Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Spice up your Life (Keen and Camilla) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:55 am
WE ARE HALLOWEEN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:02 am
Uh How terrifying. Pumpkin Spice flavoring? Children?

Keen's mind was swimming as she took note on the fact that everywhere she looked it was advertised. Yet, no one else seemed to worried, so maybe she was just seeing things wrong? Maybe the phrasing was referring to the fact that the items were spicy but okay for kids?

The best thing to do would be to ask someone that had been a bit more social than she, so she called on the one person she knew she could always turn to. Camilla!

Static seemed to want them to learn to add pumpkin spice to things, and she most certainly did not want to cause harm to anything or anyone, so bringing along her friend was the safest move she could think of, but it was up in the air as to how Camilla felt when she was most unceremoniously abducted by the nervous banshee.

"Please come..." Keen pleaded in her newly found soft voice, the sound more a whisper than really speaking. She folded her hands in a praying gesture before dragging her friend off. Now here she was, looking at the other ToTer, who was handing her a random object and insisting she learned how to add pumpkin spice flavor to it.

The most confusing thing was that she had been handed a plush foxfire doll. Why would anyone add flavor to it anyway? Maybe if a scareling was teething they could use it... that could make some sense.. still one would more expect to be asked to add this spice flavoring to something a bit more, intended to be ate.

"Camilla.. what did you get?"  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:41 pm
Ah, Pumpkin Spice... How the Dormouse ghoul loved it! It worked so well with so many foods and was easy to cook with too! Some of the recipes she had tested with AJ had Pumpkin Spice, plus much of the supplies she'd bought this month were Pumpkin Spice scented or flavored.

Needless to say, Camilla was more then happy to help Keen out with a Class that involved Pumpkin Spice! "Ooo! Pumpkin Spice?! Yeah, I'll definitely help! Heh." she agrees excitedly! Her tail wagged merrily as she did, however it stopped a whole minute after she agreed as a confused expression washes over her face... "Wait... You can talk!?" she exclaims in surprise as it finally sinks in that Keen spoke and not the Black Widow Poms she usually had with her!

Camilla's answer would have to wait due to her being unceremoniously dragged away to the class. She didn't mind though; if the class had a time limit Keen might want to wait till later to answer. When they arrived, before Camilla could even really take in her surroundings, a small jar of Pumpkin Spice powder was shoved in her hand; along with it, a pumpkin into her arms as well... The ghostly ToTer told her to make the Pumpkin taste like Pumpkin Spice! ...Well, that should be simple enough... She knew how to make Pumpkin Pie after all...

"I got a Pumpkin..." she says softly in a bit of a disappointed tone as she instinctively perks her large mouse ears forwards a bit to better hear her friend... She was disappointed because she knew how to make a Pumpkin smell like Pumpkin Spice... She'd hoped to learn something new... Ah well, better get to work!

Steal
Ugh! I hate the keyboard for this Library computer! I keep having trouble typing T's, D's, and R's...

Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:43 pm
It didn't take the experienced Dormouse ghoul long to gut the Pumpkin, separate the seeds from the flesh, and mix up the filling. Camilla was oblivious to how horrific her gutting the Pumpkin might be to someone who didn't know the difference between a regular Pumpkin and a breeding Pumpkin.

She had everything mixed up and just needed to add the most important ingredient. -- Save for the Pumpkin itself. -- Unfortunately... Just as she was about to add the Pumpkin Spice, someone bumps right into her! 'Eep!" she squeaks in surprise as she was jarred and the small jar of Pumpkin Spice went flying out of her hand! ...Right into her filling... And landed upside down no less... "Oh no!" she exclaims worriedly as she carefully lifts up the jar in hopes of not dumping out all of it's contents into her filling...

Needless to say... It didn't work... Sighing disappointedly, she tries to mix in the spice as much as possible so it would be evenly distributed. Finally, once her pie crust was finished blind baking, she fills it and puts it into the oven... Hopefully it would mellow as it baked...? She wasn't feeling very confident about that...  

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:49 pm
And last roll... Lets hope!

Failed... (What is with my luck and these classes!)  
Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:59 pm
(Doing I again! XP! Sorry Keen, you might get buried in Pumpkin Spice before Camilla's done!)  

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:01 pm
(Gulp)  
Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:02 pm
3 + 2 = 5....

Failed... (Seriously... Why...)  

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:07 pm
One more time! (seriously last time... After this, Camilla and Keen can have a animated conversation about why it took her three times to succeed/why she failed three times...)(And I swear I'll fill all these posts in...)  
Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:09 pm
(*holds breath*)  

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

Steal rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:09 pm
Completely unsure how it worked to make a toy taste like anything other than a toy, she looked at the spices. Okay if what Camilla was doing made any sense to her she should add this stuff to make the toy's taste change. The cute little foxfire plush was soon bathed a little too liberally with the spices. The banshee hummed a bit as she started to add spices all over the place, and soon not only was the cute plushie covered in spices, but so was the counter, the floor... the banshee.

Then Keen checked on her friend. What in the world? A soft cry of horror came from the banshee's lips, not a wail but a squeak of a sort as she saw Camilla gutting a pumpkin. Keen dropped what she was doing a moment and covered her mouth. The poor scareling!

Keen moved toward Camilla pointing in horror at the dead pumpkin.  
Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:10 pm
6 + 2 = 8...

Failed...

*Cries*

I guess Camilla isn't destined to get cool Learned abilities... (Aside from being able to change into her Halloween Costume on a whim...)  

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:10 pm
Keen sighed as she failed so bad, actually what shocked her more than anything else, was that after finally recovering from the shock of seeing her friend working on the pumpkin, she could not find Static anywhere. The DJ had somehow managed to not only show how bad her job was at making a pumpkin spice plushie, but how terrible she had done over all.

The sad feeling Banshee put away the terrible mess that she had made, and looked around for the other Toter, so that she could get another object. She wanted to try again, she had to show that she wasn't a complete mess at doing this.  
Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:12 pm
Finally locating Static she asked softly if she could try again. To shock her more than anything else, she looked at her hand to find that she had been handed a... LEMON? Keen looked at the lemon, at static then back at the lemon again, as if to ask if this was a serious test she was being given.

Well, since she was not getting the lemon taken back, she knew she had to work on this. The only thing to do was to move over to a table, and carefully slice the lemon into smaller portions. Hmm, now how was she going to do this?

Camilla wasn't having a very good time either it seemed, she had messed up a few things but it wasn't a failure so much as, what was needed to learn and grow... yeah she would pretend that she completely believed that.  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Steal rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm
Okay so what does one do with a Jar of pumpkin spice and a lemon? She stared down at the pair of items, walking around the table poking at the lemon. Was there anything that could be done to make a lemon and the spice work as a pair?

She lifted the jar, and sprinkled a little spice onto the lemon. Hmm.. no that just looked weird. Oh! She took the whole jar and dumped it on the table and rolled and basted the lemons in the spice. when she then picked the slices up they were a lovely dark shade and... er... stunk.

Okay, maybe this wasn't a good idea but something had to come from the mess. Looking in dismay at the smelly lemon slices she then hung a piece of wire through them, thinking that they could make ornaments?

Er yeah that was just what she intended... no one would know otherwise.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff