Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Why Does Evil Exist?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonFang09

Devoted Friend

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:03 pm
For a while now, I've been thinking about all the evil in the world. One question I have is why is there so much evil in the world? Another is if everything was good and perfect when God first created the world, why didn't he eradicate evil before it had a chance to take root and grow? Why didn't He just destroy Lucifer and his minions before they had a chance to corrupt mankind?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:23 am
God would never force anyone to worship him, he would never stop us from existing before we got a chance to be saved by the sacrifice made by Jesus. We have to choose to be saved, and though it may be a struggle in a world like this, didn't Jesus struggle? The bible tells us to be like Jesus and struggle in the lord to spread his love and light. The devil however wants to make the existence of every man miserable, especially the ones who love Jesus, but when we have god's guidance and total faith in him, no struggle is too great to face. So even when good people witness lies and wickedness around them, or even aimed towards them, they get a chance to expose goodness to the world by responding with the holy spirit in their words. God agrees that evil should never exist, so when it is all done and his people are delivered, he will totally annihilate the devil and the sinners who choose not to worship him. Any evidence of sin will disappear from the world/universe and then a new kingdom will be established far greater than Eden was first, and his followers will be granted eternal life.

Lucifer is kind of an example to the universe abut what sin actually is. Wickedness never existed before lucifer so i doubt that god would just destroy one of his most powerful angels without explaining first.

So when you struggle as a christian in a wicked world, don't forget to expose your goodness every now and then, try and establish god into who you are and want to be. Never fear the evil in the world because nothing should get in the way of your choice, your existence is too important to be afraid all the time. Life here is a struggle, and struggle gives us a chance to learn about how we actually should feel and respond to a topic or circumstance, take a chance to understand what struggles wicked people may face, perhaps hate is more convincing than love, they may be seeking satisfaction in something they cant attain, and their lifestyle might make them miserable and hopeless. All people struggle, and sometimes they need to be offered love and guidance, so never assume things, always seek the light, and deposit your knowledge of god in places where he's absent, make an example of brave struggle, avoid wickedness, and never hate people.

I'm Cristalia, hope you have a nice day, if you would like to ask just ask and i will respond, or message me if you want.  

Bloopercat

Floppy Star

5,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MeleKeli

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:08 am
Aloha!

Well... here's my attempt at answering your question...

God gave the Angels, Adam and Eve free will. I'm sure God could have created a bunch of robots that would go around and say, "Praise God!" "Halleluia!" "Love You Lord." But God gave them/us free will so there would be a choice to be righteous and a choice to follow/love God. But with free will, God also created opposites. Day/Night, love/hate, humility/pride, good/evil, etc. With every choice that was made, things could have gone one way or the other and being God, He knew what would happen with every possibility. So, Lucifer (Satan) decides (in his pride, btw) that he wants to be God. He hypes himself up so much that even 1/3 of all the angels believed Satan's sales pitch. Then, of course it came down to a battle and in the end, Satan and his 1/3 of the angels were cast out of Heaven and fell hard.

Then Satan sees the Lord creating Adam and Eve and decides to make another evil plan.

Remember that the Lord gave both Adam and Eve a choice (because they had free will). They had only one rule while tending the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:15-17) 15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Adam and Eve chose to eat the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. That was mankind's first sin and because of that sin, there were consequences... grave consequences. The choices didn't get better with Cain when he chose to murder his brother Abel.

Our world is now a world where sin reigns. There's no way we ever could have been good enough to make it into Heaven. That's why Christ died and took the burden of all our sins. Without Him, we're totally and completely lost without hope. Sadly, bad things happen to good people. I know over the years I've told the Lord that if I happen to see Eve or Adam, I'd like to give em one smack. But then I realize, I can't cast the first stone because I'm far from perfect.

Well, here I go talking story for SOOOO long! Hope what I shared helps. At least, it's how this sistah has tried to figure things out over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:30 pm
DragonFang09
For a while now, I've been thinking about all the evil in the world. One question I have is why is there so much evil in the world? Another is if everything was good and perfect when God first created the world, why didn't he eradicate evil before it had a chance to take root and grow? Why didn't He just destroy Lucifer and his minions before they had a chance to corrupt mankind?

You ask a significantly important question.

Have you ever heard of Alvin Plantinga?

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

DragonFang09

Devoted Friend

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:35 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
DragonFang09

No, I've never heard of him before. Who is he?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:05 pm
DragonFang09
Scarlet_Teardrops
DragonFang09

No, I've never heard of him before. Who is he?

Alvin Plantinga is a highly intelligent, well-respected Christian philosopher. He wrote a book that tackles the issue of evil. Its title is God, Freedom, and Evil. I would recommend that you read that book. It's only about $15 on Amazon. Do you have the money for that? He uses the free will argument.

There are other ways to deal with the problem of evil, too. Have you ever heard of the Best Possible World theodicy?

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:37 pm
DragonFang09

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information you have received or if you need more. I have a particular interest in Apologetics and would be more than happy to continue discussing this issue with you.

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games