Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime Retro & Classic Series
Official Dragon Ball Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:39 am
☯★

Hey Everyone!

I don't know about you, but Dragon Ball is one of my favourites that I grew up with, especially DBZ!

Basically, Dragon Ball is about these awesome fighters with super powers saving the world against villains with super powers as well. All of them can fly, throw ki blasts (kinda like fireballs), and find their enemies by sensing their spirit. But some have their own techniques too, of course. It's an awesome anime/manga. All the characters are great, and the story line progresses nicely too. I linked below two links you can check out for a summery. I'm not too great at explaining things, so might as well, show you an actual website lol.

Dragon Ball Wiki

Dragon Ball Breakdown

So yea! Feel free to use this thread as a way to talk about anything Dragon Ball & enjoy!

★☯

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:10 am
Thanks Stephanie for adding this series to the list. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z have been series that I like and they are my brothers all time favorite series. When it came out on American TV both my brother and I watched it together. He stayed with the series and owns the entire series. I own some of the movies. Dragon Ball Z is one of 4 anime series that introduced me to the Anime World. The other 3 are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and of course Sailor Moon!!. Last year at Youmacon 2014 my brother and I met one of the writers of the Dragon Ball series. The writer (Sorry I don't remember his name) was selling his latest book and my brother bought the book, had the author sign it, and then talked to him about the series. I smiled, stepped back and watched my brother have the time of his life talking to one of people who helps create the series that he Loves so much. The writer told us that they are working on making Dragon Ball be an even better series through deeper character development. I look forward to seeing how that turns out and if my brother gives his approval of the changes. The book that he had signed by the author is a cherished possession.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Cute Apple Pie-chan

Friendly Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 am
Dragon Ball was one of the first long anime series that I watched on TV in my country. And they didn't show Z until the end. Basically I grew up on DB and I managed to watch Z's end in German later.

I love it so much, since it was the anime that made me an anime-fan later. It's a real classic anime about friendship and adventures and of course awesome fights.

My absolute favourite is Vegeta. I just love how prideful he is and wants to be always the best to beat Goku.  
Anime Retro & Classic Series

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games