Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
The Creation Center

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biblical_Counselor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 am
My new site : http://thecreationcenter.boards.net/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:01 pm
Creation_Today
My new site : http://thecreationcenter.boards.net/

Thank you for sharing this!

I watched about half of the "Evolution vs. God" movie. I'm stunned by how little these students seem to know about evolution and logic in general. First of all, they seem to assume that Darwinian evolution is the only theory under the umbrella of the theory of evolution. It's not. In fact, it has been rejected by many scientists in favor of other explanations, all under the evolutionary theory umbrella of course. Second, they seem to be unable to think for themselves. Believing something because a professor or textbook says something? What?! Don't they call religious people the "sheep"? Third, some of them made the mistake of even saying that we came from monkeys. What?! Homo sapiens share a common ancestor, supposedly, with apes. They didn't come from "monkeys", which are different from apes. This makes human beings a kind of primate.

Their education is woefully inadequate. I've been doing research on evolution and evolutionary theory for some time now and cannot believe that these biology students know less about evolutionary theory than a theologian...

The video did demonstrate one important fact, though: there are no known intermediary fossils, save a handful such as Archeopteryx, and there's no guarantee that it was actually an intermediary creature. This is why scientists like Stephen Jay Gould rejected Darwin's form of evolutionary theory (time+natural selection) and theorized other ways that evolution may have taken place, such as the Punctuated Equilibrium theory. Darwin's form is still popular. But it doesn't have much evidence to support it.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces