Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures II Open-Nogtail Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not
User Image
User Image

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Reyna Whyte
Colton Overton
Saio Ukida
Aiobheal McHalen
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Melody Blythe
Ivar Eriksson
Darian Yaxley

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, I'm sure you all remember who I am and I'm hoping you know what class you're attending. I won't rehash the rules because I trust that you remember them and remember that I don't make idle threats." she gave them all a short toothy grin before continuing on. "Since you've grasped the concept of this class, clearly since you're all still here, I want you to each say something about a magical creature you've learned about. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with slight stretch getting ready for all the regurgitation. «

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

kiska166

Diamond Wales

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Care of Magical Creatures Class - Friday @ 9:00am

Saio was pretty sure that Friday mornings were going to kill her, if not now probably by the end of the year. Luckily her best friend Kenzie had the same schedule which meant that they could suffer together. Getting out of healing, the Hufflepuff headed down to the clearing where they met for creature class. Stopping at the clearing, the brunette got her book out.

“Good morning Professor Yates.” Saio greeted her. The girl was relieved they wouldn’t be rehashing the rules. After all they’d all attended the class year and if they hadn’t then they’d learn them in catch up. Besides if all professors’ rules were the same aside from a few differences. Being asked to give something they recalled about the magical creatures from last year, Saio only really remembered the Bowtruckles. They were so cute. Well course she recalled the pixies they were horrible but still… “Um… Bowtruckles, they’re little twig creatures that guard trees. Usually trees of wand quality… but you can distract them with a few woodlice.” She spoke with a smile. That’s what she remembered most about them.

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 am
User Image
User Image

Reyna Whyte
Colton Overton
Saio Ukida
Aiobheal McHalen
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Melody Blythe
Ivar Eriksson
Darian Yaxley

»Tesni wasn't suitably impressed with their answers but was admittedly content that they at least payed some sort of attention. "Good enough I suppose, Gryffindor take five points." She just sighed and cracked her knuckles a bit before waving her wand and allowing their textbooks to flutter open and find the chapter she would be lecturing over. "Today we will be learning about Nogtails, a creature who's status is often debated over. Some professionals say that it is indeed a demon while other's merely say it is a demon-like creature. But the conclusions are always the same: Nogtails are not to be understated. They are mainly found in rural areas across Europe, America, and Russia. They are piglet-like creatures with long legs, a thick, stubby tail, and narrow black eyes. They look like a rather stunted piglet. Nogtails sneak into a pigsty, and suckle on an ordinary pig which curses the farm. The longer the Nogtail goes undetected, the longer the blight will stay on the farm. Nogtails are very fast and hard to catch, the only way to make sure the Nogtail will not come back is to chase it away with a pure white dog. The Pest Sub-Division of the Ministry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures maintains a pack of a dozen albino bloodhounds specifically for this purpose. Nogtails are also hunted for sport although that's a subject that strays more into subjective rather than objective so we won't discuss that here. You are free to do so on your own time however. For you homework, I want nine inches on Nogtails, detailing what they do to a farm, where they are found, their earliest origins, etc. etc. If you would like, for extra credit you may also offer your own thoughts on their sport hunting. Please drop it off in the box in my office or hand it to me personally next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni said with a soft sigh. Just one more class today and then you're home free Yates.«

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

kiska166

Diamond Wales

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:22 am
User Image
User Image

Reyna Whyte
Colton Overton
Saio Ukida
Aiobheal McHalen
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Melody Blythe
Ivar Eriksson
Darian Yaxley

»Tesni thought this lesson would be one of her least favorites, and she was completely right. Nogtails weren't the most visually appealing creatures to work with, and also they were a b***h to wrangle. Thankfully, having a brother that works for the ministry did have its perks, she was able to get a twenty-four hour lease of one of their albino bloodhounds. They were funny looking things bloodhounds on a regular day, but pure white one was a real sight. Still, he was rather adorable. And friendly. She had just secured the padlock for the ninth time, nasty little bugger, when she turned to see her students coming out to her for their lesson. Finally! Then she could ship these things right back to where they came from. "Afternoon kiddies I hope you're all doing well. If you haven't already, please turn in your homework and extra credit work on that stump over there. If you remember correctly, we went over nogtails in our last lecture, so today we will be interacting with some. You will not have to actually go into the pen which honestly makes mine and Kingsley's job here a bit easier. For right now, just watch." Tesni directed the dog to stay, not needing a loose nogtail lost in the forest, before she climbed over the wall of the pen and in short rapid movements went about to wrangling one of the smaller nogtails. Once it was firmly in her grasp, she quickly unlocked the padlock, went out, and quickly did it back on before letting out a sigh of relief at no escapes. "This squirming thing right here is a nogtail. Note that it closely resembles an actual piglet but if you look closer you'll see the physical differences. First and foremost it's darker thicker hide and muscular hind legs. Since this one is still young, its legs haven't grown to much size, however if it was allowed to suckle from a normal sow on a farm, they would grow and it would be able to walk on them without the use of its front two legs. Another noticeable characteristic are its completely black eyes. Some researchers say that this is the trait denoting its demon status while others disagree. Now, another-ohbloodyhell! Petrificus totalus!" Tesni had been steadily ignoring it's frantic squirming since she knew she had a good enough grip, however when it tried spinning in her arms she knew she had to do something and quickly stopped its movements. "First and foremost, that is a very difficult thing to do on a fully grown, fully mobile nogtail because they are inhumanly quick. Never attempt to go after one on your own." she told her students seriously making sure to look them each in the eye before giving a nod and continuing. "The last notable thing about nogtails are their stubby tails which are the most prized thing on a nogtail. They are a rare potion ingredient because of how hard they are to acquire, and most traps for nogtails are made pure for their tails which are chopped clean off. This may sound painful for the creature but it isn't, they have no feeling in their tail so when it's chopped off their cries are more from surprise than actual pain. Since I've got this one immobilized, you are free to examine it and the others in the pen. But like I said before, do not enter the pen just observe what you can. If for some horrendously stupid chance that you did enter without my permission and one of the nogtails got out, not only will you be up to your eyelids in detention you will also be helping me and Kingsley capture it. Do I make myself clear? Good. You may begin." Tesni told them quickly transfiguring a stick into a small table and laying the still nogtail upon it for them to observe.«

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

kiska166

Diamond Wales

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 pm
User Image
User Image

Minako Tanaka
Kimberly Leon
Alana Rivero
Candace Mackenzie
Alexander Avery
Garnet Mortemer
Mercy Sanderson
Ruaridh Murdoch
Skylar Macclellan
Phoebe Davenport

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, I'm sure you all remember who I am and I'm hoping you know what class you're attending. I won't rehash the rules because I trust that you remember them and remember that I don't make idle threats." she gave them all a short toothy grin before continuing on. "Since you've grasped the concept of this class, clearly since you're all still here, I want you to each say something about a magical creature you've learned about. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with slight stretch getting ready for all the regurgitation. «

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

murruelecreuset

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I'm not sure what they said, but if it's true I'll bet-
                                            It's just one more thing I'll regret
                                            I hate my weaknesses, they made me who I am
                                            These things inside my head, they never make much sense
                                            So I wouldn't hold my breath...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔱 𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔡𝔰𝔭𝔞𝔯 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Fourth Year SlytherinPurebloodGardenerxxxx

「 Autumn 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Garnet arrived, under the impression that he probably was a bit too early. But that's fine, he thought, since his classmates eventually came in, anyway. Crossing his arms, he silently listened to Professor Yates with a nautral expression on his face. But when the time of question came in, he paused as he was trying to use his stock knowledge. Garnet didn't review in the summer, though usually he has good memory so this just wasn't his day. On the other hand, one creature came into mind due to being a gardener. "Um, there's Bowtruckles who take care of a tree that wandmakers would seek out for." He said, sounding uncertain.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [Fourth Years, Professor Yates] at [the Forest Outskirts] »
                                            « [single] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx« Out.Of.Character »xxxxx
                                            ooc

"Yeah, it's cool, I'll be okay"
                                            As I felt your pain wash over me.
                                            So I dry your eyes and hide my shakes.
                                            'Cause I hate the look that's on your face.
                                            Don't hang up, because I don't have anyone left here.
                                            Don't give up, don't hang on to anything I've said!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:50 pm
User Image
                                                      Yeah, you may think that I'm a zero, but, hey, everyone you wanna be probably started off like me.
                                                      You may say that I'm a freakshow, but, hey, give it just a little time. I bet you're gonna change your mind.

𝓢𝓴𝔂𝓵𝓪𝓻 𝓐𝓷𝓷𝒆 ℳ𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓵𝒆𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷
                                                      Fourth Year / Hufflepuff / Pureblood

All of the dirt you've been throwin' my way, it ain't so hard to take, that's right.
                                                      'Cause I know one day you'll be screamin' my name, and I'll just look away, that's right.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Skylar hurried down to the Forbidden Forest with her classmates, feeling as if she would never stop running today. It was Friday, one of her busiest days of the week with four classes all in a row at the beginning of the day, and one last class in the afternoon, totaling out to five classes in one day. At least it was almost the weekend, and she really enjoyed the class she was rushing to, Care of Magical Creatures. Skylar loved animals, especially birds, and would be interested in becoming a magizoologist in the future if her life hadn't already been planned out, the path of a musician being clearly laid before her at a young age. Still, she loved the subject. Falling in line with the other students, Sky listened as their professor spoke to them, asking for them to recall information from last term. Garnet, a Slytherin boy, mentioned Bowtruckles, the twig-looking creature that guarded trees. "Um, wood lice and, um, fairy eggs... Bowtruckles like those." A simple addition to the boy's statement, but hopefully it was enough to count as her participation for the day.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth so everyone can hear.
                                                      Hit me with the worst you got and knock me down, baby, I don't care.
                                                      Keep it up and soon enough you'll figure out you wanna be a loser like me.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 pm
User Image
User Image

Minako Tanaka
Kimberly Leon
Alana Rivero
Candace Mackenzie
Alexander Avery
Garnet Mortemer
Mercy Sanderson
Ruaridh Murdoch
Skylar Macclellan
Phoebe Davenport

»Tesni wasn't suitably impressed with their answers but was admittedly content that they at least payed some sort of attention. So she just sighed and cracked her knuckles a bit before waving her wand and allowing their textbooks to flutter open and find the chapter she would be lecturing over. "Five points to Slytherin and Hufflepuff I guess. Today we will be learning about Nogtails, a creature who's status is often debated over. Some professionals say that it is indeed a demon while other's merely say it is a demon-like creature. But the conclusions are always the same: Nogtails are not to be understated. They are mainly found in rural areas across Europe, America, and Russia. They are piglet-like creatures with long legs, a thick, stubby tail, and narrow black eyes. They look like a rather stunted piglet. Nogtails sneak into a pigsty, and suckle on an ordinary pig which curses the farm. The longer the Nogtail goes undetected, the longer the blight will stay on the farm. Nogtails are very fast and hard to catch, the only way to make sure the Nogtail will not come back is to chase it away with a pure white dog. The Pest Sub-Division of the Ministry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures maintains a pack of a dozen albino bloodhounds specifically for this purpose. Nogtails are also hunted for sport although that's a subject that strays more into subjective rather than objective so we won't discuss that here. You are free to do so on your own time however. For you homework, I want nine inches on Nogtails, detailing what they do to a farm, where they are found, their earliest origins, etc. etc. If you would like, for extra credit you may also offer your own thoughts on their sport hunting. Please drop it off in the box in my office or hand it to me personally next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni said with a soft sigh. Just one more class today and then you're home free Yates.«

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

murruelecreuset

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:11 am

Chrysanthemum Meadows
Hikaru Nakano
Driskol Abrams
Lydia Spencer
Brianna Overton
Clarice Steele
Ji-Yeong Cho
Marcello Fioravanti

{ooc: you can post your students reviewing for points by Wendesday when the lecture is posted}
You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Diamoned Wales

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Chrysanthemum Meadows
Hikaru Nakano
Driskol Abrams
Lydia Spencer
Brianna Overton
Clarice Steele
Ji-Yeong Cho
Marcello Fioravanti

»Tesni wasn't suitably impressed with their answers but was admittedly content that they at least payed some sort of attention. She just sighed and cracked her knuckles a bit before waving her wand and allowing their textbooks to flutter open and find the chapter she would be lecturing over. "Today we will be learning about Nogtails, a creature who's status is often debated over. Some professionals say that it is indeed a demon while other's merely say it is a demon-like creature. But the conclusions are always the same: Nogtails are not to be understated. They are mainly found in rural areas across Europe, America, and Russia. They are piglet-like creatures with long legs, a thick, stubby tail, and narrow black eyes. They look like a rather stunted piglet. Nogtails sneak into a pigsty, and suckle on an ordinary pig which curses the farm. The longer the Nogtail goes undetected, the longer the blight will stay on the farm. Nogtails are very fast and hard to catch, the only way to make sure the Nogtail will not come back is to chase it away with a pure white dog. The Pest Sub-Division of the Ministry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures maintains a pack of a dozen albino bloodhounds specifically for this purpose. Nogtails are also hunted for sport although that's a subject that strays more into subjective rather than objective so we won't discuss that here. You are free to do so on your own time however. For you homework, I want nine inches on Nogtails, detailing what they do to a farm, where they are found, their earliest origins, etc. etc. If you would like, for extra credit you may also offer your own thoughts on their sport hunting. Please drop it off in the box in my office or hand it to me personally next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni said with a soft sigh. Just one more class today and then you're home free Yates.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Diamoned Wales

The Shiny Furret

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Chrysanthemum Meadows
Hikaru Nakano
Driskol Abrams
Lydia Spencer
Brianna Overton
Clarice Steele
Ji-Yeong Cho
Marcello Fioravanti

»Tesni thought this lesson would be one of her least favorites, and she was completely right. Nogtails weren't the most visually appealing creatures to work with, and also they were a b***h to wrangle. Thankfully, having a brother that works for the ministry did have its perks, she was able to get a twenty-four hour lease of one of their albino bloodhounds. They were funny looking things bloodhounds on a regular day, but pure white one was a real sight. Still, he was rather adorable. And friendly. She had just secured the padlock for the ninth time, nasty little bugger, when she turned to see her students coming out to her for their lesson. Finally! Then she could ship these things right back to where they came from. "Afternoon kiddies I hope you're all doing well. If you haven't already, please turn in your homework and extra credit work on that stump over there. If you remember correctly, we went over nogtails in our last lecture, so today we will be interacting with some. You will not have to actually go into the pen which honestly makes mine and Kingsley's job here a bit easier. For right now, just watch." Tesni directed the dog to stay, not needing a loose nogtail lost in the forest, before she climbed over the wall of the pen and in short rapid movements went about to wrangling one of the smaller nogtails. Once it was firmly in her grasp, she quickly unlocked the padlock, went out, and quickly did it back on before letting out a sigh of relief at no escapes. "This squirming thing right here is a nogtail. Note that it closely resembles an actual piglet but if you look closer you'll see the physical differences. First and foremost it's darker thicker hide and muscular hind legs. Since this one is still young, its legs haven't grown to much size, however if it was allowed to suckle from a normal sow on a farm, they would grow and it would be able to walk on them without the use of its front two legs. Another noticeable characteristic are its completely black eyes. Some researchers say that this is the trait denoting its demon status while others disagree. Now, another-ohbloodyhell! Petrificus totalus!" Tesni had been steadily ignoring it's frantic squirming since she knew she had a good enough grip, however when it tried spinning in her arms she knew she had to do something and quickly stopped its movements. "First and foremost, that is a very difficult thing to do on a fully grown, fully mobile nogtail because they are inhumanly quick. Never attempt to go after one on your own." she told her students seriously making sure to look them each in the eye before giving a nod and continuing. "The last notable thing about nogtails are their stubby tails which are the most prized thing on a nogtail. They are a rare potion ingredient because of how hard they are to acquire, and most traps for nogtails are made pure for their tails which are chopped clean off. This may sound painful for the creature but it isn't, they have no feeling in their tail so when it's chopped off their cries are more from surprise than actual pain. Since I've got this one immobilized, you are free to examine it and the others in the pen. But like I said before, do not enter the pen just observe what you can. If for some horrendously stupid chance that you did enter without my permission and one of the nogtails got out, not only will you be up to your eyelids in detention you will also be helping me and Kingsley capture it. Do I make myself clear? Good. You may begin." Tesni told them quickly transfiguring a stick into a small table and laying the still nogtail upon it for them to observe.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Diamoned Wales

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:04 am

Chrysanthemum Meadows
Hikaru Nakano
Driskol Abrams
Lydia Spencer
Brianna Overton
Clarice Steele
Ji-Yeong Cho
Marcello Fioravanti

»Tesni found the turnabout from the previous nogtail content to something as harmless as a puffskein somewhat hilarious. But it was something the Ministry thought was important to teach and who was she to argue with such esteemed masses? She was reading this time, her body leaning against her usual tree as the students came over. The book cover merely stated that it was a book, literally having on the words "The Book" printed on its cover and spine, and she only flipped to a new page every so often. When she peered over the top of its pages and noted most if not all her students were accounted for she closed it with a snap and threw it on top of her gear on the soft ground beneath the tree. "Hello kiddies, I've got a rather simple lecture for you today so don't disappoint me by daydreaming or just not paying attention. Simple or not, the subject will still require study and a report." Tesni informed them with a raised eyebrow before continuing on. "Today we'll be learning about Puffskeins, not to be confused with their bas-their offspring the Pygmy Puff.

A Puffskein is covered in soft fur and spherical in shape. It is a popular pet found worldwide that does not object to being cuddled or thrown about. The Puffskein is a scavenger, eating anything from leftovers to spiders, but it particularly likes to use its long thin pink tongue to eat wizards' bogeys while they sleep. This makes them a popular wizarding pet. The Puffskein is easy to care for, and they emit a low humming sound when they are content. A group of Puffskeins or Pygmy Puffs is referred to as a poffle. Shaved Puffskein hair has magical properties, and is useful as a potion ingredient, such as in Zygmunt Budge's variation of the Laughing Potion.

There are two wizard bred versions or offsprings of the original Puffskein, one being the Fanged Puffskein whose creation is now banned due to the 1965 Ban on Experimental Breeding) and punishable by the Wizengamot. The second is the aforementioned Pygmy Puff which was bread by the Weasley twins and sold at their original joke store and is now indeed a common and apparently still popular staple at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. If there are no questions, I would like at least eight inches on Puffskeins and their mentioned versions as well as information on the other Puffskein variation not mentioned today in lecture. That's all for today, class is dismissed."
                                              Tesni told them with a short wave before summoning her book and returning to her page.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166

Diamoned Wales

The Shiny Furret

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Aine Ellis-Hall
Gertrude Adelwood
Donella Brown
Myron Warlow
Wallis McGregor

{ooc: you can post your students reviewing for points by Wendesday when the lecture is posted}
You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 am

Aine Ellis-Hall
Gertrude Adelwood
Donella Brown
Myron Warlow
Wallis McGregor

»Tesni wasn't suitably impressed with their answers but was admittedly content that they at least payed some sort of attention. She just sighed and cracked her knuckles a bit before waving her wand and allowing their textbooks to flutter open and find the chapter she would be lecturing over. "Today we will be learning about Nogtails, a creature who's status is often debated over. Some professionals say that it is indeed a demon while other's merely say it is a demon-like creature. But the conclusions are always the same: Nogtails are not to be understated. They are mainly found in rural areas across Europe, America, and Russia. They are piglet-like creatures with long legs, a thick, stubby tail, and narrow black eyes. They look like a rather stunted piglet. Nogtails sneak into a pigsty, and suckle on an ordinary pig which curses the farm. The longer the Nogtail goes undetected, the longer the blight will stay on the farm. Nogtails are very fast and hard to catch, the only way to make sure the Nogtail will not come back is to chase it away with a pure white dog. The Pest Sub-Division of the Ministry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures maintains a pack of a dozen albino bloodhounds specifically for this purpose. Nogtails are also hunted for sport although that's a subject that strays more into subjective rather than objective so we won't discuss that here. You are free to do so on your own time however. For you homework, I want nine inches on Nogtails, detailing what they do to a farm, where they are found, their earliest origins, etc. etc. If you would like, for extra credit you may also offer your own thoughts on their sport hunting. Please drop it off in the box in my office or hand it to me personally next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni said with a soft sigh. Just one more class today and then you're home free Yates.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 am

Aine Ellis-Hall
Gertrude Adelwood
Donella Brown
Myron Warlow
Wallis McGregor

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items