Submit

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:01 pm
So, I stopped gaia a while ago, I just got on because I was kind of bored and wanted to play some games, That game, Switchem, gave me like 100,000 after two really easy levels and just started to give me more. I'm not sure how hard it was to get some of the rarer items, but now it seems like it is really easy. I used to buy tons of ocean summer tops on the market place for cheap and resell them by using the inventory sell thing, I think it got fixed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:30 pm
lobo feroz
So, I stopped gaia a while ago, I just got on because I was kind of bored and wanted to play some games, That game, Switchem, gave me like 100,000 after two really easy levels and just started to give me more. I'm not sure how hard it was to get some of the rarer items, but now it seems like it is really easy. I used to buy tons of ocean summer tops on the market place for cheap and resell them by using the inventory sell thing, I think it got fixed.

Yes, there's been an inflation. Switch 'em became permanent sometime after one of the last site wide events. I believe it was in spring or so. The reason the gold amounts in the various games are increased is also due to inflation. To make things worse, we can now choose to buy items in the marketplace with Gaia Cash, which in turn generates gold out of nowhere and gives it directly to the seller like a normal gold generator. Here's a link to a thread which explains what happened and why we're stuck with this horrid inflation! http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/welcome-back-the-gcd-s-inflation-recap-v-3/t.91957757/  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 am
If you get your daily chance carts up to gold, they give out tons of gold. (I think the most I've gotten is 5M, but 1M is quite common.)
However, it's still insanely hard to get rarer items.
Perhaps even harder now than it once was.
Sought after items are worth many billions, even trillions of gold now.
You can thank gold generators (which they're STILL releasing) for the inflation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:55 am
Princess Zelda21
To make things worse, we can now choose to buy items in the marketplace with Gaia Cash, which in turn generates gold out of nowhere and gives it directly to the seller like a normal gold generator.

Is that really how it works?
(I haven't been following it, I've not been willing to spend my gc on stuff I want on the market when I can save the gc for actual cash shop stuff.)
I thought it was that whatever currency we paid, the seller would get, meaning those of us without means to purchase gc could earn it selling stuff on the market.
If that's not how it works, that's really goofy...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:19 am
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21
To make things worse, we can now choose to buy items in the marketplace with Gaia Cash, which in turn generates gold out of nowhere and gives it directly to the seller like a normal gold generator.

(I haven't been following it, I've not been willing to spend my gc on stuff I want on the market when I can save the gc for actual cash shop stuff.)
I thought it was that whatever currency we paid, the seller would get, meaning those of us without means to purchase gc could earn it selling stuff on the market.

Honestly, I kid you not Spazzy. That's exactly how it works when you use Gaia Cash in the market. It adds to the inflation instead of trying to do the opposite basically. Throwing in more gold out of thin air instead of taking it out of the system. I've also noticed that every now and then when we go through Daily Chance, we'll get GoFusion charm packs besides just charms!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:23 pm
Queen Spazzy
If you get your daily chance carts up to gold, they give out tons of gold. (I think the most I've gotten is 5M, but 1M is quite common.)
You can thank gold generators (which they're STILL releasing) for the inflation.

Oh, but if you take a break that lasts more than a few days, the items you get from the daily chance carts decrease in value and quantity (i.e. getting 5k gold instead of 100,000) At least you get items?  

horsew_noname

Timid Browser

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:57 pm
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

Honestly, I kid you not Spazzy. That's exactly how it works when you use Gaia Cash in the market. It adds to the inflation instead of trying to do the opposite basically. Throwing in more gold out of thin air instead of taking it out of the system. I've also noticed that every now and then when we go through Daily Chance, we'll get GoFusion charm packs besides just charms!

Wow, that's so disappointing, I thought the team were honestly working to cut down on the extreme generation of gold!
And yup, I have a nice stack of charm packs from the DC ('cause I certainly can't afford to buy them, haha~).
Of course, I've noticed all the GoFusion items have been suffering some inflation of their own...
I mean, I'm never going to shell out 140 hearts (I only very recently achieved that amount, and I've been hoarding for some six months since they've released nothing worthwhile for me in that amount of time) for a silly halo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:59 pm
horsew_noname
Queen Spazzy

Oh, but if you take a break that lasts more than a few days, the items you get from the daily chance carts decrease in value and quantity (i.e. getting 5k gold instead of 100,000) At least you get items?

For the record, the exact timing is two days out of every seven you can miss before it bumps you down from gold.
Unless it's glitching and they're ignoring it (this happens regularly), then you're stuck with the red cart regardless.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

horsew_noname

Timid Browser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:05 pm
Queen Spazzy
horsew_noname
Queen Spazzy

For the record, the exact timing is two days out of every seven you can miss before it bumps you down from gold.
Unless it's glitching and they're ignoring it (this happens regularly), then you're stuck with the red cart regardless.

At least you can get back to getting better prizes after around 4-5 days of visiting every day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 pm
horsew_noname
Queen Spazzy
horsew_noname
Queen Spazzy

At least you can get back to getting better prizes after around 4-5 days of visiting every day.

I forget to click mine most days, anyway, so I really don't have a lot of room to complain. cat_xd
There's also a link to an extra dc that's technically from the mobile app, but can be grabbed from any browser with this link.
Though they've yet to redo the prize pool for that one, so you generally won't get a lot.
I'm also not sure if it has a 'gold' version, I've always gotten the same stuff from it no matter what...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:42 am
Queen Spazzy

Oh, I got like 50k twice and I was so happy thinking I was lucky but...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:12 am
Also, I just checked out barton boutique, because I was interested in cheap clothing and I saw that they had a mithril coin thing that was worth a billion gold. I was reading that link that you posted Princess Zelda and is that what that little black sparkley thing on the header is, just a way to reduce gold.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 am
lobo feroz
Also, I just checked out barton boutique, because I was interested in cheap clothing and I saw that they had a mithril coin thing that was worth a billion gold. I was reading that link that you posted Princess Zelda and is that what that little black sparkley thing on the header is, just a way to reduce gold.

The mithril coin is a 'placeholder' item; it sells for the same amount for which you bought it, it was originally introduced to help users get around the gold cap without needing a half dozen mules, but since the increase (some quintillions or something), there's really not a whole lot of use for them, except maybe to toss into a trade or something.
The little gray/black sparkly thing is, indeed, a gold sink.
This one, however, also supports a user-run event, they'll get things (a percentage of the gold to use for prizes for contests, item grants to give out, a forum for their event, etc.) to give back to the community for each global tier achieved.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:59 pm
Yep,gold has gotten huge around here.owo;  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:53 pm