Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Whitethorne's Office Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:42 pm
Welcome to the office of

xxxx× × ×xxxxADALAIDE LILLIAN WHITETHORNExxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image

(( Professor of Potions, Years 4 -7 ))

spaceProfessor Whitethorne's office, a couple doors down from the Potions Classroom, is a small, comfortable space. A Hufflepuff during her time at school, she dislikes the cold dampness of the dungeons, and has sought to make her little corner of the castle more akin to that of the Hufflepuff Common Room. The walls are covered with swaths of fabric in warm, autumnal hues, many with floral or vine-like patterns on them, and every available surface save her desk is covered in candles, most of which give off a soft pumpkin spice scent. Two large, heavily cushioned chairs sit in front of her desk, with another just like them behind it. Behind the desk is a cabinet, with drawers for files and paperwork, and shelves for potions storage. The potions are kept under lock and key. Professor Whitethorne is not in her office often, as she does not live in the castle, but rather, in Hogsmeade village, with her husband and two children. Her hours are limited due to a desire to remain home with her children as much as possible. There is a small sign on the door, which, during her office hours, will read 'Open.' However, most of the time, it recommends that students come back during her office hours, or, if they have some pressing need, direct their questions or concerns to Professor Forrest, who teaches Potions levels 1-3.

xx×xxOFFICE HOURSxx×xx
Monday - Friday
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM

xx×xxTEACHING SCHEDULExx×xx
Monday :: Potions IV, Block 8
Wednesday :: Potions VI, Block 8
Thursday :: Potions V, Block 8
Friday :: Potions VII, Block 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mood: Bleh
In My Head
In My Heart

When they first had told her that they had found another Potions teacher, Paige had been afraid they'd can her, but she quickly learned that the professor they were bringing in was going to take over her older students, and they were leaving her with the younger ones. Paige was actually happy about that, since it would leave her more time to work on her individual experiments. A few days after arriving though, and Paige still hadn't met the new Professor, and truthfully, her Gryffindor curiosity got the better of her. So she decided to venture down and meet the new Professor. It wasn't hard to find the door. Standing out front, she adjusted herself and made sure that she looked scholarly in her presentation. Then she knocked loudly enough to be heard, but not imposingly so.

╔══════════════╗
Out of Character:
{...}

╚══════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

SummerIsles

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:50 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at her Desk with a Visitor?
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I really wasn't expecting anyone to come see me... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide very nearly jumped when the knock sounded, barely keeping her mouth from opening to gasp in shock and releasing the blood pop she'd been snacking on. She blinked owlishly at the door, not entirely certain she'd actually heard what she thought she had. After all, who would be stopping by to see her? It was only the first week of lessons, and her unusual hours didn't exactly make her seem approachable. She'd have expected any students with questions to follow the directions on the notice outside her office and simply ask the other potions professor. After all, the woman teaching the younger years wasn't an indication that she wasn't just as advanced; from what Ada understood, Professor Forrest had preferred teaching the first through third years. She pursed her lips around the sucker's stick, then called out, "Come in?" in a questioning voice. Well, if she'd heard what she thought she had, they'd enter, if not, it wasn't like there was anyone present to overhear her making a fool of herself, hearing things that weren't there. She did hope she wasn't hearing things, though. That would be... odd. She didn't fancy the idea of going insane, not one bit.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

(( OOC: ))

SummerIsles

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm

In My Head
In My Heart

Paige was waiting outside the door with nervous anticipation, as one with an intense curiosity was wont to do when their curiosity was about to be sated. She heard the call to come in from inside and frowned a little, rather hoping the subject of her curiosity would come to the door. But no matter, Paige did as instructed. She stepped into the office and was greet by the smell of pumpkin spice, which happened to be one of her favorites. The office was very well decorated and it was quite clear that the Professor descended from Hufflepuff. She looked around for a second before turning her attention on the woman in question. She had long blond hair and rather perky attitude about her. Paige smiled at the woman and said, "Um, hey, I'm Paige. Uh, Paige Forrest. I'm your fellow Potions teacher." She made a 'ta-da' motion with her hands and smiled again. Hopefully, this woman didn't toss her out of her office and slam the door.

╔══════════════╗
Out of Character:
{...}

╚══════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

SummerIsles

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:34 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at her Desk with a Visitor?
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I really wasn't expecting anyone to come see me... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide was fairly relieved to discover that she did, in fact, have a visitor, and hadn't imagined the knock on the door. Though it occurred to her that just because it wasn't her door, that didn't mean it would've been imagined. Her hearing was decent enough, she might've been hearing someone knock on another door. Which would've prompted her to investigate, considering the hour and the fact that there weren't many rooms down here that people were supposed to be in this time of night. Still, it was pretty odd that she had someone at her door. The confusion over who would be coming to see her cleared, though, when the woman introduced herself. "Oh!" Ada rose and walked around her desk to stand in front of her fellow professor, offering a bright smile. "Adalaide Whitethorne," she replied, offering her hand for the woman to shake. "Of course, you already knew that. It's nice to meet you, I'd been meaning to stop by your office but hadn't had the time yet." Well, this saved her that trouble, now, didn't it? Which was probably a good thing, considering that she wouldn't have wanted to bother her colleague at a bad time. Ada tended to think that calling on people after dinner was very rude, but she wasn't really left with many other options these days. She'd thought about doing so at dinner, but given that she hadn't known what Professor Forrest looked like, she wouldn't have known who she was supposed to introduce herself to. She could have asked, she supposed, but given that Jason was generally less than helpful (out of pure spite, she was sure) and she was pretty much avoiding the other members of staff she'd known prior to coming to teach, she hadn't known where to start with that, either. Which made this very convenient, to her way of thinking.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Sorry it took so long to reply, I've got a character getting married and it kind of sucked all my time the last few days

SummerIsles

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:58 am

In My Head
In My Heart

Paige smiled when the woman introduced herself and graciously took her hand, shaking it happily. "Yeah, I meant to come down sooner, but then I got distracted with one thing or another. Now that I have some more free time, I've started some experimentation. And then I got caught up in my own notes. Things happen, you know? And now I'm rambling," she said with a chuckle. Paige was known to talk a lot, especially when she was around people who had similar interests to her. She observed the woman who had taken over her older classes, trying to remember where she knew her from. Oh... wasn't she a couple years younger than Paige. She vaguely remembered the woman as a girl in school. That must be it. Paige smiled and asked, "Hey, did you graduate in '25?" This would confirm or deny Paige's theory.

╔══════════════╗
Out of Character:
{It's okay, I'm working on my senior dissertation at college.... >.>;}

╚══════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

SummerIsles

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOffice
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDesi
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWorried
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

чσu αnd mє hαvє sєєn єvєrчthíng frσm вαngkσkcαlgαrчxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє sσlєs σf чσur shσєs αrє αll wσrn dσwnxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє tímє fσr slєєp ís nσw - ít's nσthíng tσ crч αвσutxxxxxx
                                                          'cαusє wє'll hσld єαch σthєr sσσn - thє вlαckєst σf rσσmsxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAda was eternally thankful to Chance for stepping in when he had. She'd been worried of something exploding tonight, having already figured that her kids would get sorted into different houses. As expected, Zach was handling the change well enough, but Desi was most certainly not. But, she'd had to resist the urge to head down to the Hufflepuff table and intervene, because if she'd done so at that time, she'd have had to do so as Professor Whitethorne, not as Desi's mother, which she was fairly certain would've just made things worse. That, and she hadn't fancied taking nonexistent points from her own house, from her own daughter, on the first night of the school year.

spaceNow, Desi sat, sullen and silent, arms crossed and with a horrible scowl on her face. Ada could feel the anger rolling off her in waves, and the fear hiding underneath it. She also knew her daughter well enough to be well aware that the child was expecting to get scolded. Which was fair, she supposed, since she did tend to be the one disciplining the girl. But right now, she was more concerned with alleviating whatever fears she had, so she could hopefully get over this little fit.
                                                          "Alright, sproutling," she said, sliding into the chair next to Desi's, rather than the one behind the desk. "What are you feeling?"

spaceDesi snorted, refusing to look at her mother. "Why do you even ask that?" she sneered. "You already know. It's a stupid question. And don't call me sproutling. I'm not five anymore, Mum."

spaceAda sighed, and slid down onto the floor in front of the first year.
                                                          "Desi, it doesn't matter how big you get," she cooed, "You're my little sproutling, forever." Desi let out an exasperated huff, and attempted to resist her mother's hand tugging at her chin to force their eyes to meet. It was a battle she lost, however, and she found herself glaring at Ada, nose wrinkled in annoyance. "And I ask because you're eleven, and it doesn't matter if I know how you feel. What matters is if you do. So, how do you feel?"

spaceDesi was silent for a long moment, and then snapped, "I'm mad!" She grabbed her mother's hand, and pulled it away from her chin. Ada let her have it, but instead wrapped the child's hand in her own, much to Desi's annoyance. "Zach and I are in different houses. And I was upset about it, because I, I, I can't be by myself, I can't be all the way down in the basement with him up in a stupid tower. And that stupid jerk came over and started in on me like I was being dumb for not wanting to be away from Zach, and basically told me to suck it up because he's apparently had it so much worse than me so how dare I be upset, and acted like I was, I was smothering Zach! Or something!" She threw her hands up in exasperation, Ada releasing her hand to let her do it. "And then, he just, he kept on! And I, I'm upset, dangit! I didn't, I didn't need some, some twit getting in my face and yelling at me because I'm upset. Like I'm dumb for not wanting to be in a different house from my twin. And was all, 'I've been there too,' but he wasn't being, being sympathetic, or anything! He was just being mean!"

spaceBy this point, Ada could feel some of the anger releasing, and the fear and sadness rising to the surface. Desi was frustrated, but she was a lot closer to her real feelings, as opposed to the anger she carried to hide them. The blonde rose slightly, lips pursed, and wrapped her arms around Desi's waist.
                                                          "Okay, so you're angry," she said, and Desi nodded. "But, that's not all, is it? Anger is just-"

space"Just a mask, yeah, yeah," Desi muttered. "Why's everything gotta be something else with you adults? It's stupid."

space"Because it always is," Ada replied softly. "Do you want to figure it out and tell me yourself, or do you want me to help?" Normally, Ada liked to let the kids sort their emotions out for themselves. But Desi was especially stubborn about not admitting when she was afraid, and she struggled to let go of her anger enough to actually realize how she felt more often than not.

space"I want to go home," the eleven year old replied, quite predictably.

spaceAda sighed. Hard way, then. She'd have liked to try and help Desi work through things herself, but the child needed to get to bed. She was already going to be in a sour mood in the morning due to it being, well. Morning. But going to bed angry because of all this on top of that would make her a terror tomorrow. Sleep deprivation on top of that... Ada didn't even want to think about it. So, she slid her hands to Desi's again, not allowing the child to resist, and started peeling back the layers.

spaceFirst the anger came off; as always, Desi tried to fight, literally tried to hold onto the anger, because she didn't want to give it up. Ada could see her trying to convince herself to still be angry, until the last little bit of it was pulled away. Then, tears pricked at her eyes, her lower lip quivering.
                                                          "How do you feel, Desi?"

spaceDesi sniffed, a few tears falling. "I'm sad," she said. "I'm sad, because I wanted to stay with Zach. And I can't, and, and no one even... no one cared that I was upset, and that... that boy, he was so mean, and I was upset, and all I wanted was, was for someone to, to say, 'yeah that sucks' and, and to let me be upset."

spaceAda nodded, a hand reaching up to tuck her daughter's hair behind her ear.
                                                          "You can be upset, sweetheart," she told her. "But, do you think that, maybe, because you looked angry, not upset, that it was harder for him to understand you? He didn't know how you really felt."

spaceAda felt the flash of anger, and squashed it before it could flare properly. She kept Desi in the sad feeling, trying to get her daughter to linger, to stop being so afraid of it. Desi didn't like to cry. She liked to yell, and throw tantrums. She liked to get her way instead of having to accept it when things didn't work out in her favor. Unfortunately, the world didn't really work that way. Desi sniffed, and choked on a sob. "I, I, I don't get it," she said. "I, I was upset! Why, why wouldn't I b-be upset?"

spaceAda sighed. Desi was so used to them, to her and Chris and her brother, even to their extended family, just inherently knowing what was going on in her head. She didn't handle it well when strangers couldn't read her mind the way the rest of them could. It was part of why she didn't like strangers in the first place. She didn't like being out of her comfort zone, or having to change her behavior to something more approachable. Which Ada figured was probably why she'd ended up in Hufflepuff; she'd bet the hat wanted her to learn to be more outgoing and accepting. She could only hope tonight didn't set a precedent of that lesson falling short.
                                                          "Desi-sprout, no one can read your mind," she said. "Not even your brother, believe it or not. And especially not a boy you've never met. He was reacting to your anger, because that's all he knew to react to."

spaceWith a sigh, Ada began peeling back the sadness, getting to the core, the fear. Desi realized what was happening, and hissed at her mother, but Ada ignored it. The girl's eyes went wide, and Ada could hear her heart pounding. "Mum, stop," Desi whined. "Pl-please st-stop. I, I, I don't like this."

spaceIt took every bit of her will not to give in to Desi's pleading, but she knew this was necessary.
                                                          "Desi, baby, how do you feel?" she asked, one more time.

spaceDesi tried to pull away from her mother. "Sc-scared. M-mum, I, I'm scared. Pl-please stop. Please."

spaceAda complied, but instead of completely releasing Desi from her empathic abilities, she removed the fear, and replaced it with calm. Desi's expression blanked for a second, and then dulled slightly, like she was tired.
                                                          "What are you afraid of, Desi?"

spaceDesi stared at her mother, frowning slightly. "I... What if... What if he was right?" she asked quietly. "What if Su-Jin was right? What if Zach's happy he's in another house, because it gets him away from me?"

spaceAda hadn't had a heartbeat in years. That said, the phantom sensations often still occurred to her. In this case, she swore she felt it clench in her chest, even though that was impossible. She frowned, and pulled Desi into her arms while simultaneously pulling herself up half-into the chair.
                                                          "Oh, sweetheart, no," she said. "Your brother doesn't want to be away from you."

space"What if he does?"

spaceAda pulled back slightly, then returned to her own chair, holding her arms out. Desi hesitated, then went to her mother, crawling into her lap. "Desi..." The blonde sighed, not sure how to put this. "I don't think Zach wants to be away from you. But... I think, maybe, it's for the best if the two of you have to spend at least a little time apart."

spaceA flash of fear again, and the sting of betrayal. Ada squashed it as soon as it appeared. No sense letting them get sidetracked with another tantrum. "You need to be your own person, sweetpea. And so does he. That's probably why the hat separated you two; it knows you need to learn to be Desi, and he needs to learn to be Zach. There's nothing wrong with being Zach and Desi, but you can't be that all the time."

space"Why not?"

space"Because it's not healthy," Ada said softly. "You can't rely on another person all the time. Not even your twin brother. You need to be able to rely on yourself. Right now... you can't. Zach's a little more independent than you, but I don't know if he's quite capable, either. This is for the best."

spaceDesi sniffed. "So I shouldn't be upset. I'm dumb because I was upset."

spaceAda shook her head. "No. It's completely normal to be upset. But, just because something upsets you, doesn't mean it's bad. It's just new. And that's scary, I know. But it'll only be as good or as bad as you make it. I don't want you to be upset and angry all the time. Neither does your brother, or your dad, or anyone else. So, try to make the best of it. Okay?"

spaceDesi looked skeptical. "I, I dunno," she said. "I, I dunno how to not be upset. Except when you make me."

spaceAda kissed the top of Desi's head, hugging her a little tighter.
                                                          "I find that a good cry usually helps," she whispered. Desi looked at her mother for a long moment, then sniffed, then sniffed again. A second later, the floodgates opened, and the first year was sobbing in her mother's lap. Mentally, Ada was just grateful that she worked at the school; she couldn't imagine how this would've gotten handled if she wasn't the one to do it. It wouldn't have been pretty, that was for certain. Meanwhile, she could only hope that this little talk actually helped. And that she didn't end up hearing about her child getting into a fistfight with another first year. It didn't seem too unlikely, unfortunately.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxíf hєαvєn αnd hєll dєcídє thαt thєч вσth αrє sαtísfíєd
                                                          xxxxxxíllumínαtє thє nσ's σn thєír vαcαncч sígns
                                                          xxxxxxxxxíf thєrє's nσ σnє вєsídє чσu whєn чσur sσul єmвαrks
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxthєn í'll fσllσw чσu íntσ thє dαrk

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:43 am
Sixth Year
Team Beater - - -

Location : Professor Whitethorne's Office

The moment that Kimberly could get to Professor Whitethorne’s office she did so. Not without Candace as pre-reassurance. She was just down the hall from the potion professor’s office when her girlfriend spoke. “You’ll be fine Kim. All you need to do is go over there knock on her door and ask. What’s the worst that could happen?” Kimberly looked at her flatly. “She says no, and my dream job goes down in smoke.” Candace shook her head. “No. Well technically yes… Kimi take it from me. Professor Whitethorne is not a scary person. She’ll let you take advanced potions.”

“If you’re sure about that.” Kimberly replied still not entirely convinced. Candace smiled at her before guiding her forward. “I’ll wait here.” She said brightly. Giving a small nod the Slytherin took a deep breath. Going up to the door she froze. What if Candy was wrong and she wasn’t let into the class? Where would that leave her? They’d already determined what the worst would be. After having Professor Whitethorne for two years she should be certain that she was the furthest from say the Slytherin head of house.

Glancing over at Candace who just smiled and gestured to the door, Kimberly finally brought herself to look back to the door and give a good knock. Filled with nervousness and sever doubt she hoped her fears were wrong. ‘Please, let Candy be right…’ She thought as she waited for the inevitable. All she could do was hold back the desire to start rambling the moment the door opened. She could totally keep it together.

With : Previously Candace soon to be Professor Whitethorne

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

Aren't you quite outspoken?
                                                  In spite of that, you are still a loyal person,
                                                  One who seeks order.
                                                  I see you doing well in...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:28 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOffice
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKimberly
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceAda could feel the nervous energy before the knock sounded at her office door. Two people on the other side, one radiating anxiety, the other a little more nuanced. There was some nervousness there, but also a sense of... reassurance? It was sometimes hard to gauge the more vague emotional states she could feel from others. Anything that didn't fall firmly into an easy category like happy or sad or angry was open to interpretation. But Ada was fairly certain that one of the two on the other side had something to ask that they were anxious about, and the other was trying to be the optimistic, supportive friend.

spaceShe considered just telling them to come in, but thought it best to be a bit warmer with her approach, all things considered, so she stood and opened the door, smiling warmly at the two sixth years. She didn't think either of them had chosen to continue her class, which made her wonder why they were here. Unless it was a mistake, and Kimberly (the nervousness clearly coming off of her, not Candace) wanted to continue the course into NEWT level.
                                                          "Come in, girls. What can I do for the two of you?" The year had just started, so asking to be allowed into a class she'd not signed up for was the most likely cause for their presence. She didn't know much of Kimberly or her ambitions, but perhaps she needed the class? Many career fields did, though normally OWL levels were acceptable. Whatever the case, she'd never had a problem with the girl that she could recall, so it wouldn't be any trouble to add her to the roster.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 pm
Sixth Year
Team Beater - - -

Location : Professor Whitethorne's Office

When the door opened Candace smiled to her former potions professor. She had enjoyed the class despite her accidents in it from time to time. However, she didn’t plan on taking her into taking the class. That was all on Kimberly. “Hello Professor, Kimberly has something to ask you. I’m just the moral support.” She replied. She’d always liked her.

“Evening Professor,” Kimberly greeted walking in nervously. She honestly didn’t know how this would go but it was probably best to get it over with. “I was wondering if even though I got under the requirement grade to take advanced potions that you’d consider letting me take the class. I put a lot a work in last year and I ended up falling a bit short. Without it I won’t be able get into my dream career field.” She explained. “I really don’t mean to be a bother this yearly into the year, but I promise I won’t disappoint you.” The Slytherin added before finally taking a breath. So much for not rambling… at least she hadn’t totally fallen apart.

With : Professor Whitethorne

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

Aren't you quite outspoken?
                                                  In spite of that, you are still a loyal person,
                                                  One who seeks order.
                                                  I see you doing well in...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:04 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOffice
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKimberly
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceAs good as she'd gotten at guessing people's intentions or desires from a few small cues, it always threw her off when she was correct. It took her a moment to get her bearings, because she was somewhat thrown off by the fact that her assumptions had been more or less spot on. After a brief pause, she smiled at the two girls. "I'm sure you'll do just fine, Kimberly. I'll talk to Professor Hill about having your schedule updated so that you're enrolled before the first lesson." From what she recalled, Kimberly was a decent enough student, if not the best. She's struggled somewhat with the lessons, but had tried, which was what counted. It wasn't an issue at all unless she wanted to be a Potioneer, and even then, Ada was sure she could work with the girl to ensure that she was successful. "If that's all you needed, you can go on; it's late, after all." She gave the two girls a warm smile. Hopefully her easy acquiescence would ease some of the Slytherin's worries. She was rather nervous, it seemed, which wasn't good in a potions class. Ada could only hope that her nerves were because she was afraid of being turned down, and not because she didn't think she could handle the NEWT course.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 am
User Image

( Adopted HalfbloodThird Year GryffindorReserve Seeker ) xx

Ɯнєη ѕнє ωαѕ נυѕт α gιяℓ, ѕнє єχρєcтє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂
                                                        Ɓυт ιт ƒℓєω αωαу ƒяσм нєя яєαcн!
                                                        Sσ ѕнє яαη αωαу ιη нєя ѕℓєєρ-
                                                        Aη∂ ∂яєαмє∂ σƒ ραяα-ραяα-ραяα∂ιѕє, єνєяу тιмє ѕнє cℓσѕє∂ нєя єуєѕ...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew had been contemplating the entire autumn whether she should talk to Professor Whitethorne about her concerning... ancestry. Not that she hated the idea of Mister Deveron being one of her gamete donor, or the fact that she was distantly related to Zach and Desi, it was just... she was at lost and torn between choosing two families.

She was still a little bit resentful towards Deveron given that he wasn't there to take her in in the orphanage but on the other hand she cannot do that because where would she be if Rubin wasn't the one who adopted her? In fact, she loved her adopted family too much and she wouldn't be the Drew she see herself to be if not for them. After all, her pappa was the one who got her into loving books and Onkel Austmar was the reason why she (still) loved dragons, and Ivar was the one who got her into Star Wars. But also, she wanted to learn more about her blood family- and wanted to know more about Deveron who was her birth dad.

And as much as Zach was a good person and was just trying to get to know Drew, she cannot help but feel like she has to be a Whitethorne now that she knew something about herself. Even if Zach wasn't doing any of that since he was just trying to be friendly, so Drew was certain that all of this thinking was merely on her. Like, it was like she was insisted to be one of them, and Zach didn't know how to help her with this one! She hated not knowing how to solve it, especially when it comes to her adoptive family.

But what she honestly fear the most was the twins: and they too experienced a fair share of moment about Anika abandoning their life. And Donner, who was so good at not hiding his feelings, might think this as an act of betrayal and would most likely think that Drew will leave him. Or them. And Dagrun would probably feel the same (yet different) way too, while additionally it's because she was lonely in a family lacking female relatives.

Thankfully, she already asked her if there was a certain time she was free for conversation "for some advice" so she didn't have to be so anxious about "bothering her time". It was after dinner when Drew came to the door of Professor Whitethorne, the Gryffindor felt nervous due to the unknown and tensed due to her current situation at best. Granted, she wasn't always good at hiding her feelings, and Gi would immediately detect if she was doing a facade or not. She took a deep breath and made a polite knock before saying, "Uh, hello Professor Whitethorne? It's Drew Eide? May I come in?" While being tensed, there was also a glimpse of hope within, hopeful because she felt that maybe Mrs. Whitethorne can help her more than Zach could afford. After all, Rubin told her that he was her friend... and apparently Mr. Hughes happened to be her close friend, too!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lιƒє gσєѕ ση, ιт gєтѕ ѕσ нєανу-
                                                        Ƭнє ωнєєℓ вяєαкѕ тнє вυттєяƒℓу, єνєяу тєαя α ωαтєяƒαℓℓ
                                                        Iη тнє ηιgнт, тнє ѕтσяму ηιgнт, ѕнє'∂ cℓσѕє нєя єуєѕ
                                                        Iη тнє ηιgнт, тнє ѕтσяму ηιgнт, αωαу ѕнє'∂ ƒℓу-
                                                        Aη∂ ∂яєαм σƒ ραяα-ραяα-ραяα∂ιѕє!

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Early Winter Night 2039xx
                                                        wнere - Professor Whitethorne's Officexxxx
                                                        wιтн - Professor Whitethorne
                                                        xxxxxx

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOffice
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDrew
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConcerned

spaceAda frowned ever so slightly at the presence on the other side of the door. It seemed students only came to see her when they were nervous about something. Then again, she supposed her office hours didn't exactly lend her towards socializing. The notable thing about this visit, though, was that she didn't exactly recognize the scent on the other side. Not to say she didn't entirely, but it wasn't a student she'd had in a class thus far. That coupled with the distinct trace of Whitethorne (for lack of a better term) told her all she needed to know about who was paying her a visit. She made a mental note to have a conversation with the twins about poking their noses into other people's business, even though she knew the talk would go right over their heads. And that she was being something of a hypocrite. She soothed her own guilt by reminding herself that she only meddled in the lives of people she was close to and cared about, not that of almost-strangers who happened to share a house and potentially a bloodline.

spaceWell, if she were being honest, there was no 'potentially' about it. It seemed that Rubin's daughter was indeed related to her family. She'd never noticed the connection before, not being in the habit of sniffing people to determine such things. It wasn't as though she'd seen the girl many times before. Being nocturnal and having two children didn't lend much of a social life, particularly when you didn't see the point in wasting money and alcohol on yourself due to an inability to get drunk (and a lack of desire to do so as well). She liked Rubin, of course, but she'd not gotten especially close, and doubted if he had any desire to do so, considering her meddling about in his love life. Even if the result had been positive. They were friends, to be sure, but hardly close enough to've been in close quarters so frequently that she'd have taken notice of something like that.

spaceShe schooled her expression, trying to rid herself of the obvious discomfort and annoyance before the girl saw it. No need to set her more on edge, since she undoubtedly wanted to discuss what Zach and Desi had informed her of. How her children were so tactless, she'd never know. Actually, that was a lie; they had plenty of people to've picked it up from. She'd just always hoped her and Chris' sense of propriety would've won out.
                                                          "Come on in, Drew," she called, managing a calm, almost serene expression for the third year. She pursed her lips, not sure how to proceed. She supposed it was best to let the girl be the one to put it out in the open, so she simply folded her hands over her desk. "How can I help you?" She'd almost attached an endearment to the question, something she did often for the children of those she was close to. A habit she'd picked up from her parents. But, given the circumstances, she didn't know if that level of familiarity would be welcome, or horrifying. For all she knew, Drew wanted to be told that no, the twins were wrong, she wasn't related to them, and would be disturbed to know they were, unfortunately, correct. Ada would hate to have to be the one to say as much if that were the case, but she was hardly about to lie. She also had a feeling she'd be writing to Rubin shortly. She'd hate for him to be blindsided by this.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 pm
User Image

( Adopted HalfbloodThird Year GryffindorReserve Seeker ) xx

Ɯнєη ѕнє ωαѕ נυѕт α gιяℓ, ѕнє єχρєcтє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂
                                                        Ɓυт ιт ƒℓєω αωαу ƒяσм нєя яєαcн!
                                                        Sσ ѕнє яαη αωαу ιη нєя ѕℓєєρ-
                                                        Aη∂ ∂яєαмє∂ σƒ ραяα-ραяα-ραяα∂ιѕє, єνєяу тιмє ѕнє cℓσѕє∂ нєя єуєѕ...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew opened the door when she got her queue, greeting the Professor as she walked in. Honestly, she didn't know how to tell her that well without giving too much exposition, otherwise Professor Whitethorne might not be able to catch up. But on the other hand, would it be a good idea to just tell her what she felt anyway? She did ask the lady if she could talk to her later so Ada was probably prepared for this. Besides, Drew was very certain that the twins were being talking to Ada about how Drew was their family or whatever. Drew has a different definition of family and just being blood-related wasn't enough for her. Therefore, she internally deemed that the Whitethornes were not family to her unless it's her godfather's wife Eretria. "Look so uh- I think I should say a warning that I might end up rambling and I hope it's okay with you," Drew said with a sheepish smile, "But see... before the Sorting feast, Zach suddenly came to me with some ol- I mean, a dwarf man," Okay, sure, she may be Rubin's daughter but she knew better than insulting family members on their faces. Though, her pappa was getting better now so that's cool. "And, well, Zach seemed very overeager for me and Deveron to talk, and then Desi just bluntly told me that the guy was my dad! Because we both have that "scent", whatever the hell that is!" She was saying out of exasperation, but never out of anger. Look, being blunt was one thing- but saying that some stranger was your dad all the sudden was too overwhelming.

"And- oh geez, it just kept me all night thinking about the possibility and I wish they're wrong. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the Whitethornes okay Ivar told me that you're a nice person and Zach is a really nice person when we're playing Quidditch. It's just... I feel like I'm obligated to see them as family just because I happen to share their DNA. I mean, I'm adopted sure but... my pappa has my back for all these years and that's not the way I want to express my thanks and I'm sure that I might upset him- especially since there are times that he was being way too hard on himself." Drew was aware that she was talking too much, as well as running the risk of probably overwhelming Ada. But she was being worried and desperate, because Drew didn't like it when she cannot solve a problem. She hated the fact that she was starting to get ideas on her head that it was starting to scare her. And she wasn't used to being this scared, and she didn't like to generalize but what kind of Gryffindor was she when she was thinking of it this way?

"I mean, Zach is trying to be nice to me and I really like that but- correct me if I'm wrong but- It's like meeting a stranger who acts like they know you inside-and-out and was expecting something from you. Like, probably expecting me to come back, switch my surname, and live with Deveron or something... I don't even know why I'm feeling it this way," Drew sighed in sadness, as if she didn't feel the need to mask her emotions that much. The only thing she had to deal with was how she projected it, after all, like Matteo told her to do. And right now, she was torn and confused about the whole thing and wished she never wondered who her birth "family" was, "I don't know what the hell I should do or think, especially when my younger twins were having issues ever since my adoptive ex-mum decided to be a selfish finch. Sorry if I acted a bit too assuming but... that's just how I feel and I wish I was wrong about it. I wish that whatever scent they're sensing is wrong so that it makes things easier..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lιƒє gσєѕ ση, ιт gєтѕ ѕσ нєανу-
                                                        Ƭнє ωнєєℓ вяєαкѕ тнє вυттєяƒℓу, єνєяу тєαя α ωαтєяƒαℓℓ
                                                        Iη тнє ηιgнт, тнє ѕтσяму ηιgнт, ѕнє'∂ cℓσѕє нєя єуєѕ
                                                        Iη тнє ηιgнт, тнє ѕтσяму ηιgнт, αωαу ѕнє'∂ ƒℓу-
                                                        Aη∂ ∂яєαм σƒ ραяα-ραяα-ραяα∂ιѕє!

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Early Winter Night 2039xx
                                                        wнere - Professor Whitethorne's Officexxxx
                                                        wιтн - Professor Whitethorne
                                                        xxxxxx

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:15 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOffice
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDrew
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConcerned

spaceConsidering the circumstances, to say nothing of the tidal wave of emotion radiating off of Drew, Ada wasn't particularly surprised when the girl started rambling. She was no stranger to the habit, after all, and felt rather bad that her kids had made her feel so overwhelmed. It took a lot of willpower for Ada to reign in her empathic abilities and not soothe Drew magically subconsciously. She likely didn't look particularly welcoming for the moment, fighting off the girl's anxiety to prevent herself from having an attack, tense in her seat from the effort it took. She had her powers more or less under control, but with new people and strong emotions it could be hard.

spaceWhen the girl finally finished, Ada sighed heavily, resting her elbows on the desk and leaning forward. She tried to relax her expression, but her eyes were hard.
                                                          "I'm terribly sorry about the twins," she said softly. "They tend to not think before they speak. And meddle. It's a horrible habit. Inherited, unfortunately. I'll admit to some blame in that." Not all of it, mind. She knew she meddled, but she wasn't the sort to poke her nose into any and everything. Then again, since Drew was, indeed, related to them, she supposed they might assume this fit in with her definition of allowed meddling. "I... I'm not sure if you're looking for me to deny what they told you. If you are, then... I'm afraid I can't. I'm sure you're aware that we, ah... well, we're not exactly a normal family." She smiled faintly at this, lifting her hands and resting her chin on the now-laced fingers. "The thing about, well, vampires, is that we have heightened senses. And we can tell people's bloodlines by their scent. And you... I can't say for certain if the twins are right about where it comes from, but you do have Whitethorne blood." She gave the girl an apologetic expression and a shrug.

spaceAfter a pause, she clicked her tongue.
                                                          "That said, no one expects you to abandon your father, Drew. Believe me. My children know better than most that blood isn't the end all be all of family. If I tried to list every single person they consider family that hasn't got a drop of Whitethorne or Blythe blood in their veins, we'd be here all night. Rubin's your father, regardless of where you came from." She smiled lightly, taking a deep breath. "Zach and Desi can be... enthusiastic. They're very curious, and family is important to them. Realizing you share blood with them was probably interesting and exciting. And they have absolutely no tact whatsoever." Where they got that from, she had no idea. She and Chris were the best behaved members of the family, to be frank, so the fact that neither of their children seemed to've taken after them in that regard was frustrating. Especially when it resulted in things like this. "They probably didn't think anything about it beyond wanting to tell you. And I'm sure they did it less than gracefully. They didn't mean anything by it, though. Certainly not that Deveron, or the two of them, or anyone else they're related to, ought to be more important to you than the family you already have."

spaceAda sighed again, taking her lip between her teeth and chewing for a moment. She was almost definitely going to have to talk to Rubin about this. At least it wouldn't be hard to get in touch with him. "If I need to have a talk with the both of them about leaving you alone, I will. They'll grumble, but they'll do it. This doesn't have to mean anything to you. If your situation was less than ideal, Deveron would probably want to step in and at least be supportive of you. But you've got a family and are just fine without him, so I'm sure anything between you, if there was to be anything at all, would be on your terms. No one's forcing you into anything. If you feel you're being pressured, all you have to do is say so." Ada swore, one of these days her kids were going to cause a problem she couldn't talk their way out of. She just hoped that by then they were old and mature enough to deal with the consequences themselves. She somehow doubted it, though.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Julian Galaksylph

Professor Offices

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items