hawthorne
Dagrun Eide
Donner Eide
Iona Duffy
Quentin Devereux
Aurora Devereux
Quinn Conri-Dechering
Giselle Scarlet
Dean Prescott
Isabella Hawthorne

»Tesni was sitting on her stump smoking and enjoying the crisp air when her students started arriving. This wasn't her favorite lesson by a long shot, but it was technically an important one so she just had to suck it up and teach. At least they weren't as big of airheads as she originally thought so it would hopefully go rather smooth for her. When everyone had arrived she snuffed her f** out on the bottom of her boot and stood to start her lecture. "Hello kiddies, I hope you all enjoyed your bowtruckle interaction because today we'll be doing a plain lecture. Turn in your books and if you're attentive we might get out early. A Pixie is a small, bright blue mischief-maker, and loves tricks and practical jokes. The average height of one is eight inches though the females tend to be either that size or slightly smaller. They are able to fly, and enjoys lifting people up by their ears and depositing them on the tops of trees and buildings, showing incredible strength for creatures of their size. Pixies can only communicate with other pixies because of their high pitched shrill voices. They primarily live in Cornwall, England though are known to migrate occasionally to follow not only a food supply but a supply of animals or people to annoy. They are classed as a Beast and have a Ministry classification of XXX. This means that despite their size and any fairy tales you might've heard about them, they are dangerous and next time we meet you will exercise caution or be in a world of trouble. Though not just with me. In their honor, I want an eight inch report on pixies either put in my dropbox or here with you for our interaction. If there are no questions you are free to leave." Though she had just snuffed it Tesni felt the itch for another clove cigarette and resisted the urge to fidget in front of her students.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Julian Galakslyph

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Fuzzymelonlord

mc2

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:44 am

Phillip Quimby-Winthrop
Jackson Hawthorne
Dagrun Eide
Donner Eide
Iona Duffy
Quentin Devereux
Aurora Devereux
Quinn Conri-Dechering
Giselle Scarlet
Dean Prescott
Isabella Hawthorne

»Chasing after pixies had not been what Tesni would call a good time but it had been necessary for the day's lecture. Luckily she found a sizable nest and managed to persuade them to move closer to the edge of the forest for her student's interactions. Afterwards she'd move it back because Merlin only knows what could happen if pixies were given free reign alongside hormone driven teenagers. Though just to be cautious she would erect a small ward so that if the pixies did lose control they wouldn't get far and hopefully just go back to the forest. The professor waited by her familiar tree stump until all her students were accounted for before erecting the ward to curious onlookers. "No worries, kiddies, this is just a fail safe ward in case our little friends become too excited." she told them calmly placing her wand back in its holster. "Now as you hopefully may know, we'll be doing the pixie interactions today which you have aptly studied for through copious notes and your essays I'm sure." Tesni remakred with a sly grin. "We are in luck that there happens to be a small nest of pixies already inhabiting the forest and I've managed to coerce a few to the edge so we won't have to trek in. Remember, pixies are classified as XXX for a reason; they may not be deadly but they can be harmful so I ask that you proceed with caution as always. From the looks of it they've already eaten they should be nice and hyper for you lot. Try not to let them settle near your ears for too long, it's a favorite prank of theirs to yank a person by them and hang them from the highest tree. If you feel a pixie is getting a little too friendly feel free to use the freezing charm, Immobulus, to immobilize them and place them gently in a tree. Bonus points will be given to anyone who manages to get a full body sketch of one due at the end of class. If there aren't any questions, hop to it." Tesni knocked on one of trees which leaves began to shake and uncover giggling blue forms.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Julian Galakslyph

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Fuzzymelonlord

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Shui Quan
Laire Thorburn
Ilene Warlow
Abigail Cody
Chelsea Durant
Samuli Farquarson
Ha-Yun Lee
Heath Fallrein

»Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more unsufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness

Julian Galakslyph

Quote:

Quote:

Fuzzymelonlord

Quote:

The Stump

[b]Name:[/b] (Character's name)
[b]House:[/b] (Character's house)
[b]Pets/Familiar(s):[/b] (Any pet or familiar your character has)
[b]Why are you interested in taking this class?:[/b] (Well why are they?)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:39 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Classmates and Professor
Mood
Hopefully

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

I wanna be selfish
                                                          I still have a lot of wishes
                                                          I don’t wanna adjust to the standards of the world
                                                          I’m better off doing it my way

Ha-Yun didn't care about her goal to not get prefect, there was no way she was going to willingly skip out on a class where she got to see cute creatures. She even for once listened intently as the Professor spoke about the Bowtruckles As the lesson ended she couldn't help but pout a bit, she had wanted to see one in person. With a small hopeful thought in her head she walked towards her Professor instead of returning to the castle like the rest of her classmates. "Professor Yates? Are we going to get to see a Bowtruckle? Or is that next lesson? Or do we not get to see one at all? I really would enjoy getting to examine one, you know? They sound so cute!" She hoped that the answer would be to her liking. She didn't want to return to the castle disappointed. Though, if she wasn't allowed to see one she was debating on going and searching the forest during one of the periods she was deciding to skip, probably Potions. Ha-Yun never really enjoyed that class, too much work.

Sometimes being selfish isn’t too bad.
                                                          Don’t misunderstand, I don’t have bad intentions
                                                          Let me be a little more honest
                                                          I love myself

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC

Name: Ha-Yun Lee
                                                          House: Slytherin
                                                          Pets/Familiar(s): Owl named Fish.
                                                          Why are you interested in taking this class?: LOVES animals. Enjoys being around them and learning about them. She also thinks even creepy animals are super cute.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 pm

»Tesni raised an eyebrow at the young girl in front of her and wondered if it would be mean to just not answer. The correct answer was yes but that didn't mean she didn't particularly feel like doing it. Of course, she could hear both Cal and her lovely Fanchon tsking to themselves about her behavior which had her (barely) withholding an audible sigh. "If you had been paying any attention to the start of class, you would know that due to time constraints and the fact that I have a life outside of students that lessons are split into two sections. One, like today, will be all lecture while next, like next week, will be actual interaction. I hope for your sake you keep your enthusiasm for this class as well as for your homework." she quipped with an ever so slightly smirk.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Fuzzymelonlord

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Shui Quan
Laire Thorburn
Ilene Warlow
Abigail Cody
Chelsea Durant
Samuli Farquarson
Ha-Yun Lee
Heath Fallrein

»Tesni made sure to get out to the Forbidden Forest extra early so that she not only had enough bowtruckles for the students to see and interact with, but also enough wood lice to keep their interest. She also had fairy eggs but they were ones she had found a while ago and had been kept fresh with preserving charms so she hoped to only use them in case of emergency. Fresh fairy eggs were getting harder to find this time of year. Once everything was set up the way she liked it she looked at the time and noticed that she only had a few more minutes of peace before the students descended upon her. She decided against going back into the forest for a quick smoke so she settled on climbing into a nearby tree and relaxing for a bit. Sooner rather than later she saw the telltale signs of students arriving and let out a huff before swinging down from her branch and dropping down in front of them. "Afternoon kiddies. Today we will be doing the bowtruckle interaction so I hope you've brushed up on what you've learned. And before you forget, any who haven't already turned in the essay please do so on that stump." Tesni told them pointing to a nearby stump. "In or around each nearby tree is one bowtruckle. Your task for today is to locate it, sketch it, and interact with it. There are sketching tools for those who don't have any also by the stump and I will be walking around making sure no harm comes to the bowtruckle or to you. Which I doubt since I'm sure you've read the chapter and done the homework." she told her students smiling her tooth grin before it melted back into her neutral facade. "You have 'til the end of class. Begin."«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness

Julian Galakslyph

Quote:

Quote:

Fuzzymelonlord

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Ignatius Hepburn
Jonah Lane
Vespera Salazar
Chanda Giese-Dunbar
Rhydian McHalen
Gwyneth McHalen
Gideon Edgeworth
Stella Connelly
Charlotte Richardson-Connelly
Aeryn Quinlan
Sonora Li

»Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more unsufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

Fuzzymelonlord

Miss GryffindorK

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

The Stump

[b]Name:[/b] (Character's name)
[b]House:[/b] (Character's house)
[b]Pets/Familiar(s):[/b] (Any pet or familiar your character has)
[b]Why are you interested in taking this class?:[/b] (Well why are they?)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:36 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Sonora headed to Care of Magical Creatures with her friends, hoping to catch Iggy and Jonah geeking out about dragons. She had been almost tempted to bring Skyfire along--surely a class about magical creatures wouldn't mind pets--but August had borrowed him to send a letter. Oh well, it was probably for the best. She didn't want her little hawk to be eating anything they were learning about--or even worse, getting eaten.

She listened attentively, taking notes as fast as she could when Professor Yates started class and then launched directly into a lecture on bowtruckles. She made a few particular notes to look up what wand woods bowtruckles were associated with--by the sound of Monday's class, it wouldn't be immediately useful for wandlore but surely it would be important information later.

"At least if we p***k ourselves next week we'll have healing right after, right?" she murmured to Jonah and Vespera, filling out her attendance slip before looking over her notes with a satisfied nod. "We could probably get a good start on the homework before Healing even starts? Professor Yates even gave us a bunch of those answers already."

Name: Sonora Li
Pets/Familiar(s): American kestrel. I also have a parrot and parakeet at home.
Why are you interested in taking this class?: I want to know more about the kinds of magical creatures that we might encounter in the wild or just on adventures (I'd like to be a cursebreaker so those particularly, but anything really). I love birds particularly!

Trickblues”] [/quote]
[quote="Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:45 pm

GWYNETH.& RHYDIAN.MCHALEN
Third Years
Ravenclaw and Gryffindor

══════════════════ ══════════════════

Gwyneth and Rhydian crossed the fields together on a trek to their next class, Care of Magical Creatures. They were both excited though for different reasons. Gwyneth was hungry for knowledge. And Rhydian was hungry for adventure. ”We're not going to be seeing any dragons in this class, Rhydian, I swear.”

”Pfft, you don't know that for sure. Besides, I'm sure if I ask the professor enough times they'll eventually cave and give me what I want.” Rhydian always got what he wanted at home, why should school be any different? Gwyneth, tired of trying to explain it to him, shook her head and sighed. ”Just you wait, Gwyn, just you wait.”

The twins arrived to the class early. Gwyneth plucked two sheets of paper from the pile and handed one over to her brother. He handed it back completed and she moved to turn them in. Class started shortly after and the pair had their noses tucked into their books as they scribbled down their notes for the lesson. Hers was neat and simple, his was disorganized and had stick figure drawings decorating the sides.

Name: Gwyneth McHalen
                                              Pets/Familiar(s): none
                                              Why are you interested in taking this class?: I like to learn as much as I can
                                              Name: Rhydian McHalen
                                              House: Gryffindor
                                              Pets/Familiar(s): none
                                              Why are you interested in taking this class?: I like dragons and stuff

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Wed, 1:00-1:45PM, Fall 2044
【WHERE:: CoMC Class
【WITH WHO:: Third Years
╚═════════════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera was excited for Care of Magical creatures, she had heard mentions of bowtruckles, and that was thrilling. She was sad though, when the professor said they wouldn't be studying the creatures themselves today. She filled out her attendance slip and smiled at Sona, "You're right on that Sona. And if we get more seriously injured, we'll be early for healing class." Vespera pulled out some parchment and nodded,"I've got this. My only question is, do you think you can befriend a bowtruckle? And then you know, have THEM go around and poke people? You know, they're like a stick... so it would inadvertently be like you were poking people with a stick, because your friend was doing it for you? Vespera had goals in life, and having a creature that could do her poking for her was probably the cutest and best thing a creature could ever do. Forget the furry cats, the convenience of an owl, bowtruckles were the way to go.

Name: Vespera Salazar
House: Slytherin
Pets/Familiar(s): None
Why are you interested in taking this class?: Just for the bowtruckles... pluscreatures are kind of cool?

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Creatures
With Whom: Clasmates
Thinking about: pokes of creatures
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: work robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:50 pm
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Fall 2044 » Magical Creatures Class » With: Friends and Classmates
» Wearing: School Robes » Status: 'I wonder if Professor Yates would let me help take care of some of the creatures sometime...'

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Today was the best day of Jonah’s life!!!

…Or so he’d thought. He’d been practically bouncing off the walls in anticipation the entire day thus far, and then of course Sona got him started on dragons and he’d gone on yet another rant to Iggy. Dragons! Could there be dragons? He hoped there were dragons. Or even better, a hippogriff! He loved those things. But then they’d gotten to the forest, and Professor Yates, was… Well, she wasn’t as intimidating as Cohen, for sure, but she was certainly not someone to mess with. Not that he ever would, of course. Judging from the first class? He’d have to say he liked her. The only disappointment he’d had was learning that they wouldn’t be meeting with the Bowtruckles until next time.

He stuck with his girls as they trekked back to the castle, but he was pretty well spaced out as he let the day’s lecture sink in.

Next Wednesday. That would be the best day of his life.

Name: Jonah C. Lane
Pets/Familiar(s): My tawny owl, Circe. My mum keeps a falcon that I care for sometimes, too.
Why are you interested in taking this class?: I’ve been researching magical creatures for as long as I can remember. I want to be a magizoologist someday, with a focus on either Hippogriffs or Dragons.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Quote:

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

Trickblues

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am

Ignatius Hepburn
Jonah Lane
Vespera Salazar
Chanda Giese-Dunbar
Rhydian McHalen
Gwyneth McHalen
Gideon Edgeworth
Stella Connelly
Charlotte Richardson-Connelly
Aeryn Quinlan
Sonora Li

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

Fuzzymelonlord

Miss GryffindorK

addaellis