Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Ghoul and Ghost Studies I ~ Lesson 1/4 (Open 08/24) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:07 pm
User Image
Ghoul and Ghost Studies I

Professor Thorsten Eckstein ///
Former Keltainen at Durmstrang ///

About the Professor:

Thorsten Eckstein was born in Germany and has recently come to live in Scotland with his daughter Cornelia. Attending Durmstrang Institute the once timid boy landed himself in Team Keltainen. After witnessing the murder of his mother and incarcerating his own father, Thorsten began to toughen up. As such students my find him to be intimidating if not a tad creepy. Although secretly quite nice outside of the classroom and professional setting, this German wizard has a deep interest in the afterlife and has since before his mother died. If you happen to have an interest in the dead then you might fight Thorsten to be right up your ally.

About the Class:

The class is taught in a classroom on the third floor that is decked out with preserved animals, you name it it's probably in the classroom. The subject itself teaches students about life after death. Everything from how to tell a ghost from a Poltergeist, to dealing with Ghouls and Inferi this class covers it. If you have an interest in ghosts and ghouls this is the class for you.

* Class will be held on Tuesday during Block 3 from 11:00am to 11:45am
* Class is updated in real time each week on Sunday

Rules:

1. Come to class on time
2. Come prepared and ready to learn.
3. Pay attention meaning listen and do not disturb the class
4. Wands are to remain in bags
5. Please do participate

* Any detention resulting from rules broken shall be done in my office.

Required materials:

Quill, Ink, & Parchment  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:17 pm
Curriculum

List of Knowledge

Third Year
Afterlife [ ]
Immortality [ ]
Resurrection [ ]
Creation of Ghost [ ]

Please Note:
Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

Make Up Assignment(s):
For anyone wishing to make up for missing a lesson or just want extra house points, feel free to write an essay on a topic you missed and submit it to my office before the end of the year. (A small paragraph will do.)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:30 pm
New Year 2031 - 2032

Reminders...

* Students must attend a minimum of half the lessons for the year or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:35 pm
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Classroom (third floor) - Tuesday @ 11:00pm

Thorsten had his first class Monday morning and another Tuesday morning. At this point the new ghoul and ghost studies professor was used to addressing a room filled with students. If there had of been nervous they were for sure gone by now. This evening’s class was certainly going to be different than the other. Why… because all of these students would be taking the class for the very first time. So there was no need to ask what they remembered from the previous professor. Instead Thorsten would be able to jump right in and go over the rules and the subject at hand.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. He wondered how many of them questioned the stuffed corpses. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good evening and welcome to ghoul and ghost studies.” Thorsten greeted before continuing his introduction. “I am Professor Eckstein. For the next three years, perhaps five you will follow these five rules. Be on time, prepared and ready. Pay attention, no wands, and be involved.” He informed them.

“Now, I would like names and houses from each of you. As for me I attended Durmstrang and am former Keltainen. That would be a mix of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw here I believe.” Thorsten asked of them before adding. “I would also like your thoughts on the day’s topic, which is the afterlife.”

With : Third year class

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty
                                                Pamela Gautreaux, Hufflepuff: 0/4 || 0 Essays

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

kiska166
                                                Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Essays

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                Asteria Frey, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Deviled Dregs
                                                Levi Gamble, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

RedEagleEye007
                                                Lionel Lira, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Jade Galaksylph
                                                Avian Lovette, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:57 pm
User Image

User Image

Gryffindor │ Third Year │ Muggleborn

Levi walked into Ghoul and Ghost Studies, a bit shocked by the decor of the room, particularly the stuffed corpses. He supposed they fit the subject matter of the class quite well, but still.. Looking to the new professor, he thought that he looked quite suitable to teach the subject as well. He didn't exactly seem scary, just.. Rough. Taking a seat at a random desk, he just listened as Professor Eckstein gave introductions and then instructions. He stood up once his turn came.

"Uh, my name's Levi Gamble and I'm in Gryffindor. As for the afterlife, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Judging by this school, I'd say there is one, which I'm glad about. I don't really like the idea of being just worm food when I die."

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:53 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 ghoul and ghost studies x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 third years x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil stepped into the Ghoul and Ghost Studies room, quickly scanning over it before taking her seat. She stared blankly up at the professor for a moment before returning her attention to the room itself. It was curious that he kept stuffed corpses around the room...also sort of disgusting, but it wasn't like Sybil was to do anything about it, she'd just keep her distance. She almost frowned at hearing 'be involved', as Sybil wasn't really one to participate in classes...well, she guessed that would just mean she'd have to deal with losing points on that aspect of the class. "I'm Sybil Vance of Ravenclaw House. The afterlife is a...curious thing to think about. I don't believe there's really a way to know about or not there is something after this. I'm not particularly religious, and just because there are ghosts doesn't mean there's something there for you if you pass through the veil. Maybe it's cynical to believe there's nothing there, that our lives amount to nothing if we pass through the veil, but...well, I suppose then I'll live for myself, not some fantasy land that I have to be a perfect, faultless human being to get into." She slowly got quieter, and finally her voice fell to no more than a whisper upon finishing. She sat back in her seat, waited for the awkward silence to fall, and then listened to the other's introductions after her. She just pegged herself as quite a weirdo and a total cynic. Good way to start out a new year, isn't it?

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:33 pm
User Image

Listening to the class’s opinion on the afterlife they certainly had interesting opinions. He could remember his thoughts on it back then. Of course back then he hadn’t realized how much death hit home for him. Pushing the thought aside, Thorsten had a class to teach. "Interesting thoughts, both of you." Standing up from his leaning option at the front of his desk, the German wizard flicked his wand at the board once more. The board wiping clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson. “I suggest taking notes down from the board.” He gestured before continuing on.

“As we are aware those who pass on - that are witches or wizards - have the option of staying here as ghosts or going on. Now, we shall discuss the former later on this year. For now we are solely focusing on the beyond.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “So, where do our souls go when we take our last breath and what does the beyond look like? The truth is up for debate as the nature of what lies beyond is still very much a mystery.” He explained. “There are many theories among people such as reincarnation, heaven or hell, things of that nature. What we do know however, is that there is a plane that runs parallel with the hereafter known as ‘limbo’. It is said to be a place where one goes to make their decision on whether they stay or go before truly passing on.” He finished as he made his way back to the front of the classroom.

“Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask.” Thorsten told them as he looked up at the clock. “If not then you are dismissed.”

OOC : As of this post you are considered late, please take that into consideration when posting.

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs
                                                Levi Gamble, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Essays

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:45 pm
User Image

Thorsten had a good bunch of kids in his class. At least that’s what he believed. They had interesting ideas and they seemed interested in the subject. Of course that’s why they took the elective. Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, he hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good evening,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing the topic of immortality.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“Immortality or eternal life is simply you will never die you most of know. There are few ways to become immortal. In fact true immortality is nearly impossible and has always been a known limit for magic.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “The only creature to possess natural immortality is the phoenix, from which is reborn from their ashes upon death. As for us there are few ways to sustain one’s life, namely the Philosopher’s Stone created by Nicolas Flamel and Herpo the Foul’s creation of the Horcrux.”

“The Philosopher’s Stone many of you know produces the Elixir of Life. Despite extending the drinkers life, it cannot make them immortal. Unicorn blood similar to Elixir of Life, as it extends life but cannot make the drinker immortal. It’s said to curse the drinker with half-life for the slaughter of innocent creature.” Thorsten continued as he continued back up to the front of the room. “Now Horcruxes on the other hand, is the dark art of splitting one’s soul by committing murder. The act violates the very laws of nature.” He explained. “Though it by far the closest way to become immortal. I wouldn’t advice figuring out how.” He added giving them a narrow look of warning. “Any questions?”

OOC : ---

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs
                                                Levi Gamble, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Essays

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:24 pm
                          User Image
                          murruelecreuset

【 LOCATION 】 ghoul and ghost studies x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 third years x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil took a seat, and set a piece of parchment and quill on her desk. As soon as Professor Eckstein started, Sybil started writing. Immortality was an idea that Sybil never quite understood, only because she'd never want to do it herself. After he was finished, Sybil raised her hand. "Professor, what would drive one to want to achieve immortality? I mean, you'll lose everything by doing such a thing. You will watch your friends and family die, and you'll have to live through all the terrible things that happen in the world...and good things, too, but...ya'know. I digress. It just doesn't make sense that someone would like to be immortal, as nothing but sadness, or madness, really, could come to you." Sybil kept her voice small and even, staring blankly at the professor. If someone went up to Sybil and told her they had a way that she could do such a thing, she'd surely turn them away. She'd rather not watch the world around her tumble in on itself, nor would she like to watch the people around her disappear, one by one. What drove people to do such a thing? And how could someone gain happiness from something like that?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:03 pm
User Image

User Image

Gryffindor │ Third Year │ Muggleborn

Levi walked into class and sat down, pulling out his materials for the class and starting to write down notes on immortality. He thought this class was pretty interesting, even if the professor gave him the creeps. He looked to Sybil who, for the first time in what he had known, had actually spoken up in class. Well, he supposed that everyone had to open up eventually. She definitely made some good points. He didn't think he'd want to be immortal, if only for the sole, selfish reason that he wouldn't want to end up all alone eventually.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:08 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                                              I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                                              A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                                              Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                                              Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔═.♬.═══════════════════════╗

Avian didn't seem to like this class at any second. He didn't show it to his face, but he just didn't like the subject. He took this elective because he was only told to, it was just so wrong. He quietly took a seat beside his housemate Sybil, since so far she was the only person in this room whom Avian had known. Who knows, maybe the elective might impress him this time than before.

He was listening, but he was bored. He was just taking noties like he should as much as he was doing tiny doodles on his parchment, it wasn't like Professor Eckstein was going to sue him for that. He seemed to be listening with interest when his housemate suddenly spoke up about the odds of immortality, since her question really made sense to him. Well, she wasn't wrong, he thought. Being an immortal was pretty much of a bad idea, watching all of your loved ones die while you were still walking on earth. He didn't want to talk about death considering how young he was to think about it, but it just made him sad.

╚═.♬.═══════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                                              And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                                              And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                                              And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "Why is this class at night time?"
With : Sitting beside Sybil Vance
Attire : Uniform

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:24 pm
User Image

Leaning up against his desk, Thorsten looked over the class. When Sybil raised her hand he gave a polite point and a nod to her. Handing over the floor, she was questioning the reason behind wanting to be immortal. He wasn’t going to argue with her that the idea behind it seemed quite terrible. Watching loved one’s die was a sad realization to those that wished to be so. Though on the other hand he knew a number of reasons why one would prefer to be immortal.

“That’s good question and you have a point. However there are some who are afraid to grow old and die. Despite having an option when we die to either remain here as ghosts or move on passed the veil, some would rather not die at all.” Thorsten explained. “There are also some that view living forever as form of power. To never be destroyed by one’s enemies and be invisible is some dark wizards’ biggest dream.” He added recalling that his father would probably love that very idea. “Course, most who wish for immortality do not think of the draw backs.” He told her as well as the rest of the class as he came out of the faintest memory. “Any more questions? If not class dismissed.” He said before adding. “Oh, and 10 points to Ravenclaw for your question Miss Vance.”

OOC : As of this post you are considered late, please take that into consideration when posting.

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 2/4 || 0 Essays

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

Deviled Dregs
                                                Levi Gamble, Gryffindor : 2/4 || 0 Essays

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph
                                                Avian Lovette, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:08 pm
This a long time coming like a comet pass;
Got 'em all fired up from the rocket blast!
And if I fall on my sword turn my bones to ash...
Let it clog up the sand in that hourglass.
We're in the title fight, blow for a blow!
And you can reap the benefits of what I have to sow.
'Cause I'm about that worth of which you don't appear to know-
So you can take the scene while I take over the show.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

third yeargryffindormuggleborn

Aster crept in far too late, hoping the professor was distracted enough by Sybil's question not to notice, or wouldn't care. She took a seat beside Levi, trying to figure out what was being discussed. Oh, immortality. Hells yeah, she'd live forever if she could. 'Course, most who wish for immortality do not think of the drawbacks'. Oh, boohoo, this was coming from a bloke who looked like a vampire and/or the lead singer of a goth band. She nearly bolted when class was dismissed.

OOC:
Username

It's a long way down when your head is in the clouds...
And all around the sirens play; don't get in my way!
Don't tell me I should bow, 'cause I'm no clown;
And this is not a game, don't get in my way!
Poisoned by the snakes in the grass...
Hoaxed by the rats out the maze...
Shoulda never poked the lion as she passed;
'Cause now it's two hawks in a cage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:02 pm
User Image

Thorsten sat at his desk as his students arrived, he hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good evening,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing resurrection.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“The closest anyone has gotten to resurrect a person from the dead is with the resurrection stone.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “It can recall someone who died from beyond, but they will return only in a semi-corporeal form." He mentioned before continuing back up to the front of the room. "These forms of loved ones are less real than a living body but more than a ghost. Meaning, they are more physically solid than a ghost, but less than a living body.” He finished before asking. “Now, any questions?”

OOC : ---

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe
                                                Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw : 2/4 || 0 Essays

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                Asteria Frey, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Essays

Deviled Dregs
                                                Levi Gamble, Gryffindor : 2/4 || 0 Essays

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph
                                                Avian Lovette, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 pm
                          User Image
                          murruelecreuset

Sybil had taken a quick liking to Ghoul and Ghost Studies, it was an interesting course, and she rather liked the professor. Sybil never thought she would be interested in the class, she'd signed up for it on a whim, but she was glad she'd made the decision. Resurrection was something Sybil rarely thought about - she didn't actually know anyone who had died, so she didn't feel the need to think about whether or not she'd want them to come back afterward. Speaking as someone who never lost someone, Sybil really didn't feel the need to bring someone back to life...

User Image

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces