Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Midwest Conventions
Youmacon 2015 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:38 pm
I'm going to Youmacon this year!! I've been going for 3 years straight ^-^ This will be my 4th. Who else is going and what do you look forward to? If you are going to cosplay, who are you cosplaying as?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 pm
Hi Amethyst Wallflower,

It looks like you beat me to starting up this thread. Here is some info on Youmacon 2015 - It's from Oct 29th to Nov 1st in Downtown Detroit Michigan at Cobo Arena and the Renaissance Center. www.youmacon.com.

I have been going to Youmacon since 2009 and Love every minute of it. I'm seeing that more and more Cosplayers in this Guild have gone to it which is great!!. Over the years I have grown as a Cosplay Photographer due to going to Jafax, Shuto Con, and Youmacon. You can see my photos posted at the beginning of many of the Threads in the Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion Thread.

This year I'm cosplaying once again Syaoran from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series. I have a picture of Princess Sakura from the same series on my Gaia signature. Usually I go on Saturday of the Con which this year falls on my birthday, Halloween!! I'm hoping to meet up with some people from the Guild this year.

I have one possible Photoshoot in the works this year with Sailor Moon series cosplayers. I also take plenty of other Cosplay photos when I go to any convention. Sometimes I get someone to do a mini photoshoot with me. It would be nice to meet you and other Guild members at the con.

Unfortunately I can't promise anything because I may start a new second shift job this week so I hope that I can get my Birthday off to make the most of that day at the con. Otherwise it could be a short day.

What day or days are you planning on going to the con?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:01 am
smithers456
Hi Amethyst Wallflower,

It looks like you beat me to starting up this thread. Here is some info on Youmacon 2015 - It's from Oct 29th to Nov 1st in Downtown Detroit Michigan at Cobo Arena and the Renaissance Center. www.youmacon.com.

I have been going to Youmacon since 2009 and Love every minute of it. I'm seeing that more and more Cosplayers in this Guild have gone to it which is great!!. Over the years I have grown as a Cosplay Photographer due to going to Jafax, Shuto Con, and Youmacon. You can see my photos posted at the beginning of many of the Threads in the Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion Thread.

This year I'm cosplaying once again Syaoran from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series. I have a picture of Princess Sakura from the same series on my Gaia signature. Usually I go on Saturday of the Con which this year falls on my birthday, Halloween!! I'm hoping to meet up with some people from the Guild this year.

I have one possible Photoshoot in the works this year with Sailor Moon series cosplayers. I also take plenty of other Cosplay photos when I go to any convention. Sometimes I get someone to do a mini photoshoot with me. It would be nice to meet you and other Guild members at the con.

Unfortunately I can't promise anything because I may start a new second shift job this week so I hope that I can get my Birthday off to make the most of that day at the con. Otherwise it could be a short day.

I love your photography work! I hope to be in one of your albums someday! I'd love to meet you at Youmacon. I'd like to go all 3 days but I won't know yet until I buy my badge xD I can't but it yet, I paid so many bills that now I'm broke until I get paid again.. ;u; I never went to Jafax but I'd like to one day. I know there isn't going to be one this year but they will start back up next year.

I also hope I can meet other people from this guild at the con like you and others. It would be so cool ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:11 pm
Amethyst Wallflower
smithers456
Hi Amethyst Wallflower,

I love your photography work! I hope to be in one of your albums someday! I'd love to meet you at Youmacon. I'd like to go all 3 days but I won't know yet until I buy my badge xD I can't but it yet, I paid so many bills that now I'm broke until I get paid again.. ;u; I never went to Jafax but I'd like to one day. I know there isn't going to be one this year but they will start back up next year.

I also hope I can meet other people from this guild at the con like you and others. It would be so cool ^.^

Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for liking my Cosplay Photography work. It looks like I have a new fan. smile On my Deviant Art page I introduce myself with the story of how I become a Cosplay Photographer. I love sharing my work with others and I'm happy to have done so on this Guild as well. Another example of my work is the Cosplay Photo Collage on the Guild's Main Page. I asked our Guild members to submit cosplay photos of themselves and the ones that I used I made a collage of. Underneath the photo is the names of the Guild members in the photo. The collage turned out really nice.

It would be nice to meet you at the con. As the time gets closer I will let everyone know when I will be at Youmacon 2015. What Cosplays are you planning on doing this year?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

kyari cloudcakes

Tipsy Phantom

15,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:37 pm
thursday i will be wearing my cute lolita, and friday i will be sailor moon (looking for other sailor scouts!) and saturday i will be queen serenity biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:46 am
kyari cloudcakes
thursday i will be wearing my cute lolita, and friday i will be sailor moon (looking for other sailor scouts!) and saturday i will be queen serenity biggrin

Hi Kyari,

Nice Lineup for your Cosplays for Youmacon. What type of Lolita Outfit are you going to be wearing? That's cool that you are going to be Cosplaying both Sailor Moon and Queen Serenity. Sailor Moon Cosplayers I have taken many photos of over the years. I have only took a photo of a Queen Serenity Cosplayer twice. The first time was when a Queen Serenity Cosplayer was cosplaying with a Reni cosplayer at my first convention Youmacon 2009. The second time was at Youmacon 2010. This Queen Serenity was an older cosplayer. She looked like Queen Serenity a lot and her outfit was beautiful. It would be really nice to take photos of both your Sailor Moon outfit and especially your Queen Serenity outfit. Due to work I'm not sure yet if I can go to Youmacon 2015. Since it falls on my Halloween Birthday I'm going to ask for my birthday off.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

kyari cloudcakes

Tipsy Phantom

15,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:15 am
smithers456
kyari cloudcakes

Hi Kyari,

Nice Lineup for your Cosplays for Youmacon. What type of Lolita Outfit are you going to be wearing? That's cool that you are going to be Cosplaying both Sailor Moon and Queen Serenity. Sailor Moon Cosplayers I have taken many photos of over the years. I have only took a photo of a Queen Serenity Cosplayer twice. The first time was when a Queen Serenity Cosplayer was cosplaying with a Reni cosplayer at my first convention Youmacon 2009. The second time was at Youmacon 2010. This Queen Serenity was an older cosplayer. She looked like Queen Serenity a lot and her outfit was beautiful. It would be really nice to take photos of both your Sailor Moon outfit and especially your Queen Serenity outfit. Due to work I'm not sure yet if I can go to Youmacon 2015. Since it falls on my Halloween Birthday I'm going to ask for my birthday off.

its much like chii from chobits pink lolita i was going to cosplay her, but with all the money im about to spend its insane, plus i need to find a way to fit tifa in somewhere tooo @.@ im so excited to cosplay as both, and in know queen serenity is going to get ALOT of attention, not many people have the money to pull it off im spending close to 200 on her dress alone, and my moon stick came with the legendary silver crystal as a flower so that helps out a bunch too ^^
i hope you can make it!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:32 am
kyari cloudcakes
smithers456
kyari cloudcakes

Hi Kyari,

its much like chii from chobits pink lolita i was going to cosplay her, but with all the money im about to spend its insane, plus i need to find a way to fit tifa in somewhere tooo @.@ im so excited to cosplay as both, and in know queen serenity is going to get ALOT of attention, not many people have the money to pull it off im spending close to 200 on her dress alone, and my moon stick came with the legendary silver crystal as a flower so that helps out a bunch too ^^
i hope you can make it!

Hi Kyari,

Chii is one of my all time favorite Anime characters. Over the years I have taken a lot of photos of both Chii Cosplayers and women wearing lolita outfits. I'm not surprised that a lot of money is going into your Queen Serenity outfit. I'm sure that it's going to be beautiful. I've seen the Moon Stick that you are referring to at an Anime store. I happen to have the SHFiguarts Sailor Moon pose able figure. I have her posed holding her Moon stick high up in the air. smile We happen to have an Official Sailor Moon thread in the "Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion" Sub Forum. I feel that some of our Guild Members including myself would like to read a post in that thread talking about what you have done to create your Sailor Moon series outfits.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:47 pm
kyari cloudcakes

Hi Kyari,

It's official, I'm going to Youmacon 2015!! I will be going to the con on Saturday which will be really cool because it's my Birthday and favorite holiday Halloween!! smile It would be really nice to meet some of our wonderful Guild members so if you would like to meet me at the con we can set something up. I would be happy to take photos of you wearing your Queen Serenity Cosplay Outfit as well.

Smithers456 (Ron)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:33 pm
Amethyst Wallflower
I'm going to Youmacon this year!! I've been going for 3 years straight ^-^ This will be my 4th. Who else is going and what do you look forward to? If you are going to cosplay, who are you cosplaying as?

Hi Amethyst,

It would be an honor to meet you and other members of this wonderful Guild, I will be at the con on Saturday dressed up as Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. My Avi is currently dressed up as Syaoran. My brother will be with me and he will be dressed up in the tan desert outfit that Ob1 Kanobi from Star Wars wears. I have a White Mokona Plushie that I carry around when I'm cosplaying Syaoran. You can check me out wearing this outfit by going to my Deviant Art page and looking at the photos in the "My Cosplays" Gallery album.

Please let me know if you are going to be at the con on Saturday and what cosplay outfit that you will be wearing. If you want to meet me please let me know. Perhaps the two of us can meet up with Kyari that would be really nice.

I checked out the Youmacon website and found out that 2 voice actors from the new Blu Ray version of Sailor Moon will be at the con. The first one is Cristina Vee who does the English dub voice for Sailor Mars and the other is Robbie Daymond who does the voice of Tuxedo Mask!! Since Sailor Mars is my favorite Sailor Scout I want to meet Cristina and have her autograph both of the limited edition booklets that I got with my Blu Ray copies of the Sailor Moon series.

I would be happy to do a mini photoshoot of you as well. Then I can have my brother take a photo of us and post that photo on the guild.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:35 am
Youmacon Convention Plans Update

Hi fellow Youmacon 2015 Convention attendees,

Check out the story below that's about how I got a hold of a "Sailor Moon - Moon Stick". I plan on taking my new prop to Youmacon 2015 and hope to come across Sailor Moon series Cosplayers, especially Sailor Moon Herself to pose with my Moon Stick. I have taken my Luna Plushie to Youmacon 2013 to the cons official Sailor Moon photoshoot and she was the center of attention in a few of the shots. Also that day I had other Sailor Moon series cosplayers pose with Luna. Now I have a Moon Stick prop that I can do the same thing with. smile So if you are going to Youmacon 2015 please let me know and you can check out and or pose with my prop. smile

Story:
Hello Fellow Sailor Moon Series Fans,

My Niece Miranda and I went to an Anime store in Lakeside Mall, Sterling Heights, Michigan (Detroit Metro Area) on Sunday Oct 25th. We had a wonderful time checking out the endless figures, key chains, DVD's, Plushies. posters, anime series props, Japanese food, Japanese Candy, and swords / shields based on specific Anime series.

The store has many glass cases where each one has a collection of items that you could buy from many different Anime and video game series!! One case has Sailor Moon items in it. You could buy plushies, necklaces, key chains, Cell Phone charms, playing cards, coin purses, posters, figures, and so much more. smile

Since I go to this Anime store a lot and had to drive an hour to get their and the fact that they closed a Southland mall location that was close to my home they gave my niece and I a discount of 40% off of all of our purchases that day!!

The Anime store had behind the front sales counter a Sailor Moon series prop that I have always had my eye on. The prop happens to be a rare full sized, and prized "Sailor Moon - Crescent Moon Stick" from "BanDai"!! Normally at cons it can be as much as $250 and even $120 normally in this Anime store. With the discount I bought a brand new Moon Stick for only $69!!

This Crescent Moon Stick is often used by Sailor Moon Cosplayers as a prop to complement their outfit. I have always wanted it to add to my Sailor Moon series collection. One thing that I think that is really cool is to have a prop used by Sailor Moon Cosplayers and since I'm a Cosplay Photographer I can now do a Sailor Moon Cosplay Photoshoot where the Cosplayer is holding this prop that I bought.

So if you are a Sailor Moon series Cosplayer, especially Sailor Moon herself, a Sailor Mini Moon cosplayer, a Princess Serenity cosplayer, or even a Queen Serenity Cosplayer and don't have a Moon Stick I offer an opportunity to pose with my prop in a photoshoot!! smile So if you go to a convention in either Michigan, Illinois, or Ohio and doing one of the Cosplays listed above feel free to contact me and I can arrange a photoshoot with you.

Short notice but I am going to Youmacon 2015 at Downtown Detroit, Michigan this coming weekend. Also I usually go to Shuto Con in Lansing, Michigan and the Jafax con which is in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I may go to Colossal Con near Sandusky, Ohio this coming year and perhaps Anime Central in Chicago.

Ron Cauvin (Smithers456)
Cosplay Photographer
Guild Vice Captain  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 am
User Image

i finally recieved my schedule for this year owo
friday i will be shooting with kieran for her new music video at 2.
then rave (i will be performing)
i will be excusing myself from the con from 10:30-4 or 5 on saturday morning/afternoon, then performing at rave that night
and sunday i will finally have a break o.o
in the meantime im fighting off allergies and sinus infections xD

User Image

kyari cloudcakes

Tipsy Phantom

15,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 am
kyari cloudcakes

Hi Kyari,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling the best. I have been dealing with sinus problems as well. I will be going to Youmacon 2015 on Saturday Oct 31st, Halloween, my Birthday!! I plan on bringing with me both my Luna Plushie and my "Sailor Moon - Moon Stick" prop. smile When I come across Sailor Moon series scouts and especially Sailor Moon herself I will have them pose with my Luna Plushie, the Moon Stick, or both. The Moon Stick is really cool. It lights up, flashes colors, and on one setting it replays in Japanese Sailor Moon using the Moon Stick against one of the Rainbow Crystal Monsters. smile

I'm going to be getting Cristina Vee's Autograph at 8pm. I'm so excited to get her autograph because Cristina is the English Voice Actress for Sailor Mars on the new Blu Ray sets of the 1st season of Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R. I got in the Mail Monday the 2nd half of Sailor Moon R on Blu Ray. Wow!! It's released officially Tuesday Oct 27th, today!!. I pre ordered Sailor Moon R that's why it's in my hands already. Sailor Mars is my favorite Scout, Btw. smile

Kyari are you still going to be Cosplaying Queen Serenity on Saturday? If so it would be an honor to meet you briefly and take a couple of photos. I will be available between 5pm and 7pm and then after getting Cristina's autograph I will be available again from 9pm to Midnight. If you are free during either of those time periods as I mentioned I would really like to meet you, a Guild Member, for the First Time!! Any photos that I take of you I would gladly post on the Guild for the rest of the members to see. If those times are not good their will be other opportunities to meet in the future.

Also are you getting Cristina Vee's autograph? If so that may be an opportunity to meet. Then we could talk while waiting in line. In any case if you would like to meet both my brother (Who is going with me to the Con) and I please let me know when at where at the con on Saturday. We can work something out because I have been going to Youmacon since 2009 and know the layout of both Cobo Hall and the Renaissance Center pretty good.

I will be Cosplaying Syaoran from the Anime series "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" and my brother will be Cosplaying OB1 Kanobi from Star Wars (He will be wearing OB1's Tan Desert Outfit). My Avi here on the Guild is currently dressed up in a Syaoran Cosplay Outfit and if you go to my Deviant Art page's "My Cosplay's" Photo Gallery you can see photos of me dressed up as Syaoran. Their is a link to my Deviant Art page on my Gaia Online Signature. That way if we meet up you will know what I look like. I will be wearing Syaoran's Green full cape and I will have the Moon Stick and my Luna Plushie in a Tinkerbell Gift bag. With all that info I shouldn't be hard to find. Of course if you are dressed up as Queen Serenity it will make it very easy for me to spot you.

So please let me know what you think of all of this. No pressure at all but as I mentioned it would be an honor to meet you. One Sailor Moon fan meeting another Sailor Moon fan. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:28 pm
smithers456
kyari cloudcakes

Hi Kyari,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling the best. I have been dealing with sinus problems as well. I will be going to Youmacon 2015 on Saturday Oct 31st, Halloween, my Birthday!! I plan on bringing with me both my Luna Plushie and my "Sailor Moon - Moon Stick" prop. smile When I come across Sailor Moon series scouts and especially Sailor Moon herself I will have them pose with my Luna Plushie, the Moon Stick, or both. The Moon Stick is really cool. It lights up, flashes colors, and on one setting it replays in Japanese Sailor Moon using the Moon Stick against one of the Rainbow Crystal Monsters. smile

I'm going to be getting Cristina Vee's Autograph at 8pm. I'm so excited to get her autograph because Cristina is the English Voice Actress for Sailor Mars on the new Blu Ray sets of the 1st season of Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R. I got in the Mail Monday the 2nd half of Sailor Moon R on Blu Ray. Wow!! It's released officially Tuesday Oct 27th, today!!. I pre ordered Sailor Moon R that's why it's in my hands already. Sailor Mars is my favorite Scout, Btw. smile

Kyari are you still going to be Cosplaying Queen Serenity on Saturday? If so it would be an honor to meet you briefly and take a couple of photos. I will be available between 5pm and 7pm and then after getting Cristina's autograph I will be available again from 9pm to Midnight. If you are free during either of those time periods as I mentioned I would really like to meet you, a Guild Member, for the First Time!! Any photos that I take of you I would gladly post on the Guild for the rest of the members to see. If those times are not good their will be other opportunities to meet in the future.

Also are you getting Cristina Vee's autograph? If so that may be an opportunity to meet. Then we could talk while waiting in line. In any case if you would like to meet both my brother (Who is going with me to the Con) and I please let me know when at where at the con on Saturday. We can work something out because I have been going to Youmacon since 2009 and know the layout of both Cobo Hall and the Renaissance Center pretty good.

I will be Cosplaying Syaoran from the Anime series "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" and my brother will be Cosplaying OB1 Kanobi from Star Wars (He will be wearing OB1's Tan Desert Outfit). My Avi here on the Guild is currently dressed up in a Syaoran Cosplay Outfit and if you go to my Deviant Art page's "My Cosplay's" Photo Gallery you can see photos of me dressed up as Syaoran. Their is a link to my Deviant Art page on my Gaia Online Signature. That way if we meet up you will know what I look like. I will be wearing Syaoran's Green full cape and I will have the Moon Stick and my Luna Plushie in a Tinkerbell Gift bag. With all that info I shouldn't be hard to find. Of course if you are dressed up as Queen Serenity it will make it very easy for me to spot you.

So please let me know what you think of all of this. No pressure at all but as I mentioned it would be an honor to meet you. One Sailor Moon fan meeting another Sailor Moon fan. smile

User Image

yes! i will be doing queen serenity on saturday! and taking photos would be fun!are you going to the sailor moon shoot? i believe its between 5:30-6:00

User Image

kyari cloudcakes

Tipsy Phantom

15,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:22 am
kyari cloudcakes
smithers456
kyari cloudcakes

Hi Kyari,

User Image

yes! i will be doing queen serenity on saturday! and taking photos would be fun!are you going to the sailor moon shoot? i believe its between 5:30-6:00

User Image

Greetings Kyari,

Here is the Con Schedule that I just checked out:

1. Official Con Sailor Moon Photoshoot - Yes I'm going to Youmacon 2015's official photoshoot.
It's at 5:30pm to 6:30pm, Sat Oct, 31st, Halloween
Renaissance Center - Wintergarden Audiamo Mural location.

Back in 2013 I was at the Official Youmacon Sailor Moon Photoshoot. I went around the Wintergarden before hand rounding up sailor scouts and letting them know where the photoshoot was going to be. I was one of the main Cosplay Photographers at the shoot. My Luna Plushie was in many of the shots and poses throughout the photoshoot. Luna was a big hit, especially for the Chibiusa Cosplayers at the photoshoot. One of them put Luna on her head. It was so cute. That Photoshoot is on my Deviant Art page Gallery.

2. Possible Mini Photoshoot with you (Kyari) at approximately 6pm or 6:30pm, depending on when the Con's Sailor Moon Official Photoshoot is finished. If possible we may be able to turn the photoshoot into a group one if other Sailor Moon series Cosplayers gather around you. smile I would prefer to do a one on one mini photoshoot with you. smile If the photoshoot becomes a group one it will be my first group photoshoot.

I have only taken Cosplay Photos of 2 Queen Serenity Cosplayers in the past. I'm sure that you will look wonderful. I will have my Luna Plushie and the Sailor Moon - Moon Stick from season 1 part 2 with me. Both my Plushie and the Moon Stick can be used in the photoshoot. I put my Moon Stick together on Monday and it works just fine. It lights up, does sound, and on one setting it replays the voices of a fight between Sailor Moon and one of the monsters.

3. Cristina Vee Autograph Session -
It's at 8pm to 10pm, Sat Oct 31st, Halloween
Second Floor Cobo Hall at the "Michigan Hall B" Autograph Section A.
I will be waiting in that line approximately 7pm or 7:30pm. I can't wait to meet Cristina. I have both of the Blu Ray limited edition booklets that I'm going to have Cristina sign on the Sailor Mars page of the booklets. If you are going to the same autograph session it would be nice to wait in line together. Then we can talk and get to know each other better. Being the Vice Captain of the Guild and the Guild's Official Cosplay Photographer it would be my pleasure to meet one of our Guilds members. I will post the best photos on the Guild and do an official Otaku News report on the con and the two of us meeting.

Please read over everything carefully and then let me know if 6pm or 6:30pm will be a good time to meet up and take some photos.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain  
Midwest Conventions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas