Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Potions IV ~ Updated Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:27 pm
It feels like I only go backwards, baby-
Every part of me says "go ahead".
I got my hopes up again, oh no, not again.
I know that you think, you sound,
Silly when you call my name...
But I hear it inside my head all day.
When I realize I'm just holding onto...
The hope that maybe your feelings don't show

User Image
𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

FOURTH YEAR │ PUREBLOOD │ RAVENCLAW

Tiernan was fine with Potions. Not some brewing prodigy, not like she was with Herbology, naturally gifted, but good enough that although she occasionally made mistakes, they usually weren't too severe, and she'd certainly never had anything blow up in her face. Besides, this potion was actually very useful, so she was determined to get it right, even if she didn't like the thought of killing a plant. They were, after all, still living things, and she was a bit of a softie at heart. She started with the lionfish spines, wrinkling her nose at the smell.

OOC:
Quote:

The seed of all this indecision isn't me, oh no,
'Cause I decided long ago.
But that's the way it seems to go when trying.
So hard to get to something real,
It feels like I only go backwards, darling,
Every part of me says "go ahead".
I got my hopes up again, oh no... not again.
Feels like we only go backwards, darlin'.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFourth Year Students
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

чσu αnd mє hαvє sєєn єvєrчthíng frσm вαngkσkcαlgαrчxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє sσlєs σf чσur shσєs αrє αll wσrn dσwnxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє tímє fσr slєєp ís nσw - ít's nσthíng tσ crч αвσutxxxxxx
                                                          'cαusє wє'll hσld єαch σthєr sσσn - thє вlαckєst σf rσσmsxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide watched as her new fourth years entered the classroom, seated behind the desk, what appeared to be a cherry lollipop in her mouth. On the desk, to lessen any suspicion concerning the 'treat', she had a jar of similar looking lollipops, of various flavors, with a small sign indicating that, should they be inclined, students were free to take one. It served a dual purpose; making her own seem less notable, and hopefully endearing herself to the students.

spaceThe blonde smoothed her skirt as she stood to start the lesson, hoping she'd make a good first impression. If the students liked her, rumors were much less likely to fly. "Evening, everyone! I'm Professor Adalaide Whitethorne. I assume you all know one another well enough by now, so I won't bother with any sort of lengthy introductions or anything like that. If everyone could just stand up, give me your name and house, we'll be done with it." She hoped she could keep the names straight, but reasoned that it shouldn't be overly difficult if she paid close attention. "I'd also like to request that, just for these first couple of weeks, if you could try to keep in the same seats, since it'll make it easier for me to associate names with faces."

spaceOnce the introductions were out of the way, she waved her wand, and a set of instructions appeared on the board. "Today, we'll be starting off with the Wit-Sharpening Potion. Its purpose is to help the drinker think more clearly, and it can be used to counteract the affects of a confundus charm. It's a somewhat complex potion, so if you need any help, feel free to ask either myself or one of your classmates. When brewed correctly, the potion should be a dark orange color. The instructions are up for you on the board, supplies are in the cupboard." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxíf hєαvєn αnd hєll dєcídє thαt thєч вσth αrє sαtísfíєd
                                                          xxxxxxíllumínαtє thє nσ's σn thєír vαcαncч sígns
                                                          xxxxxxxxxíf thєrє's nσ σnє вєsídє чσu whєn чσur sσul єmвαrks
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxthєn í'll fσllσw чσu íntσ thє dαrk

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Potions Instructions
Lesson 1 : Wit - Sharpening Potion

User Image

Directions:
              • Mix in Ginger Root until lime green.
              • Mix Armadillo Bile until blue.
              • Mix Ground Scarab Beetles until red.
              • Remix Armadillo Bile until red liquid is yellow. (Not dark green)
              • Remix Ginger Roots until brew is lime green.
              • Mix Armadillo Bile until the potion is purple.
              • Allow potion to simmer for 10 minutes.
              • Add more Ginger Root until the potion is dark orange.

xxxx× × ×xxxxSTUDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx
This is a core class, meaning all fourth year students are required to attend.
Any student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:20 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Fourth Years

With : Each other & the class

User ImageUser Image
Monday was a pretty lax day for the four girls. With only Candace and Minako having art that morning they had the whole day pretty much to themselves. Only problem was potions was now in the after dinner block. A fact Kimberly didn’t like as she strolled into class. Oddly enough beat all three of the others. It paid to be in the dungeon already. Taking a seat she found the room to be odd. It was probably just how nice the room looked what with it being within the dungeon.

Soon to follow was Alana and Candace who strolled over to join the Slytherin who seemed to be unhappy. “You okay Kimi?” Alana asked her. “Oh yeah, late night plus a class I’m terrible at. Sounds great doesn’t it?” Kimberly replied. “Hey, don’t worry about it we’ve gotten you through the first three years of potions.” Candace replied. “I’m not really any better Kim.” Alana replied sheepishly.

“Who said they aren’t good at potions?” Minako said walking over to the group of three. “I love the room.” She commented to the nice atmosphere. “Yeah the floating candles are a nice touch.” Alana replied with a small smile. Getting settled into their seats the girls listened to their new professor. With quick introduction each girl stood, giving their name and their house before sitting down. “Candace Mackenzie, Hufflepuff.” Candace happily said. “Good evening, Minako Tanaka, Ravenclaw.” Minako said politely. “Alana Rivero, Hufflepuff.” Alana introduced trying to speak loud enough to be heard luckily it was better than previous years. “Kimberly Leon, Slytherin.” Kimberly said reluctantly. She hated introductions.

Getting into the first potion of the year, the girls went straight to work. “I like the sounds of this potion.” Minako beamed at the idea of a potion that could learn one’s mind. “You would wouldn’t you.” Kimberly muttered under her breath. “At least this potion seems to be mostly color based.” Alana commented. They could handle dealing with color. As they went along Candace somehow managed to make her potion turn pink… which she just stared dumbfounded at it. “What’s wrong Candace?” Alana asked. “It’s pink… I don’t think it’s supposed to be pink.” She told her. “What step were you on?” Minako asked. “Adding the armadillo bile…” Kimberly rolled her eyes. “Which one? If you haven’t noticed we mix it in like three times.”

“Um… I just finished remixing the ginger root.” Candace told them. “Try adding more of the armadillo… maybe it hasn’t quite reached purple yet.” Alana suggested. “I agree with Alana try that.” Minako agreed. “You sure this isn’t going to blow up?” She questioned. They all gave her a look before she went to work. Luckily enough it turned purple like they had thought. No explosions today.

Alana ~ Status : She seems nice... Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Content Theme ~ Attire
Kimberly ~ Status : Not thrilled... Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:45 pm
User Image
                                                      Yeah, you may think that I'm a zero, but, hey, everyone you wanna be probably started off like me.
                                                      You may say that I'm a freakshow, but, hey, give it just a little time. I bet you're gonna change your mind.

𝓢𝓴𝔂𝓵𝓪𝓻 𝓐𝓷𝓷𝒆 ℳ𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓵𝒆𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷
                                                      Fourth Year / Hufflepuff / Pureblood

All of the dirt you've been throwin' my way, it ain't so hard to take, that's right.
                                                      'Cause I know one day you'll be screamin' my name, and I'll just look away, that's right.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Skylar wandered into the Potions classroom, happy to see that it was much nicer than her old classroom for this class. It was warm and smelled wonderful, and generally seemed very cozy and homey. She loved it, and hoped that maybe the friendly surroundings would help her to do better in this class than she had in previous years. Taking a seat, she listened to her new teacher, Professor Whitethorne, a woman who seemed to match her warm classroom. She asked for simple introductions, Skylar standing up when it was her turn. "Um, I'm Skylar Macclellan and, um, I'm a Hufflepuff," she said nervously before sitting back down. First introductions were always so difficult for her.

Moving right along to today's assignment, Skylar set up her work station and opened her textbook to follow along with the instructions. She wasn't good at Potions, at all, but she could follow directions. This potion, the Wit-Sharpening Potion, seemed pretty easy. It mostly involved adding ingredients until the potion changed colors. She could do that, she hoped. Starting off with ginger root, the short girl added it to her cauldron until the brew turned lime green, then she added armadillo bile until it changed to blue. Grinding her scarab beetles, she added them to the pot until the potion turned red. Next, she needed to add more armadillo bile until the brew shifted from red to yellow, not dark green, as the text said. After that was done, Skylar added more ginger roots, the yellow brightening to lime green again. More admadillo bile, which Sky was curious about, and the potion turned purple. She was almost done, letting her potion simmer for ten minutes, on the dot. When her waiting time was up, she added the final ginger roots, the potion changed from purple to dark orange. Glancing between her cauldron and textbook, Skylar was confident that she brewed the potion correctly.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth so everyone can hear.
                                                      Hit me with the worst you got and knock me down, baby, I don't care.
                                                      Keep it up and soon enough you'll figure out you wanna be a loser like me.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFourth Year Students
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

чσu αnd mє hαvє sєєn єvєrчthíng frσm вαngkσkcαlgαrчxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє sσlєs σf чσur shσєs αrє αll wσrn dσwnxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє tímє fσr slєєp ís nσw - ít's nσthíng tσ crч αвσutxxxxxx
                                                          'cαusє wє'll hσld єαch σthєr sσσn - thє вlαckєst σf rσσmsxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide was feeling much more confident this week, which she supposed only made sense. She'd met all her students, at least recognized most of their faces, knew a couple of names. More to the point, she didn't think she'd aroused any suspicion thus far, which was good. Once everyone was seated, the blonde stood and circled around to stand in front of her desk, leaning back on it, a hand resting on the surface to support her. The other reached to her bun and pulled her wand out, giving it a flick to write the day's instructions on the board.

space"Welcome back, everyone. Today, you'll be learning about and brewing what is known as the Herbicide Potion. As the name suggests, it is a potion which damages and kills plants. It is primarily used to kill and be rid of dangerous flora that finds its way into a person's garden before the plant matures and becomes a threat. It works on plants of all levels of maturity, though the effectiveness hinges largely on the potency of the potion, the amount used, and the size of the plant in question. For instance, a single vial may be enough to kill an immature Devil's Snare you find just starting to sprout in your backyard, but if the plant is left to grow, it will require a larger volume to do more than make it ill." The Hufflepuff smirked faintly. "I would highly suggest you not be caught with any amount of this potion anywhere near the greenhouses here at school, for reasons I'm sure I needn't specify," she chirped, unable to resist needling Jason, even if he weren't present. Besides, it was probably a good thing to warn them, anyway. "The potion itself is not too complex, and should be simple enough to complete. If you have any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for help, either from myself or a classmate. When the potion is complete, it should be a deep green color. You may collect your supplies from the cupboard and begin." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxíf hєαvєn αnd hєll dєcídє thαt thєч вσth αrє sαtísfíєd
                                                          xxxxxxíllumínαtє thє nσ's σn thєír vαcαncч sígns
                                                          xxxxxxxxxíf thєrє's nσ σnє вєsídє чσu whєn чσur sσul єmвαrks
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxthєn í'll fσllσw чσu íntσ thє dαrk

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Potions Instructions
Lesson 2 : Herbicide Potion

User Image

Directions:
              • Add 4 lionfish spines to the mortar
              • Crush into a rough powder using the pestle
              • Add 2 measurements of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
              • Crush into a rough powder
              •Add 3 measures of the crushed mixture to your cauldron
              • Wave your wand
              • Add 2 measures of Horklump juice to your cauldron
              • Heat to a medium temperature for 10 seconds
              • Add 2 blobs of Flobberworm mucus to your cauldron while it's still on the heat
              • Stir 4 times, clockwise
              • Wave your wand to complete the potion

xxxx× × ×xxxxSTUDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx
This is a core class, meaning all fourth year students are required to attend.
Any student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

Replies to Previous Lesson
5 points each to Skylar Macclellan, Candace Mackenzie, and Alana Rivero of Hufflepuff House for class participation.

5 points to Minako Tanaka of Ravenclaw House for class participation.

5 points to Kimberly Leon of Slytherin House for class participation.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                        уσυ αи∂ мє нανє ѕєєи єνєяутнιиg тσ ѕєє fяσм вαиgкσк тσ ¢αℓgαяу
                                        αи∂ тнє ѕσℓєѕ σf уσυя ѕнσєѕ αяє αℓℓ ωσяи ∂σωи
                                        тнє тιмє fσя ѕℓєєρ ιѕ иσω вυт ιт'ѕ иσтнιиg тσ ¢яу αвσυт
                                        '¢αυѕє ωє'ℓℓ нσℓ∂ єα¢н σтнєя ѕσσи ιи тнє вℓα¢кєѕт σf яσσмѕ

spaceAdalaide watched as her new fourth years entered the classroom, seated behind the desk, what appeared to be a cherry lollipop in her mouth. On the desk, to lessen any suspicion concerning the 'treat', she had a jar of similar looking lollipops, of various flavors, with a small sign indicating that, should they be inclined, students were free to take one. It served a dual purpose; making her own seem less notable, and hopefully endearing herself to the students.

spaceThe blonde smoothed her skirt as she stood to start the lesson, hoping she'd make a good first impression. If the students liked her, rumors were much less likely to fly. "Evening, everyone! I'm Professor Adalaide Whitethorne. I assume you all know one another well enough by now, so I won't bother with any sort of lengthy introductions or anything like that. If everyone could just stand up, give me your name and house, we'll be done with it." She hoped she could keep the names straight, but reasoned that it shouldn't be overly difficult if she paid close attention. "I'd also like to request that, just for these first couple of weeks, if you could try to keep in the same seats, since it'll make it easier for me to associate names with faces."

spaceOnce the introductions were out of the way, she waved her wand, and a set of instructions appeared on the board. "Today, we'll be starting off with the Wit-Sharpening Potion. Its purpose is to help the drinker think more clearly, and it can be used to counteract the affects of a confundus charm. It's a somewhat complex potion, so if you need any help, feel free to ask either myself or one of your classmates. When brewed correctly, the potion should be a dark orange color. The instructions are up for you on the board, supplies are in the cupboard." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

ιf нєανєи αи∂ нєℓℓ ∂є¢ι∂є тнαт тнєу вσтн αяє ѕαтιѕfιє∂
                                        ιℓℓυмιиαтє тнє 'иσ'ѕ σи тнєιя να¢αи¢у ѕιgиѕ
                                        ιf тнєяє'ѕ иσ σиє вєѕι∂є уσυ ωнєи уσυя ѕσυℓ ємвαякѕ
                                        тнєи ι'ℓℓ fσℓℓσω уσυ ιитσ тнє ∂αяк

- ooc -
                                        blah blah blah

xxxx× × ×xxxxLesson 1 - Wit-Sharpening Potionxxxx× × ×xxxx
                                        (( Directions below spoiler ))

Directions:
                                            x Mix in Ginger Root until lime green
                                            x Mix Armadillo Bile until blue
                                            x Mix Ground Scarab Beetles until red
                                            x Remix Armadillo Bile until red liquid is yellow (not dark green)
                                            x Remix Ginger Root until the brew is lime green
                                            x Mix Armadillo Bile until the potion is purple
                                            x Allow potion to simmer for 10 minutes
                                            x Add more ginger root until deep purple

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:01 am
x× × × Notice to Roleplayers × × ×x

This classroom has been updated to serve as a free roleplay space!
Students may be posted attending lessons without waiting on Professor updates.
More information can be found in the first post.

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff