Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[CYOA] Maize Maze (Deacon/Riyo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:11 pm
Recent events had left Riyo with a slightly more positive outlook for the future and a significantly darker appearance, one being the result of the other. At least for her, things had been peaceful. Much more peaceful than she had ever thought they could be. Perhaps she had just learned when to venture out of the dorms and when to stay inside, or maybe a calm before the storm?

Ah, well... It was about that time of the year, wasn't it?

The ghoul had been ready to once again wind down after her studies, peering out her window as she grabbed the drapes to yank them together, but a view in the distance caught her eye.

What was...

Corn?

A grimace followed the morbid curiosity that tore her from the safety of those walls and out into the common area, where she pulled her eyephone from her pocket and started tapping the screen vigorously.

Hitsuzen
To Deacon: Any idea why a citadel of corn suddenly popped up on campus?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:41 pm
Considering that one of his favorite past times was not going to class when he should have, Deacon had spent most of the day wasting time in his dorm doing pretty much nothing but lounging about. He'd read a good portion of a book (that had nothing to do with his studies), so that had to count as accomplishing something, right?

The text tone from his phone got his attention, and he marked his page and set the book aside. Getting up and stretching, the feline made his way to his desk, where he'd left the device to charge, unplugging it and checking the message.

Corn?

He frowned in confusion at the message, and leaned over his desk to check out his window for some sort of cornpocalypse and didn't see anything. Though, he realized, it just meant that his window wasn't facing the random plethora of corn that she was asking about.

Sexy Cocaine
To Riyo: Hell if I know. Bored enough to check it out, though. Want to?

He was already headed for the door, picking up a jacket as he went.  

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:52 pm
Daring to step just outside the door, Riyo's ears could catch the muffled screams coming from within the... Cornucopia's walls.

A soft mewing from her phone informed her a new text had arrived. Against all better judgement, of which she was sure she had before she started at Amity, the cat ghoul agreed. Peaceful was dancing on the line of dull, after all.

Hitsuzen
To Deacon: Statistics say it's going to end poorly for us but I've got nothing to lose at this point.

After a moment, she sent another.

Quote:
I'm standing outside of the dorm entrance if you want to meet me.

The thought that she might not be easily recognized failed to cross her mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:37 pm
He was nearly to the common area when she texted again, and he had to smile at the truth in her statement. It really was a risk, but around here, what ******** wasn't? The second text arrived as he was replying.

Sexy Cocaine
Who knows; maybe it'll actually be fun. Stranger things could and have happened. I'll be out in a minute.

Once he had made his way outside, there was a moment of glancing about for the familiar blonde. Only a moment, because he could easily enough recognize her otherwise.

"Whoa, that's a bit... Unexpected." Deacon said as he stepped up, tilting his head to look her in the eye just to be sure the ghoul didn't have some sort of twin he didn't know about. "It really suits you," he added, in an honest compliment.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:07 pm
Riyo glanced over her shoulder and followed Deacon as he moved, immediately realizing what he was referring to. Subconsciously, her hand reached up to run through the black locks.

Her stare was somehow more intense than usual, as if the contrast brought out the color. "T-thanks..." She finally just took a compliment at face value, glancing away as she tried not to blush. "I call it a happy accident." Though those who had plotted the 'accident' were none to happy with the result.

"Are you growing out your hair?" She tilted her head as she tried to sway the conversation away from her, eyes fixating on the orange. It didn't look bad on him, she supposed, and it was always nice to have a thicker coat for the upcoming cold.

Hitsuzen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:28 pm
His brow furrowed a little when she passed the new look off as an 'accident' and he was about to ask what she meant, before she was directing attention away from it instead. Luckily, he took the hint, and decided better than to pry.

The bakeneko made his own, almost self-conscious, motion of toying with the short ponytail he'd put up hastily earlier in the day. "More like 'haircuts cost money' and at this point I've made the investment in hair ties, so I haven't gotten it chopped off."

He laughed softly. "It's different, I guess. I don't mind it, now that it's past the point of stabbing me in the eyes."

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:36 pm
More than likely Deacon would find out what had happened someday, but today was not that day.

A smirk formed on the cat ghoul's face as he explained his situation. "Well I'm sure your mother could always toss a bowl on your head and cut it herself." She had heard of that method. Worse, she had seen it at the cafe. Those poor, unfortunate souls...

"Well, I hope your new ghoulfriend appreciates your lax hair care." Riyo recalled he had been with some little number at the prom. She really didn't know how the rest of the night had panned out for him, being busy babysitting a date of her own. Nor did she particularly care.

Since their visit had purpose, the demoness started moving towards the... Rather corny scene, expecting Deacon to follow suit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:24 pm
He snorted at her suggestion. "I'm pretty sure I'd rather try to cut my own hair before I let someone do that to me."

Deacon followed alongside her once they finally started toward their intended destination, waving his hand absently to her words on relationships.

"Date, not ghoulfriend. It was another of those blind setups that they do every year." His words were casual, like he didn't mind either way either. "Last year, it was Damien. The idiot bought a date with me..." Granted, it had been amusing and actually rather fun, but he left that much unspoken.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:47 am
"I suppose it would be better to look like a blind kid with scissors than a trainwreck." Not that she wouldn't absolutely laugh her a** off if either happened. She would, and would not be merciful about it.

"Are those really that fun?" Deacon seemed to hover towards that every year so she could only assume it was better than asking people you actually knew. Absentmindedly she tapped her chin. "Maybe I should do that next year." If she even went next year. Truth be told she hoped to be graduated and on her way to... Whatever she was going to do by that time. Still, it might be nice to have an actual official 'date' at least once, instead of all the misleading bullshit of earlier years.

Just considering going on a date with a stranger was a sign there had been some growth to her mentally.

They arrived at the maze shortly after, the craftsmanship (or lack thereof) making the culprits of this atrocity obvious. "Ah. Well." Her expression screamed 'second thoughts', but her feet continued forward towards the entrance. "I suppose it would be cowardly to turn back at this point." Annoying they may be, gnomes were still just gnomes. What could they possibly do?

"Shall we?"

Hitsuzen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:55 am
"With some of the messes I've seen around, I might start a trend."

The hair subject behind them, he shrugged to her question that followed. "They can be. Trisha was nice enough and thankfully she didn't step on my feet with those hooves of hers." He actually smiled toward her, in an amused way, when she seemed to speak her thoughts aloud. "Worst case scenario, you could always seperate yourself from them if they're not your thing."

In afterthought, he wondered if that was why both of his dates managed to lose him during his first Prom. He supposed Cady had a decent reasoning, being one of the DJs and all.

He also could have offered to take her, himself, but at this point he knew better than to make promises he wasn't sure he could keep. It wouldn't exactly be fair to fail her on something yet again. Maybe the opportunity would arise, when the time came, but he would wait.

The signs set about had Deacon's expression twisting into something that looked almost pained. "Gnomes..." Deacon's voice held so much distaste in that one word.

The tabby's ears turned back, but with a sigh that suggested he was unsure he nodded anyway. "Ghouls first?" He gestured forward with the words, though he actually started walking so he'd be walking alongside her either way as they entered.

At the first intersection, he glanced to the right but picked the left path to continue down. For about three steps, before he paused at the strange moan he heard up ahead. "The hell is that?" He wondered aloud, trying to mentally will the fur at the base of his tail to stop bristling so he didn't visibly look unnerved; Jack forbid the ghoul think he was often so pitifully easy to get to.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 pm
It was... Almost strange to be talking so casually about dates with Deacon. She supposed it shouldn't be. They had known eachother for a long time. Riyo had known Deacon technically longer than anyone still on campus. Almost an unsettling thought, it was.

If the demoness had known at the time what was going though Deacon's head, she would've been grateful for and surprised by the forethought. Perhaps the cat boil had done some growing himself.

Instead, Riyo scoffed at the suggestion she should go first. "Yeah, alright, I'll be the meat shield." Even though he had taken to walking next to her. She could only smirk and roll her eyes.

Regardless of what the maze's true intentions were, the feline could only assume somewhere down the line it would grow heinous, so she kept her guard up and ears perked. They swiveled almost immediately when the moaning began. Her expression, however, remained unphased. "Probably one of those cheap machines that make 'ookie spookie' noises." Though... It hadn't sounded that cheap.

Cautiously she glanced between the two directions and chose to take another left.

... How had the temperature suddenly dropped like that?

Hitsuzen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:22 pm
Deacon only made a sound of acknowledgement to the suggestion, thinking that perhaps that was all there was to it. It would have been easy enough for it to be something pre-recorded, authentic as it might have sounded.

Though, he was actually thankful that Riyo chose a different path rather than going toward the sound until they discovered the actual source. He followed without complaint... At first.

The cold didn't bother him, but the scent in the air and the sound of a train certainly did.

"This direction is worse. I'm not particularly fond of trains." Or Christmastown, which also had a hand in his strong dislike of trains.

He made the decision to ignore the very unappealing sound, taking a direction that certainly wasn't going toward it. Soon coming up on the moat, or whatever it was supposed to be, the tabby glowered at the sign that was as equally unimpressive as those that had been set up outside of the maze.

Deacon laughed shortly, gesturing to the can nearby. "Should we spare a couple seeds or just jump the thing? I'm not sure if I pity them enough." And with that statement, he squinted at the water, as if trying to see if something was there to stop them going over without giving the payment.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:30 pm
Instinctively Riyo pulled her jacket in tighter as someone turned down the invisible thermostat. It wasn't winter yet. What the hell?

Her head turned in the direction of the 'choo choo' sounds, though her similarly cat-eared companion had other ideas. "Worse?" She turned back around and noticed he had taken the other direction. Riyo couldn't remember ever taking a train. Her ride to school had been a little more fancy than that, back when she had that kind of dough.

"What's-" She could've asked what was wrong with trains, and maybe she would later, but much like Deacon had become distracted by the moat and it's lackluster sign, so did she. Her eyes narrowed on the disparaging handwriting, and for a moment she was silent. Only a moment.

"They're not getting a single seed from these pockets." Spoken like a true miser. With her nose turned toward the air, Riyo lifted her boot and casually used her long legs to step over the stream. "Psch. fine my a**." A poor choice of words but she couldn't take them back now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:58 pm
When Riyo gave her response, it solidified his own. Not that he'd really wanted to give up any of his money anyway, especially considering who it would have gone to. He hopped over the pitiful setup himself and was sure to take a few hurried steps ahead. Just in case something would try to snatch at his tail for ignoring the sign.

The journey forward was starting to seem less Halloween themed and more along the lines of trippy and Deacon wasn't so sure he liked the way his vision seemed to be messing with him. He could ignore the weird glowing shrooms and musically inclined flowers... Odd as the latter was.

"Do you feel... Dizzy?" He asked, unsure himself if that was the proper description of what he felt was happening.

He was watching her for response, his steps slowed so he didn't trip or anything. When he glanced back toward their path to see the split and the first appearance of actual gnomes responsible for this attraction, he audibly groaned and came to a halt.

He glanced between the two signs, and after a couple of seconds gestured to 'Weast.' "Uhm... Shouldn't that say 'West'?" The tabby thought aloud.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:14 pm
As they continued on the path, the feline became less attentive to Deacon and more absorbed in the surrounding mushrooms. The haunting floral melody that plagued her along with the sensory overload from the glowing mushrooms must've been doing something to her.

"I... I'm not sure." Her answer was delayed. "I feel like... Someone slipped catnip in my afternoon tea..." That was a good way to describe it, considering there had been more than one occasion where something similar had happened.

Riyo had failed to notice the cat boil's halt, and managed to bump into him in all her distracted glory. Good thing they weren't running from anything... Yet. "Oof."

She shook her head in an effort to regain some sense, and cautiously glanced over Deacon's shoulder. "Or perhaps it's a bastardized version of 'East'." Bastardized was, of course, putting it lightly. Tearing her vision from the sign, she caught a glimpse of some stripes and focused on the gaggle of gnomes. "You could always direct any questions to the peanut gallery." Riyo wasn't saying he should ask for directions, but in a womanly way she was probably insinuating that he should. It was, after all, a corn maze that somehow fit a train, a moat, and a field of singing jackdamn flowers in it's boarders.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games