Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Entrance Hall
Happy Anniversary Hogwarts!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 pm
User Image

xxxx× × ×xxxxYes! That's right!xxxx× × ×xxxx
The guild is officially five years old! Five years of adventure, changes, people coming and going, and of course memories of characters new and old! As far as what's coming down the pipe as far as the guild, expect for some things to happen here soon!

xxxx× × ×xxxxAn event to celebrate the anniversary!xxxx× × ×xxxx

Yes, that's right. While many will remember the event that happened at the beginning of the guild summer, there is still something coming here soon, so please keep your eyes open and watch the excitement!

xxxx× × ×xxxxA new duelling system!xxxx× × ×xxxx

You heard correctly! There will be a duelling system that shall be implemented here shortly, in conjunction with the event.

xxxx× × ×xxxxA new spells list!xxxx× × ×xxxx

Yes! We plan on improving the spells list to include canon spells that we have discovered and to make the List of Knowledges more compliant. This way, there is no question as to when and how spells can be cast, so no more confusion!

xxxx× × ×xxxxA new profile skeleton!xxxx× × ×xxxx

No, this does not mean that you have to redo profiles and update to a new one! We have created a more in-depth profile skeleton for those that wish a better look into their characters. It's easy to use, and many thanks to the talented Cara MiaKitty for coming up with a version of her own skeleton for everyone to use!

xxxx× × ×xxxxAnd more to come!xxxx× × ×xxxx

We hope that every member, new and old, can get as much enjoyment as they can in the guild, and just remember, feedback is always appreciated! If you find something that possibly could be changed, please, send us a line! That way, we can know we're doing a good job, and where we still need to improve. It takes everyone to make a guild, so thank you for these five great years, and may we have more in the future!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxHAPPY ANNIVERSARY GAIS HERE'S ART STAFUxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxGODRIC GRYFFINDORxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHELGA HUFFLEPUFFxxx

User ImageUser Image  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm
HAVE ART DONE BY ME OF THE AWESOME RAVENCLAW AND SLYTHERIN.
please ignore the fact that Slytherin looks like a constipated chick
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxThe Foundersxxxx× × ×xxxx
(Or What Could Possibly Go Wrong When Choosing a Site for a School?)

“This is it!”

The other three individuals looked over at the man who had brought them to this remote location. The surf lapped at the shoreline of the ocean, and mountains ringed the area. It was small, barely large enough to set a small manor, let alone the school that they all knew they wanted to start. One man, dressed in green, looked with exasperation at the other as he had grinned and swept his arms out over the entire expanse.

“I hate to kill your enthusiasm-“

“Salazar, no you don’t.”

“All right, I don’t. However, this location is not a great place to have a school. It’s barely large enough to put Helga’s cottage, let alone what we’d need to have a school.” The man in green, Salazar Slytherin, tilted his head toward the man in red and rolled his eyes.

Godric Gryffindor barely noticed, instead looking like a kicked puppy as he looked over toward the two women with them. Helga Hufflepuff was trying to keep giggles behind a raised hand, while Rowena Ravenclaw shook her head and sighed. “Salazar, don’t be too hard on him. Godric did try at least.”

Godric snapped his fingers and smiled, and Salazar huffed in annoyance. “Helga’s right, Sal. I mean, it’s perfect!”

Rowena shook her head. “Salazar’s right, Godric. We can’t teach students if we don’t have enough room to actually teach. Think of how many students we want to teach in the future. All those bright minds and magical children all over the isles is-“

“All purebloods.” That caused the three other friends to look at Salazar and Helga shifted.
“You can’t discount the halfbloods and the magbobs Salazar.” Her tone sounded more like a mother gently scolding her child than a woman who was disagreeing with a friend.

Salazar huffed. “All right, the purebloods and the halfbloods then.”

Godric coughed. “You forgot the magbobs Sal.”

Salazar turned and glared at Godric. “What then? We allow every muggle in the isles to attend as well? That would certainly get the children lynched.”

Rowena shook her head at Salazar. “You know what? Perhaps this isn’t the right place, then. Maybe Helga can look next?”

xxxxxxxxx

Helga clapped her hands together as they appeared in the next location. She had scoured far and wide and the place she found was just off the Salisbury Plains. It was wide open, and you could see for miles around. Godric looked pleased, but yet again, Salazar looked sour at the location.

“This place is too wide open.”

Helga looked crestfallen, while Godric gave his best friend a look. “Didn’t you say that the location had to be bigger? This place is perfect!”

However, even Rowena was shaking her head. “It is also frequented by a lot of muggles, and with the current tensions between both peoples, it isn’t wise to keep ourselves so open like this.”

Salazar was nodding, while Godric snorted. “So we look for another place? How many other places are we going to look then? We have to find somewhere that is big enough, but is hidden away so that we may safely have students. That’s what I’m hearing from the both of you.”

“Yes, that is exactly what we are saying Godric. However, you must remember that this is for the future of wizardkind, not just to appease everyone. It must be perfect, otherwise we will never have students. Even those with questionable blood.” Salazar was pinching the bridge of his nose, ready to snap, but managing to keep his calm.

Godric snorted. “Bring them! We can hold off any threat to our students, and we all know this. Why, just the other day I know Salazar managed to turn several muggles into gerbils. Granted, I had to turn them back, but still! We all happen to be accomplished wizards that can teach what we know, and if we admit just the ones willing to fight for the right to learn-“

Helga coughed, aware that this was going to turn into another fight between the two best friends. “You know, perhaps another place would be better then. I dearly wish that we could use this location though. It is open, just as I wish the school to be.”

Godric sighed. “All right then Sal. Why don’t you find a suitable place to teach then?”

xxxxxxxxx

The gloom was thick in the air, and Helga shifted closer to Godric as she swore she saw something move in the shadows. “This is where Salazar wishes to teach?”

Indeed, Godric and Rowena looked apprehensive at the other man’s choice. It was a vast tangled forest, dark and foreboding, and Salazar nodded firmly. “Yes, this would be perfect. Clear away a portion of the forest, make a good foundation, and the muggles would never think twice to come here. There are plenty of werewolves and hippogriffs and serpents and dragons-“

Rowena’s eyebrows lifted in surprise. “Dragons? Salazar, even if we are the most talented individuals in our time, that does not mean that we can fend off dragons! The very notion is ridiculous!”

Godric came to his friend’s defence. “What’s so bad about facing dragons? I mean, it will test the mettle of our students and encourage them to be brave in the face of danger. I like this idea!”

Salazar shook his head, already seeing that his friend would lead every student into battle with dragons and lose. “Fine. Rowena, dear lady, why don’t you choose the next location?”

xxxxxxxxx

It was months before Rowena called the four friends together again, and they stood upon a cliff. A forest lay behind them, while the area itself was wide open. Helga looked around herself, already seeing the mountains close by, but not encircling the area they had found. In fact, it was probably just what everyone was looking for.

“Will this place do?”

The other three blinked and looked at Rowena carefully. Salazar took a good look around and nodded, already liking what seemed like a good defensible position from what he knew was coming. Helga was also nodding, her eyes taking in the sight of how open and free the area seemed to be. Godric was already appraising the area and had seen the forest nearby, and one could almost hear the cogs turning as he was possibly imagining the things that he could take students on for a grand adventure.

Rowena nodded and smiled, her expression satisfied. “Well then, good. Now, I have some ideas about the castle we are to build. I mean, who could go wrong with moving staircases?”

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:57 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxChocolate Frog Cards!xxxx× × ×xxxx
These cards were made to celebrate the crew members who have contributed greatly to the guild's success.

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Entrance Hall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash