Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
What...Is This Gaia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Double Barrel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:58 pm
This is one of the guilds im still a member of... Don't recall ever being active in it. Still I'd like to question. WTF is this place. From 60k I just grew up into 90k....I like 7 min! This economy is scary... BTW im from 2004 crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:07 pm
Well, I have to admit that I've been doing extensive research and I'm only now beginning to grasp the outline of the possibilities offered by understanding what the underlying purpose of conceptualizing the meaning of belonging here. Something about curved space-time.

This theory is still in the experimental stages.  

Nadian
Crew

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:03 am
Double Barrel
This is one of the guilds im still a member of... Don't recall ever being active in it. Still I'd like to question. WTF is this place. From 60k I just grew up into 90k....I like 7 min! This economy is scary... BTW im from 2004 crying

Gaia Cash was introduced in 2007 (I think...? I don't remember, even though I've been here since 2006) and a premium shop called La Victorie opened. Along with Monthly Collectable letters, users can buy high-quality multi-pose items with Gaia Cash. Also, Evolving Items made their debut. As the name states, they are items that get new poses after a certain amount of time passes.

Back in the day, each EI evolved about once every two weeks and have many poses by the time they finished evolving. Eventually, Rapid EIs changed all of that. They evolve every week and their final forms have less poses than regular EIs, which are much rarer nowadays.

Some time later, premium Chance Items (once known as Random Item Generators) have been released. It has always been a gamble to get a coveted item that is exclusive to the CI, but several years later...

Along came Gold Generators, which made it much easier for those with GC to burn to get enough gold to grab a hold of the ultra rare items that sold for an incredible amount of gold in the Marketplace. At the time, the Angelic Halo was one of the most coveted and expensive items on the MP. However, greed soon took over and thus, the hyperinflation began.

The gold economy became broken, those whom have never paid a single penny to the site for that sweet GC suddenly became second class, and most of the items on the MP became much more difficult to obtain. Meanwhile, the Cash Shop began selling more and more premium items. Bundles, re-releases, and popular recolors sold for more GC than usual. In addition, three different premium shops opened, which also sell premium items. Things appear to have taken a turn for the worse for collectors and dream avatar enthusiasts.

During that time, a MMORPG known as zOMG! lasted several years before being shut down, Towns became revamped, new skins have been released, and the creatures known as Kin recently became an addition to the site. That, of course, doesn't even begin to cover all of the other developments that the site has gone under. I hope I've helped you enough for you to understand what has been going on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:27 pm
I've been a member since 2004 and a member of Why Not since... I don't really recall but it wasn't too long afterwards.

Over the years I've just stopped caring too much about how Gaia runs it's economy system since I don't purchase too many things now a days. Pretty much all I do now is come to this guild and occasionally participate in the Gaian events.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers