Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Graveyard ]:
[10YR ANNI] The Bachelor [CONGRATS RAINBOWDASH & FLUTTERSHY] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
sailornorthstar rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:44 am
Iris Topaz looked at the the path is seemed easy enough but what she had learned from this experience was that things were harder than they seemed. she waited till the path way was clear before starting to walk down it. Her stride was confident as she felt the eyes of the gathered on her.

Maybe she had been over thinking things this was... She tripped and fell over one of the hidden mellons. getting up she noticed that there were other mellons hidden along the path. "Game on." she said with a smile as she got back up and started walking again jumping over the mellons that she saw before her. This probably made her walk look a little odd but it was better than falling over.

She was just coming back when she missed one of the mellons and tripped and fell face first on to the ground. She shighed well life could not be that easy all the time she got back up brushed her self off and walked off the path thankful that was over.  
Fea Line rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 pm
All the thoughts bounced around Fluttershy's head and her hopefulness that this would soon become seemed....promising. This had to be the last challenge right? Right? Soon she could go back to her room and her animals and never ever come out again. 'Hang in there Fluttershy, you've gotten this far... you can do it!' she tried to mentally cheer herself on.

And then Krikit mentioned stares and strutting and confidence.

"Oh dear...." Fluttershy gasped softly and looked on as the others who went first on the catwalk of doom seemed to vary in their confidence levels. And that random distractions and objects kept being flung into their paths or onto their heads. "Oh dear indeed..." Fluttershy sighed to herself. She did this once before. For Rarity's sake.... although neither the mellon or Rais were one of her best friends. 'Pretend its for Rarity!' she tried to prep herself again.

But it wasn't quite working.

Nervously, she stepped up to take her turn, shutting her eyes and taking in a deep breath before strutting forward with as much confidence as she could muster. Which probably wasn't as much as compared to some of these other girls, or shoot even Rainbow Dash. But things seemed to be going decently at first! She kept her eyes shut to concentrate, a soft smile on her face as she went, almost feeling like she could get the hang of this. (Mind you it probably wasn't anything close to poise but hey she was trying!) The end was just about near, she was almost there.....and then the mellons struck.

Stubbing the tip of her hoof into something, Fluttershy let out a squeak, stumbled and glanced down at a rock that had been flung at her. Various giggling could be heard over head just slightly over the bongos. Glancing upwards, Fluttershy tried to smile it off but the more and more the mellons laughed the more unhinged she got. They didn't even have to throw anything more, or do much else really. Just the fact that she knew they were laughing was enough to send her running the last end of it and flinging herself off in soft squeaky tears.

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Wolfs Heart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 pm
"Twins?! You're kidding right?" Dash replied to Midnight in disbelief. She could imagine herself getting eaten alive. "I guess if you really needed the help..." She would always help a friend in need, even if it would probably mean the death of her.

She looked up as the mellon called for their attention once again, it looked like everyone was done with the question. "Well, here we go again," she yawned as she followed along to the next area.

Confident stride? If there was one thing Rainbow Dash had, it was most certainly that. She could walk the walk with the grace of a... "Hey! What the-" Rainbow Dash had begun to walk the 'catwalk' and had barely taken a step before getting pelted by a... You guessed it: an apple.

"What gives?" Is it chuck an apple at Dash day?" She frowned in frustration. She had to keep going though, attempt to recover from that. Unfortunately, there was no recovery. It only got worse... much, much worse.

At one point she slipped through a mud puddle, she tried to add some grace to that by doing a flip. She stuck the landing... only it was with her face.

Rainbow Dash felt humiliated, she had never performed so poorly in her life. She was having a really off day. Maybe if she had gotten to sleep in longer...

After a few more slip ups, Dash had enough of the embarassment and excused herself from the walk, "Heh, its just not my day." Hopefully the chief would realize that normally she was really awesome.  
Doof rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:36 pm
Menelie
Kilot retained a blank expression for a blink or two before he leaned forward at Kyrie with a long, flat "Whaaaaat." His speech lacked the rising inflection that denoted a question. It wasn't an expression of disbelief so much as it was a realization of the fact that this wasn't all some great lark. "Well. Then. Very good." He furrowed his brow and held his chin between his thumb and forefinger, pausing for thought.

"You don't suppose he'd choose to have all of us, at once, would you?"

Before he could pursue that thought, the next challenge was announced. A walk-off of sorts. The warrior's jaw worked subconsciously. Well, there was a first time for everything.

Stepping up to the improvised catwalk, he began to bob his head in time with the drums, blending it in his head with an imagined tune, one that he'd learned from that cute, husky-voiced unicorn musician he sometimes bedded with. He fought the impulse to just go out and go nuts as usual, forcing himself to slow down and take it one. Step. At. a. time

Relax. Don't do it.

He began to saunter forward, swaying slightly from side to side as he did so, and rolling his shoulders in time with his movements to add a bit of swagger to his walk. With a dip of his head, and a swift brush from his hand, he swept his longish hair away from his face and stuck his chin out with a bold, smoldering, yet smug expression on his face. His body flowed over the catwalk, every muscle working in very visible, perfect unison to make every movement smooth and purposeful.

And that's when he saw the ball of mud coming his way.

Without even a moment of hesitation, his warrior instincts kicked in and his torso twisted sideways and backwards, both hooves still planted on the ground, as the ball of mud, and two more following it, passed harmlessly over his broad chest, while he leaned back impossibly far, to the point that it looked like the only possible outcome would be him falling rearward onto his head.

Yet the big faun arrested his downward movement and smoothly brought himself back up to a standing position, his hooves and calves having not moved at all. So that's how it's going to be, ey? Guess there's more to this than being really, really ridiculously good looking. He strode forward again, senses now fully alert, but his body still moving in time with the tune he had chosen for himself.

Shortly thence a Mellon rolled a number of small stone marbles along the catwalk, to which Kilot responded by planting both hooves, then sliding forward through the offending items, coming down to his knees whilst still sliding and running his hands up his bulging thighs before rising and simply kicking aside a tripwire that had been laid across his path, sending it- and the two Mellons holding each end of it- flying across the chamber. The sole male competitor had reached the end of the catwalk, and he beat both palms against his chest, before extending a chiseled, muscular arm and pointing directly at Krikit, staring at her with narrowed, blue steeley eyes, as though acknowledging the mischief that had been planned for this challenge and throwing it back in her face. He then saw a hefty, head-sized rock coming his way (how did they even throw that?), by far the largest yet thrown, and saw an opportunity. Instead of trying to avoid it he simply struck a pose, flexed all his muscles, and let it bounce harmlessly off his abs. He then raised a hoof and stomped heavily on it- cracking it down the middle.

So this is getting ridiculous. Better go before they throw a beehive or something.

After deftly catching an apple that came his way, he determined it was not, in fact, rotten, and took a huge bite out of it before turning left, and strutting back towards the beginning. He flung what was left of the apple aside, spread his arms wide as he walked in a pose that could easily be interpreted as a challenge, tightened his rear and gave a flick of his hips to bump aside a Mellon that was getting dangerously close with a pointy stick.

Perhaps now getting desperate to not let the male get away unscathed, a final flurry of fruit and mud came at Kilot, who, breaking his stride and trying some dancing while fighting, placed both hands on the ground, flipped his hooves into the air and began to spin, avoiding or kicking aside all of the offending debris before he pushed up, flipped himself back upright and strutted confidently back off the catwalk, smirking as he passed Mona and her rather squishy-looking banana. Although he hadn't heard her earlier comment, he echoed her sentiment, asking "What is that, a banana for ants?"

With a stretch and a grin, he bounced away from the stage, still bobbing to the same song he'd been imagining all along.

Doof

Dragon Berri rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 pm
User Image

Applebloom was only half listening to the conversation the other faunies were having. She was busy chewing her lip and wondering why she'd been chosen for this competition. Did she even want to become the Chieftain's wife? It seemed like a lot of work, and she still felt like a filly most days. Was she even mature enough for this? She was so deep in her head, she completely missed one of the questions. Oops. Well, that probably left her out of the running. No one told her to leave though, so she stayed, hanging around the faunies she knew and recognized.

She followed the crowd as it followed Rais and his Mellon, trying to focus her attention on the next competition. She nearly burst out laughing at the list of things the Mellon said would be expected of the Chieftain's wife. Graceful, poised, composed. Ha! Did they know who they had in their crowd? Fluttershy was absolutely all of those things, but Applebloom wasn't, and she was sure Rainbow Dash was thinking along the same lines Applebloom was. She did snort when they were told to show off their elegant strides. Right. She wasn't sure she even HAD an elegant stride. She just walked, and it wasn't particularly graceful.

Alright. Graceful. Poised. Elegant. Applebloom took a breath and channeled Rarity. The other fauny was all of these things that Rais was apparently looking for in a mate. Too bad for Rais Applebloom's brother already snatched her up. She snickered as she thought about how Rarity would have reacted to the mud wrestling. Ha! Still grinning as she started her walk, Applebloom consciously put some swing in her hips. Guys liked that, right? Whatever, she much preferred to be wanted for who she was and not how she walked. Thinking too hard about swinging her hips caused the yellow fauny to swing too hard to one side, tripping over her own hooves. With a very unladylike yelp and a curse, she barely managed to stay standing. "Ah forget this," she muttered and went to finish her walk the way she normally moved.

And then....mud ball to the face. She gasped and stood stock still as she felt the cool mud starting to slide from her face to her chest. Greeaatt. She was so out of this contest. Totally. Scraping off a good chunk of the mud from her face and chest, Applebloom lobbed the mudball back in the direction it had come from. "TAKE THAT!" she said and laughed, scraping more of the mud off as she moved out of the way of the next faun.

Antidia rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 pm
Kishi sat cross-legged with the jar of jam in her lap. The lid next to her and a couple fingers maybe sticky from tasting the evidence. She wondered about the girls here, and if the big one was really a girl or not. She gave benefit of the doubt it was a he, but one never really knows things. She dared not look up his skirt to find out. Kishi remained quite terrified. Were any of these girls worthy of the Chief? Why in the heck was she called for this. She's definitely not interested. She gave a mental dirty look to Laisidhiel, cuz she knew the Tree could see it.

A familiar face! The Pathfinder AND fellow repeat contestant. Kishi smiled and stood up, wiping her hands on her thigh. "Thank the Earth I'm not the only one Called back to this nightmare. I am doing well, thank you for asking, but I am really just wanting to go home. I have some sleuthing to get to." And she held up the now half-full jar of strawberry jam. "How are you fairing, I haven't seen you around for a while. The wilderness treating you well I hope?"

Then Krikit led them to another, deeper level of hell. Now she was to parade in front of the Chief so he could choose which one of them was prettiest. Okay. Kishi considered her options, here, unsure what to do. Does she do it right and maintain her integrity, or does she just act a fool and pick her nose?

She decided this time to go last.

She laughed, as many were entertaining. But the scary not-girl, that ... that was the best show she's ever seen. And she was even more confused and afraid of him now, so she didn't laugh, in case he was offended by it. She has to follow him in the parade. He has to be a girl, because Rais will pick the best for his mate, and it has to be a girl? Right? A wife, to make kids with. She was giving herself a headache thinking about it, and nearly missed her cue.

That would have been great, actually.

The pink faunness sashayed to the catwalk and but a hand on her hip. Her back towards Rais, she looked over her shoulder and wiggled her tail ever-so slightly. This is it...

Here we go...

Why aren't you moving, hooves?

D8

She started moving eventually. After her cute little wiggle became awkward. Aware of the obstacles waiting in the bushes, and hoping the first one knocks her out, Kishi began her prance. The first annoying little prat sprayed something in her face. It did not sting, but she had to wipe her face to see. These pests were going down! Parade be darned! She wiped her fur back over her head, pulling the wet tendrils out of her face. After a sniff, she determined that the spray might be some sort of watered-down nectar because it actually smelled delightful.

It was only at the last second she saw the next little jerk toss something towards her. Impressive (especially to her) reflexes chucked that jar of strawberry jam at it, shattering the mud ball all over the mellon. YES! But ... the strawberry jam, darnit. Jerk.

Another mellon popped out of the bush on the other side holding a tiny slingshot. Kishi wasn't even going to stop and see what he had loaded, even if she was curious. And convinced they wouldn't actually kill any faun they wanted to mate with Rais. Kishi jumped towards the jerk's friend, and smacked it out of the air. This was something she'd become quite adept at, while gathering berries and swatting away pests.

The slingshot fell to the catwalk, and the little white ball rolled only a few inches away. YES! Armed now with a tiny slingshot and a whiteball of something that had a chalky texture, she popped the next mellon on the noggin, knocking her out. ""HA!"

Out of ammunition, she tossed the slingshot (did I mention it was tiny?) aside and pranced to the end of the catwalk. There was one more sneaky little mellon waiting for her. He slept in a tiny little chair made of sticks. Apparently tuckered out from the others. "I guess there is a limit to their mischief," she murmured.

Turning to go back down the runway, she noticed the other mellons just laying defeated on the ground. She grinned and just sashayed the rest of the way. Except at the end, the mellon she had forgot about sprayed her again with a fragrant mist.

"Darn it."

At least she smelled nice.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:22 am
Amadorine waited for Kishi to finish with her own strutting walk, rather glad to have someone to talk to, and especially glad to have a companion who remembered the first challenge. As soon as she saw the bright pink faunness, Ama rushed over to her to pick up their conversation.

"I am so happy so see you here as well. Kishi, right?" Ama's brain was a little fuzzy on the name, but she was pretty sure that this was more or less correct. A soft laugh came from her as Kishi mentioned her absence. "I recently returned, though I did spend a lot of time away from the tree. I left shortly after I discovered some truths about a man I thought I loved. I needed time to process, and so I went off and before I knew it a week had turned into a month. And I found I still was just as confused and hurt, so I tasked myself with something and by the time I came back I felt like my head was clearer." Of course, she'd also come back with a butt-load of regret. This was why she was trying hard here today: she regretted not taking the first time of these challenges seriously. Plus there was that really weird urge in her that she actually wanted to win this time. That was strange. Maybe it was because of holding the small tot earlier: she wanted that, a mate, a child, a family; she was too afraid of the path that it would take to get there. Ironic, the ex-Pathfinder afraid of a path.

"I don't wish to jynx it, but these challenges seem different and less... I don't know, terrifying? than the last ones. Right?" Ama paused for a moment, then leaned in a little and sniffed. "Did... they spray you with perfume? Lucky. I got soaked with ice water."

Antidia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:29 pm
Enthusiastic as ever, Krikit applauded as the last of the Faunesses finished, then zipped up to address them all. "Thank you, thank you, ladies and gentlefaun! This concludes the competition. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you could all wait here for a bit? I'll have my assistants bring some refreshments around. Meanwhile, I need to confer for a bit with the eligible bachelor on his final decision! Good luck, everyone, and see you all in a bit!"

After zipping over to instruct some other Mellons on bringing food and drink back for the waiting competitors, Krikit zipped off towards the Chieftain, where she attempted to latch onto his braid and pull him after her until he waved her off irritably, already following her to an out of the way alcove to discuss his choice.

((Feel free to wrap up any RP! Expect the final results to be posted in a day or two after staff have had some time to discuss! Thank you everyone for such an entertaining and exciting competition to read!))  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:58 am
The pair disappeared for some time; however, Krikit was true to her word and soon Mellon attendants zipped about, serving cups of cool water with fragrant rose petals to the former competitors, along with platters of cut fruit, bowls of shelled nuts, and some fresh rolls from the kitchens. It was light fare, but more than enough to ward off hunger for now and last until they were freed to get a proper meal.

The 'contestants' freely mingled and were waited upon by the Mellons until any chatter was interrupted by the return of the Chieftain's Mellon. Krikit seemed to be practically glowing, and had raced back far quicker than the Faun Chieftain, who followed behind her at a more stately pace. It seemed the little fairy might be fit to burst; surely her face would get stuck in that ear-to-ear grin at this rate. She seemed unable to contain herself any more and zipped over to two of the contestants to address them directly.

"Congratulations, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy! You both win!"

Rais arrived back on the dais in time to hear Krikit's blurted statement and to see the looks of shock and gasps of disbelief that followed, flickering over several faces in the crowd. His face set into a frown, immediately focusing on his Mellon. That was not the reaction he had expected...unless...

"Krikit!" He felt a flicker of satisfaction at seeing her flinch. "What exactly did you promise these poor Faun when this all started?"

"Heh...why, the heart of the most desirable, handsome, fair, merciful--"

"Not necessarily true...but are you sure you didn't imply something more than that?"

Krikit seemed to wither beneath the Chieftain's interrogating stare. "Er...of course not...but, I may have overheard some murmurs of this possibly being another ceremony to choose a suitable wife for you--"

"And you didn't see fit to correct this misunderstanding, of course?" After the little fairy shook her head and turned away, Rais sighed to himself. "We will speak about this later," he muttered, rubbing one of his temples before regaining his composure and turning to the group of Faun.

"Ladies. Gentleman. Please, accept my apology for the misunderstandings that have occurred today. If you would allow me to explain, perhaps I can straighten this all out."

Looking distinctly uncomfortable while gathering his thoughts, Rais waited until every Faun's attention was on him before clearing his throat and beginning to speak.

"While I am still somewhat unclear on the pretenses that led you all here today, again, I apologize for any misunderstandings or unintentional insinuations. Some of you who are more familiar with the ceremony for choosing a suitable wife for the Chieftain, whether by word of mouth or by past experience, may have noticed that the events today differed from the traditional ceremony. Well...that's because that's not what this was."

He paused, glancing down and reaching up to rub a tense muscle between his neck and shoulder. With a sigh, he looked up and continued, "What this was, instead, was the attempt by a couple of meddling troublemakers," he glared pointedly at his Mellon who seemed to be trying to become one with Laisidhiel's wall, "to apparently try to make a point because they thought I hadn't been listening to their advice. However, I do understand their concerns and realize that especially in these troubled times, Faun need a full Circle to provide guidance and support to our people. All of our people. Even me."

He was being far more frank now with the group than he'd been in any public address...ever. Perhaps though, it was for the best. Perhaps this was what was needed. Perhaps he had distanced himself too much from his people; they needed to be able to connect...to understand at least in some small way that they were still all the same in their essence.

"The ceremony to choose a wife for the chieftain is one of our most important traditions. It is sacred, and vital to the structure and support of our way of life. This ceremony is intended to test a number of traits, to find the candidate who is most ideal for the job, someone who can handle the responsibilities that come with the position. To be a good role model, an adviser, a counselor, a teacher. It is not a task to be taken on lightly, however..." He paused. "Perhaps...even that list is not enough."

He seemed somewhat uncomfortable, just entertaining the idea that one of their traditions may be faulty. Pushing on, he added, "As much as I hate to say it, this world is vastly different from that of our ancestors'. As much as we try to keep it out, the outside world keeps trying to reach in. Situations change. We dig in and hold our ground, and keep hold of all that we can that makes us who we are."

"I'm not saying that the ceremony is wrong, of course. Whatever faunness eventually becomes my wife will still need to be able to be a good role model and a wise supporter...however, technically...there is no rule that says just because a suitable candidate is found...that she is necessarily the only one. Nor is there any rule against the Chieftain and said candidate taking the time necessary to get to know one another first before making any serious decisions."

He was justifying this argument more for himself than any of the others here, and he knew it. It was the only way he could go forward with brushing off age-old traditions for sake of such a change. On the other hand, though, he was reluctant to take that step again so hastily. He couldn't go through that again.

"I suppose what I'm trying to say is that...I will not be choosing my wife solely by the results of a series of tests. I also want to be able to get to know her on a personal level first. So that we can learn something about one another before believing that we're ready to make such an important decision. It has been an interesting experience already today in spending time with each of you, if only briefly. I would...like to follow up on that idea."

"Despite any negative feelings about the way this was handled, I do greatly appreciate the effort you all put in today. I thank you all and hope that none of the events that occurred today were upsetting. As thanks, there will be a special dinner this evening for all of you with a few choice delicacies pulled from the larders. I hope that makes up for the trouble in some small part."

He wasn't done, though. He'd had a small bundle of objects tucked under his arm when he'd arrived, though most hadn't noticed because of Krikit's announcement. The largest wrapped bundle was held out towards Kilot with a wry smile. "I'm not sure it would have worked out. Though, you are an honorable soldier and I would like to speak to you later on less personal matters, if that would be acceptable. For now, please, accept this gift from the armory; a gift suitable for a noble warrior."

Doof

((Kilot has received one small-medium armor edit appropriate for a hunter/warrior. Please contact Teigra with the details of what you would like him to have!))

He turned now to Kishi. He remembered that she had been in the first ceremony, and though he didn't understand why, she always seemed reluctant to be there...and yet, seemed to give it her all each time. He'd never be one to force the issue though, and respected whatever feelings she had on the matter. Still, she had been a delight to interact with in the competition and her creativity and imagination had been refreshing. He wanted to encourage that.

Rais held out a tightly-wrapped and wax-sealed scroll to Kishi. "Never falter in your search for knowledge and truth. Keep investigating, keep learning, and keep sharing. This scroll may contain only the first step to greater knowledge after all."

Antidia

((Kishi has received a scroll of knowledge! Uh oh...no wait...that seems to be a power scroll!))

((The above prizes were bonuses granted to two individuals who were not playing to win the grand prize, but managed to impress us all with consistently thoughtful and/or entertaining posts throughout the competition. The original prize's winner(s) are below.))

Rais finally turned to the pair of pegasi who had to be completely bewildered on just exactly what it was they had 'won' according to Krikit's announcement. Only now did Rais have a silent realization and passing amused thought that he'd never imagined, many seasons ago, that he'd ever be talking to a Pae with wings on such a matter. Let alone two of them.

He held out one hand to Rainbow Dash and the other to Fluttershy. Clutched in each, he held a pendant; a small yellowish stone with what appeared to be a tiny acorn inside dangled from the end of each cord. "This pendant is made from Laisidhiel's sap, hardened into amber. It is a precious gift, a talisman of good luck, health, and life. May you both feel Her protection over you, no matter where you may go."

He paused after handing over the pendants. "I had...one more thing for each of you. Err...if you would have it. Or are interested at all." The Chieftain suddenly seemed awkward, glancing towards Krikit as if unsure how to proceed. "Going off what I was saying before, I'd like to ask if...if either of you would be interested in...what is it called again? Um...oh right...err....a date?" That's what it was...right? Hurriedly, he added, "You're free to tell me no. Really. And if you would like to...there's no pressure. It's just dinner and talking. No promises. No obligations. Think it over if you need to. Please...no pressure either way."

Wolfs Heart

Fea Line

((Oh my...it seems the Chieftain of the Faun has just asked your pegasi on a date! Do they accept? Or turn him down? If they accept, a new roleplay can be started for their date.

Either way, the pendant he gave each of them is theirs to keep. They can keep it as a good luck charm, or...oh dear...it seems that it functions the same as a Mysterious Runestone! There will be more on how to redeem one of these in the future...))

((Everyone is welcome to RP their responses and replies out here, but this game is officially over! Thank you everyone for playing and for all your engaging and interesting replies! It was such a treat for all of us to read!))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:47 am
Kyrie's heart swelled with hope when the Mellon began to make its announcement, but then dropped almost as quickly. She put on a smile and clapped for the....two winners? How was that going to work? "Awkward..." she muttered under her breath.

The Chief's speech was rousing, as ever, and she couldn't help but smile somewhat dreamily at him. Even if she hadn't won his heart (and it appeared nobody really had), she was still honored that Laisidhiel had called her to participate.

It was then she noticed the gifts tucked under his arm. She loved gifts! She didn't even have to be receiving them--the giving of gifts just made any occasion all the more special. She watched excitedly as Kilot and Kishi received something special from Rais himself. How lucky they were! And the two faunesses! What a charming pendant! How wonderful for them! Kyrie felt her heart swelling with happiness. What a lovely way to end this competition.

When everything seemed to be over, Kyrie stood up from where she'd been sitting. Even if she hadn't won the Chief's heart, perhaps there was someone else's heart she could try. She approached Kilot with a smile and a bit of a twinkle in her eye.

"What a day, right? How'd you like to head over to the Acorn with me for a drink?"

Doof

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:17 pm
Fluttershy had managed to calm herself down after everything had finally ended. She started thinking things over in her mind about all she had just been through and thought back to many adventures with her friends before the journey here. Had it really been so different after all? Perhaps, in away...or many ways. She never remembered competing at the chance to win anyways heart. The mellons now tending to them and offering food and drink was also a nice tough and she shyly thanked each one, though cast suspicious glances trying to figure out which ones had laughed at her on the catwalk.

Oh that part was still so dreadful! And the buttgrabbing! She steered well clear of the brutish male, sticking close to her fauny friends, especially Dashie.

She was just starting to think she could finally go home and rest, put all this behind her when Krikit returned bellowing "Congratulations, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy! You both win!"

"W-w-w-whaaat!!" she squeaked, throwing her hands up to her face as she glanced over at Rainbow Dash, then to Krikit, then to Rais as he arrived moments later, then back to Dash and then..... oh heavens. She hardly heard the chief and his mellon speaking back and forth, or Kirkit's seemingly decreasing tone and shrinking figure. Her head was still whirring around stuck on the words. 'You both win!' "M-m-meee? Oh I don't think..." she said softly but paused. Rais had just addressed the crowed.

He seemed to apologize for today yet also seemed grateful to all those who came out. He spoke about the rumored past traditional ceremony of finding a wife that many had thought today was meant to be about..... then corrected that this was not what today was for. That choice would take time. Ok...well...that made her feel a little better. Fluttershy was almost certain she wasn't Chieftain Wife material. All those eyes on her, the responsibility and duties she'd also have....she was just a simple pegasus with a passion for animals. Her head seemed to still as she watched him present two special gifts to two other participants. One to the pink fauness and one to....oh...that brute... Fluttershy shivered. But still, the fact that he would go out of his way to do something brought a soft smile to her lips.

At least until he approached Rainbow Dash and herself. Her cheeks turned about as pink as her mane and tail when he presented the two mares with beautiful lockets made from Laisidhiel's very own sap, containing inside a precious acorn. Fluttershy took hers delicately, cupping it against her chest as she cooed out a very very soft "Thank you!" Good luck, health and life. she repeated to herself, glancing up at him as he had one more thing to say. Suddenly he seemed awkward and nervous...not at all unlike herself most of the time. It was as if he couldn't even remember the word as he fought to ask the pair of them on a date.

A date?!!

"Oh goodness.. I..." she blinked, nervously looking anywhere at him at first. It's just dinner and talking. No promises. No promise Fluttershy! What do you say? Celestia help me! She was free to say no....but could she? Maybe? But he was being so kind....and something about the fact that he was feeling just as awkward as she was...somehow made her less so? And he was right... a date didn't necessarily have to lead anywhere else.. It could just be a nice simple outing to chat and have fun. He could be so sweet behind all his duties to the tree.... and he had been so kind to take her and the other faunies in on such short notice. She realized just how little she knew of him, even after all this time. Its the least you could do Fluttershy...

Taking a deep breath and breathing out slowly, Fluttershy timidly brought her gaze up to meet that of the Chief's. "I would love to...to have a d-d-date....to talk and have supper.... For all you have done for my friends and myself. Thank you oh so very much." she squeaked softly, managing a very shy smile. She glanced over at one of her best friends to see what the rainbow pegasus would say...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:18 pm
Midnight Stike had remained quiet as the 'winners' were announced, her eyes were closed with her arms crossed over her chest. Then the Chieftain began to speak, to explain everything. She didn't even flinch when some prizes were handed out. This was all...Ok.

A small smile crossed the fauny's face as she turned to leave, bumping into Rainbow Dash on purpose. "Tell Flutter I wish you both a fun night...And find me when the dates are over. You gotta tell me how it went." She let out a small laugh. "I gotta go retrieve my own 'prizes'. They're both already going to be upset with me as it is. Think I'll take them to Mojo's tonight for a treat if they were good..." Unlikely Rosso was good but she had the small hope. Today had given her a lot to think of after all. Finding love and all that. Maybe she should...Maybe she shouldn't. She wasn't too sure at the moment. All she was sure was she was going to back to two very pouty kids. "See you later Dashie." She gave a small wave before walking off.

Wolfs Heart
MORE QUOTES

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 pm
Her jaw dropped, she won? She exchanged looks with Fluttershy. And Fluttershy too? Awesome! No, wait a second.... that was weird. If this was a normal competition it would be awesome, but this wasn't a normal competition. Rainbow Dash looked at Fluttershy again with her expression reading, 'Can you believe this guy?' She didn't say anything, which was very un-Rainbow Dash like, especially after a victory.

There was a loud, obnoxious breath of relief when he announced that this wasn't a competition to be his wife. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to be this guys wife by herself, she certainly didn't want to be just part of the guy's wife collection.

So... what did she win then?

"Wow, thanks." She responded as she accepted her gift and dangled it in front of her to get a good look at it. It felt like a really important artifact. She was still admiring it while the chief spoke. She glanced over at Fluttershy, he was asking both of them. Dash was kind of surprised her shy friend said yes, good for her. "Yeah, that'd be cool." Rainbow Dash agreed, the words flying from her mouth without much thought. She still wasn't sure if she would actually be interested in the chief, but it might be good to get to know him.

Both she and her friend had agreed to go on a date with the same guy... it could potentially make for an awkward situation in the future... but it was like the chief said, just dinner and talking.

Even still...a date... she didn't know anything about that. Maybe Rarity would have some advice? Dating seemed like something that might be up her alley. Or maybe Twilight had a book, 'A Dummy's Guide to Dating'.

She was still kind of dazed when midnight approached her, "Heh yeah, I'm sure that will be a story to tell." She laughed as she waved goodbye to the fauny. "Good luck with the twins."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:46 pm
Menelie

Kilot, doing his best to practice what decorum he knew, gave a crisp bow as Chieftain Rais addressed him. He graciously accepted the offered piece of armor, sneaking a peek inside the wrappings once the Chieftain has moved along, a smirk crossing his lips as he determined what it could be. Although the item would have been very heavy to hold on to for the other contestants, Kilo held it casually in one hand while the proceedings drew to a close. What an interesting morning it had been, with lovely ladies, Rais and mischievous mellons and all.

Although Kilot wasn't surprised- and was actually a little bit relieved- that he hadn't won the competition, he also hadn't quite expected it to go to the two Faun pegasi present. Still, they were indeed worthy contestants and hoped they

The hunter turned to Kyrie as he heard her speak. The offer was intriguing enough, but... He'd been up for a day and a half. The adrenaline was wearing off.

"That sounds like it'd be fun." He shifted Rais' gift so it was gripped by his arm against his side. "But make it for lunch. I need to drop this armour off at my quarters, and get a few hours of shuteye before I get stuck back into it." He gave a slight grin. "I have some drinks at mine though, if you're interested."

Doof

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:15 pm
Kyrie's eyebrows popped up and she couldn't hide a blush at his offer. Tempting...and would certainly make the day even more interesting. But no. She had principles, after all. She smirked and folded her arms across her chest.

"Wow. I'm tempted, but I don't do drinks-at-your-place until at least the second date." Well. At least until after the first date. "Lunch sounds delightful. Midday tomorrow? I hope you'll be...well-rested enough by then."

Oh, Kyrie! You are a flirt!

Doof

:[ Graveyard ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas