Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Potions VI ~ Updated Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSixth Year Students
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

чσu αnd mє hαvє sєєn єvєrчthíng frσm вαngkσkcαlgαrчxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє sσlєs σf чσur shσєs αrє αll wσrn dσwnxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thє tímє fσr slєєp ís nσw - ít's nσthíng tσ crч αвσutxxxxxx
                                                          'cαusє wє'll hσld єαch σthєr sσσn - thє вlαckєst σf rσσmsxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide was feeling much more confident this week, which she supposed only made sense. She'd met all her students, at least recognized most of their faces, knew a couple of names. More to the point, she didn't think she'd aroused any suspicion thus far, which was good. Once everyone was seated, the blonde stood and circled around to stand in front of her desk, leaning back on it, a hand resting on the surface to support her. The other reached to her bun and pulled her wand out, giving it a flick to write the day's instructions on the board.

space"Welcome back, everyone. Today, you'll be learning about and brewing what is known as the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. It's an odd potion, and one you have to be very careful with. The purpose of the potion is to cause absolute happiness within the drinker. It's generally used to treat bouts of depression, though this is a somewhat problematic usage, as the happiness caused by the potion is very overwhelming, and it can become addictive. Furthermore, like a Cheering Charm, it is a very delicate thing, and taking too much or too potent of a dose can have lasting, often negative repercussions, so it's best to treat the elixir with caution. As with any potion of this nature, I emphasize that it is not to be used except as a last resort, when all other options have failed to achieve the desired result, and that it should be used extremely sparingly." She paused, pursing her lips, then continued on with the actual lesson, figuring there was no need to harp on the subject of the dangers of potions. "The potion itself can be quite complicated, so don't worry too much if you find yourself unsure of what you're doing. If you have any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for help, either from myself or a classmate. When the potion is complete, it should be a bright, sunshine yellow. It is also recommended, though not required, that you add a sprig of peppermint to the potion in the early prep stages to help curtail some of the more dramatic effects, such as excessive singing and nose-tweaking. You may collect your supplies from the cupboard and begin." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxíf hєαvєn αnd hєll dєcídє thαt thєч вσth αrє sαtísfíєd
                                                          xxxxxxíllumínαtє thє nσ's σn thєír vαcαncч sígns
                                                          xxxxxxxxxíf thєrє's nσ σnє вєsídє чσu whєn чσur sσul єmвαrks
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxthєn í'll fσllσw чσu íntσ thє dαrk

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Potions Instructions
Lesson 2 : Elixir to Induce Euphoria

User Image

Directions:
              • Add peppermint until the potion turns red.
              • Add shrivelfig until the potion turns turquoise.
              • Stir until it turns blue.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns yellow.
              • Add porcupine quills till the potion turns blue.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns purple.
              • Add seven castor beans.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns brown.
              • Add shrivelfig till the potion turns pink.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns orange.
              • Add wormwood till the potion turns yellow.

xxxx× × ×xxxxSTUDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx
Any registered student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:51 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceAdalaide watched as her sixth years entered the classroom, seated behind the desk, what appeared to be a cherry lollipop in her mouth. On the desk, to lessen any suspicion concerning the 'treat', she had a jar of similar looking lollipops, of various flavors, with a small sign indicating that, should they be inclined, students were free to take one. It served a dual purpose; making her own seem less notable, and hopefully endearing herself to the students.

spaceOnce everyone was settled, she waved her wand, and a set of instructions appeared on the board. "Welcome back, everyone! Before I begin this lesson, I am going to preface it with a warning; love potions are serious business. They are not toys. They are not a way to gain the attention of someone you admire. This is especially true in this case, as Amortentia is the strongest love potion in existence. It does not create love. It makes the person who drinks it obsessive and infatuated, and it is dangerous. You are being taught this potion because it is extremely complex, and you, as NEWT-level students, are expected to be learning to brew complex potions. But not one drop of it will leave this room, and if I find out you are trying to sneak it out, there will be serious repercussions." Adalaide attempted to look as stern as she possibly could, which was somewhat hindered by the fact that most of her students were taller than her and probably outweighed her by a good fifty pounds. But, it was something her father had hammered into her for basically her entire life. Love potions were dangerous. She supposed that at least she had the experience of being a mother to help bolster her ability to look intimidating, though it was much easier to intimidate a pair of four year olds. Or... well, maybe not. Meanwhile, she had to hope that none of her students were in the grip of teenage rebellion for the sake of rebellion and would now find the challenge of sneaking the potion past her irresistible. Hopefully, they were more mature than that... hopefully. At least she'd be able to smell it on them if they did try anything.

spaceThe Hufflepuff gestured to the board. "Instructions are on the board, and in your textbooks, supplies can be found in the cupboard. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask, either myself or one of your classmates. When brewed correctly, the potion should have a mother-of-pearl sheen, with steam rising in a distinctive spiral, and give off a scent that is a combination of scents you personally find attractive or pleasing. Chocolate, rainfall, a certain someone's cologne, any scent that exceptionally pleasing to you. It will smell different to every person, so don't worry if your perception is different than that of your neighbor; that means you did it right." Ada had considered for all of a second sharing what the potion smelled like to her as examples, but figured it'd be best not. First of all, she'd have to lie, because ever since being turned, it'd taken on a distinct trace of blood, which was understandable but still somewhat odd. Second of all, she had a feeling saying 'my husband' would probably be TMI for some of the students.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Potions Instructions
Lesson 1 : Amortentia

User Image

Directions:
              • Add 3 rose thorns to your cauldron
              • Add 2 veela hairs to your cauldron
              • Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron
              • Stir 3 times, clockwise
              • Heat to a medium temperature for 5 minutes
              • Wave your wand
              • Leave to brew and return in 60 minutes.
              • Add 5 pinches of lovage to your cauldron
              • Add a pinch of silverweed to your cauldron
              • Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise
              • Wave the wand to complete the potion

Any registered student who fails to post at least once this year will have their house docked ten points at the end of the term.
Exceptions can be made provided you contact Cara MiaKitty and are able to provide a reasonable excuse.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Fianna might have considered ditching Potions, as she had Astronomy, just so she could stop having to take such late classes, had it not been for the fact she needed it if she wanted to be an Auror, and her grandmother insisted she continue with it. One didn't argue with the Matriarch of the Grey Clan. She also rather liked the Potion Mistress, Professor Whitethorne. Still having put up an 'O' on her OWL, she had a pretty tough standard to hold up to. She was thankful she could sleep in a bit on Thursday, and moreorless had all of a Friday off to get caught up on her classwork, so she wasn't spend all of her weekends studying, and could enjoy her club meetings. Yeah, after her seeing her cousin working herself nearly to death, Fianna promised herself not to make the same mistakes.

After greeting her teacher, and finding a place to sit, Fianna diligently took down her class notes, and heed of the Professor's warnings. Her lessons in her Mythology and Alchemy classes offered similar warnings: magic and chemistry couldn't create love. She hoped none of her classmates were dumb enough to try smuggling potions out, let alone tip one into somebody's morning pumpkin juice.

As she worked, Fianna was already starting to come up with a little sing-song chant to use to remember the recipe, and was humming contentedly as she worked through the various steps. When she was done, she had a liquid with a pearlescent sheen to it, and steam rose up in spiral wisps from the surface. As she took a whiff of it, she caught the scent of fresh strawberry preserves, and the scent of grass just after the rain, and ....

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm
User Image
                                                  I can't sleep tonight. Wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised.
                                                  I need a voice to echo. I need a light to take me home. I kinda need a hero, is it you?

ℳ𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓴𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻 𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓼
                                                  Sixth Year / Ravenclaw / Muggleborn

I never see the forest for the trees. I could really use your melody.
                                                  Baby I'm a little blind. I think it's time for you to find me.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Monika stepped into the warm Potions classroom, taking her seat and preparing for class. She was feeling a bit tired, thankful she didn't have any early classes that day or tomorrow. She did still have three classes that afternoon, so she wasn't at her absolute best for this class, but she was still try her hardest. At least she got a nap in after dinner so she could stay up late enough for this class, which was scheduled at eleven at night. Listening to the instructions for the day, Monika made a few notes as Professor Whitethorne spoke. They were brewing Amortentia, or the love potion. Monika knew that the potion was said to smell of things that were pleasing or attractive to the person smelling it, a fact that their professor confirmed.

Gathering her materials, Monika opened her textbook and began by adding three rose thorns and two veela hairs to her cauldron, as well as two measures of Standard Ingredient, then stirring the mixture three times, clockwise. Next, she heated the cauldron to a medium temperature, leaving it to sit for five minutes before waving her wand over it and leaving it to brew for one hour. After the brewing time was up, Monika added the next set of ingredients, five pinches of lovage and a pinch of silverweed, then stirred the mixture five time, anti-clockwise. Finally, she waved her wand over her potion, completing it. It had the mother-of-pearl sheen that Professor Whitethorne mentioned, spirals of the scent rising from the potion. Curious, Monika leaned in to give it a sniff. 'The pages of a new book, or maybe a newspaper?... Chocolate milk... And something else?' Monika wasn't sure how to describe the last one. It reminded her of a clear summer night, it was musky almost, but made her think of a cloudless night sky, with the stars twinkling brightly. She didn't know what to call it though, unsure if that scent even had a name. It just existed.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there.
                                                  You could be my sanity, but bring me peace. Sing me to sleep.
                                                  Say you'll be my nightingale.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 pm
User Image

ARIA SOLARIN __________
Sixth Year, Gryffindor ________
════════════════════════════________

Love potions? Aria picked the skin off her lips, deep in thought. She wasn't sure what to make of this potion or why they would even teach this to horny teenagers. She glanced around the room and realized the class was full in session and forced herself to focus. After the long-winded lecture, she smiled. Professor Whitethorne shared—what Aria considered—intimate details of her own scented brew. She wondered what her own would smell like and was determined to get this right on the first go. She took note of her ingredients on a list and moved to collect them all in one place on her desk. Measuring everything first like her mother had taught her during baking, she decided it was time to start brewing. First the rose thorns, veela hairs, and Standard Ingredients, a little stirring and some heat. A few more careful ingredients and then a long wait period. Everyone eventually fell into this sixty minute lull, Aria decided to take this time to copy the potion recipe from her textbook to her notes. When it was time, she added the final components, stirred, and gave her wand a good wave. 'Fresh cut grass, cinnamon, and... Mmm... Honey butter sauce?' Aria grinned at the pearlescent shimmer.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Wednesday, 11:00-11:45pm
WHERE:: Potions Class
WITH WHO:: Sixth Years

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:42 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPotions Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceAdalaide was feeling much more confident this week, which she supposed only made sense. She'd met all her students, at least recognized most of their faces, knew a couple of names. More to the point, she didn't think she'd aroused any suspicion thus far, which was good. Once everyone was seated, the blonde stood and circled around to stand in front of her desk, leaning back on it, a hand resting on the surface to support her. The other reached to her bun and pulled her wand out, giving it a flick to write the day's instructions on the board.

space"Welcome back, everyone. Today, you'll be learning about and brewing what is known as the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. It's an odd potion, and one you have to be very careful with. The purpose of the potion is to cause absolute happiness within the drinker. It's generally used to treat bouts of depression, though this is a somewhat problematic usage, as the happiness caused by the potion is very overwhelming, and it can become addictive. Furthermore, like a Cheering Charm, it is a very delicate thing, and taking too much or too potent of a dose can have lasting, often negative repercussions, so it's best to treat the elixir with caution. As with any potion of this nature, I emphasize that it is not to be used except as a last resort, when all other options have failed to achieve the desired result, and that it should be used extremely sparingly." She paused, pursing her lips, then continued on with the actual lesson, figuring there was no need to harp on the subject of the dangers of potions. "The potion itself can be quite complicated, so don't worry too much if you find yourself unsure of what you're doing. If you have any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for help, either from myself or a classmate. When the potion is complete, it should be a bright, sunshine yellow. It is also recommended, though not required, that you add a sprig of peppermint to the potion in the early prep stages to help curtail some of the more dramatic effects, such as excessive singing and nose-tweaking. You may collect your supplies from the cupboard and begin." She watched the students prepare to begin brewing, and moved to sit at her desk. Hopefully, nothing exploded... that did tend to happen in Potions classes on occasion.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

Potions Instructions
Lesson 2 : Elixir to Induce Euphoria

User Image

Directions:
              • Add peppermint until the potion turns red.
              • Add shrivelfig until the potion turns turquoise.
              • Stir until it turns blue.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns yellow.
              • Add porcupine quills till the potion turns blue.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns purple.
              • Add seven castor beans.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns brown.
              • Add shrivelfig till the potion turns pink.
              • Allow the potion to simmer till it turns orange.
              • Add wormwood till the potion turns yellow.

Replies to Previous Lessons
5 points each to Aria Solarin and Fianna Grey of Gryffindor House for class participation.

5 points to Monika Evans of Ravenclaw House for class participation.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:44 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

After cooking up a 'Love Potion', Fianna felt she was ready to try tackling her next challenge in Potions class. Given the lectures Professor Amarocho gave on the subject of ethics when using magic and making potions, Professor Whitethorne's admonitions on the uses of the Elixir to Induce Euphoria seemed almost superfluous, but then she had to remind herself not every student taking this Potions class was also taking Alchemy. 'I'm going to start sounding like Linny the rate I'm going here,' she thought, as she gathered her materials.

Having noted down the recipe in her class notes, Fianna started assembling her potion, while trying to figure out a little song she could use to remember how to make it. The professor wasn't exaggerating, this wasn't an easy recipe to follow, and she did take care to add a sprig of peppermint, as she'd suggested. Even so, she was pleasantly surprised how she was able to get it to come together, and she soon had a bright yellow liquid which she poured into a labelled vial for the professor to grade.

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                        уσυ αи∂ мє нανє ѕєєи єνєяутнιиg тσ ѕєє fяσм вαиgкσк тσ ¢αℓgαяу
                                        αи∂ тнє ѕσℓєѕ σf уσυя ѕнσєѕ αяє αℓℓ ωσяи ∂σωи
                                        тнє тιмє fσя ѕℓєєρ ιѕ иσω вυт ιт'ѕ иσтнιиg тσ ¢яу αвσυт
                                        '¢αυѕє ωє'ℓℓ нσℓ∂ єα¢н σтнєя ѕσσи ιи тнє вℓα¢кєѕт σf яσσмѕ

spaceAdalaide watched as her sixth years entered the classroom, seated behind the desk, what appeared to be a cherry lollipop in her mouth. On the desk, to lessen any suspicion concerning the 'treat', she had a jar of similar looking lollipops, of various flavors, with a small sign indicating that, should they be inclined, students were free to take one. It served a dual purpose; making her own seem less notable, and hopefully endearing herself to the students.

spaceOnce everyone was settled, she waved her wand, and a set of instructions appeared on the board. "Welcome back, everyone! Before I begin this lesson, I am going to preface it with a warning; love potions are serious business. They are not toys. They are not a way to gain the attention of someone you admire. This is especially true in this case, as Amortentia is the strongest love potion in existence. It does not create love. It makes the person who drinks it obsessive and infatuated, and it is dangerous. You are being taught this potion because it is extremely complex, and you, as NEWT-level students, are expected to be learning to brew complex potions. But not one drop of it will leave this room, and if I find out you are trying to sneak it out, there will be serious repercussions." Adalaide attempted to look as stern as she possibly could, which was somewhat hindered by the fact that most of her students were taller than her and probably outweighed her by a good fifty pounds. But, it was something her father had hammered into her for basically her entire life. Love potions were dangerous. She supposed that at least she had the experience of being a mother to help bolster her ability to look intimidating, though it was much easier to intimidate a pair of four year olds. Or... well, maybe not. Meanwhile, she had to hope that none of her students were in the grip of teenage rebellion for the sake of rebellion and would now find the challenge of sneaking the potion past her irresistible. Hopefully, they were more mature than that... hopefully. At least she'd be able to smell it on them if they did try anything.

spaceThe Hufflepuff gestured to the board. "Instructions are on the board, and in your textbooks, supplies can be found in the cupboard. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask, either myself or one of your classmates. When brewed correctly, the potion should have a mother-of-pearl sheen, with steam rising in a distinctive spiral, and give off a scent that is a combination of scents you personally find attractive or pleasing. Chocolate, rainfall, a certain someone's cologne, any scent that exceptionally pleasing to you. It will smell different to every person, so don't worry if your perception is different than that of your neighbor; that means you did it right." Ada had considered for all of a second sharing what the potion smelled like to her as examples, but figured it'd be best not. First of all, she'd have to lie, because ever since being turned, it'd taken on a distinct trace of blood, which was understandable but still somewhat odd. Second of all, she had a feeling saying 'my husband' would probably be TMI for some of the students.

ιf нєανєи αи∂ нєℓℓ ∂є¢ι∂є тнαт тнєу вσтн αяє ѕαтιѕfιє∂
                                        ιℓℓυмιиαтє тнє 'иσ'ѕ σи тнєιя να¢αи¢у ѕιgиѕ
                                        ιf тнєяє'ѕ иσ σиє вєѕι∂є уσυ ωнєи уσυя ѕσυℓ ємвαякѕ
                                        тнєи ι'ℓℓ fσℓℓσω уσυ ιитσ тнє ∂αяк

- ooc -
                                        blah blah blah

xxxx× × ×xxxxLesson 1 - Amortentiaxxxx× × ×xxxx
                                        (( Directions below spoiler ))

Directions:
                                            x Add 3 rose thorns to your cauldron
                                            x Add 2 veela hairs to your cauldron
                                            x Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron
                                            x Stir 3 times, clockwise
                                            x Heat to a medium temperature for 5 minutes
                                            x Wave your wand
                                            x Leave to brew and return in 60 minutes.
                                            x Add 5 pinches of lovage to your cauldron
                                            x Add a pinch of silverweed to your cauldron
                                            x Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise
                                            x Wave the wand to complete the potion

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:07 am
x× × × Notice to Roleplayers × × ×x

This classroom has been updated to serve as a free roleplay space!
Students may be posted attending lessons without waiting on Professor updates.
More information can be found in the first post.

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff