Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Looking for a Boyfriend...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Boy_Friend 03 generated a random number between and ... !

Boy_Friend 03

Newbie Raider

3,350 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:53 am
I really want a boyfriend. But I don't know what to do. I am going to college this fall and I don't want to date someone who doesn't believe. I am only 16. What should I do? I have seen what happens when you date someone who doesn't believe. Do I wait? Or what? How do I do what God wants?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:41 pm
Boy_Friend 03
I really want a boyfriend. But I don't know what to do. I am going to college this fall and I don't want to date someone who doesn't believe. I am only 16. What should I do? I have seen what happens when you date someone who doesn't believe. Do I wait? Or what? How do I do what God wants?

Have you asked God what he wants you to do or what to do next?

Lion of the Lord

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 pm
Boy_Friend 03

I agree with our brother Lion of the Lord. Pray.

As for being certain that you are doing what God wants: obey Him. If you seek to obey Him and to become more and more like Jesus, you will always be doing what God wants. What does obedience look like? You can see it in the Scriptures.

Dating an unbeliever is out of the question, so you should only date those who are Christian. But he should love God before you, and likewise you should love God before him. It is good that you have a desire to share your life with someone. But don't let that desire become an idol. Idolatry has only ruinous ends.

Do not be afraid to seek out love. Just make sure that you are doing it with a Godly mindset.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:42 pm
Pray. You're pretty young, so it may be awhile before God sends you the right guy. I know how difficult it is to wait, but it will be worth it.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:08 am
I wish to reiterate what others have said. Pray. Also, don't force it. You are still pretty young, so don't rush it. Ask God to give you patience and just be kind to others.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
heart

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
Boy_Friend 03 generated a random number between 18314987 and 289471239 ... 109256494!

Boy_Friend 03

Newbie Raider

3,350 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:54 am
Thank you for the advice. I am trying to be patient. I also just got back from CIY, so I am trying to live for God and be an example. It's just hard to be patient. It would be easier if I had some friends or someone to hold me accountable. confused 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 am
Don't be so hard on yourself. There's not a black and white answer to this, other than the person you date be a believer. Boyfriends are optional for you. If you want one, then pray and keep an eye out. Talk to guys and get to know them. It's not bad to look for someone either... Proverbs 31 talks about the person who FINDS a good wife. Well, if there were no search then there wouldn't have been a find. The way Paul writes would definitely lead you to think that you had the freedom to look for a partner. You're still very young, and it might do you better to wait and grow, but nothing's wrong with looking for a nice young godly guy to date. :^)  

Tairajemusu Haru

Guy37

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am
I always wanted a long term gf all through my teens, never got one, but didn't believe in god back then.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:48 pm
I never got a boyfriend until I turned 18 and we have been going strong for 6 years. Sometimes, when God makes you wait, He has something better in store for you.  

icecreamcoloredgirl

O.G. Fatcat

Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces