Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Potions VI ~ Updated Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:24 pm
We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves...
But I'll believe in anything,
And you'll believe in anything.
If I could take the fire out from the water-
I'd share a life and you'd share a life.
I'd take you where nobody knows you,
And nobody gives a damn.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ˢᶤˣᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵛᶤᶜᵉ ᶜᵃᵖᵗᵃᶤᶰ ᵃᶰᵈ ˢᵉᵉᵏᵉʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander would have assumed Amortentia was to blame for his parents marriage in the first place, but he wasn't delusional enough to think his father actually loved his mother, so that was null and void. But the fact that they were even taught how to brew this was ridiculous. There were probably other complex potions they could have learned instead, but the school chose the potion that made you lose your f**king mind. Classic. In the end his potion smelled like old books and rosin, vanilla and oranges, and sea salt.

OOC:
Username

And I could take another hit for you-
And I could take away your trips from you!
And I could take away the salt from your eyes-
And take away the spitting salt in you!
And I could give you my apologies...
By handing over my neologies...
And I could take away the shaking knees.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide was feeling much more confident this week, which she supposed only made sense. She'd met all her students, at least recognized most of their faces, knew a couple of names. More to the point, she didn't think she'd aroused any suspicion thus far, which was good. Once everyone was seated, the blonde stood and circled around to stand in front of her desk, leaning back on it, a hand resting on the surface to support her. The other reached to her bun and pulled her wand out, giving it a flick to write the day's instructions on the board.

space"Welcome back, everyone. Today, you'll be learning about and brewing what is known as the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. It's an odd potion, and one you have to be very careful with. The purpose of the potion is to cause absolute happiness within the drinker. It's generally used to treat bouts of depression, though this is a somewhat problematic usage, as the happiness caused by the potion is very overwhelming, and it can become addictive. Furthermore, like a Cheering Charm, it is a very delicate thing, and taking too much or too potent of a dose can have lasting, often negative repercussions, so it's best to treat the elixir with caution. As with any potion of this nature, I emphasize that it is not to be used except as a last resort, when all other options have failed to achieve the desired result, and that it should be used extremely sparingly." She paused, pursing her lips, then continued on with the actual lesson, figuring there was no need to harp on the subject of the dangers of potions. "The potion itself can be quite complicated, so don't worry too much if you find yourself unsure of what you're doing. If you have any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for help, either from myself or a classmate. When the potion is complete, it should be a bright, sunshine yellow. It is also recommended, though not required, that you add a sprig of peppermint to the potion in the early prep stages to help curtail some of the more dramatic effects, such as excessive singing and nose-tweaking. You may collect your supplies from the cupboard and begin." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          Please do not quote for replies!
                                                          If there are questions, they will be answered later in the week, or before the lesson closes.

Potions Instructions
Lesson 2 : Elixir to Induce Euphoria

User Image

Directions:
              • Add peppermint until the potion turns red.
              • Add shrivelfig until the potion turns turquoise.
              • Stir until it turns blue.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns yellow.
              • Add porcupine quills till the potion turns blue.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns purple.
              • Add seven castor beans.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns brown.
              • Add shrivelfig till the potion turns pink.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns orange.
              • Add wormwood till the potion turns yellow.

xxxx× × ×xxxxSTUDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx
Any registered student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:33 pm
We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves...
But I'll believe in anything,
And you'll believe in anything.
If I could take the fire out from the water-
I'd share a life and you'd share a life.
I'd take you where nobody knows you,
And nobody gives a damn.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ˢᶤˣᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵛᶤᶜᵉ ᶜᵃᵖᵗᵃᶤᶰ ᵃᶰᵈ ˢᵉᵉᵏᵉʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander tried not to roll his eyes. First the 'causes obsessive delusional love' potion, now the 'happy all the time' potion. Were they trying to send a message here? 'Drug each other?' Vander wasn't terrible with potions, but he hadn't inherited his The B***h's skill with them, either, so his potion was more of a buttery creamy yellow than sunny.

OOC:
Username

And I could take another hit for you-
And I could take away your trips from you!
And I could take away the salt from your eyes-
And take away the spitting salt in you!
And I could give you my apologies...
By handing over my neologies...
And I could take away the shaking knees.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:21 am
User Image

User Image
                                                                  ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Tori made her way through the dungeons to her Potions class. She liked this class, and the professor that taught it. She was very nice, and helped her often when she couldn't figure something out, which was more often than she liked. It was alright though. Today, they were making a potion that made the drinker happy. Tori liked the idea of such a thing. She always wanted the people around her to be happy, so being able to make a potion like this one would probably come in handy later. Gathering her supplies, she began by adding peppermint to the potion until it was a beautiful red, then adding shrivelfig until it turned turquoise. She loved that color, but not on her. For her, she preferred reds and greens. Stirring her brew, she waited for it to turn blue before leaving it to simmer until it was yellow. Then, she added the quills until it was blue again and let it simmer until it was purple. There were definitely a lot of color changes in this potion. Counting out seven castor beans, Tori added them to her brew and let it simmer until it was brown. She liked brown in the autumn. It didn't fight the amazing colors of the leaves, but it still blended well with her skin tone, hair and her surroundings. Adding more shrivelfig until the potion was pink, Tori knew she was nearing the end of her endeavor. She allowed the brew to simmer until the pink faded into orange, then added the last ingredient, wormwood, until the orange lightened to a sunshine yellow. Perfection!

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
                                                                  ƓRƳƑƑǀƝƊOR SǀXƬH ƳƐAR ƤƦЄƑЄƇƬ xx
                                                                  MAƊAM MALƘǀƝS ǀƝƬƐRƝ .xxxxxxxxx

Armed with an attitude that she knows how to use, she's gonna get there any way she can.
                                                                  Now she knows what she wants. No one is gonna stop her. Nothing's ever gonna hold her back.
                                                                  That girl was a one time teenage drama queen, a hot, tough everyday wannabee.
                                                                  But she'll have changed her destiny. Now she's a somebody.
                                                                  That girl was a wild child dreamer but she'll find herself.
                                                                  'Cause she believes in nothin' else, and you'll look back,
                                                                  and you won't believe, that girl was me.

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:40 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceAdalaide watched as her sixth years entered the classroom, seated behind the desk, what appeared to be a cherry lollipop in her mouth. On the desk, to lessen any suspicion concerning the 'treat', she had a jar of similar looking lollipops, of various flavors, with a small sign indicating that, should they be inclined, students were free to take one. It served a dual purpose; making her own seem less notable, and hopefully endearing herself to the students.

spaceOnce everyone was settled, she waved her wand, and a set of instructions appeared on the board. "Welcome back, everyone! Before I begin this lesson, I am going to preface it with a warning; love potions are serious business. They are not toys. They are not a way to gain the attention of someone you admire. This is especially true in this case, as Amortentia is the strongest love potion in existence. It does not create love. It makes the person who drinks it obsessive and infatuated, and it is dangerous. You are being taught this potion because it is extremely complex, and you, as NEWT-level students, are expected to be learning to brew complex potions. But not one drop of it will leave this room, and if I find out you are trying to sneak it out, there will be serious repercussions." Adalaide attempted to look as stern as she possibly could, which was somewhat hindered by the fact that most of her students were taller than her and probably outweighed her by a good fifty pounds. But, it was something her father had hammered into her for basically her entire life. Love potions were dangerous. She supposed that at least she had the experience of being a mother to help bolster her ability to look intimidating, though it was much easier to intimidate a pair of four year olds. Or... well, maybe not. Meanwhile, she had to hope that none of her students were in the grip of teenage rebellion for the sake of rebellion and would now find the challenge of sneaking the potion past her irresistible. Hopefully, they were more mature than that... hopefully. At least she'd be able to smell it on them if they did try anything.

spaceThe Hufflepuff gestured to the board. "Instructions are on the board, and in your textbooks, supplies can be found in the cupboard. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask, either myself or one of your classmates. When brewed correctly, the potion should have a mother-of-pearl sheen, with steam rising in a distinctive spiral, and give off a scent that is a combination of scents you personally find attractive or pleasing. Chocolate, rainfall, a certain someone's cologne, any scent that exceptionally pleasing to you. It will smell different to every person, so don't worry if your perception is different than that of your neighbor; that means you did it right." Ada had considered for all of a second sharing what the potion smelled like to her as examples, but figured it'd be best not. First of all, she'd have to lie, because ever since being turned, it'd taken on a distinct trace of blood, which was understandable but still somewhat odd. Second of all, she had a feeling saying 'my husband' would probably be TMI for some of the students.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          If there are questions, they will be answered later in the week, or before the lesson closes.

Potions Instructions
Lesson 1 : Amortentia

User Image

Directions:
              • Add 3 rose thorns to your cauldron
              • Add 2 veela hairs to your cauldron
              • Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron
              • Stir 3 times, clockwise
              • Heat to a medium temperature for 5 minutes
              • Wave your wand
              • Leave to brew and return in 60 minutes.
              • Add 5 pinches of lovage to your cauldron
              • Add a pinch of silverweed to your cauldron
              • Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise
              • Wave the wand to complete the potion

Any registered student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Potions - Wednesday @ 11:00pm

Grace walked into potions on her relatively lax midweek day. She didn’t mind having potions late in the evening. She had a pretty late start to the day so it didn’t feel like much of a punishment. “Evening Professor Whitethorne.” The Ravenclaw greeted as she took her seat. Taking out her things she got ready for a new potion. The love potion Amortentia was a troublesome potion. Grace knew that it didn’t create real love, nothing could do that. Taking notes she wished she could get enough courage just to tell Avian how she felt. Perhaps she should bottle some for luck… or maybe a luck potion would be more appropriate.

Getting all the things she needed, Grace got to work on her love potion. Adding three rose thorns, two veela hairs, and two measures of standard ingredient to her cauldron, she then stirred it clockwise three times, and heated it for five minutes on medium. Waving her wand Grace then let her potion brew for sixty minutes before adding five pinches of lovage and a pinch of silverweed. Stirring it anti-clockwise five times she gave one final wave to complete it. As expected it was the proper mother of pearl sheen color. The spiral steam coming off it was accurate and it smelt like… newly bound books and…

Instantly Grace blushed at the thought. Pushing her thoughts from her mind she couldn’t confirm what she really smelt. It wasn’t like she could place it to anything or anyone in particular… or at least that’s what she wanted to believe.

User Image

With: Class… Professor Whitethorne

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:46 pm
User Image
                                                          And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                          A shame you seemed an honest man
                                                          And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Sixth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅵ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅵ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

"Good evening, Professor Whitethorne," said Selina when she arrived for class, not long after Grace did. It was the end of a long day for her, and she would be quite grateful to retire to her bed, and sleep in a little bit tomorrow. She didn't need the professor's warnings to know the love potion was dangerous, and hoped nobody was stupid enough to try absconding with any after class. Selina made a mental note to keep her eyes open for any sign of smuggling activities; as a Prefect it was her responsibility to help the Professor in that regard.

After getting her ingredients and setting them up so she could grab them as needed, Selina set to work assembling her 'love' potion with the same ease she would assembling a lasagna. When she was done, she had a potion which was that mother of pearl colour, and she got a whiff of the vapours rolling off the results of her work.

She was rewarded with the scent of old parchment, and ... "Oh, my," was the only comment she had, as she blushed a bit, and knew in her heart what else she scented...

════════════════════════
                                                          OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                                          User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                                          and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                          But you know that it means so much
                                                          And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceAdalaide watched as her sixth years entered the classroom, seated behind the desk, what appeared to be a cherry lollipop in her mouth. On the desk, to lessen any suspicion concerning the 'treat', she had a jar of similar looking lollipops, of various flavors, with a small sign indicating that, should they be inclined, students were free to take one. It served a dual purpose; making her own seem less notable, and hopefully endearing herself to the students.

spaceOnce everyone was settled, she waved her wand, and a set of instructions appeared on the board. "Welcome back, everyone! Before I begin this lesson, I am going to preface it with a warning; love potions are serious business. They are not toys. They are not a way to gain the attention of someone you admire. This is especially true in this case, as Amortentia is the strongest love potion in existence. It does not create love. It makes the person who drinks it obsessive and infatuated, and it is dangerous. You are being taught this potion because it is extremely complex, and you, as NEWT-level students, are expected to be learning to brew complex potions. But not one drop of it will leave this room, and if I find out you are trying to sneak it out, there will be serious repercussions." Adalaide attempted to look as stern as she possibly could, which was somewhat hindered by the fact that most of her students were taller than her and probably outweighed her by a good fifty pounds. But, it was something her father had hammered into her for basically her entire life. Love potions were dangerous. She supposed that at least she had the experience of being a mother to help bolster her ability to look intimidating, though it was much easier to intimidate a pair of four year olds. Or... well, maybe not. Meanwhile, she had to hope that none of her students were in the grip of teenage rebellion for the sake of rebellion and would now find the challenge of sneaking the potion past her irresistible. Hopefully, they were more mature than that... hopefully. At least she'd be able to smell it on them if they did try anything.

spaceThe Hufflepuff gestured to the board. "Instructions are on the board, and in your textbooks, supplies can be found in the cupboard. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask, either myself or one of your classmates. When brewed correctly, the potion should have a mother-of-pearl sheen, with steam rising in a distinctive spiral, and give off a scent that is a combination of scents you personally find attractive or pleasing. Chocolate, rainfall, a certain someone's cologne, any scent that exceptionally pleasing to you. It will smell different to every person, so don't worry if your perception is different than that of your neighbor; that means you did it right." Ada had considered for all of a second sharing what the potion smelled like to her as examples, but figured it'd be best not. First of all, she'd have to lie, because ever since being turned, it'd taken on a distinct trace of blood, which was understandable but still somewhat odd. Second of all, she had a feeling saying 'my husband' would probably be TMI for some of the students.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Potions Instructions

User Image

Directions:
              • Wave your wand

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSixth Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel walked into the class in which was one of his favorites. The class, along with Herbology always seemed to engage him in a positive way. That day's lesson dealt with Amortentia, as the professor put it, the strongest love potion in existence. Personally, Lionel was surprised that they were learning about it because of how dangerous it could become, but the knowledge of how to make it might prove useful for whatever reason. Nor did he ever question his professors anyway. They were just teaching the curriculum after all.

So, when the professor instructed them to start with the Potion, off Lionel went. He retrieved all of the ingredients listed and started up his first Amortentia Potion.

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Ugh, Tristan snorted harshly through all the perfumes and candles and aromas and—whatever that underlying scent was—it always gave him a headache. But this week was worse than usual. Sallow, sunken features were mostly hidden behind the scruff of a beard across his neck and cheeks. But you could see it in his eyes; sunken, strained, agitated. His tie was half undone and loose around his chest, the buttons on his vest were off by one, making them uneven and crooked. But he didn't care. He was exhausted and he wanted to sleep. Not brew a damned love potion. Too bad it was too late help. What with Carver and Gia being shoved together years ago, and Lori and Zeph hiding their relationship. And he? Well... He didn't need that trouble, he supposed. And Sybil? He hadn't spoken to her all summer long, and she hadn't shown up to any of their classes. Part of him is torn between owling her, but, what if she left to get away from him? He tried to convince himself it didn't matter anymore. He doesn't need anyone anymore. Hell, he can get by with snogging no-name girls and no strings attached. Managing to compartmentalize his thoughts long enough to brew the potion, Tristan was left stranding over a cauldron that had the strong aroma of blood, fresh woodland rain, and a certain shampoo or lotion that seemed so familiar but he just... couldn't put a finger on where or who.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: Potions Class】 【COMPANY:: classmates】 【ATTIRE:: xxx】 【STATS:: 5' 9", 153lbs
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Potions VI
Lesson Two: Elixir to Induce Euphoria
Wednesday, Block Eight, 11:00pm to 11:45pm

╚══════════════╝

”Hello students, I'm Professor Amorocho, your Ravenclaw Head of House. Unfortunately, Professor Whitethorne has fallen ill and has taken time off to recover. In the meantime, I will be substituting your class. Now, I believe last week you covered Amortentia?” He paused, waiting for either the nod of affirmation or the shrug of indifference. ”Well this week, you will be learning how to brew the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. Now, if you couldn't already guess. This potion, which is a sunshine yellow in color, can induce a sense of inexplicable, irrational happiness. Imagine the cheering charm, drunk, on its seventeenth birthday... times that by ten... and then you get about to what the elixir feels like.” He clasped his hands together, hoping to garner the full attention of the class before moving on.

”The elixir is... rather unconventional. It's uses are limited, typically to treat bouts of chronic depression, however, because the potion is so strong, it can be overwhelming, addicting, even. So, like with the Calming Draught and Cheering Charm, it should be used delicately and in moderation, preferably under supervision of a loved one, caretaker, or healer, because taking too much or too potent of a dose can cause a negative reaction. It is best to use this elixir with extreme caution. And of course, as with any magic of this nature, I advise to use this potion as a last resort, if at all, and should be used extremely sparingly. Too much of something can be dangerous, yes? Well too much of this can be fatal.” Swiping his hands clean, he then gestured to the board behind him.

”Now, with that out of the way, be sure to have your notes copied first, then you're free to begin collecting your ingredients from the cupboard. If you need any help, feel free to ask, either from myself or a classmate. When the potion is complete, it should be a bright, sunshine yellow. It is also recommended, though not required, that you add a sprig of peppermint to the potion in the early prep stages to help curtail some of the more dramatic effects, such as excessive singing and nose-tweaking.”

Potions Instructions

User Image

Directions:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Potions Instructions

User Image

Directions:
              • Wave your wand

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingle

Hannah would have happily cut her Potions classes from her schedule just to rid herself of all the midnight classes, and make her week that much easier (at this point, she only took classes four days a week, and used Friday to get her homework caught up so she'd have her weekends free and clear for other things), but knew Mother Grey would have had her hide for doing so. The Clan Matriarch was determined one of her dear ones would continue the tradition of having a Potioneer in the family, and so there would be no arguments on this point.

Potions came easily for Hannah though, so it wasn't so bad as say ... Transfigurations, and she didn't mind having Professor Whitethorne as her teacher, as she was a nice person and much easier to deal with than others of her colleagues. At least she didn't need to introduce herself again.

Brewing her 'Love Potion' was a matter of loading her cauldron in the correct sequence and taking each step carefully, rather like making a souffle, and after an hour and change's work, she was rewarded with potion with a sheen like satin and steam spiraled from its depths in a pleasing fashion. Carefully, she drew in a whiff of her results, and got the scent of chocolate (her one great weakness) and something else...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:21 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceAdalaide was feeling much more confident this week, which she supposed only made sense. She'd met all her students, at least recognized most of their faces, knew a couple of names. More to the point, she didn't think she'd aroused any suspicion thus far, which was good. Once everyone was seated, the blonde stood and circled around to stand in front of her desk, leaning back on it, a hand resting on the surface to support her. The other reached to her bun and pulled her wand out, giving it a flick to write the day's instructions on the board.

space"Welcome back, everyone. Today, you'll be learning about and brewing what is known as the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. It's an odd potion, and one you have to be very careful with. The purpose of the potion is to cause absolute happiness within the drinker. It's generally used to treat bouts of depression, though this is a somewhat problematic usage, as the happiness caused by the potion is very overwhelming, and it can become addictive. Furthermore, like a Cheering Charm, it is a very delicate thing, and taking too much or too potent of a dose can have lasting, often negative repercussions, so it's best to treat the elixir with caution. As with any potion of this nature, I emphasize that it is not to be used except as a last resort, when all other options have failed to achieve the desired result, and that it should be used extremely sparingly." She paused, pursing her lips, then continued on with the actual lesson, figuring there was no need to harp on the subject of the dangers of potions. "The potion itself can be quite complicated, so don't worry too much if you find yourself unsure of what you're doing. If you have any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for help, either from myself or a classmate. When the potion is complete, it should be a bright, sunshine yellow. It is also recommended, though not required, that you add a sprig of peppermint to the potion in the early prep stages to help curtail some of the more dramatic effects, such as excessive singing and nose-tweaking. You may collect your supplies from the cupboard and begin." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Potions Instructions

User Image

Directions:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year Students
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

чσu αnd mє hαvє sєєn єvєrчthíng frσm вαngkσkcαlgαrчxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє sσlєs σf чσur shσєs αrє αll wσrn dσwnxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє tímє fσr slєєp ís nσw - ít's nσthíng tσ crч αвσutxxxxxx
                                                          'cαusє wє'll hσld єαch σthєr sσσn - thє вlαckєst σf rσσmsxxx

xxxíf hєαvєn αnd hєll dєcídє thαt thєч вσth αrє sαtísfíєd
                                                          xxxxxxíllumínαtє thє nσ's σn thєír vαcαncч sígns
                                                          xxxxxxxxxíf thєrє's nσ σnє вєsídє чσu whєn чσur sσul єmвαrks
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxthєn í'll fσllσw чσu íntσ thє dαrk

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Potions Instructions

User Image

Directions:
              • Wave your wand

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff