Floundering in college

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxPEACHFUZZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 pm
Hi ladies,

So this is my freshmen year in college. Up until my senior year of high school, I have always considered school work to be extremely important. I was always in the top ten, and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. I moved a few hours away from home to go to school, thinking that I could handle being somewhere where I didn't know anyone.

It turns out I can't.

The school I attend is a lot less liberal than advertised, and I've had quite a few horrendous encounters with people due to my race and religious beliefs. Most times when I try to talk to people they ignore me, and I had a couple people straight up tell me that they don't want to talk to me. It's very demoralizing to have every attempt at socializing and making friends be shot down.

On top of that, the classes I'm taking are really hard. I was top of my class in high school, but it turns out that my high school was really easy to glide through. I was placed in the lowest level of math by a placement test and I'm still floundering in that. I was a straight A student in Spanish for years, but I was placed in the elementary level and I'm struggling in that. I can't seem to keep up.

Lately, I've been really depressed. I've been hiding in my room, and it's really hard for me to even get out of bed in the morning. I cry over the smallest things, and when I do go to class, which is very rare now, I feel very anxious and like I'm going to be sick.

I want to take a semester off, and my mum has already said she understands. However, I'm not sure if I can even make it through the rest of this one. She doesn't seem to understand how depressed I feel all the time. She tells me I'm just being lazy and that I need to pass all my classes. Which I'm trying really hard to do. I think I've gone over the limit with absences in one of my classes and I'm wondering if I should ever go back since I probably have an automatic F.

I just don't know what I should do anymore. I hate failing, but I feel so depressed and upset all of the time.

Have any of you gone through this, or anything similar?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:44 pm
I reached times at University where it just seemed difficult. You can maybe try to find clubs on campus that align with your religious views/race.

If you can get through this semester, you may benefit from going to a school closer to home. Some people move away and don't realize they can handle it that well. And some people just need time to figure out what they want to study.

Everyone fails a few classes, it's all about adjusting to adulthood, so some take longer then others.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces