Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures II Open-Nogtail Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:34 pm
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Ignatius Hepburn
Jonah Lane
Chanda Giese-Dunbar
Abigail Cody
Rhydian McHalen
Gwyneth McHalen

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, I'm sure you all remember who I am and I'm hoping you know what class you're attending. I won't rehash the rules because I trust that you remember them and remember that I don't make idle threats." she gave them all a short toothy grin before continuing on. "Since you've grasped the concept of this class, clearly since you're all still here, I want you to each say something about a magical creature you've learned about. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with slight stretch getting ready for all the regurgitation. «

{ooc: you can post your students reviewing for points by Wendesday when the lecture is posted}
You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

Kungfudemoness

Trickblues

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, I'm sure you all remember who I am and I'm hoping you know what class you're attending. I won't rehash the rules because I trust that you remember them and remember that I don't make idle threats." she gave them all a short toothy grin before continuing on. "Since you've grasped the concept of this class, clearly since you're all still here, I want you to each say something about a magical creature you've learned about. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with slight stretch getting ready for all the regurgitation.

She wasn't suitably impressed with their answers but was admittedly content that they at least payed some sort of attention. She just sighed and cracked her knuckles a bit before waving her wand and allowing their textbooks to flutter open and find the chapter she would be lecturing over. "Today we will be learning about Nogtails, a creature who's status is often debated over. Some professionals say that it is indeed a demon while other's merely say it is a demon-like creature. But the conclusions are always the same: Nogtails are not to be understated. They are mainly found in rural areas across Europe, America, and Russia. They are piglet-like creatures with long legs, a thick, stubby tail, and narrow black eyes. They look like a rather stunted piglet. Nogtails sneak into a pigsty, and suckle on an ordinary pig which curses the farm. The longer the Nogtail goes undetected, the longer the blight will stay on the farm. Nogtails are very fast and hard to catch, the only way to make sure the Nogtail will not come back is to chase it away with a pure white dog. The Pest Sub-Division of the Ministry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures maintains a pack of a dozen albino bloodhounds specifically for this purpose. Nogtails are also hunted for sport although that's a subject that strays more into subjective rather than objective so we won't discuss that here. You are free to do so on your own time however. For you homework, I want nine inches on Nogtails, detailing what they do to a farm, where they are found, their earliest origins, etc. etc. If you would like, for extra credit you may also offer your own thoughts on their sport hunting. Please drop it off in the box in my office or hand it to me personally next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni said with a soft sigh. Just one more class today and then you're home free Yates.
                                              «

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:00 pm
User Image
User Image

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing. Setting aside her spoils, she waited until she was sure all students that were supposed to be there were there and began.

"Good morning all, I'm sure you all remember who I am and I'm hoping you know what class you're attending. I won't rehash the rules because I trust that you remember them and remember that I don't make idle threats." she gave them all a short toothy grin before continuing on. "Since you've grasped the concept of this class, clearly since you're all still here, I want you to each say something about a magical creature you've learned about. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with slight stretch getting ready for all the regurgitation.

She wasn't suitably impressed with their answers but was admittedly content that they at least payed some sort of attention. She just sighed and cracked her knuckles a bit before waving her wand and allowing their textbooks to flutter open and find the chapter she would be lecturing over. "Today we will be learning about Nogtails, a creature who's status is often debated over. Some professionals say that it is indeed a demon while other's merely say it is a demon-like creature. But the conclusions are always the same: Nogtails are not to be understated. They are mainly found in rural areas across Europe, America, and Russia. They are piglet-like creatures with long legs, a thick, stubby tail, and narrow black eyes. They look like a rather stunted piglet. Nogtails sneak into a pigsty, and suckle on an ordinary pig which curses the farm. The longer the Nogtail goes undetected, the longer the blight will stay on the farm. Nogtails are very fast and hard to catch, the only way to make sure the Nogtail will not come back is to chase it away with a pure white dog. The Pest Sub-Division of the Ministry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures maintains a pack of a dozen albino bloodhounds specifically for this purpose. Nogtails are also hunted for sport although that's a subject that strays more into subjective rather than objective so we won't discuss that here. You are free to do so on your own time however. For you homework, I want nine inches on Nogtails, detailing what they do to a farm, where they are found, their earliest origins, etc. etc. If you would like, for extra credit you may also offer your own thoughts on their sport hunting. Please drop it off in the box in my office or hand it to me personally next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni said with a soft sigh. Just one more class today and then you're home free Yates.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Quote:

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers