Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Vatican Official Denies Existence of an Alien Jesus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:31 am
Vatican Official Denies Existence of an Alien Jesus; Says Incarnation Was Unique Event  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:18 am
I don't understand what they mean by "Alien Jesus" then. One cannot deny that Jesus is not on earth and that he did not originate here. How do they deny that he is alien? He is an "alien/foreigner/a sojourner/not of this world". Do they mean an other-species atonement sacrifice for their respective species...? Or that Jesus reincarnated as another kind of creature to go sacrifice himself for their kind too? I'm so confused. Whatever they mean, it makes no sense. Jesus' once-and-for-all sacrifice as a human being reconciles all of creation.

• Colossians 1:19-20 (NIV)

19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Why is there even debate? @_@;

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:20 pm
cristobela
I don't understand what they mean by "Alien Jesus" then. One cannot deny that Jesus is not on earth and that he did not originate here. How do they deny that he is alien? He is an "alien/foreigner/a sojourner/not of this world". Do they mean an other-species atonement sacrifice for their respective species...? Or that Jesus reincarnated as another kind of creature to go sacrifice himself for their kind too? I'm so confused. Whatever they mean, it makes no sense. Jesus' once-and-for-all sacrifice as a human being reconciles all of creation.

• Colossians 1:19-20 (NIV)

19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Why is there even debate? @_@;

I understand it as they mean it to be a creature from outer space, having emerged and developed on a remote planet somewhere in the universe.
Most people think of a creature with tentacles, razor sharp teeth or little green or gray men when they think about aliens. Some creature that has emerged from natural processes (evolution) to be different than you and me.
Perhaps some of the confusion on the matter is that some of the popes have ended up accepting a form of evolution as true?

Commenting on the second news article (Pope Francis backs theory of evolution): I feel the "ontological leap" mentioned in the news article
is compromise, and robs people of the understanding of the glory of God. God's abilities are greater than what Francis gives Him credit for.

Chiefly though, I think that people not knowing the Bible and what it says, or not accepting it as authoritative is why there is a debate. I agree with you, if you are someone holding to the truth of Scripture it really doesn't make much sense.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games