Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures III ~Open- Hippogryff Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 pm
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Jackson Hawthorne
Isolde Blodwen
Dagrun Eide
Philip Quimby-Winthrop
Aurora Devereux
Quentin Devereux
London Ellis
Elijah Beaumont
Quinn Conri-Dechering

»Once everyone had been given a chance to say their part Tesni gave a brief nod and began her lecture. "Turn in your Monster Book of Monsters text to chapter one, today we will be learning about Hippogryffs. A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly intelligent orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear, and can be, deadly. When Humans approach Hippogriffs, a proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tameable, but only by experts in their care and are also bred to make 'Fancy Hippogriffs'." Here Tesni shuddered a bit as if disgusted by such a thing, and to be honest she rather was.

"Although proud, Hippogriffs can also be fiercely loyal and protective of those who have earned their trust, as demonstrated by Buckbeak, a rather famous Hippogryff for it's relation to Harry Potter and his help in the Battle of Hogwarts. The diet of the Hippogriff consists mainly of insects, birds, and small mammals such as ferrets. They will sometimes paw at the ground for worms if no other food is readily available. When breeding, Hippogriffs build nests on the ground, and lay only a single, fragile egg. The egg usually hatches in twenty-four hours. Infant Hippogriffs are capable of flight within a week, but it takes many months before they are strong enough to accompany their parents on long journeys. Hippogryff eggs can go from two to four thousand galleons from a reputable breeder and sometimes double that from a back alley wizard, although I wouldn't trust the latter. Once a Hippogryff has been hatched and has bonded with either it's mother or caretaker it must not be taken away. The selling of hatched Hippogryffs, while not a crime, is indeed a horrendous act and is being seriously watched by the Ministry." the short witch said this seriously and made sure to have direct eye contact with each student.

"Homework, I want at the very least two feet on Hippogryffs. Their habits, their herds, about their pride and their mating habits, everything that can prove to me that you're a makeshift professional on all things Hippogryff related. You may turn this in to my drop box in my office or to me personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni scratched the back of head while wondering if the elves would mind if she smoked a little while enjoying their amazing treacle tart.«

You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

mc2

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:42 am

Jackson Hawthorne
Isolde Blodwen
Dagrun Eide
Philip Quimby-Winthrop
Aurora Devereux
Quentin Devereux
London Ellis
Elijah Beaumont
Quinn Conri-Dechering

»Tesni was actually rather excited for this lesson, mainly because Hippogryffs were one of her favorite creatures, and because she didn't have to go very far to find one and convince him or her to join their class. The hardest part though was gaining the trust of the pride before she could individually find one to ask a favor of. Thankfully she did or otherwise she would've had to cancel this lesson until she could. She lead the Hippogryff out into the open keeping one hand always in sight and another just below their neck. She led them to her pen which she enlarged from her nogtail lecture and gave them a ferret for their troubles before getting everything else ready for the class. Finally everything was ready, and just in time as her students were already arriving in droves.

"Morning kiddies, if you haven't already please turn in your homework on that stump over there. Today we will be doing our Hippogryff interaction and if you even paid attention to half of what I said last time or read your textbook you should be somewhat prepared for what we're doing today. If not, then I suggest you stand back and watch." she walked over to the pen and opened the door, letting out a sharp whistle to alert the Hippogryff to please come over before giving her a low bow while keeping eye contact. When they bowed back she raised up with a small grin and immediately gave scratches to her feathers before smoothing them and leading them over to the students. "This, as you may or may not know, is a Hippogryff. This one comes from a pride that dwells within the Forbidden Forest and was gracious enough to come by and help us with out class and you will show them the respect they deserve or just high-tail it back to the castle." Tesni told them with a narrowing of her eyes before her face went back to its normal neutral expression. "As you've just seen, you must bow low but maintain eye contact in front of a Hippogryff and, this is the most important part, only when they bow back may you instigate contact. And if they don't bow back, well then I suggest you back away as quickly as possible." she told them with a shark toothed grin. "Anyone who wishes to participate can and those that do not, may opt out. Remember to go forward singularly and to not crowd. Crowding will create an antagonistic aura and the Hippogryff will attack. So it's best if one person step forward each time while the group remains back and watch. When you're feeling brave enough, you may begin." Tesni stepped away from the Hippogryff with one final pat and stood by to watch and intervene in the case of extreme stupidity. «

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

mc2

kiska166

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Shui Quan
Heath Fallrein
Ilene Warlow
Abigail Cody

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, since this is your OWL year, and by the way congratulations for making it thus far, I will not be doing any sugar coating or hand-holding for your lectures or homework. If I find that any of you aren't taking this studying seriously I will have you shoveling Hippogryff dung white reciting to me every magical creature in ranking order of their classes." She made eye contact with as many students as she could to ensure them that she was not, in fact, kidding. " As usual you will give me a review of a magical creature we have previously gone over, only I want this to be more descriptive if possible. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with a steely eyed look at all her students ready for all the regurgitation.«

{ooc: you can post students reviewing for points until Wednesday when the lecture is posted}
You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:18 pm

»Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, since this is your OWL year, and by the way congratulations for making it thus far, I will not be doing any sugar coating or hand-holding for your lectures or homework. If I find that any of you aren't taking this studying seriously I will have you shoveling Hippogryff dung white reciting to me every magical creature in ranking order of their classes." She made eye contact with as many students as she could to ensure them that she was not, in fact, kidding. " As usual you will give me a review of a magical creature we have previously gone over, only I want this to be more descriptive if possible. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with a steely eyed look at all her students ready for all the regurgitation.

Once everyone had been given a chance to say their part Tesni gave a brief nod and began her lecture. "Turn in your Monster Book of Monsters text to chapter one, today we will be learning about Hippogryffs. A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly intelligent orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear, and can be, deadly. When Humans approach Hippogriffs, a proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tameable, but only by experts in their care and are also bred to make 'Fancy Hippogriffs'." Here Tesni shuddered a bit as if disgusted by such a thing, and to be honest she rather was.

"Although proud, Hippogriffs can also be fiercely loyal and protective of those who have earned their trust, as demonstrated by Buckbeak, a rather famous Hippogryff for it's relation to Harry Potter and his help in the Battle of Hogwarts. The diet of the Hippogriff consists mainly of insects, birds, and small mammals such as ferrets. They will sometimes paw at the ground for worms if no other food is readily available. When breeding, Hippogriffs build nests on the ground, and lay only a single, fragile egg. The egg usually hatches in twenty-four hours. Infant Hippogriffs are capable of flight within a week, but it takes many months before they are strong enough to accompany their parents on long journeys. Hippogryff eggs can go from two to four thousand galleons from a reputable breeder and sometimes double that from a back alley wizard, although I wouldn't trust the latter. Once a Hippogryff has been hatched and has bonded with either it's mother or caretaker it must not be taken away. The selling of hatched Hippogryffs, while not a crime, is indeed a horrendous act and is being seriously watched by the Ministry." the short witch said this seriously and made sure to have direct eye contact with each student.

"Homework, I want at the very least two feet on Hippogryffs. Their habits, their herds, about their pride and their mating habits, everything that can prove to me that you're a makeshift professional on all things Hippogryff related. You may turn this in to my drop box in my office or to me personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni scratched the back of head while wondering if the elves would mind if she smoked a little while enjoying their amazing treacle tart.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:10 pm
User Image
User Image

нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

»Tesni had begun to use some of her time before classes to go over certain forms and documents for her newest gig. Mostly forms because apparently these little snot wankers couldn't blow their nose without the school needing a triplicate, good grief. Some of them were useful she begrudgingly admitted but the rest she was planning to use a fire fodder if she could get away with it. Looking up from her perch, she noted the tell-tale signs of students and was actually relieved to do something other than this. She jumped down from her spot only wincing partially (damn age) and made sure to greet her students until they were all together.

"Good morning all, since this is your OWL year, and by the way congratulations for making it thus far, I will not be doing any sugar coating or hand-holding for your lectures or homework. If I find that any of you aren't taking this studying seriously I will have you shoveling Hippogryff dung white reciting to me every magical creature in ranking order of their classes." She made eye contact with as many students as she could to ensure them that she was not, in fact, kidding. " As usual you will give me a review of a magical creature we have previously gone over, only I want this to be more descriptive if possible. When you've all had a chance I'll start the lesson and then you can go." Tesni said with a steely eyed look at all her students ready for all the regurgitation.

Once everyone had been given a chance to say their part Tesni gave a brief nod and began her lecture. "Turn in your Monster Book of Monsters text to chapter one, today we will be learning about Hippogryffs. A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly intelligent orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear, and can be, deadly. When Humans approach Hippogriffs, a proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tameable, but only by experts in their care and are also bred to make 'Fancy Hippogriffs'." Here Tesni shuddered a bit as if disgusted by such a thing, and to be honest she rather was.

"Homework, I want at the very least two feet on Hippogryffs. Their habits, their herds, about their pride and their mating habits, everything that can prove to me that you're a makeshift professional on all things Hippogryff related. You may turn this in to my drop box in my office or to me personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed." Tesni scratched the back of head while wondering which herbs she could use as a bribe for the elves to smoke in their kitchens while enjoying their amazing treacle tart.«

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Quote:

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers