Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures IV ~Open- Mermaid Lecture Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

cαяє σғ мαɢιcαℓ cяєαтυяєsIV

Friday's Block 6: 2:00pm - 2:45 pm
Location: On the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest, generally by the Gate Keeper's Hut

[About the Class]
The main prerogative of this class is to get students familiar with the identification and interaction of the numerous magical creatures in the wizarding world. This being the start of NEWT academics, the kiddy gloves are official off. Students will be engaged with highly intelligent and equally aggressive magical creatures and as such will have to keep a clear and level head when studying them.

[About the Professor]
Professor Yates is originally from Wales and a middle child and only girl out of four brothers. After graduation she spent many years traveling and studying various native groups and animals before having an unfortunate accident and having to return back home. After recuperation and small menial jobs she applied for this post and well, here she is. This is her first time teaching but this does not mean she is a carpet to be walked upon.

[Class Rules]
1. Don't be late. Just because the classroom is situated outside does not mean you may come and go at your leisure. If a student is found late they will be sent back to the castle with a note stuck to their back. If a student is late more than three times they will have to attend a meeting with the professor to see if they wish to continue.
2. Be respectful and courteous to all animals and creatures in class. If there is even a slight inclination that a student is doing wrong by a creature they will be given a detention, points will be taken, and a meeting with Headmaster will be scheduled.
3. Be respectful and courteous to your fellow human beings. No use of slurs or malicious intent towards your classmates or you will face loss of points, detention, and a one-way ticket to the Headmaster's office.
4. Always bring your materials to class. For each time you don't have your materials five point increments will be taken.

[Class Materials]
Textbooks: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Monster Book of Monsters
Wand
Note taking materials

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:00 pm
List of Knowledge

Merpeople Lecture [ ]
Merpeople Interaction [ ]
Phoenix Lecture [ ]
Phoenix Interaction [ ]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:27 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom
We're the beginning of the end
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image
нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List:]
Axel Roach
Camila Rojas
Cash Meadows
Elijah Pemberton
Eugene Windsor,

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Tesni,after a near disastrous her first day, had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. She thought she'd be a bit bored just standing there and waiting before remembering that she was in front of the flipping Forbidden Forest...which wasn't so forbidden now that she was actually a member of the faculty. Somehow it sort of lost it's thrill, but she still enjoyed her time immensely.She honestly couldn't wait until this class was over so she could enjoy the ending to her first week of teaching. Mainly by sitting in a tree and drinking, but to each their own right? So when it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." she concluded not waiting to see if there even were any. She hoped these students weren't that stupid. "While this is my first time teaching you, this is not your first year of this course. That said, I'll first have you introduce yourselves, explain to me where you are in the material, and then I'll give a short lecture on one of the creatures you'll be seeing next week. I would like your name, your house, and one interesting fact about yourself or a hobby you enjoy and one thing you learned from your previous instructor. For example, my name is Tesni Yates, I'm a former Gryffindor, for my fact I have four brothers, two older and two younger all in different houses and as for my hobby, I enjoy walking through the forest and rock climbing. Now one of you." Tesni stated waiting for the brave soul.

Essy ze Ninja

Deviled Dregs

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly nervous, slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:54 am
User Image

User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

xxx The emerald trim of her house robes rustled through the grass as she strolled through the castle grounds beneath the high noon sun and spotted their new professor for the year. The last professor had been rather bland, unmemorable and monotonous, which was a real shame considering the excitement this class could offer. Camila met the young professor with an enthusiastic smile, this class would make or break her career and she had no intention of getting on the professor's bad side. ”I'm Camila Rojas, Slytherin, I support the Falmouth Falcons and I'm the chaser and vice captain for my house, aaaand, last year we mostly prepared for our OWL's, but, we did spend a few weeks learning and interacting with hippogriffs.”

[OOC://xXxXx]

╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Sixth Year, Prefect and Vice Captain┈━═
Slytherin Table,
Dressed in:
house robes
16 yrs5' 5"136lbs
╚════════════════════╝

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:05 am
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Axel Roach
Camila Rojas
Cash Meadows
Elijah Pemberton
Eugene Windsor,

Tesni just sighed as her students offered varied responses on their knowledge and briefly wondered if Headmaster Steele could give her the name and address of the previous shite professor. Y'know, just to talk of course. "Lovely to meet you all. There isn't much I can offer seeing as you're already NEWT students and well on your way to graduation, but I can offer tutoring or extra credit assignments to anyone who feels that they want or need it. This is purely up to you and I will not think badly of any who ask for it nor tolerate others if they say anything about these students." she said with a harsh look before clearing her face back to it's neutral expression.

"Today we will be learning about Merpeople, a class XXXX beast. And yes, their classification is very important. They had the chance to be called 'being' but refused because they couldn't stand being in the same category as Hags and Vampires. Merpeople are sentient beasts that live underwater, and are found all over the world. Their customs and habits are mysterious and unless you've gained the explicit trust of one they will stay this way. They, reportedly, can breathe above the waves for a time, but it is unclear if they can ever truly leave their habitat. Merpeople are creatures resembling half-human, half-fish hybrids, though they are most certainly not half-breeds. Like humans, merpeople come in a variety of appearances, though colours uncommon in humans appear to be widespread in merpeople. For instance, the majority of the Black Lake Merpeople colony have green hair, yellow eyes, and grey skin, all traits that would be very uncommon, if not impossible, for a human to naturally possess. Merpeople also seem to be taller than humans, with seven feet appearing to not be an unusual height, at least for a selkie. Merpeople are divided up into various sub-species or races, depending on where they live. The earliest merpeople lived in Greece, and were known as sirens. In modern times, those merpeople living in warmer waters take on a more beautiful appearance, while those in colder waters, such as the selkies of Scotland and the Merrows of Ireland, are less attractive.

Their exact level of intelligence as compared to humans is unknown, however, they possess many traits beyond those of mere animals. Merpeople have a developed language, Mermish, and have even created music, which they are known, as a whole, to be fond of. On land their singing sounds like a cross between a piercing shriek and a banshee wail while underwater it is one of the most beautiful sounds known. Probably why one such group is known as a siren since they can only be heard underwater while they drown the poor seamen. Anyway. evidence that the Merpeople have a thriving culture is that they live in highly organised communities, some containing elaborate dwellings made of stone, and have been known to domesticate creatures such as the Grindylow, Hippocampus, and Lobalug, the latter being used as makeshift weaponry. Other signs of their intelligence include jewelry and weapon making, production of art (both paintings and statues), and an ability to understand basic communication via gestures.

The merpeople date back to ancient Greece, where they were first known as sirens. By the modern era, however, merpeople have spread worldwide. The history of merpeople's relations with wizardkind, or at least the wizarding British government, are somewhat rocky. Chief Elfrida Clagg refused to accept merpeople as beings under her definition of the term as those who could "speak the human tongue", with Mermish not being considered adequate as it could not be understood above water. This decision upset both the merpeople and their allies the centaurs. Though they were allowed being status under Minister Grogan Stump revised 1811 definition of the term, they would eventually request to be treated as beasts once more, objecting to the fact that such Dark creatures as hags and vampires also claimed that status. Despite being considered beasts at the time, a delegation of merpeople was persuaded to attend the 1692 summit of the International Confederation of Wizards, where they would help decide what to do on the matter of hiding the existence of various magical creatures from Muggle comprehension.

As you may or may not know, there is a colony of merpeople that currently resides in the Black Lake. Next week we will meet by the lake so you may interact with the few who have volunteered. For your homework, I want two and a half feet on merpeople. Include in it what you've learned today as well additional information from your text and any text in the magical creature of the library. You may drop it off to my box in the office or personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed."
                                                      Tesni told them with a nod wondering if there was any way Jason would let her into his sacred greenhouse for a smoke and a drink.

Essy ze Ninja

Deviled Dregs

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly nervous, slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:11 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Axel Roach
Camila Rojas
Cash Meadows
Elijah Pemberton
Eugene Windsor,

Tesni walked out early that day to the Black Lake to make sure the merpeople had gotten her last message and knew that this was the day. She didn't speak fluent mermish, she doubted anyone that didn't live underwater and have a fish tail did, but she knew enough to get that yes, they'd gotten her message, and that she looked positively delicious that day. She wasn't sure if that was a joke seeing as they don't actually eat humans but she treated it as one and merely responded to their own sharp smiles with a sharper grin of her own. She waited patiently at the edge of the lake skipping stones and playing keep away with the Giant Squid. Of course, the squid kept winning. The fun and games came to an end unfortunately as she spotted her students coming over and gave the squid an "until next time" shiny pebble.

"Afternoon kiddies. Those that haven't already please place their homework underneath that tree over there and we'll get started. Today, as you can probably guess, is our merpeople interaction. We have a few that have volunteered to interact with you students, so treat them with respect. While they are technically classified as 'beasts' they are of high intelligence and even higher propensity for violence if they think they've been wronged. Do not attempt to go into the water with them, standing at the water's edge is fine but if you go too close you may be considered intruding. You may talk to them and if you're lucky they will respond back, though not in English. If you are truly lucky and respectful, they might give you a token, nothing extravagant possibly something like a shiny bauble. If there are no questions you may begin." No sooner had the words left Tesni's mouth did heads start popping from beneath the water and come swimming as close to the students as they could without leaving the water.

Essy ze Ninja

Deviled Dregs

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:40 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Emily Vanadeth
Chase Morris

Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, and congratulations on passing your OWL's. As I'm sure a minimum of you remember I'm Professor Yates and as you are all now NEWT students I don't have to moddy-coddle you." The Welsh woman gave her customary shark-like grin at her words before the flew back into her blank facade. "Today we will be learning about Merpeople, a class XXXX beast. And yes, their classification is very important. They had the chance to be called 'being' but refused because they couldn't stand being in the same category as Hags and Vampires. Merpeople are sentient beasts that live underwater, and are found all over the world. Their customs and habits are mysterious and unless you've gained the explicit trust of one they will stay this way. They, reportedly, can breathe above the waves for a time, but it is unclear if they can ever truly leave their habitat. Merpeople are creatures resembling half-human, half-fish hybrids, though they are most certainly not half-breeds. Like humans, merpeople come in a variety of appearances, though colours uncommon in humans appear to be widespread in merpeople. For instance, the majority of the Black Lake Merpeople colony have green hair, yellow eyes, and grey skin, all traits that would be very uncommon, if not impossible, for a human to naturally possess. Merpeople also seem to be taller than humans, with seven feet appearing to not be an unusual height, at least for a selkie. Merpeople are divided up into various sub-species or races, depending on where they live. The earliest merpeople lived in Greece, and were known as sirens. In modern times, those merpeople living in warmer waters take on a more beautiful appearance, while those in colder waters, such as the selkies of Scotland and the Merrows of Ireland, are less attractive.

Their exact level of intelligence as compared to humans is unknown, however, they possess many traits beyond those of mere animals. Merpeople have a developed language, Mermish, and have even created music, which they are known, as a whole, to be fond of. On land their singing sounds like a cross between a piercing shriek and a banshee wail while underwater it is one of the most beautiful sounds known. Probably why one such group is known as a siren since they can only be heard underwater while they drown the poor seamen. Anyway. evidence that the Merpeople have a thriving culture is that they live in highly organised communities, some containing elaborate dwellings made of stone, and have been known to domesticate creatures such as the Grindylow, Hippocampus, and Lobalug, the latter being used as makeshift weaponry. Other signs of their intelligence include jewelry and weapon making, production of art (both paintings and statues), and an ability to understand basic communication via gestures.

The merpeople date back to ancient Greece, where they were first known as sirens. By the modern era, however, merpeople have spread worldwide. The history of merpeople's relations with wizardkind, or at least the wizarding British government, are somewhat rocky. Chief Elfrida Clagg refused to accept merpeople as beings under her definition of the term as those who could "speak the human tongue", with Mermish not being considered adequate as it could not be understood above water. This decision upset both the merpeople and their allies the centaurs. Though they were allowed being status under Minister Grogan Stump revised 1811 definition of the term, they would eventually request to be treated as beasts once more, objecting to the fact that such Dark creatures as hags and vampires also claimed that status. Despite being considered beasts at the time, a delegation of merpeople was persuaded to attend the 1692 summit of the International Confederation of Wizards, where they would help decide what to do on the matter of hiding the existence of various magical creatures from Muggle comprehension.

As you may or may not know, there is a colony of merpeople that currently resides in the Black Lake. Next week we will meet by the lake so you may interact with the few who have volunteered. For your homework, I want two and a half feet on merpeople. Include in it what you've learned today as well additional information from your text and any text in the magical creature of the library. You may drop it off to my box in the office or personally at our next meeting. If there are no questions, class is dismissed."
                                                      Tesni told them with a nod wondering if there was any way Jason would let her into his sacred greenhouse for a smoke and a drink.

Devlyn Maycry

shabatha

Wearing▱Where: Near the Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: More than slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:54 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Emily Vanadeth
Chase Morris

Tesni walked out early that day to the Black Lake to make sure the merpeople had gotten her last message and knew that this was the day. She didn't speak fluent mermish, she doubted anyone that didn't live underwater and have a fish tail did, but she knew enough to get that yes, they'd gotten her message, and that she looked positively delicious that day. She wasn't sure if that was a joke seeing as they don't actually eat humans but she treated it as one and merely responded to their own sharp smiles with a sharper grin of her own. She waited patiently at the edge of the lake skipping stones and playing keep away with the Giant Squid. Of course, the squid kept winning. The fun and games came to an end unfortunately as she spotted her students coming over and gave the squid an "until next time" shiny pebble.

"Afternoon kiddies. Those that haven't already please place their homework underneath that tree over there and we'll get started. Today, as you can probably guess, is our merpeople interaction. We have a few that have volunteered to interact with you students, so treat them with respect. While they are technically classified as 'beasts' they are of high intelligence and even higher propensity for violence if they think they've been wronged. Do not attempt to go into the water with them, standing at the water's edge is fine but if you go too close you may be considered intruding. You may talk to them and if you're lucky they will respond back, though not in English. If you are truly lucky and respectful, they might give you a token, nothing extravagant possibly something like a shiny bauble. If there are no questions you may begin." No sooner had the words left Tesni's mouth did heads start popping from beneath the water and come swimming as close to the students as they could without leaving the water.

Devlyn Maycry

shabatha

Wearing▱Where: Lake▱With: Students▱Feeling: More than slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get this show on the road▱OOC
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:45 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Lyall Thompson
Prudence Lowery
Rider Wilson
Addison Collins
Victoria Macclellan

Tesni, as per usual, spent her time before class in the Forest gathering herbs for a more casual use than just cooking. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little pubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good morning all, and congratulations on passing your OWL's. As I'm sure a minimum of you remember I'm Professor Yates and as you are all now NEWT students I don't have to moddy-coddle you." The Welsh woman gave her customary shark-like grin at her words before the flew back into her blank facade. "Today we will be learning about Merpeople, a class XXXX beast. And yes, their classification is very important. They had the chance to be called 'being' but refused because they couldn't stand being in the same category as Hags and Vampires. Merpeople are sentient beasts that live underwater, and are found all over the world. Their customs and habits are mysterious and unless you've gained the explicit trust of one they will stay this way. They, reportedly, can breathe above the waves for a time, but it is unclear if they can ever truly leave their habitat. Merpeople are creatures resembling half-human, half-fish hybrids, though they are most certainly not half-breeds. Like humans, merpeople come in a variety of appearances, though colours uncommon in humans appear to be widespread in merpeople. For instance, the majority of the Black Lake Merpeople colony have green hair, yellow eyes, and grey skin, all traits that would be very uncommon, if not impossible, for a human to naturally possess. Merpeople also seem to be taller than humans, with seven feet appearing to not be an unusual height, at least for a selkie. Merpeople are divided up into various sub-species or races, depending on where they live. The earliest merpeople lived in Greece, and were known as sirens. In modern times, those merpeople living in warmer waters take on a more beautiful appearance, while those in colder waters, such as the selkies of Scotland and the Merrows of Ireland, are less attractive.

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Wearing▱Where: Forbidden Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get rollin'▱OOC: If you are quoted then your student is signed up for this class
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ Boom clap ♫
♪ The sound of my heart ♫
♪ The beat goes on and on and on and on and ♫
♪ Boom clap ♫
♪ You make me feel good ♫
♪ Come on to me come on to me now ♫

--------ѕ ι х т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ---------
нυғғlepυғғ qυιddιтcн capтaιn

Care of Magical Creatures was a class that Rider always found captivating. As a Muggleborn, many of the creatures that had thought were myths had turned out to be real, and it was in this class that she had learned more about them. So she was excited to find out what they would be learning about in the N.E.W.T. level. Walking down to where the class took place, Rider smiled at the Professor, even though she always seemed a bit off. This year they'd be learning about merpeople. Rider had always wanted to meet a mermaid, though her fear of fish and her allergy might put that wish at risk. In fact, Rider raised her hand. "Professor, if someone were allergic to fish, do you think they'd be allergic to the merpeople as well?" Dear god, please say no. Rider really wanted to meet a mermaid.

♪ No silver or no gold ♫
♪ Could dress me up so good ♫
♪ You're the glitter in the darkness of my world ♫
♪ Just tell me what to do ♫
♪ I'll fall right into you ♫
♪ Going under cast a spell just say the word ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:11 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Lyall Thompson
Prudence Lowery
Rider Wilson
Addison Collins
Victoria Macclellan

Tesni raised an eyebrow at Rider's question trying to decide if she was actually being serious or not. After a few seconds of no giggles and an honest to god earnest look on her face she could only assume that yes, the teen was actually serious. Internally she sighed to the heavens while externally she offered a small cross between a smirk and a grin. "Merpeople are fish hybrids meaning that though they carry a few similar physical characteristics they don't call all of them, including those that relegate allergic reactions. Even so, I haven't personally encountered someone who's allergic to fish actually have interaction with a merperson. So use caution next week with the interaction and have proper protocol in place in case you feel yourself having an irregular reaction." she instructed.

SummerIsles

Wearing▱Where: Forbidden Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get rollin'▱OOC: If you are quoted then your student is signed up for this class
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper sixth year

Pru burst into muffled snickers at Rider's question; she wasn't trying to be mean, she just couldn't help herself! She didn't think she'd end up studying merpeople, but her notes were fairly detailed, and she'd warmed up to Professor Yates over the years, and by now considered the woman one of her favorite professors. Maybe it was just because the woman taught her favorite subject; who knew.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:00 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Lyall Thompson
Prudence Lowery
Rider Wilson
Addison Collins
Victoria Macclellan

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Wearing▱Where: Forbidden Forest▱With: Students▱Feeling: Slightly bored▱Thoughts: Lets get rollin'▱OOC:
Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:28 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper sixth year

Pru crouched at the edge of the water, but wisely, she thought, not so close to the edge that she could be pulled in. She hadn't grown up with the muggle version of mermaids, all sparkling tails and flowing hair, so she didn't have any illusions that merpeople were these magical fairy like creatures going to show her the wonders of the lake. Eventually one made their way over to her, and she had a lovely, somewhat confused conversation mostly made up of hand movements with a merperson named... Alisane? Something that sounded vaguely like that.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:17 am
User Image

User Image
                                                                  ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Tori followed her classmates into the forest for Care of Magical Creatures class. She liked this class, mostly because it introduced her to a lot of new creatures that she wouldn't otherwise be able to encounter. They were currently discussing merpeople, continuing the lesson from the previous week. Upon entering the area where class was to be held, Tori handed in her homework to the professor. It had been a bit more difficult than she anticipated, but with help from some of the books in the library, she had managed to put something together to turn in. After listening to the instructions, she approached the water, standing on the edge with Pru, who seemed quite fascinated by the whole thing. Soon enough, a merperson approached her friend. Tori remained quiet, knowing that any attempt at a conversation she would try to have with the merperson wouldn't end well, seeing as she tended to babble mindlessly. That was okay though, since it looked as if Pru knew what she was doing. "That was amazing," she said afterwards to her friend, truly baffled by Pru's way with creatures.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
                                                                  ƓRƳƑƑǀƝƊOR SǀXƬH ƳƐAR ƤƦЄƑЄƇƬ xx
                                                                  MAƊAM MALƘǀƝS ǀƝƬƐRƝ .xxxxxxxxx

Armed with an attitude that she knows how to use, she's gonna get there any way she can.
                                                                  Now she knows what she wants. No one is gonna stop her. Nothing's ever gonna hold her back.
                                                                  That girl was a one time teenage drama queen, a hot, tough everyday wannabee.
                                                                  But she'll have changed her destiny. Now she's a somebody.
                                                                  That girl was a wild child dreamer but she'll find herself.
                                                                  'Cause she believes in nothin' else, and you'll look back,
                                                                  and you won't believe, that girl was me.

{ooc: just quoting to let Yuki know Tori tried her best with the homework and to let Pru know Tori thinks she's awesome, you guys can ignore this if you wish. 8'D}

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas