Submit

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:25 am
Is it just me, or does Gaia seem not as lively and interesting as it used to be??  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:57 pm
It's not just you. I think everyone's started to move away from Gaia  

Saia Kakaru

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:22 pm
I like Gaia just as much as I always have, for the most part.
The constant gcash/cash shop nagging from announcements and stuff gets old, but I still find fun stuff to get into.
The new lake kindred game, for example; frustrates the heck out of me, but it's still pretty fun.
And the main forums are still as lively as ever, I just don't venture out of the guild a whole lot. It's scary out there.
I'll admit I find a lot of the events ('events' I should say, since goldsinks are the big thing now...) lackluster, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Mmph. Well now, how depressing.......  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:15 pm
Almost everyone I knew was on here left, especially after the inflation. First, it was the constant Gaia Cash nagging from Gaia because they were on the brinks of losing the website, and tried to milk all the money they could out of the people. Many got fed up with that and left because it hasn't stopped since. The next thing was the inflation. The people who stuck around after the GC thing, most of them left because it went from an average of only a few thousand gold to a few billion gold in less than a month. Gaia also got rid of zOMG (but for very, VERY good reasons because there was a way of people getting into all accounts through it), and that caused more to go. I still stick around because I find it fun to talk to people on here, and roleplay and whatnot. Other than that, not a whole lot interests me anymore...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:32 pm
To be honest, I quit playing around on here during my sophomore year, and came back because a lot of ******** up s**t happened to me in the real world, and I barely have anyone to talk to now, so talking to random people across the internet has helped me heal up a lot.  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:13 am
We're always here to talk to if you want~
(Especially me, I'm around a lot, I have no life.)
It's not as lively as it once was in here, but we've still got our regular guildies around!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 pm
Think it's various things that are keeping people from being here or active.

I'm honestly a tad bored here myself,but can't stay away since I still have friends here. sweatdrop  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:21 pm

I live. stare

Anyway, I've been a reg of some other forums outside of Gaia for some years and people seem to forget that Gaia is a forum first, avi/hosting site for games second. Typically things are going to get slow in the fall to winter. It gets slow in the summer. It gets slow when people are moving on from high school to college or are trying to graduate high school or college and are moving with their lives. Getting married, having kids etc.

That's just the nature of things. What I have witnessed is the great forum collapse of 2004. Several forums in the anime community closed down because of loss of interest by the webmasters and other things. Several of them were my home. Gaia's been around for what 12-13 years? That's actually amazing and quite frankly unheard of anymore. The average forum only lasts about a few years really.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:37 pm
Whoa, 13 years? Holy crap!! Huh, no wonder I see so many dead accounts and forums floating around when I log on here. I don't get why the staff doesn't do anything about it though. Clean them up or delete them so they don't have a big database of dead accounts clogging the site up and making it confusing for newer players.quote=" Astra Green"]
I live. stare

Anyway, I've been a reg of some other forums outside of Gaia for some years and people seem to forget that Gaia is a forum first, avi/hosting site for games second. Typically things are going to get slow in the fall to winter. It gets slow in the summer. It gets slow when people are moving on from high school to college or are trying to graduate high school or college and are moving with their lives. Getting married, having kids etc.

That's just the nature of things. What I have witnessed is the great forum collapse of 2004. Several forums in the anime community closed down because of loss of interest by the webmasters and other things. Several of them were my home. Gaia's been around for what 12-13 years? That's actually amazing and quite frankly unheard of anymore. The average forum only lasts about a few years really.

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Whoa, 13 years? Holy crap!! Huh, no wonder I see so many dead accounts and forums floating around when I log on here. I don't get why the staff doesn't do anything about it though. Clean them up or delete them so they don't have a big database of dead accounts clogging the site up and making it confusing for newer players.
Astra Green

I live. stare

They've stated in the past that they can't because people do eventually do come back to their accounts and it would be unfair to them to have their s**t gone. Not only that but something with the servers not being able to keep up with it or something.

Not to mention that Gaia isn't the powerhouse that people perceive it to be. Despite the amount of announcements and money they generate, it's a small company run by a small amount of staff and extremely small amount of mods who mind you are volunteers. There's more users on this site than there is staff and mods.

Edit: Also it's a forum first not a game. It's a hosting site for multiple games however we are not playing Gaia so much as posting on Gaia. We're posters.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:13 pm
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Whoa, 13 years? Holy crap!! Huh, no wonder I see so many dead accounts and forums floating around when I log on here. I don't get why the staff doesn't do anything about it though. Clean them up or delete them so they don't have a big database of dead accounts clogging the site up and making it confusing for newer players.
Astra Green

I live. stare

They've stated in the past that they can't because people do eventually do come back to their accounts and it would be unfair to them to have their s**t gone. Not only that but something with the servers not being able to keep up with it or something.

Not to mention that Gaia isn't the powerhouse that people perceive it to be. Despite the amount of announcements and money they generate, it's a small company run by a small amount of staff and extremely small amount of mods who mind you are volunteers. There's more users on this site than there is staff and mods.

Edit: Also it's a forum first not a game. It's a hosting site for multiple games however we are not playing Gaia so much as posting on Gaia. We're posters.

Also, How do you determine inactive? few months, a month, few weeks, a week, or a day? Some people just aren't on every day.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:23 pm
delasislas
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Astra Green

I live. stare

Also, How do you determine inactive? few months, a month, few weeks, a week, or a day? Some people just aren't on every day.

A couple months to a couple years. Some people go on a couple year hiatus, like me LOL. But by then I've forgotten all my info and make a new account lmao.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:17 pm
I determine it as a few years. Or how far back the date last online says: For example, 2005 or more, definitely inactive.uote="delasislas"]
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Astra Green

I live. stare

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:48 pm
Astra Green
delasislas
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Astra Green

I live. stare

A couple months to a couple years. Some people go on a couple year hiatus, like me LOL. But by then I've forgotten all my info and make a new account lmao.

I was here like 4 years ago and went on a hiatus. Luckily I remembered my info.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff