Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The History of the Church, Israel and the World
Any good sources on Jewish history?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wendybirdx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:25 am
I just saw an interesting study on how we are called to defend Israel and be watchmen (I'd explain it in detail, but since he speaks so clearly on the subject himself, I'll just link you guys over here).

Basically, I'd like to know more on Jewish history and especially on the recent events with the Middle East. While the study itself gives a very clear and thorough perspective on it, it's from 2011 and addresses more of a recent presidential claim. I always have a lot of trouble understanding political things (what makes certain claims correct? why do the "Palestinians" think their claim is correct, and what are the errors in their claim? etc.). I'm also usually very hesitant about just throwing it into Google since most sources are incredibly biased towards Palestine, and most universities are, too. So I don't want to trouble myself with such confusion as much as possible and receive clear, concise information on the matter. Does anyone have any links or books to recommend?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:45 pm
wendybirdx
I just saw an interesting study on how we are called to defend Israel and be watchmen (I'd explain it in detail, but since he speaks so clearly on the subject himself, I'll just link you guys over here).

Basically, I'd like to know more on Jewish history and especially on the recent events with the Middle East. While the study itself gives a very clear and thorough perspective on it, it's from 2011 and addresses more of a recent presidential claim. I always have a lot of trouble understanding political things (what makes certain claims correct? why do the "Palestinians" think their claim is correct, and what are the errors in their claim? etc.). I'm also usually very hesitant about just throwing it into Google since most sources are incredibly biased towards Palestine, and most universities are, too. So I don't want to trouble myself with such confusion as much as possible and receive clear, concise information on the matter. Does anyone have any links or books to recommend?

I was led to some YouTube videos recently that fit your description (God is amazing emotion_yatta ). They're from two different YouTube channels:

1. TestTube News which seems to be a bit atheist;
    2. CrashCourse a History series by John Green (who is a Christian, but I forget which denomination; he's an Episcopalian, which he mentions @0:08-0:11 here).

I think they both managed to stay as neutral as humanly possible (perhaps a slight pro-palestinian slant on TestTube News).TestTube News covers recent news and is the more concise of the two; while CrashCourse tackles overall/general history, which is in-depth and yet also concise.

TestTube News

Why Are Israel and Palestine Fighting?

Published on Jul 15, 2014 | 4m 7s

Why Isn’t Palestine A State Yet?
      Published on May 21, 2015 | 4m 9s

Why Jerusalem Matters To Palestine & Israel
      Published on Nov 18, 2014 | 2m 59s

More related videos from TestTube News: [link]

CrashCourse

Conflict in Israel and Palestine: Crash Course World History 223

Published on Jan 28, 2015 | 12m 52s

(he talks faster than the people on the other channel; I recommend watching with subtitles on)

edit: Also, the Jewish Virtual Library is a source I'd recommend to read up on Jewish History.  

cristobela
Vice Captain

CherieBunnie

Sugary Hourglass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:28 pm
wendybirdx

The notion that we are supposed to support the physical modern-day Israel is not founded in scripture whatsoever. I don't say this because I'm rascist or hate Jews. This isn't the case. If any Jew changed their heart and came to Christ, I would gladly welcome them. I just really want people to realize how unbiblical these ideas are that the Jewish people don't need to have faith in Christ in order to find salvation. That's not what the Bible says. Anyway, I will try to make this quick, but I want to share some verses with you as to why this is so.

The Jewish religion, as we all know, is based on the denial of Christ as the messiah. And what does the Bible have to say about those who deny Christ? Note, these verses apply to all peoples of all religions and races!

Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

If you'd like to learn even more on the biblical evidence on this subject that has, strangely enough, become such a huge deal in the Christian communities in past years, I strongly recommend watching this video on youtube: Marching to Zion.

I would also like to share that often the Israel that the Bible speaks of is not a physical nation of Israel. There is a spiritual nation of Israel, comprised of all those who are followers of Christ. Steven Anderson does a good job of explaining this in this short video here on youtube. I recommend all of his "Israel Moments" videos on this subject.

I do believe that some people of the Jewish faith will come to Christ before the end, but we must always remember, as Christ said..

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  
The History of the Church, Israel and the World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games