Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Whitethorne's Office Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:40 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Callie was still fidgeting nervously when suddenly... it was gone. In a wave of calm, the blonde sighed softly her brain finally releasing the worries she had. After asking about the woman's status, she confirmed she was a professor, named Professor Whitethorne. Apparently she taught potions in the upper levels... so soon she'd be Callie's teacher. Neat! She asked if Callie would go to her office, causing the younger blonde a second of hesitation. Blue eyes twinkled, but the girl nodded a bit. "We can talk, sure. B-but thank you for not getting me in trouble. It's nice to have a professor friend~" She offered a bright grin, following after Professor Whitethorne.

Once in the office, Calliope took a look around. It was surprisingly comfy, and it smelled like autumn. There were twinkly candles all over, probably creating the cozy scent. The younger blonde sat in one of the cushioned chairs, moving to sit in a curled up position. "What did you need to ask, Professor Whitethorne?" She tilted her head, offering a grin. Her emotions were ebbing on a comforting feeling. She straightened her sweater, again exposing the scarring along her neck. She gently pulled a lock of hair behind her ear, watching to see what the professor had to say.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Professor Whitethorne's Office
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Professor Whitethorne
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Question Session
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's super cozy in here

Cara MiaKitty

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                        ιи вєтωєєи иιgнт αи∂ тнє ∂αωи
                                        ι нєαя тнє ¢αℓℓ σf αи σяρнιє ѕσиg
                                        єνєяу ¢σяиєя нαѕ ιтѕ fιℓℓ σf σℓєαи∂єя
                                        αи∂ єα¢н ραтн тнαт ι ѕєє ιѕ ѕняσυ∂є∂ ιи
                                        нємℓσ¢к ℓєανєѕ, σн ѕσ ѕρℓєи∂ι∂ℓу

spaceAda was relieved when she felt the calm come over Callie. Some people were harder to influence than others, but the young girl had gone over fairly easily. It made sense, considering her age, but those marks on her neck had made Ada wonder if she'd put up a fight regardless. There was no doubt she had some level of trauma; it seems she responded in a way more similar to Olyvia than Michelle. The fact that those two were still her benchmark was probably worrisome, but the space between the two of them was vast, and encompassed most of the spectrum. Ada shuddered to think of the day she might meet someone worse than either of them.

spaceShe led Callie to her office, then had her settle into a chair. Rather than going behind her own desk, she sat on the chair next to hers, and turned them more towards one another. A flick of her wand summoned the necessary supplies for a cup of tea, which she set to brewing immediately.

spaceAs the leaves steeped, she looked to the younger girl.
                                        "Callie, sweetheart, I need to know about your scars," she said softly. "You're somewhere safe; no one and nothing is going to hurt you, understand? So I need you to tell me how you got them, if you can." It was, of course, entirely possible that she couldn't. That her memory was fogged, or wiped entirely with magic. Some people's trauma was so deep-seated that even Ada's emotional control could not override it. A girl this young, with scars that old, from a vampire's bite no less, might very well be such a case.

єνєяу иιgнт ι ∂αи¢є αмσиg
                                        fℓσωєяѕ яισтιиg ℓιкє мα∂∂єиє∂ fαυиѕ
                                        αи∂ ωιтн тнє ℓιgнт σf ∂αу, му gαя∂єи мєℓтѕ αωαу
                                        ρнαитσмѕ, ρнαитσмѕ
                                        тσ ѕнαяє тнιѕ gαя∂єи ωιтн мє

wнere - Office
                                        wнen - Friday, Midnight, Autumn 2050
                                        wιтн - Callie
                                        - ooc -
                                        blah blah blah

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:31 pm
User Image

Callie was curious why Professor Whitethorne had opted to sit beside her, rather than behind her desk. A bit of magic flowed from the woman, who set about making tea. Callie figured it was probably some kind of sleepy tea so she'd doze off and head to bed without a fuss, but it was a notable point that Callie had no real idea about teas. Once the tea was steeping into the water, Professor Whitethorne spoke up again. The words were calm and quiet, almost like she was trying to soothe the younger.... and it became quite clear why.

A small hand moved up to run her fingers over the scars, her mind flashing back to exactly how she'd gotten them. The professor said Callie was safe, that no one would hurt her. With a small nod, the younger Hufflepuff agreed to speak. "When I was younger... I lived with my father. H-he was a...vampire," her last word was whispered, eyes wide. She'd always been told never to share that information, but Professor Whitethorne promised no one would hurt her. "He raised me, taught me everything. But... but it came at a cost. When I was only teeny he went out when he was hungry... but then I got older. He'd bite me, then I'd wake up the next night all sickly."

A small, sad sigh escaped the girl, wondering if she'd said something that would get her father in more trouble. Maybe if she mentioned the good things he did, Professor Whitethorne wouldn't be upset! "He was really great most of the time, though. Showed me all the stars, taught me reading and piano and stuff... H-he did make it so I can't really go outside in the daytime, but it's understandable! He couldn't let me just... wander around while he was sleeping! Miss Steffi and Mister Luke are still trying to fix my sleep schedule but I like being up at night. It's much quieter." At that, she offered a small smile, hoping it worked enough that Professor Whitethorne wouldn't do something crazy... like maybe lock her up in a loony hospital. Or... a regular hospital... or anywhere, really.

✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Of course this is the question

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

ιи вєтωєєи иιgнт αи∂ тнє ∂αωи
                                        ι нєαя тнє ¢αℓℓ σf αи σяρнιє ѕσиg
                                        єνєяу ¢σяиєя нαѕ ιтѕ fιℓℓ σf σℓєαи∂єя
                                        αи∂ єα¢н ραтн тнαт ι ѕєє ιѕ ѕняσυ∂є∂ ιи
                                        нємℓσ¢к ℓєανєѕ, σн ѕσ ѕρℓєи∂ι∂ℓу

spaceAda managed to contain her response to Callie's words, but it was a very close thing. Visibly, her entire body tensed, but she focused very deliberately on keeping her posture and expression calm. She'd gotten the answer she expected, but now she had a dozen more at least, and all of them were likely to have equally upsetting answers. She wanted to ask if the vampire was truly Callie's father, but who knew if she would even have an answer for that? It sounded as though he was being very deliberate in his actions, which implied he was no fledgling, and she was definitely human, not half-vampire. How had she come to live with such a monster?

spaceWorse still was the girl leaping to his defense. At this, Ada's face hardened slightly, lips pursing in displeasure.
                                        "Callie, dear..." She trailed off, not really sure what to say. She wanted to try and correct this notion that her 'father' had been 'great' because he, what, acted like a parent? when he wasn't busy feeding on a young girl who couldn't say no or protect herself. But that was hardly her place, and she wasn't a therapist. Which the girl clearly needed. She was going to have to find time to go by the orphanage for a chat with Luke and Steffi, it seemed. She had no doubts they were doing everything they could, but she still wanted to talk to them. For her own peace of mind, if nothing else.

spaceRealizing she'd left the poor girl hanging, she closed her eyes for a moment, released a slow (unnecessary, but calming) breath, and then met her eyes.
                                        "You don't have to defend him," she settled on. "And I'm not going to ask you anymore questions right now, alright? But, Callie, I want you to understand, you are a child. People who look after you should not hurt you. Ever." She grimaced slightly, disturbed and worried. Apparently wandering the corridors at night was the least of the girl's problems.

spaceWith another sigh, she stood, offering her hand to the child.
                                        "Now. I'm going to take you back to your dorm, alright? You really can't be wandering the halls after hours. For one, you'll do poorly in your lessons if you're too tired to pay attention. And it's a safety issue as well." She paused, thinking for a moment. "I'm here weeknights until, oh, about two am. If you really must be up and about, I'd rather you come to my office than wander. If you don't mind." As she spoke, she began the process of gradually easing up on the influence she was exerting over Callie. She'd let it go slowly until they made it to the dorms. Removing it all at once was a surefire way to cause issues, she'd found, particularly when people's state prior to her interference was directly opposed to what she'd done. Hopefully, she was gentle enough that Callie wouldn't think anything of it.

єνєяу иιgнт ι ∂αи¢є αмσиg
                                        fℓσωєяѕ яισтιиg ℓιкє мα∂∂єиє∂ fαυиѕ
                                        αи∂ ωιтн тнє ℓιgнт σf ∂αу, му gαя∂єи мєℓтѕ αωαу
                                        ρнαитσмѕ, ρнαитσмѕ
                                        тσ ѕнαяє тнιѕ gαя∂єи ωιтн мє

wнere - Office
                                        wнen - Friday, Midnight, Autumn 2050
                                        wιтн - Callie
                                        - ooc -
                                        blah blah blah

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:58 pm
User Image

Callie tilted her head when Professor Whitethorne took a really big breath. Usually when people did that, it meant either they were very tired.... or very worried. Maybe both? The words came, "Callie dear".... then they trailed off. Oh no, it was definitely worry. The young blonde raised a hand, timidly covering the scars on her neck. She still felt calm, but something seemed... off. Hair tumbling from behind her ears, the girl allowed herself to hide in a curtain of sorts.

When the woman spoke again, Callie peeked out, wondering why she was noted not to defend her father. He'd raised her, so that was good, wasn't it? She then said she wasn't going to ask any more questions, which earned a nod from the Hufflepuff. "I know, but he only hurt me sometimes. If he wasn't hungry he was... nice." She wanted to add in the word "sometimes", but figured Professor Whitethorne would need to take another deep breath.

After a sigh from the professor, she stood, offering her hand. Callie pushed herself to her feet, holding the proffered hand. She was told that she'd be led back to Hufflepuff commons, then told not to go wandering at night. "No, no I promise I'm not too tired in the mornings... more than normal. But I'd be awake anyway. Maybe I can borrow some books...?" She offered a timid little smile, then perked up when Professor Whitethorne would be in her office until the wee hours in the morning for talking. "I might do that! You said you teach potions? I could use a little bit of help... maybe if that's okay?" At that, she sent a more genuine smile, tucking her hair back behind her ears. As they walked to the common room, Callie felt her emotions swirling a bit. Before they parted ways, the blonde looked up at the professor. "Thank you for everything, Professor Whitethorne. It was nice to talk to you. Have the loveliest of dreams~"

✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I have ideas!

Cara MiaKitty

Professor Offices

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers