Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures I Open~ Intro/Bowtruckle Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:37 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera carefully walked down to the Creatures class, trying not to fall on the way there. She laid her homework on the stump, then headed toward a tree to a bowtruckle. She looked carefully, they were hard to spot, but she eventually found one and sat down at it's tree, and pulled out a notebook,"Hey little guy, little girl? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are. my name is Vespera, it's nice to meet you. I'm going to try to draw you now, I'm not that great of an artist, I'm sorry." She drew two straight lines, and her bowtruckle began to pose, as if it had muscles. She giggled,"You want ot show off then? that's okay, I'll try to draw you like that." She sketched his twigy arms bent like muscles and some leaves on his head, she gave two dots for eyes and turned it around,"How's this?" it started poking at her and she frowned, "that kind of hurts. I told you I wasn't a great artist. I wish I had Jonah's camera, then he could take a picture of you and your mighty self." she grinned and held out her hand, "would you mind if I held you for a moment? I've never seen a bowtruckle as majestic as you." The bowtruckle glared at her then came closer to her, touched her hand with it's hand, then ran back up the tree. Oh well, close enough.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Class
With Whom: Third Years
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:30 pm
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Xavier Talbot
Rodrick Ross

»Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more unsufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

Quote:

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore

The Stump

[b]Name:[/b] (Character's name)
[b]House:[/b] (Character's house)
[b]Pets/Familiar(s):[/b] (Any pet or familiar your character has)
[b]Why are you interested in taking this class?:[/b] (Well why are they?)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:07 pm

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

»Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more unsufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Stump

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:55 pm
User Image
User Image

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

»Tesni wondered how or in what alternate timeline she'd been the penultimate successor as head of house. She'd just figured out how her office hours worked just a handful of years ago! And now she was in charge of even more kids, a whole community of them at that! From the ittie bittie firsties to the boot in the arse seventh years. Merlin and Morgana above she had her work cut out for her and her entire family laughing in her pain. (Yknow, after congratulations and hefty drinks all around).

Still though, it was a new year and while some things changed, others hadn't. Tesni still got to the Forest an hour before her class began to scope out where she planned to teach and possibly hang out in a few trees. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and inwardly wondered if the little wankers were getting smaller just to spite her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave slight stretch and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good."

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat.

Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?"
                                                    Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Quote:

The Stump

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash