Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] Spice Up Your Life (Nerisei/Amy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Elyessi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:38 am
Viva Viola

Nerisei would call herself excited. Despite the fact that she was literally lounging in her chair, she was excited. Internally, her heart was racing and her mind was alert, wondering what fun little thing they would be doing in this class. The definition when posted talked about spices, and spices were right up her alley. They were natural, they were flavorful, and they were part of a greater idea she had for making her mark on the academy.

As the professor walked around and began to hand out things, their task at hand was explained. They needed to enhance an object through the use of Pumpkin Spice. How very festive.

When Static came to her table, Static seemed to look her up and down a moment before providing a bit of a smirk. Then, she dropped a small pot onto her desk which housed a fake plant.

Fake soil. Fake roots. Fake leaves. Fake, fake, fake.

Nerisei didn't quite get the joke that was at her expense, but she could appreciate her item compared to others. Was someone carrying a pair of underwear?

Okay, back to the task at hand. The plant was fake, which meant it wouldn't be easy to get a scent or flavor in the plastic leaves or dirt. So how exactly would she be able to get this task done. As she pondered, Nerisei began to thrum her fingers onto her desk.

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Viva Viola rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Viva Viola

Mythical Senshi

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:55 pm
Okay so she gets to take a class to learn how to pumkinspice things? Awesome! Amy was super excited, her vines wriggling along with her. She was a bit dissappointed when she recived a roll of stamps instead of something like a plant she can easily infuse. Oh well, pumkin spice stamps should be something revolutionary!~

Oh look! Was that a druid? Amy smiled and waved to her. "Hello!~ Ummmn....I havent seen you around here before, whats your name?" She mustve came in with the latest wave of students, which would explain why she hasnt seen much of her yet.

Elyessi

Elyessi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:57 am
Viva Viola

Nerisei was still contemplative when Amy spoke up, but there was no startled expression on her face. Instead, her eyes slowly raised to look Amy over, a genuine smile crossing her features as she realized the ghoul was quite the plant-like creature. Oh yes, this was someone worth speaking with, or at least getting to know.

"I'm new..." Her drawl was slow, but not insulting. Instead, she sounded as relaxed as she looked, as if in a daze, "Nerisei Oreithyia, it's a pleasure to meet a fellow Plantae."

Then, she turned back to her plastic plant and took the spice scent, gently spreading it around the leaves and in the soil. She brushed her fingers across it so there were no obvious chunks, and even shook it a little to help everything settle. After a second, she sniffed the plant and smirked to herself, content with her work and turning to look at Amy once more.

"And you are called...?

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Viva Viola rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Viva Viola

Mythical Senshi

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:57 pm
Amy noticed that the ghoul looked over her slowly, which caused her to blush slightly, but she said nothing else. When the other ghoul smiled at her she nearly beamed back, vines shaking in a friendly way. She was excited to be speaking eith another plant-like ghoul since it seemed like they were kind of rare around here. Amy mulled over the ghoul's name in her mind, trying to make sure she pronounced it as good as she could before speaking next. It was quite the pretty name compared to hers which she wished her parents choose something in their language instead of trying to be unique.

"Pleased to meet you Nerisei. My name is Amy, and it is also a pleasure to meet a fellow Plantae. What species are you?"

She looked like she would make a beautiful tree of sorts with pretty red leaves and a nice strong tree trunk. She smiled then and sat down next to her, hoping she wouldnt mind. "How in all of Holloween are you supposed to spice a fake plant?" It seemed rather funny for the plant girl to even think about. "Oh! I am a new second year here, so I was new not too long ago. How do you like it so far?" She squinted at the stamp, trying to figure out what the right amount of spice would be, smiling when she put on just a small handfull all over the entire roll while wasting very little. Nice!

Elyessi

Elyessi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:01 pm
Viva Viola

Nerisei leaned back a bit, and let out a bit of a breath. The room was beginning to become overwhelming with the spicy scent.

"I am a hamadryad, a protector of the trees. My tree is a strangler fig...quite a hardy plant to be attached to." She spoke casually, pride leaking through her words, not making any sort of move when the monster joined her side.

"I've only just settled in, it seems. So far, I'm quite distracted by those who are different...we don't see many others in our grotto at home...what are you?" She swiveled back to peer at Amy, and waited for an answer before realizing that she needed to turn in her 'project'.

As she held up a finger slowly to show she would be right back, Nerisei moved to the front of the room to present her plant. It seemed as if she had overestimated her skills, for the teacher was not pleased at all, and shook her head before shooing her away. A fail, clearly, but Nerisei couldn't find it in her will be to bothered much.

Instead, she returned to Amy, "You know, I was thinking of re-establishing a garden club...you seem the right type. We should talk more at a later time about the opportunity."

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Viva Viola rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Viva Viola

Mythical Senshi

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:04 pm
A hamadyad huh? Like Hera some what but a subspecies? She may have heard of a hamadryad somewhere, but she couldnt remember. Maybe old leather Hyde would know? She decided to bother Sid about visiting with the old dragon again sometime since she was rather fond of him. The smell of pumkin spice was a bit overwhelming, and Amy had to pinch her nose for a little while to filter out the scent.

The plant ghoul perked up instantly when asked about her subspecies. "Im a man-eating plant! Rose sub species. We're all some sort of flower or general plant. Im sure one of our older plants have seen your kind aorund before, I jusst wish I knew who...Mother tree might know so it would be best to ask her." Amy also realized she needed to turn in her project, but she waited for Nerisei to come back before she left, witnessing the teacher's dissapproval. Well that was rude! It seemed like she was doing a splendid job, better than her even.

When she came back, she promptly got up to show the teacher her finished project, blinking when not only did the teacher nod with approval, but she litterally kept the roll of stamps as if it was predetermined she would have them. Amy frowned at the behavior, but moved on, walking back to where she was sitting. "A garden club?! Ih yes! I would definetly love to be apart of something so amazing if youre willnig to have me? Yes I would like to talk with you later~" she grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down her dorm number, handing it to Nerisei.

"That is my dorm number. If you want, we can meet there or we can meet up at the library? For now, I have to go. Im meeting some one and he can be a bit impaitent sometimes. It was nice meeting you~" She waved and started lightly jogging down towards the door. It was nice to meet more plant species like her.

Elyessi

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff