Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please pray for my girlfriend and her family Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PelphPrinceOfRapture

Devoted Seeker

6,725 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:27 am
starry night-163
PelphPrinceOfRapture
Thanks you guys. That means a lot. They're trying to raise money for the funeral, but I guess her church won't even help her :/

I think I would question the validity of their salvation if they won't even help her, unless they seriously can't afford to help then that's one thing but to be able to help and not help is not right and there is something very wrong here. You will know true believers by their fruit (Luke 6:43-44) and one of the biggest things we as Christians should do is to lovingly serve and help one another in any way we can even financially if needed (Mark 9:35, John 15:12-17, Galations 5:14)

James 2:14-20
What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

The point of those verses from James 2 is not that we are saved by our works but that our works simply prove that we have genuine faith, good works are simply a result of having been saved, works will never save you, you are saved by faith and faith alone in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9) but the things you do prove whether or not you have genuinly believed, just as a good tree does not produce bad fruit, so a genuine believer who has truly believed in the Lord Jesus Christ will produce good fruit and do good works as a result of their salvation (Luke 6:43-44). So either the people at her church are not saved and that is a bad church or her church is simply not doing what they should be doing and perhaps not even teaching people that they should love and help others selflessly which I wonder if it's even possible for genuine believers and churches with genuine believers to not help and lovingly serve one another which is not to say that Christians will ALWAYS do this without fail but the thing about Christians is that they will repent and do the right thing, they will not always continue on in sin. I hope that made sense, if she finds her church to be a bad church, I think it would be the right thing to look for a new good, bible believing church.
According to her, they finall started to do a special fund for her mom  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:58 pm
PelphPrinceOfRapture
This means a lot to me you guys. I received some texts that show she has cheated on me, but I forgive. All I want to do is help her and her family raise money. I guess her Aunt backed out from helping and at this rate they're trying to take out a loan.

I'm sorry to hear this....It's good that you are willing to forgive her.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PelphPrinceOfRapture

Devoted Seeker

6,725 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:49 pm
OtakuKat
PelphPrinceOfRapture
This means a lot to me you guys. I received some texts that show she has cheated on me, but I forgive. All I want to do is help her and her family raise money. I guess her Aunt backed out from helping and at this rate they're trying to take out a loan.

I'm sorry to hear this....It's good that you are willing to forgive her.
I'm used to it. My ex is mad about it though  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces