Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures III ~Open- Hippogryff Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:40 pm
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not
User Image
User Image

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Sebastian Blythe
Fianna Grey
Aria Solarin
Aleah Toller
Ahnna Atterberry
Monika Evans
Balder Borson

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, since this is your OWL year, and by the way congratulations for making it thus far, I will not be doing any sugar coating or hand-holding for your lectures or homework. If I find that any of you aren't taking this studying seriously I will have you shoveling Hippogryff dung white reciting to me every magical creature in ranking order of their classes." She made eye contact with as many students as she could to ensure them that she was not, in fact, kidding. " As usual you will give me a review of a magical creature we have previously gone over, only I want this to be more descriptive if possible. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with a steely eyed look at all her students ready for all the regurgitation.«

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Graydon Ironshield

You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:56 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fifth Year Fifteen Years OldSingle

While she liked her rather quirky teacher, and the chance to get outside, this was one of those classes Fianna wasn't so sure she'd be able to continue past her OWLs. It would rather depend upon her passing her exam, and figuring out if she needed it to become a Witch-Watcher or not.

Raising her hand, Fianna offered, "One of the first creatures we learned about were Bowtruckles, Professor Yates. They have an 'XX' Ministry rating, and they look like little brown stick figures. Bowtruckles are about a hand tall, live in Wiggenweld trees, which they will fiercely defend if they feel it to be threatened, and their favourite foods are woodlice and faery eggs." After getting that out in one breath, Fianna was hoping she didn't start sounding like an encyclopedia ... or her older cousin, but nobody would be able to say she hadn't studied over the summer.

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:22 am
User Image
User Image

Sebastian Blythe
Fianna Grey
Aria Solarin
Aleah Toller
Ahnna Atterberry
Monika Evans
Balder Borson

»Tesni twitched at the answers, or rather lack thereof and just sighed. They would just have to learn the hard way then. "Good job, Gryffindor take five points. Everyone, turn in your Monster Book of Monsters text to chapter one, today we will be learning about Hippogryffs. A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly intelligent orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear, and can be, deadly. When Humans approach Hippogriffs, a proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tameable, but only by experts in their care and are also bred to make 'Fancy Hippogriffs'." here Tesni shuddered a bit as if disgusted by such a thing, and to be honest she rather was.

"Although proud, Hippogriffs can also be fiercely loyal and protective of those who have earned their trust, as demonstrated by Buckbeak, a rather famous Hippogryff for it's relation to Harry Potter and his help in the Battle of Hogwarts. The diet of the Hippogriff consists mainly of insects, birds, and small mammals such as ferrets. They will sometimes paw at the ground for worms if no other food is readily available. When breeding, Hippogriffs build nests on the ground, and lay only a single, fragile egg. The egg usually hatches in twenty-four hours. Infant Hippogriffs are capable of flight within a week, but it takes many months before they are strong enough to accompany their parents on long journeys. Hippogryff eggs can go from two to four thousand galleons from a reputable breeder and sometimes double that from a back alley wizard, although I wouldn't trust the latter. Once a Hippogryff has been hatched and has bonded with either it's mother or caretaker it must not be taken away. The selling of hatched Hippogryffs, while not a crime, is indeed a horrendous act and is being seriously watched by the Ministry." the short witch said this seriously and made sure to have direct eye contact with each student.

"Homework, I want at the very least two feet on Hippogryffs. Their habits, their herds, about their pride and their mating habits, everything that can prove to me that you're a makeshift professional on all things Hippogryff related. You may turn this in to my drop box in my office or to me personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni scratched the back of head while wondering then gave a small smirking grin. She wondered if Fanchon had a free period yet.«

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Graydon Ironshield

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:36 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

Fianna took down careful notes on the day's subject matter, as her older sister told her about the Hippogriff lessons, and how she needed to be really careful when interacting with them. "I've got a question, Professor Yates," she piped up, when she had the chance. "Are Hippogryphs sentient? You know, intelligent, like we are. I mean if they care about etiquette and all, they have to be, right? And if they are, where do we get off trying to tame them? How is it okay?"

OOC:
Username

That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:29 am
User Image
User Image

Sebastian Blythe
Fianna Grey
Aria Solarin
Aleah Toller
Ahnna Atterberry
Monika Evans
Balder Borson

»Tesni was actually rather excited for this lesson, mainly because Hippogryffs were one of her favorite creatures, and because she didn't have to go very far to find one and convince him or her to join their class. The hardest part though was gaining the trust of the pride before she could individually find one to ask a favor of. Thankfully she did or otherwise she would've had to cancel this lesson until she could. She lead the Hippogryff out into the open keeping one hand always in sight and another just below their neck. She led them to her pen which she enlarged from her nogtail lecture and gave them a ferret for their troubles before getting everything else ready for the class. Finally everything was ready, and just in time as her students were already arriving in droves.

"Morning kiddies, if you haven't already please turn in your homework on that stump over there. Today we will be doing our Hippogryff interaction and if you even paid attention to half of what I said last time or read your textbook you should be somewhat prepared for what we're doing today. If not, then I suggest you stand back and watch." she walked over to the pen and opened the door, letting out a sharp whistle to alert the Hippogryff to please come over before giving her a low bow while keeping eye contact. When they bowed back she raised up with a small grin and immediately gave scratches to her feathers before smoothing them and leading them over to the students. "This, as you may or may not know, is a Hippogryff. This one comes from a pride that dwells within the Forbidden Forest and was gracious enough to come by and help us with out class and you will show them the respect they deserve or just high-tail it back to the castle." Tesni told them with a narrowing of her eyes before her face went back to its normal neutral expression. "As you've just seen, you must bow low but maintain eye contact in front of a Hippogryff and, this is the most important part, only when they bow back may you instigate contact. And if they don't bow back, well then I suggest you back away as quickly as possible." she told them with a shark toothed grin. "Anyone who wishes to participate can and those that do not, may opt out. Remember to go forward singularly and to not crowd. Crowding will create an antagonistic aura and the Hippogryff will attack. So it's best if one person step forward each time while the group remains back and watch. When you're feeling brave enough, you may begin." Tesni stepped away from the Hippogryff with one final pat and stood by to watch and intervene in the case of extreme stupidity.«

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Graydon Ironshield

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:38 am
User Image
Fianna Grey

Fianna was both a bit nervous and excited as she made her way through the woods toward where today's class would be held. They'd be meeting real, live Hippogryphs today, and that was certainly reason to look forward to seeing Professor Yates. The homework assignment was written out and handed in already, as the young lioness never wanted to get behind in her assignments, and she felt reasonably confident she could handle herself in front of one of these beings. Her cousin had told her all about how she'd met a hippogryph in her time in the class, and now she would have her chance to have own tale to tell others.

Reading about hippogryphs was all well and good, but it was nothing compared to when she saw the being for herself, standing next to Professor Yates. Having the colouration of a snowy owl, he looked magnificent and regal. Now she understood what Linny had told her: 'one should have no right to tame the winds let alone bring low one of these beings.'

Fianna volunteered to go first, and drew deep breaths to calm herself as she stepped forward. When she figured she was at a respectful distance, the young lioness stopped, and while, taking care to keep eye contact with the being, she bowed low in a gesture of genuine respect. She then waited to see how the hippogryph responded...

OOC: Unless told contrary, I'm assuming the hippogryph is somebody's PC.

OOC:
Username

That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝓢𝓷𝓸𝔀𝒇𝒆𝓪𝓽𝓱𝒆𝓻
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

𝓞𝓷𝓬𝒆 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓽𝒆𝓭 𝒇𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽xxxxxxxxx

═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSnowfeather was always pleased to come and visit with the human woman's lessons. She was an excellent teacher, and spoke in a tone that made it clear to the hippogriff that no nonsense would be permitted while she was in charge. It made Snowfeather much more comfortable with the idea of being around children, who were unpredictable at best and destructive at worst. Not that she disliked humans, she liked them immensely, especially compared to most of her herd. But, she knew that they could be a troublesome lot just as well. Which was part of why she valued her ability to help the woman out, since her entire purpose seemed to be teaching human children how to properly treat creatures such as herself. Such a task was a noble one, and Snowfeather was more than pleased to assist.

spaceThe interaction with the Professor Yates went as it always did, a polite bow and a ferret for her trouble (another reason she liked assisting the woman). She waited, head cocked to the side in curiosity, to see which of the children would be the first to approach. She was nervous, incredibly so. Snowfeather gave a light snort in response, slightly impatient with the child's fear. But, her bravery was admirable, and she did not breach the rules of etiquette despite her fear. After a brief pause, Snowfeather bowed as well, meeting the young girl's height, and waited.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxxxxxxx𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓴 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓔𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓱
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝒆𝔂𝒆𝓼 𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝒆𝓭 𝓼𝓴𝔂𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓭

(( OOC ))
                                          That'd be me, Gordo
                                          And jsyk Snowfeather is a 'she'

Yukina101

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:48 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

When the hippogryph returned her bow, Fianna knew it safe to approach her (realizing the being before her was actually a 'she'), and as she stepped closer her initial trepidation was slowly replaced with a sense of wonder. Drawings, paintings and photographs couldn't compare with the sheer physical presence of this being, nor do her any justice. Fianna couldn't help but be impressed with the feather pattern she saw, and the size of her beak and talons.

"You're beautiful," she told the hippogryph, as she gazed at her, sensing the raw power she possessed, and saw snowy white feathers which she reckoned had to be as soft as a down pillow. Fianna had asked Professor Yates if hippogryphs were actually intelligent, and she'd never gotten a satisfactory answer, and now she had her chance to learn for herself. Fianna asked, in a hushed voice, "I have to get my broomstick if I want to fly, but you ... you just do it. What is it like to be able to fly whenever you wish it?" She wasn't sure what sort of response she'd get, but reasoned speaking to her as she might anyone else was a pretty good start to an 'interaction'.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:38 pm
User Image
User Image

Reyna Whyte
Saio Ukida
Ivar Eriksson
Colton Overton
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Aiobheal McHalen
Darian Yaxley

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, since this is your OWL year, and by the way congratulations for making it thus far, I will not be doing any sugar coating or hand-holding for your lectures or homework. If I find that any of you aren't taking this studying seriously I will have you shoveling Hippogryff dung white reciting to me every magical creature in ranking order of their classes." She made eye contact with as many students as she could to ensure them that she was not, in fact, kidding. " As usual you will give me a review of a magical creature we have previously gone over, only I want this to be more descriptive if possible. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with a steely eyed look at all her students ready for all the regurgitation.«

Jade Galaksylph

kiska166

oyehh

Diamond Wales

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 pm
User Image
User Image

Reyna Whyte
Saio Ukida
Ivar Eriksson
Colton Overton
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Aiobheal McHalen
Darian Yaxley

»Tesni sighed close to relief when they answered with decently intellectual answers and she could almost believe all the paperwork was worth it. Not really but boy wouldn't that be a treat. When everyone had spoken she gave a brief nod before continuing on. "Turn in your Monster Book of Monsters text to chapter one, today we will be learning about Hippogryffs. A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly intelligent orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear, and can be, deadly. When Humans approach Hippogriffs, a proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tameable, but only by experts in their care and are also bred to make 'Fancy Hippogriffs'." here Tesni shuddered a bit as if disgusted by such a thing, and to be honest she rather was. "Although proud, Hippogriffs can also be fiercely loyal and protective of those who have earned their trust, as demonstrated by Buckbeak, a rather famous Hippogryff for it's relation to Harry Potter and his help in the Battle of Hogwarts. The diet of the Hippogriff consists mainly of insects, birds, and small mammals such as ferrets. They will sometimes paw at the ground for worms if no other food is readily available.[1] When breeding, Hippogriffs build nests on the ground, and lay only a single, fragile egg. The egg usually hatches in twenty-four hours. Infant Hippogriffs are capable of flight within a week, but it takes many months before they are strong enough to accompany their parents on long journeys. Hippogryff eggs can go from two to four thousand galleons from a reputable breeder and sometimes double that from a back alley wizard, although I wouldn't trust the latter. Once a Hippogryff has been hatched and has bonded with either it's mother or caretaker it must not be taken away. The selling of hatched Hippogryffs, while not a crime, is indeed a horrendous act and is being seriously watched by the Ministry." the short witch said this seriously and made sure to have direct eye contact with each student.

"Homework, I want at the very least two feet on Hippogryffs. Their habits, their herds, about their pride and their mating habits, everything that can prove to me that you're a makeshift professional on all things Hippogryff related. You may turn this in to my drop box in my office or to me personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni scratched the back of head while wondering if the Fanchon would mind if she sat in the back and waited for her.«

Jade Galaksylph

kiska166

oyehh

Diamond Wales

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:18 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ruaridh Murdoch
Mercy Sanderson
Candace Mackenzie
Alana Rivero
Kimberly Leon
Minako Tanaka
Alexander Avery
Phoebe Davenport
Skylar Macclellan
Garnet Mortemer

{ooc: you can post students reviewing for points until Wednesday when the lecture is posted}
You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Ruaridh Murdoch
Mercy Sanderson
Candace Mackenzie
Alana Rivero
Kimberly Leon
Minako Tanaka
Alexander Avery
Phoebe Davenport
Skylar Macclellan
Garnet Mortemer

»Tesni sighed close to relief when they answered with decently intellectual answers and she could almost believe all the paperwork was worth it. Not really but boy wouldn't that be a treat. When everyone had spoken she gave a brief nod before continuing on. "Turn in your Monster Book of Monsters text to chapter one, today we will be learning about Hippogryffs. A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly intelligent orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear, and can be, deadly. When Humans approach Hippogriffs, a proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tameable, but only by experts in their care and are also bred to make 'Fancy Hippogriffs'." here Tesni shuddered a bit as if disgusted by such a thing, and to be honest she rather was. "Although proud, Hippogriffs can also be fiercely loyal and protective of those who have earned their trust, as demonstrated by Buckbeak, a rather famous Hippogryff for it's relation to Harry Potter and his help in the Battle of Hogwarts. The diet of the Hippogriff consists mainly of insects, birds, and small mammals such as ferrets. They will sometimes paw at the ground for worms if no other food is readily available.[1] When breeding, Hippogriffs build nests on the ground, and lay only a single, fragile egg. The egg usually hatches in twenty-four hours. Infant Hippogriffs are capable of flight within a week, but it takes many months before they are strong enough to accompany their parents on long journeys. Hippogryff eggs can go from two to four thousand galleons from a reputable breeder and sometimes double that from a back alley wizard, although I wouldn't trust the latter. Once a Hippogryff has been hatched and has bonded with either it's mother or caretaker it must not be taken away. The selling of hatched Hippogryffs, while not a crime, is indeed a horrendous act and is being seriously watched by the Ministry." the short witch said this seriously and made sure to have direct eye contact with each student.

"Homework, I want at the very least two feet on Hippogryffs. Their habits, their herds, about their pride and their mating habits, everything that can prove to me that you're a makeshift professional on all things Hippogryff related. You may turn this in to my drop box in my office or to me personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni scratched the back of head while wondering if the Fanchon would mind if she sat in the back and waited for her.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Ruaridh Murdoch
Mercy Sanderson
Candace Mackenzie
Alana Rivero
Kimberly Leon
Minako Tanaka
Alexander Avery
Phoebe Davenport
Skylar Macclellan
Garnet Mortemer

»Tesni was actually rather excited for this lesson, mainly because Hippogryffs were one of her favorite creatures, and because she didn't have to go very far to find one and convince him or her to join their class. The hardest part though was gaining the trust of the pride before she could individually find one to ask a favor of. Thankfully she did or otherwise she would've had to cancel this lesson until she could. She lead the Hippogryff out into the open keeping one hand always in sight and another just below their neck. She led them to her pen which she enlarged from her nogtail lecture and gave them a ferret for their troubles before getting everything else ready for the class. Finally everything was ready, and just in time as her students were already arriving in droves.

"Morning kiddies, if you haven't already please turn in your homework on that stump over there. Today we will be doing our Hippogryff interaction and if you even paid attention to half of what I said last time or read your textbook you should be somewhat prepared for what we're doing today. If not, then I suggest you stand back and watch." she walked over to the pen and opened the door, letting out a sharp whistle to alert the Hippogryff to please come over before giving her a low bow while keeping eye contact. When they bowed back she raised up with a small grin and immediately gave scratches to her feathers before smoothing them and leading them over to the students. "This, as you may or may not know, is a Hippogryff. This one comes from a pride that dwells within the Forbidden Forest and was gracious enough to come by and help us with out class and you will show them the respect they deserve or just high-tail it back to the castle." Tesni told them with a narrowing of her eyes before her face went back to its normal neutral expression. "As you've just seen, you must bow low but maintain eye contact in front of a Hippogryff and, this is the most important part, only when they bow back may you instigate contact. And if they don't bow back, well then I suggest you back away as quickly as possible." she told them with a shark toothed grin. "Anyone who wishes to participate can and those that do not, may opt out. Remember to go forward singularly and to not crowd. Crowding will create an antagonistic aura and the Hippogryff will attack. So it's best if one person step forward each time while the group remains back and watch. When you're feeling brave enough, you may begin." Tesni stepped away from the Hippogryff with one final pat and stood by to watch and intervene in the case of extreme stupidity.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:13 am

Ruaridh Murdoch
Mercy Sanderson
Candace Mackenzie
Alana Rivero
Kimberly Leon
Minako Tanaka
Alexander Avery
Phoebe Davenport
Skylar Macclellan
Garnet Mortemer

»Tesni was napping in her tree when the students came out for her lesson. She had enjoyed a rather late evening the night before and thus had forgotten what that could mean for the next morning. As such she was trying to catch as much lost rest before the start of her next class and awoke to the babbling of her students, some certainly incredulous that they couldn't see where their professor was. "Be down in a moment." she answered swinging her legs over and blithely scampering down from her tree then only swishing her wand once to ride her hair and clothes of any dirt or leaves that might've stuck to it.

"Alright kiddies, open up your textbooks today we'll be going over Nifflers. A Niffler is a creature with a long snout and a coat of black, fluffy fur who is attracted to shiny things, which makes them wonderful for locating treasure. This also means that they could wreak havoc if kept (or set loose) indoors. Native to Britain with a MoM Classification of XXX, they live in burrows as deep as twenty feet below ground, and produce six to eight young in a single litter.

Nifflers have a pouch on their bellies which holds far more than at first seems possible, like the effects of a Undetectable Extension Charm on a container. They are gentle by nature and could even be affectionate towards their owners. However, they can destroy belongings looking for sparkly objects, and for that reason it was and still is inadvisable to keep them as a house pet.

Homework, exactly one foot on Nifflers from gestation to notable facts and events revolving around them. Next week we'll be having an interesting interaction so I'd advise you to wear clothing you wouldn't mind getting dirty as well as a pair of trainers if you have any. That's it for today, class is dismissed."
                                              «

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Driskol Abrams
Lydia Spencer
Brianna Overton
Ji-Yeong Cho

{ooc: you can post students reviewing for points until Wednesday when the lecture is posted}
You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items