• Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:55 am
uot="delasislas"]
Astra Green
delasislas
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Whoa, 13 years? Holy crap!! Huh, no wonder I see so many dead accounts and forums floating around when I log on here. I don't get why the staff doesn't do anything about it though. Clean them up or delete them so they don't have a big database of dead accounts clogging the site up and making it confusing for newer players.
Astra Green

I live. stare

Anyway, I've been a reg of some other forums outside of Gaia for some years and people seem to forget that Gaia is a forum first, avi/hosting site for games second. Typically things are going to get slow in the fall to winter. It gets slow in the summer. It gets slow when people are moving on from high school to college or are trying to graduate high school or college and are moving with their lives. Getting married, having kids etc.

That's just the nature of things. What I have witnessed is the great forum collapse of 2004. Several forums in the anime community closed down because of loss of interest by the webmasters and other things. Several of them were my home. Gaia's been around for what 12-13 years? That's actually amazing and quite frankly unheard of anymore. The average forum only lasts about a few years really.

They've stated in the past that they can't because people do eventually do come back to their accounts and it would be unfair to them to have their s**t gone. Not only that but something with the servers not being able to keep up with it or something.

Not to mention that Gaia isn't the powerhouse that people perceive it to be. Despite the amount of announcements and money they generate, it's a small company run by a small amount of staff and extremely small amount of mods who mind you are volunteers. There's more users on this site than there is staff and mods.

Edit: Also it's a forum first not a game. It's a hosting site for multiple games however we are not playing Gaia so much as posting on Gaia. We're posters.

Also, How do you determine inactive? few months, a month, few weeks, a week, or a day? Some people just aren't on every day.

A couple months to a couple years. Some people go on a couple year hiatus, like me LOL. But by then I've forgotten all my info and make a new account lmao.

I was here like 4 years ago and went on a hiatus. Luckily I remembered my info. I have like, 4 or 5 accounts on this site now. 2 of them I had when I was a little kid of about 10 or 11, I barely use them anymore and still know the passwords (IDK how really) and I think one got hacked and I can't get it back. I have too many Ghost accounts and they must be destroyed!!! LOL.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:49 am
TheMagicalAcidTrip
uot="delasislas"]
Astra Green
delasislas
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Whoa, 13 years? Holy crap!! Huh, no wonder I see so many dead accounts and forums floating around when I log on here. I don't get why the staff doesn't do anything about it though. Clean them up or delete them so they don't have a big database of dead accounts clogging the site up and making it confusing for newer players.
Astra Green

I live. stare

Anyway, I've been a reg of some other forums outside of Gaia for some years and people seem to forget that Gaia is a forum first, avi/hosting site for games second. Typically things are going to get slow in the fall to winter. It gets slow in the summer. It gets slow when people are moving on from high school to college or are trying to graduate high school or college and are moving with their lives. Getting married, having kids etc.

That's just the nature of things. What I have witnessed is the great forum collapse of 2004. Several forums in the anime community closed down because of loss of interest by the webmasters and other things. Several of them were my home. Gaia's been around for what 12-13 years? That's actually amazing and quite frankly unheard of anymore. The average forum only lasts about a few years really.

They've stated in the past that they can't because people do eventually do come back to their accounts and it would be unfair to them to have their s**t gone. Not only that but something with the servers not being able to keep up with it or something.

Not to mention that Gaia isn't the powerhouse that people perceive it to be. Despite the amount of announcements and money they generate, it's a small company run by a small amount of staff and extremely small amount of mods who mind you are volunteers. There's more users on this site than there is staff and mods.

Edit: Also it's a forum first not a game. It's a hosting site for multiple games however we are not playing Gaia so much as posting on Gaia. We're posters.

Also, How do you determine inactive? few months, a month, few weeks, a week, or a day? Some people just aren't on every day.

A couple months to a couple years. Some people go on a couple year hiatus, like me LOL. But by then I've forgotten all my info and make a new account lmao.

I was here like 4 years ago and went on a hiatus. Luckily I remembered my info.
I have like, 4 or 5 accounts on this site now. 2 of them I had when I was a little kid of about 10 or 11, I barely use them anymore and still know the passwords (IDK how really) and I think one got hacked and I can't get it back. I have too many Ghost accounts and they must be destroyed!!! LOL.
Thing is, getting rid of a gaia account if you don't know the password is hard. I can't go to a mod and ask them to delete an account that I can't access. That's basically the same thing as me asking them to delete the user TheMagicalAcidTrip.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:58 pm
I hate how I've moved awayL it just isn't as fun anymore.

SO many people have left and that's affecting the way Gaia is run.

Too many g-cash gold bags/cookies/tokens/whatevers.

Now, it's either you're super rich, or super poor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 pm
It's been pretty slow lately in the forums. sweatdrop  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

magic217

Wheezing Explorer

8,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:24 pm
came back after a while to check, really missing the old gaia (mostly the friends who left)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:32 pm
I barely ever go on here anymore. Than again i'm like that with a lot of forum eske websites nowadays. Can't find any that are alive and interesting enough to keep my interests, ya know??  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:47 am
TheMagicalAcidTrip
I barely ever go on here anymore. Than again i'm like that with a lot of forum eske websites nowadays. Can't find any that are alive and interesting enough to keep my interests, ya know??
Most everyone seems to have migrated to the mega boards like Reddit, fell into all that social media exhibitionisty reposty chain letter stuff, got sucked into mobile chat apps, latched onto the youtube ship and now mostly just glue them selves to their chairs watching or making livestream watch me draw this watch me play that ditties  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:57 pm
I have a few friends here. It's a nice place. It's not like when I was 14 and felt passion for Gaia, but it's nice enough to stay even though it's more dead.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 am
Blind Blindness
I have a few friends here. It's a nice place. It's not like when I was 14 and felt passion for Gaia, but it's nice enough to stay even though it's more dead.
It's nice to have a guild or two or even just a nice long lasting active thread in the forums :3  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 am
delasislas
TheMagicalAcidTrip
uot="delasislas"]
Astra Green
delasislas
Astra Green
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Astra Green

I live. stare

I was here like 4 years ago and went on a hiatus. Luckily I remembered my info.
I have like, 4 or 5 accounts on this site now. 2 of them I had when I was a little kid of about 10 or 11, I barely use them anymore and still know the passwords (IDK how really) and I think one got hacked and I can't get it back. I have too many Ghost accounts and they must be destroyed!!! LOL.
Thing is, getting rid of a gaia account if you don't know the password is hard. I can't go to a mod and ask them to delete an account that I can't access. That's basically the same thing as me asking them to delete the user TheMagicalAcidTrip.
sweatdrop Gaia admins said that they can not delete any accounts.
So they'll just be hanging around,whether used or not.  

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:56 pm
Gear Bush
Blind Blindness
It's nice to have a guild or two or even just a nice long lasting active thread in the forums :3

Yes, exactly! (and thank you for being a part of that) biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:08 pm
Well, if anyone's interested, i've been fairly active on a website called Quotev, (active enough to get one account banned, LOL) Anyway, if anyone's interested in joining me there, i'll be on this account here: https://www.quotev.com/TrippySama
Or this next one if I get banned on the one above:]
https://www.quotev.com/Acidicacid  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:25 am
As for Gaia itself, I guess i'll still check it occasionally. Though it does honestly make me a bit sad seeing how dead it's gotten.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 am
TheMagicalAcidTrip
As for Gaia itself, I guess i'll still check it occasionally. Though it does honestly make me a bit sad seeing how dead it's gotten.

Lol. Yes, please do--we need all the help we can get! rofl  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:14 am
I got banned off both Quotev accounts. It's a long story... but i'm back here I guess. I've also been checking some Gaia clones like Recolor.me and whatnot. Blah.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff