Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please pray for my brother

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:58 pm
Ever since our mom passed away (today is the third anniversary), I've seen my brother struggling so much mentally and emotionally, and I'm afraid he's having a nervous breakdown. On top of that, he's having problems with his truck (he's already had to put quite a bit of money into it for other issues) and he's afraid to tell our grandparents, whom we live with. He said he feels like a failure. Depression and anxiety run rampant in our family and I wish he could see a counselor but he has no insurance. He is a Christian, and he's constantly in prayer, and he asked me to pray about his truck.

Also, we both just returned to college this week--at a community college--and so we may need to borrow our grandparents' van to get to school tomorrow. Please also pray I will get my license ASAP; I have a horrible, horrible fear of driving but I really, really need to get driving and I think it would alleviate some of my loved ones' stress.

Please also pray that we will succeed at college this semester. It's so important in so many ways, and I know succeeding will make him so much less harder on himself. Please pray we will endure and overcome all obstacles and keep fighting. Please pray we will see our classes through.

Also, please pray for my cousin, who is nine months pregnant, and could go into labor any day now. We are all so excited! My grandparents are ecstatic to be great-grandparents. Please pray the baby (she's a girl smile ) will be healthy and that there will be no complications.

Thank you all so much. God bless.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:08 am
Lindpen

Praying for them; I can assure you prayer does work. It worked for my sister (who had her daughter, my niece, on July 28 of this year -- we prayed she would have little pain and a quick delivery, and it came to be, thank the Lord).  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:57 am
█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂ ▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

You, your brother, and your cousin are all in my prayers emotion_hug

As for your brother, is there any way he can take a local bus at this time or perhaps bike there? I personally take a bus that goes to my college. My tuition covers my bus pass for a full year [only if you're in a full-time program, I believe]. But yeah, try contacting your college and inquire about bus routes and passes. 3nodding

█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂ ▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 pm
Your family is in my prayers. One of my cousins is having frequent panic attacks (they haven't been doing well ever since my aunt's death over a year ago). I have also been dealing with depression and anxiety for some time now. So he's definitely not alone.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:32 pm
I pray that your family finds strength in this time of trouble. In Jesus' name. Amen  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 am
Praying for comfort, peace, healing, and strength in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen heart  

olisea

Muse

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:06 am
                praying for all of you! especially that your brother has relief mentally, emotionally and financially. keep faith emotion_hug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 pm
Thank you all sooo much for your prayers! We truly appreciate them. God has already been answering. The truck problem ended up being easily fixed, and the cost was lower than could have been expected!

And my grandfather has said that if I make a DMV appointment, he will drive me to take the permit test a day I don't have school.

My brother has greatly been enjoying his German class, and the music class we are taking together will hopefully be good, too.

One thing I worry about is that I see so much of myself in my brother--anxiety, depression, panicking--and I hope he doesn't end up on meds. like me (I hope to get off them eventually!), but maybe they could help temporarily for him? We'll have to look into insurance. Maybe a regular counselor? But he's always reluctant to admit he's struggling, and I know he is always looking out for me and worried for me, too.

God has been speaking to me in many ways, especially concerning worry and anxiety, both through the Bible and through a devotional book my grandmother has.

And thank you for the prayers for my cousin!! She is likely to go into labor any day now, and we can't wait to meet her little girl.  

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces