Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Convention Bags

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:35 am
Hi, all!!!

What do you usually bring with you to a convention? Do you bring a cosplay first-aid kit... snack... something weird and random?

For me, I always bring extra snacks (I'm apparently a monster when I'm hungry. I have been mandated to bring more food than I think I need), duct tape, safety pins, my camera (of course!), and wallet. I have a blue sheep plush named Sticky Rice that often comes with me, too. My friends and I all bought these plush sheep at Fanime. We don't live in the same state, so we'll take pictures of them and send them to each other. It's quite fun!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:07 pm
I usually bring my purse and two bags, one for necessities like extra pairs of clothes, snacks, water, safety pins, bobby pins, hair brush, and other things. And my other bag is for all my cosplays that I can fit in it along with shoes and props (If they can fit) But yeah :>

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:08 pm
Usually in my con bag, I'll have:

- something small for lunch(usually a tin of vienna sausages, pudding or a fruit cup) or snacks(peanut butter crackers or cookies, peanuts)
- toothbrush/toothpaste and deodorant, just in case
- electronics(phone, tablet, and/or handheld and plugs for same)
- pens
- loose change, usually carried in a ziploc bag
- camera with batteries and memory card for same(note to self, I should consider buying a new camera before Katsucon...)
- program book/schedule
- stuff to have autographed(optional)
- pens/Sharpies
- a comb
- hand sanitizer
- wallet, hidden away

That's all I can think of at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:50 pm
OnsenMark

- something small for lunch(usually a tin of vienna sausages, pudding or a fruit cup) or snacks(peanut butter crackers or cookies, peanuts)
- pens
- camera with batteries and memory card for same(note to self, I should consider buying a new camera before Katsucon...)
- program book/schedule
- pens/Sharpies
- a comb
- hand sanitizer
- wallet, hidden away

I'm curious. How large is this bag and is it a problem carrying it around the convention. Or is this a bag that stays in your hotel room, if you have to, at times when you need to have your hands free. I've seen some convention goers wear back packs. What do you think about that?

Your list of items is great. The only thing that seems to be missing is water.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm
smithers456
OnsenMark

- pens
- program book/schedule
- pens/Sharpies
- a comb
- hand sanitizer
- wallet, hidden away

I'm curious. How large is this bag and is it a problem carrying it around the convention. Or is this a bag that stays in your hotel room, if you have to, at times when you need to have your hands free. I've seen some convention goers wear back packs. What do you think about that?

Your list of items is great. The only thing that seems to be missing is water.

It's actually a decent-sized messenger bag; if I still had a laptop, I could carry it around in my con bag, if I wanted.

And it does have mesh pockets to carry bottles on each side of my bag, so I could carry water if needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:49 am
Also, for funsies, here's the flap of my con bad, covered in pins(almost):

https://instagram.com/p/9WZKnzoG08/

I think I have a problem. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Llarian

Valiant Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:49 pm
OnsenMark
Also, for funsies, here's the flap of my con bad, covered in pins(almost):

https://instagram.com/p/9WZKnzoG08/

I think I have a problem. sweatdrop

I see no problem there. It's awesome how close they're clustered together! I love seeing other people's pins at conventions. Some people cover their badge lanyard with them - that's really fun, too.

I pack a suitcase with the following:
-Underwear/Socks/Etc. [the obvious!]
-Cosplay [wigs, shirts, jackets, pants, compression vests]
-Toiletries [comb, shampoo bar, shower gel, toothbrush & paste, moisturizers/conditioners]
-Makeup [eyeliner, mascara, matte eyeshadow, angle brush, blush brush, bronzer or gouache as needed, if my brows should match my wig in some strange color]
-Designated plastic laundry bag
-Extra garbage bags [I always bring these to centralize the enormous amount of garbage generated in one con weekend! As the hotel maids have a matter of minutes to straighten each room, it's only fair to them. If needed, they can also be used for emergency rain protection.]

For walking around the con, I make sure to have the following in my bag:
-Cash/Photo ID/Debit Card
-Mirror
-Blush brush and translucent powder [to combat oil shine!]
-Lip balm
-Small gifts for my friends [much easier to just be able to hand it to them when I see them, than having to coordinate a meetup later!]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:29 pm
I bring several bags when I pack. I have a luggage bag, a food bag, and a con bag. The con bag is as it says, the bag I bring with my to the con. I pack more than enough snacks to last through the day, though I always pick a hotel with a breakfast and always have a proper dinner. As I get older, sitting down at a proper meal becomes more and more important. It's a good way to take a proper break, away from the EVERYTHING.
I usually pack a few sweet snacks, a few savory/salty snacks, and something more filling because I'm not sure if I'd want to stop for lunch. Usually the latter is beef jerky.
I also pack my charger, one or two battery packs, a set of comfortable, cool clothes (sometimes street clothes, sometimes a simple backup cosplay), hoodie and/or umbrella, water bottle, a small sewing kit (which I have yet to actually need, surprisingly. Usually I need to fix my prop or just change to something more comfortable), drink mixes (if I feel like drinking something other than plain water), pen/pencil and paper, band-aids, tape, toothpicks (which have been surprisingly helpful in the past), and a pair of ear buds. My bag is also usually only half full when I head out because I like to ensure I have room in case I want to change or buy something, etc).
My bag used to be a messenger bag until the snap on it ripped in a way that I couldn't fix it. Now I use an oversized camping bag.

I really like the idea of having a "mascot" to take pictures at the con. Always thought that the generic "this is what the con is like" pics were not interesting. I have a crab plush that I plan to start bringing to Otakon, though I'm not sure if they still use Crabby (since they are technically no longer in Maryland). Also, I should pack duct tape or mounting tape. Otakon cosplay help room (can't remember what they call it) a few years back said that mounting tape is a need-to-pack item for putting armor back onto a costume. I bought some, but have promptly lost it and need to find where I put it.  

slapthefatcat2

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items