Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Mentor PRP] Finally ( Hel / Leo ) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:26 am
Well, at least her pirate dreams had come true. Sort of. Making her way into the reaper dorm's gardens, Leo figured that was one thing she could be proud of in the mess things always seemed to become; Egg was doing great, better than great - now no longer an egg, or even a chick, but instead a fully grown minipet that'd even learned to sit on her shoulder! Like a proper pirate would have, arr.

Finding the meeting spot, the ghoul sat down crosslegged and let Egg jump into her lap. The Corvus seemed to have picked up a lot of things from the fruttens, some better than others. She could truthfully say that she had a happy, healthy and loving bird, Leo thought to herself with a smile as she smoothed over Egg's feathers. She'd managed that much in the wake of her mother's death, at least.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucyal
OvO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:35 am
Every day was an awesome day in Hel's book--well, except when one of your bros didn't tell you he got married MANY OCTOBERS AFTER THE FACT--Shun---but today was even more of an exceptional day. She'd gotten a message from her other little mentee, Leo, who had dropped off the radar for a bit. Well kind of dropped off. Hel was nosy--curious--concerned, okay, nosy, and she had used her connections within the Trick or Treater Coalition to at least get an idea of where Leo had disappeared to. Just to make sure she was still in one piece, and she was, which was the most important.

But today was exceptional.

Luckily, she just happened to be spending the week with her beau, which was good, because in her excitement, she didn't even bother getting properly dressed. The reaper all but flew from one of the third story reaper dorm windows, clad in nothing more than some reaper boil boxers and a boil's t-shirt with some game reference on it she had no idea about--or cared. Hel swung down from the ledge of the window, and then kept dropping from one ledge to the next until she reached the reaper dorm garden's stone fence. Her bare feet hit the stone, and once she was on she was running across the top of the wall until her target came into sight.

"LEOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The reaper exclaimed, and that was all the poor student had in warning before Hel leapt from the stone wall and threw herself at the ghoul--and poor Egg.

Ephebe
Sorry Leo OuO <333

Not sorry

Lucyal
Crew

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:08 pm
She squawked, Egg squawked, a lot of squawking was going on as the Mare found herself bombarded by one very enthusiastic Reaper. Quite literally. "Fhbhhhk!" Leo toppled over with an undignified noise and Egg made her escape to a nearby bush, feathers puffed and quite ruffled.

"Hel!" Leo grinned, sprawled in the grass, "heya?"

Lucyal
awww!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:38 am
Hel's arms were around her like a vice grip as they were in a heap in the grass. The reaper squeezed the ghoul tightly, utterly estatic to see her again and to have her in her grasp. After a moment Hel sat up, resting on her knees as she held Leo by the shoulders, and dark red eyes took in her appearance, looking her over and pleased to see that she was in one piece.

"So glad to see you!" Hel exclaimed. "You dropped off the face of Halloween almost and I was concerned!" She grinned regardless.

Ephebe

Lucyal
Crew

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:46 am
Leo gasped a huffing laugh at the tight squeeze, hugging back as well as she could. Following Hel's motions, she drew back up into a sit and waited as the older ghoul took her in.

"It's great to see you too," she smiled, a bit shy all of a sudden. "Thank you for the enthusiastic welcome back." It was good to be back with friends and it was nice knowing that she'd been missed, even if it did make her feel slightly guilty. This time though, it really couldn't have been helped, "yeah, I had some - family stuff."

A rueful laugh and a shake of her head, Leo elaborated, "well, I always call it family stuff, you know? And it always is, but this time... this time it was terrible." She paused for a moment, gathering the words and building up courage to say them out loud, "my mom died. It was-- it was an accident, just all out of the sudden and I, I just needed to go home, be with the rest of my family." Making sure that they were still there, at least, but she didn't say that out loud. There were a slight glassiness to her eyes that didn't quite manifest into tears.

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:48 am
"Well, ya--family stuff is important!" Not that she really knew that feeling anymore. She'd cut off the majority of her family and adopted new ones. Much smaller than before, and there was always a great distance between her and them now, with the occasional touching base.

Hel was about to say something else, but Leo's words caught her by surprise. The reaper blinked, as if she couldn't comprehend it. While death wasn't entirely unheard of, it was still rare that it occurred. "...What happened?"

Ephebe

Lucyal
Crew

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:33 pm
"Her and my dad decided to do a romantic getaway to the mountains, camping out, all private and away from others and such." She grimaced at the word 'private'. "Well, they went mountain climbing one day and the safety measures gave up a good way up the mountain. Dad only tumbled a little bit, but mom..." Leo swallowed and balled her fists, "it took a while to find her, and when they did... the damage had just been too great for her to regenerate, and there were no FEAR healers nearby to help the regeneration along."

Sometimes, she'd wondered if this was the price for her misdeeds. If the things she'd done as an Initiate had somehow brought this on her family. Mostly she tried not to think about that. "It was just a stupid accident you know? It would've been find if they'd chosen somewhere closer to civilization, somewhere closer to a FEAR healer or, or with more people to help search for her. But they had to go somewhere secluded." She scowled, not noticing the fine tremors going through her body. They were grown-ups, not scarelings - how could they have made such a jacking stupid mistake?

Egg flew over to her shoulder, nuzzling her hair and cawing softly. Well, as softly as cawing could be, anyhow. Consciously relaxing her hands from their tight grip and taking a deep breath, Leo reached up to gently scratch the corvus under it's chin.
Lucyal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:29 am
Hel frowned as she listened, her brows knitting deeply. Well that ******** sucked. Too far from anything, huh? Apparently it was too far from a pumpkin patch too...and just incredibly unlucky. Damaged so much so there was no hope of self-recovery, but not so much that she could have instantly dissipated to spawn somewhere else.

"...Ya. It was a stupid accident. A very unlucky and unfortunate stupid accident." Hel agreed solemnly. "I am so sorry, Leo." She reached out and wrapped her arms around the ghoul tightly again, this time mindful of the Corvus, who was full grown. While the reaper was always one to get down to business, she was not so insensitive as to not give Leo the proper grief and mourning moment she so rightly deserved.

Ephebe
I'M SO SORRY FOR THE DELAYS

Lucyal
Crew

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:57 pm
Leo leaned into the hug, taking a shuddering breaths as she did so. She still wasn't crying, but it was a close call, nose red and eyes likewise.

A few long, silent moments and then she gently pulled away, throwing the older ghoul a watery but grateful smile. "Thanks Hel, you're the best." She straightened her back, put her chin forward and attempted to change the subject to something happier; "so, what's for today's mentor lesson?"

Lucyal
NO WORRIES AT ALL, take all the time you need : D There's no rush!! heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:14 pm
Hel gave her one more squeeze before letting her go, and couldn't help but grin in reply. "Ya. I know." She cackled, and since Leo made the effort to try and move forward, she would as well.

"Right!" Hel smakced a fist into her open palm. Her eyes shot over to the mini, which was full grown and looking incredibly healthy and well. It was also great to see that it had developed an already strong bond with Leo. "Yanno...I kind of had this game plan in my head for my mentees, but then, working with one named Xavier, it reminded me that I did not need to stick to something specific! On the fly mentoring, tailored to your needs!" She grinned. "But first thing is first! Let us work on training your mini!"

The reaper snapped her fingers to get the Corvus' attention, and then looked over at Leo. "This part is rather simple. The mini already has the instinct to retrieve and deliver, but it just needs to be awakened after successful attempts! Get it's attention, and then tell it to retrieve something--" Hel looked around, and then pointed at a nearby tree. "Could be anything, but to make it simple, tell it something like 'an orange leaf'! Also tell it to retrieve something from your dorm, too! Also anything else you can think of!"

Quote:

What to do:
-In one post, roll 2d20
-The first dice is your success in getting the mini's attention. 1 - 4 and 16 - 20 is NOT successful. The mini doesn't pay attention. 5 - 15 is a success.
-The second dice is the success of the mini actually completing the task. 1 - 8 is a fail. The mini doesn't bring back what you requested, or it flies around aimlessly before returning. Or it looks at you like you're crazy. 9 - 20 is a success.

-To successfully complete this training, both dice must be SUCCESSES. It also must be done THREE TIMES. Not in a row though. Just three times.

Quote me when finished with this task for the next one!

Ephebe
Noooo must reply now /touches Leo <333

Lucyal
Crew

Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-40)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:10 pm
"Yes!" She gave a thumbs up with a smile and sniffled. Egg's attention was quickly grabbed by Hel's finger-snap - a trick Leo would have to remember - and the corvus cawed, moving restlessly on her shoulder.

"Alright, I'll give it a go." Egg seemed eager for something to happen, so that was a plus at least. She tried to snap her fingers a couple of times, but the minipet seemed to be focused on Hel, not her. Okaaaay then.

"Egg?" Reaching up with a hand, she gave the bird a gentle poke - the response was an indignant caw and a side-eyed look of betrayal before her minipet flew off to the nearest bush, where it settled on the top branch, feathers slightly ruffled and attention wandering pointedly to anything that wasn't Leo.

"Maybe a command..." She murmured, nodding to herself. That might be what was needed. "Egg, fetch a twig!" Was 'retrieve' better than fetch? It might be, because even her helpful pointing towards the twiggiest area of the garden didn't seem to arouse any action in the corvus courier. Yep, this was a total failure.  
Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 1 Total: 20 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:18 pm
But Leo wasn't a quitter! Snapping her fingers went better this time, although the motion was still slightly clumsy. She'd have to practice that.

"Egg, retrieve a twig!" Her voice was raised slightly - not too loud, just more assertive. Well, that was the idea, anyway. It didn't seem to be doing much for Egg, anyhow.  

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-40)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:22 pm
She was still determined though. Hel said they could do this, and Leo really wanted to do her mentor proud. One, two finger snaps and finally Egg turned to look at her, studying her intently.

"Egg, retrieve a twig!" Unfortunately studying her intently seemed all the minipet was keen on doing, for a long moment - before it turned away to begin preening itself.

The mare sighed, tugging on a loc; "at least it's progress, I guess."  
Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:28 pm
A quick finger snap - she was getting better! - quickly interrupted Egg's preening, grabbing its attention and holding it on Leo. Okay, this was definitely progress! Perking up, she pointed towards the part of the garden that seemed to have the most twigs scattered about, and triumphantly commanded "Egg, retrieve a twig!"

It almost seemed as if the corvus was going to do it too; it followed the direction of her finger with its eyes, before setting off from the branch.

And then proceeding to circle her and Hel three times before landing on another branch, puffed up with pride.

So close and yet so far.  

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 9 Total: 16 (2-40)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 am
Well third time is the charm! Or was this the fourth? A quick count revealed that it was actually the fifth, so - fifth time is the charm! Leo cheered in her own head, determined not to get put out so quickly. And in any case, this was a great distraction from the subject matter of her's and Hel's previous conversation.

Sufficiently cheered up, she turned to face Egg, snapping her fingers with what she felt was an appropriately authoritative body language and when the minipet focused on her, commanding "Egg, retrieve a twig!"

And lo and behold, the corvus courier did! A quick n** towards the closest twig, an elegant pick-up (if you asked Leo, anyhow) and Egg was flying back to its owner, depositing the twig neatly in her hand. "Egg!" It was an exclamation of joy, and she ran her fingers over the minipet's feathers, gently scratching it where it liked to be scratched. "Good ghoul! You're awesome! Fantastic!"

She'd loved her minipet before it could retrieve things, so this was just an added bonus - but a really cool added bonus! And Egg looked so proud of its achievement, Leo couldn't help but lavish it with murmured praises in a slightly babyish voice.

Quote:
one out of three items retrieved!

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas