Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Creation Apologetics
Four-Legged Snake Fossil Found In Museum

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 am
Four-Legged Snake Fossil Found In Museum

The Bible offers a very good explanation of why snakes lost their legs.

Genesis 3:14
So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

No need to insert millions of years and evolution to figure out why or how.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:06 am
Garland-Green

Wow surprised exclaim heart

Did you share this as a comment already underneath the article?
That's surely a perspective that needs to be proclaimed.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 am
cristobela
Garland-Green

Wow surprised exclaim heart

Did you share this as a comment already underneath the article?
That's surely a perspective that needs to be proclaimed.

I did per your suggestion. ^_^ God is amazing. We should expect to see these things because we know the Bible to be true.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm
I'm going to be honest....I never understood why snakes in general had to be punished. Yes Satan took the form of a serpent to tempt Eve, but the Bible doesn't say that the other snakes tempted her. I do believe that for some reason they deserved it since God doesn't give unjust punishments, but it'd be nice to know why (if we're meant to).  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:25 pm
OtakuKat
I'm going to be honest....I never understood why snakes in general had to be punished. Yes Satan took the form of a serpent to tempt Eve, but the Bible doesn't say that the other snakes tempted her. I do believe that for some reason they deserved it since God doesn't give unjust punishments, but it'd be nice to know why (if we're meant to).

Satan may have entered into the snake (look at the demons called Legion that Jesus cast out in Mark 5 and Luke 8.), and inspired it but the impression I have is that the snake allowed it to happen because God said; "because you have done this..."

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

It is possible that this was the first serpent that was created, and so in a similar sense as with Adam he was the head of his kind (1 Corinthians 15:22). The representative of all of his kind if you will, so when he caused Adam to fall with deception it affected everyone after him. I am just theorizing, because the Bible is silent on why all the other serpents where punished and not just this particular serpent but it seems to me to be a fair guess.

For those who are interested in reading the verses dealing with the serpent;
Genesis 3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:19 pm
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

Satan may have entered into the snake (look at the demons called Legion that Jesus cast out in Mark 5 and Luke 8.), and inspired it but the impression I have is that the snake allowed it to happen because God said; "because you have done this..."

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

It is possible that this was the first serpent that was created, and so in a similar sense as with Adam he was the head of his kind (1 Corinthians 15:22). The representative of all of his kind if you will, so when he caused Adam to fall with deception it affected everyone after him. I am just theorizing, because the Bible is silent on why all the other serpents where punished and not just this particular serpent but it seems to me to be a fair guess.

Genesis 3

In that case, would it have been possible for the animals in Eden to have self awareness? If the serpent allowed itself to be possessed, then it would have had to know what it was doing, at least to some extent.

Thanks for the reply. I know it's just a theory, but it makes sense to me.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:12 am
OtakuKat
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

Genesis 3

In that case, would it have been possible for the animals in Eden to have self awareness? If the serpent allowed itself to be possessed, then it would have had to know what it was doing, at least to some extent.

It seems to me as if God has put also in the animals not only a self awareness, but also a knowledge of right and wrong or at least a knowledge of not to kill humans*. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Exodus 21:28
"If a bull gores a man or woman to death, the bull is to be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible.

Genesis 9:5
And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

In the garden God addressed the snake. You don't talk to someone who does not understand and give them reasons why you are punishing them. It is unreasonable to demand that someone who can't reason should understand your reasons.

So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

Edit;
*As far as I know human beings are not natural prey to any predator.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:31 pm
Garland-Green
OtakuKat
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

Genesis 3

It seems to me as if God has put also in the animals not only a self awareness, but also a knowledge of right and wrong or at least a knowledge of not to kill humans*. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Exodus 21:28
"If a bull gores a man or woman to death, the bull is to be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible.

Genesis 9:5
And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

In the garden God addressed the snake. You don't talk to someone who does not understand and give them reasons why you are punishing them. It is unreasonable to demand that someone who can't reason should understand your reasons.

Edit;
*As far as I know human beings are not natural prey to any predator.

Oh wow...I think you're really on to something here. o.o I have never even heard of the first two verses before.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Creation Apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces