Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S/Q] Spotlight awards Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the spotlight awards be brought back?
Yes!
58%
 58%  [ 18 ]
No!
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Gold!
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:41 pm
Hello! -waves-

Simply and to the point, I was wondering if there was any plan to bring back the monthly pet and teepee spotlight awards, and if not, to suggest it. I particularly enjoyed looking through the pet spotlight winners each month and thought it was another great way to reward people who were really focused on plotting and rping that month but perhaps weren't ready or planning to try for an elder position with that character. It wouldn't necessarily have to happen monthly if that was too time consuming. If staff members have enough time and there's enough interest, I'd really be interested in seeing them brought back n_n. Suggestions for updates or changes to the old system and any respectful feedback is also welcome.

Thanks for reading!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:23 pm
I never got my stuff from the last time they had it. One of my ponies won but I never received my "trophy." ):  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:29 pm
XBlind-DarknessX
I never got my stuff from the last time they had it. One of my ponies won but I never received my "trophy." ):

Me neither xD Actually that was what brought the thought on, I was updating my teepee and looking to see if I had Vorpal's trophy from when he won and ended up in the thread for spotlights. Hence, this post ;3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:12 pm
Faithofthefallen

User Image

XBlind-DarknessX

Do you remember what soq you won with? O: I can't seem to find one for you, but I'm still digging

And this isn't an official staff answer, but I like the idea of celebrating the effort people put into their characters/plots. I'm brainstorming possibilities.  

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:20 pm
xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Faithofthefallen

User Image

XBlind-DarknessX

Do you remember what soq you won with? O: I can't seem to find one for you, but I'm still digging

And this isn't an official staff answer, but I like the idea of celebrating the effort people put into their characters/plots. I'm brainstorming possibilities.

Awww, thats amazing, thank you! I really appreciate you digging for it <3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:16 pm
This also isn't an official answer, but I know the most recent spotlight awards began as just a volunteer thing with Sya running them. She was told she could still continue running them when she no longer was on staff, but at present we don't officially have a spotlight or award to give out.

This doesn't mean that we can't make an official variation of it, or bring something similar back down the road. . . but I also know there were some issues and problems with the operational technicalities of the old system/award system, and I know I'd like to work out those kinks (or try to) if we bring them back.

I'll talk to staff about this and we'll get a conversation going. While we talk about it on the backend, I'd love to know if people are even interested in having this return.  

Uta

Shy Mage

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:25 pm
definitely interested in having it return - i brought this up with mind not long ago but it was before she got really sick so i think it was forgotten.

i think bringing it back would be great! I won once and it was such an awesome feeling. c:

i think prizes would be nice - maybe familiars or trading post items or even bonus stats!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:42 pm
Man, I always wanted a teepee spotlight. I'd love to see this return!  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 pm
xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Thank you for getting right on that Yuki! You rock! heart

Here is the link:
Spotlight Awards

I won with Prince Craevan Evarcrest. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:12 pm
I would love to see this happening again.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:04 am
I'd like to see them return as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 am
I'd love to see these come back again. <3  

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 am
Interesting! I didn't know that Sya was volunteering to do it. I can see that there would be issues with it. I think some sort of small prize would be another fun incentive, but I wouldn't mind at all if it was still just the little pony trophy too. When I won, I think the best part of it for me was that someone had been reading what I had written for my characters and liked it enough that they remembered them when it came time to nominate. It was just very heart warming, and I would be motivated by that alone if the staff didn't want to change that part of it!

Thanks Uta! I have no knowledge of how it was originally run but I could see that difficulties could pop up. I always wondered how many people actually remembered to message the mule about spotlights and what Sya would do to decide if there was only one vote per character. I can definitely understand that the process would have to be smoothed out before it could be brought back n_n.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:02 pm
3DS Friend Code: 3695-0873-3687

A bit late, but I would LOVE to see this come back! xD If just to have the chance to get one myself! :'D
I would love to get the teepee one, LOL! x3 <3
And I thought just being recognized for a character was pretty cool! : D

Pet Journals: Soquili; Plots | Balam | Matope; Pairings | Ponies of Panavalon | Wardwood | Animal Crossing: Barton Town | Phony Quests | Requiem Quests

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:28 pm
I want them to return too!  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]