Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] Halloween Costume! (Hayden & Jarrod)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

Name of Class: Your Very Own Halloween Costume!
Professor name: Professor Selene Apophis

General Information: This class is open to Amityville students as well as Horsemen!

Professor Selene has collected far too much memorabilia from her trips to the human world, especially during Halloween. She wants to put some of her collection to good use, by helping out anyone who wants to make an appropriate costume for the all too important Trick or Treating that occurs every Halloween in the human world! You get to keep what you put together here - you may even get to use her costume in her Halloween Helpers Field Trip or one of the Horseman's Trick-or-Treating (Treat only) mission, should you want to!

Mechanics:

Part One
: Picking outfit pieces

There's boxes lined up all in a row, all of which are filled with colorful pieces of costumes from days gone by. You're allowed to pick out four pieces to make a costume, so make it count!

Roll 4d12. If you don't like the pieces you rolled in this option, you are allowed to try again one time! Matching pieces will give you more points!

1. A Witch/Wizard Hat
2. A Witch/Wizard Robe
3. A Broom
4. A Pirate's Hat
5. A Pirate's Tunic
6. A Sword
7. A Skull Mask
8. A Skeleton Bodysuit
9. A Pumpkin Stump Hat
10. A Giant Pumpkin Bodysuit
11. A Blue Fairy Dress
12. Blue Wings

As you can see, 1/2/3 is a match, 4/5/6 is a match, as is 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12. If you manage to match two pieces of an outfit, you get +2 to your final total. If you manage 3 pieces, you get +4 to your final total! If NONE of your pieces match, you get +1 added to your total for originality. Remember you are allowed to roll again if you don't like your first find, but you must roleplay both posts out (minimum 100 words each), and you can choose whichever of the two you like best!

Part Two:

Putting together your costume:

It's time to show Selene what you've chosen! Put the costume on and try to explain to her what you are, even if your pieces mismatch. Are you a pirate fairy? A Skeletal Pumpkin? That's horrifying! You must tell her a story (minimum 200 words) about the character you've created. You can even give it a name, a backstory, and a goal in life! Make it interesting, Selene loves to be enchanted with a good story!

Roll 1d6 with your explanation post. Add the total of this dice, to the points you made in part one. Match your total to the fields below!

Totals:
1-2: Selene is so disappointed in your lack of attention to detail. She doesn't even know if she should let you keep the costume you made.. you clearly don't care about it! (Fail)
3-4: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. maybe you should have taken your work more seriously.. (Fail)
5-6: Selene says nothing, but puts a green star sticker on your forehead. For Effort! (Pass)
7-8: Well done! Selene is so enchanted by your story, that she's lost track of what she was doing. Oh, that's right! Giving you an A! (Pass)
9-10: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. did you do something wrong? Was your costume not good enough? No, she's just.. so.. proud.. *SNIFF* (Pass)

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

You complete the class, whether you pass or fail. +2 RP points for completing this class with at least 600 words!

Should you pass, you will get a bonus to the Horseman Trick or Treating (TREAT) EM, or Selene's Halloween Helpers Mission! You also get this neat-o special ability:

Super cool IC ability that you get for passing: You can now magically transform into your halloween costume instantly!

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Morning_stars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 pm
          All these new classes seemed so interesting! Although she wasn't willing to be in the kitchen any time soon, most of the new classes didn't involve cooking or finding ingredients. That was too stressful. Something that allowed her to play dress up seemed interesting though. Maybe it would teach her more about the human world also.

As she walked into the classroom she looked around to see if there was anyone willing to work in a team with her. The last time she had done that she had more fun, it made the time pass by faster. She didn't see anyone that she knew right away, which meant she needed to find a new person to work with her.

Devoss nodded over towards a boil that he thought was a good choice and she nodded.

"Hey, want to work together on this one?" she asked the brightly colored boil.

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Morning_stars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm
Jarrod had heard from other student about some new classes to try. He hadn't been in much classes yet but he did like the sound of some of the newer ones. Most of them didn't sound so difficult and some even sounded like fun. A class that let you create a Halloween Costume sounded like something fun and interesting to do. Maybe this simple class would even learn him something. It was worth trying. Something that would be useful in the human world was always worth trying.

He walked into the classroom looking at all the boxes and listening to what he had to do. He wondered if he would be able to keep what he came up with. There sure seemed to be alot of boxes around to pick clothes from. He wanted to find someone to work together with first. This was a class that would be more fun if he had someone else try it too.

When he heard the ghoul ask him if he wanted to work together with her he was quite happy with that. "I would love to work together with you for this class." He smiled at her and added. "This class looks like alot of fun. Lets create some amazing costumes!" Jarrod luckily was quite good with creating nice costumes and he hoped it would help them now.

a pet dino
Going to roll the dice in my next post.

a pet dino rolled 4 12-sided dice: 7, 10, 11, 12 Total: 40 (4-48)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:00 pm
          Yes! The boil seemed excited for the class, which was such a relief. She once worked with someone who didn't want to be there, and it was just plain horrible. Plus, he was kind of cute.

"It does, all the things in the boxes look like they will be fun to wear." she started going through the boxes. Some things seemed to go together, but most of the stuff just seemed so random. She wondered if there was anything in them that would fit Devoss. She looked over at her familiar for a second before going back to the boxes. "I'm Hayden by the way. The fur ball over there is Devoss, my familiar."

She rummaged through until she picked out a skull mask, a giant pumpkin bodysuit, a fairy dress and some fairy wings. She put on the dress, wings and skull match with a laugh. Holding up the bodysuit she shrugged at the boil. "I'm not sure how I'm suppose to wear this also? Maybe over the dress?"

Morning_stars

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Morning_stars rolled 4 12-sided dice: 4, 7, 7, 3 Total: 21 (4-48)

Morning_stars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:08 pm
"My name is Jarrod, very pleased to meet you!" He smiled and her and looked at the familiar. "Pleased to meet you too!" He said to the familiar Jarrod was quite happy to work together with someone who seemed to like this class just like himself. Now he didn't have to work al alone as he usually does.

He started to pick things from the boxes trying to find some nice clothes for his costume. He wasn't sure what he would find but with so many boxes and things there must be something useful in some of them.

After searching some of the boxes he found two different skull masks a broom and a pirate's hat. He didn't really need two masks now did he? He can only wear one. He laughed at the stuff he found and decided he needed to look better for stuff in the boxes. This just wasn't good enough. How was he even going to wear this?

"I'm going to try and find something better!" he said to Hayden "I promise it won't take very long!" He showed her what he got and laughed. "I can't really do anything with this, right?"

He liked the things the other had found and thought it looked good. "Yeah, wear it over the dress. Sounds good."

a pet dino
Rolling a second time. This one was bad.

Morning_stars rolled 4 12-sided dice: 12, 11, 10, 9 Total: 42 (4-48)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:24 pm
Jarrod started to go though all the boxes again hoping to find some better clothes this time. He was sure there was something good in one of the boxes. He just needed to find that one. He found a box that looked promising. Did it have good items inside?

It turned out to have good items inside. He was very pleased with what he found this time. It even sort of seemed to match and he really liked that. He found a Pumpkin Stump Hat (which he thought looked funny), a Giant Pumpkin Bodysuit (which looked silly and he loved it), a Blue Fairy Dress (He in a dress) and Blue Wings.

"Look at what I found!" He put all the things on and he now looked like a giant pumpkin princess or something. "I look completely silly and I like that. I hoped to find something really random and silly and I think I did."
a pet dino

Morning_stars

a pet dino rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:27 pm
          Devoss nodded polietly to Jarrod. Such a polite boil, he had chosen well. "The pleasure is mine Jarrod." Devoss said before going back to grooming himself.

She slipped the pumpkin suit over the dress and waited as he looked through for more things. The first time he had too many masks, and the same kinds of masks also. However on his second try he did much better, and they kind of matched! "Looks like we are both Fairy Pumpkins." she said with a laugh.

She moved over to where Selene was to tell her about what she was.

"Hello! So I'm a... this went much better in her head. "I'm a dead pumpkin fairy." Yes that made sense with her outfit, right? Her skull mask made her dead and then the outfit made her a pumpkin fairy. She could rock this. "I live amongst the pumpkins, making sure that they grow strong and scary. My powers allow me to make sure that they grow correctly. My second job is to scare away anyone who would dare come and pick a pumpkin before it's ready. Since that would kill the pumpkin." This wasn't going as good as she would have wished. Still not scary enough.

"I have the ability to control pumpkin vines and use the to scare people. I can also fly, throwing rotten pumpkins at anyone who dares to try and fight me. They call me the Pumpkin Whisper, and my goal in life is to make sure that all pumpkins grow up to their full potential." That was enough, she felt like she had already made a fool of herself and the more she talked the worse it would just get. "Um... That is all." she said with a bow as she moved back to Jarrod's side.

"You can't do worse then me." she said with a frown. If she wanted to impress him she was sure she screwed that up.

Morning_stars
1 + 2 = 3
3-4: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. maybe you should have taken your work more seriously.. (Fail)

Morning_stars rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:47 pm
"I'm sorry the teacher didn't like your story but I sort of liked it." Jarrod was feeling a bit sorry for her now as he really did like it. Too bad he wasn't a teacher and couldn't do anything for her.

It was his turn now to make up a story for the teacher about his costume. He walked over to the teacher and started his story:

"Hey, I'm a scary pumpkin princess that is also somehow a Fairy." This didn't seem to make much sense but he liked telling silly stories. The stranger the story the more he liked telling it. He continued "I walk around at night making scary noices and throwing bits of pumpkin over the houses. They hate me doing that but I just keep doing it. They can't grab me as I simply fly away when they try. They don't understand me and are afraid of me because of that." He grinned wide now and hoped it looked convincing as he wasn't really sure himself about that. "They think I'm a cute fairy first and get really startled when they see I'm a scary pumpkin too making them really unsure of what they are seeing. They think I'm dangerous and cannot be captured making me perfectly scary." He concluded his story with those words.

They story wasn't very good but he still got a sticker for effort. Looked like it was a succes! "Hey look, I got a sticker so she sort of liked what I did" He smiled at her and asked. "What do you think? I liked your story better myself."

a pet dino
2 + 4 = 6
~ 5-6: Selene says nothing, but puts a green star sticker on your forehead. For Effort! (Pass)

Morning_stars

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm
          She smiled at him and as he spoke gave him a thumbs up as he spoke. His story was much better then hers was, so she wasn't surprised when the teacher gave him a sticker.

"I agree with her, yours was pretty interesting. I wouldn't want to have to face your creature." she laughed as she took off her mask. "It was fun working with you in this class. Perhaps we can do it again sometime?" she suggested.

Morning_stars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:37 pm
Jarrod was both surprised and happy to hear Hayden had liked his story. He wasn't really sure if he liked it this much himself. "Thank you for liking my story." He smiled when he heard her say they could working together in a class again. It was something good. "I really liked working with you too in this class and I really hope we can work again in something soon." It was time to leave the class again so he wanted to go back to his own room this time. He waved Hayden goodbye and left. He walked back to his room with a smile.

a pet dino
Sorry for this really late reply. I still wanted to post here to make Jarrod say bye. Thank you for this RP. I hope we can RP again soon.

Morning_stars

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff