Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Need opinion on this Is my mom right?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:25 am
I'm 25 and I don't have a car. So, I take the public transportation, the bus. I don't take a cab/taxicab because it's a rip OFF. Public transportation is must cheaper. However for safety reason, I would take halfway public transportation and then a cab. So, it is must cheaper than taking only a cab. Yes, this detail is important for what I'm going to say.

So, I went celebrate my friend birthday that I didn't see for a long time. We met in college. After, she graduated she moved back to her hometown, but her boyfriend lives here (city of the college we went together). When she moved back, we did not talk a lot like once a year. Just asking news. After 3 years, she came back and move in with her boyfriend.

So, I told her that I was living in X neighborhood and that I won't stay long because it's a area where it's better to come home early. She was very understanding and told me my boyfriend can drive you home. So, I thought okay I'm gonna stay. Then it was like 11:00 pm, so I told her I should go home, and she told me to stay longer because her boyfriend is going to drive me home.

When the party was over it was 1:20 am. So, I told her I think it's better that I sleep on the couch and tomorrow morning I'll leave, it's really late and your boyfriend gonna be tired to drive me home.

My mom (yes I live with my mom because of unstable income), told me I cannot ask to sleepover a friend's house when she is living with her boyfriend or husband.
I don't know how to explain, it is not polite, there's a another word for what my mom wanted to say I just don't know how to explain it in english.

For my mom, it is common sense.
For me, if she thinks they gonna do stuff in their bed while I'm sleeping over only for one night. That's stupid.

What do you think WAS I WRONG to ask to sleepover instead?

If so, next time I'll spend money on a cab... -_- that's all.

Here comes another topic of discussion. I know people who cohabit with friends, and they would bring their boyfriend or girlfriend and sleep in the same bed. However, roommates would discuss beforehand, that they don't want them to do any sexual activities because it is disturbing and no ones wants to know what they do.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:53 pm
Personally, I don't think you are wrong because like you said, it's better if you got home early and since it's so late at night, you have to stay back for safety reasons.  

Moonlight Crystals

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:56 pm
Moonlight Crystals
Personally, I don't think you are wrong because like you said, it's better if you got home early and since it's so late at night, you have to stay back for safety reasons.
Thanks !!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:12 pm
If you're uncomfortable with going home because it is so late at night it isn't wrong to ask.

Expecting nothing to happen because you're over isn't really fair. But any couple can have a guest over if they choose.

With Roommates I believe if you establish that boyfriends/girlfriends can be over you don't get to have a say it what goes on in their bedroom. You're free to say be respectful of Common Areas (I see this as common sense).  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:40 pm
i don't think it's wrong to ask at all. if it's 1:20 am, it might be easier on all of you for you to stay over rather than leave.

however, assuming they aren't going to do something bc someone is over... people gonna do what they do.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games