Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Doux Housing District
//1411// Victoria Porter & Hakem Takashi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:06 am
whiters4

User Image

⊙〖OOC: *oils her joints* Today's Outfit: Basic 90's TuckFeeling: Extremely Sexually Pent Up; Calmingly Happy. Money: $1,780.50〗⊙
"But I think my mistakes became the chemistry for my miracles..."

Even still the tears threatened to push over her lashes and leak down her face. And with that, hidden against Victoria, she pressed her pointer finger against the inside curve of her nose, dragging outward until she reached the corner of her eye, stopping what she could. Her bags were stolen out from beneath her, her gaze caught on Hakem as he trailed back in and plopped down in one of the only pieces of furniture with arms. Did they not fall off of them very often? She had been so used to curling up against the arm of the couch, she wouldn't have even been sure how to respond to one without. A funny smile caught her lips. The idea that maybe, they transformed and took naps like dogs on the couches themselves. "I'm okay. I'm not really hungry." She was rarely hungry these days, in honesty. Often times she'd force herself to eat for Tyrese's sake - and still leave her plate only half touched by the time they had finished. Not that she didn't love his cooking. It was a nice change compared to the usual lets throw something together and it'll taste good mixture she had grown used to over the past year and a half or so. Her brows furled inward, her eyes stuck against the ground as memories came and fled before she followed Tori.

"Man I wish my kitchen looked like this." The coloring- The lighting- The orb like overhanging lamps against the window... She had considered getting something like that for the bar; something almost rustic looking over the bar stools. But there was something about the lighting that made the rest of the place look almost too... Orange. Something about the lack of windows and sunlight in the building. As Victoria dropped the bags and moved to the fridge, she began to dig through the fabric, pulling out the multiple bottles of liquor she nabbed from storage at the bar. Not that it was a big deal. If anything, she had a tendency to over stock as a "just in case" method. "So what do you want me to make?" She smiled softly and shook her head, accompanying the exhale with a small eye roll. 'Surprise' her. Right. She reached for the vodka, twisting off the cap with a crack and replacing it with a steel pour spout. It took a few moments of pressure and struggle until it finally snapped into place. She brushed her curls back over her shoulders, exhaling and shaking her now bruised feeling hands out until the pain began to subside. Man did that sting. Turning, she pressed the glass into the slot on the fridge, several tinkling ice cubes falling into the cup until they reached the rim.

She hardly noticed Tori staring her down, focusing on her own head count for the amount of vodka pouring out of the bottle. She felt... Awkward. Guilty. And absolutely grateful to the two that they had taken her back without a hint of malice. Hopefully. She pushed the glass towards her friend and twitched her fingers as she looked back into the bag for the darker, brown liquor she had brought with her - specifically for Hakem. The rim felt thick between her fingers. There were a few moments of silence in between as she worked the red wax seal off the neck of the bottle. "So how does it feel?" She turned the bourbon, sloshing several ounces into the rocks glass before pouring it over ice into the shaker and capping it tight. It was practically all memory by now; she had been bartending for 5 years on and off. "Not being... Human, I mean." She could hardly remember the days she was oblivious to the supernatural. She had been so young at the time when she had learned about her 'abilities'. But there were the few memories beforehand. Blurred images.

She gave the cup several more shakes, glancing at Tori in between, before tipping the top off and pouring the now chilled liquid over the new cubes of ice and drizzle of simple syrup. Her head nodded along to Tori's words, closing her eyes as she picked up a thin straw and stirred the mixture. Do you believe in werewolves? Was it coincidental? Was the question itself supposed to lead to this future? Why had it stayed in her head for so long? She believed, somewhat, in soul mates - though the love in thought had begun to die - but the thought of... She thinned her lips before casually glancing upward and smiling softly. "It is." It was all she could really say. She had wondered what it would be like to be an animalistic being. To feel that sheer freedom and not have to be recognized later. To be able to sprint without so much as detection from another pair of eyes, wondering what she was doing or how she was doing it. She sighed and pulled a lemon from her bag with a small knife, curving the blade over the rind and twisting it into a curl over Hakem's drink before plopping it in. And just like that, it was gone from beneath her vision. She had barely had the time to register Victoria taking it away from the counter top and, by the time she had, the woman was already across the kitchen and into the living room.

Quickly she combined her own crimson red drink - double that of her normal - and scrambled after, hardly careful to keep all the liquid contained in the already full brim. She made her way to one of the couches, sitting down carefully and stirring her straw through her drink again. She hadn't shaken hers, she didn't need to, but she was still cautious how quickly the mix could separate. "You'll like that one." She glimpsed at Hakem when Victoria offered out his drink. "That's one I picked up a few months ago. Espresso in it and everything." Her eyebrows rose, twitching upwards repeatedly before she leaned back and took several large swallows of her own. Before she could notice, at least half of her glass was gone, the taste of peach and cranberry thick on her tongue. The muscle shoved against the roof of her mouth, rubbing what alcohol flavor she could around her taste buds. Me? She mulled over the last... Half year. The guilt felt heavy again, her shoulders slumping. "I guess... A lot..." She bit the inside of her cheek. "I don't even know where to begin." Her voice was soft, disoriented, unlike herself.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

"And we're glad to see you too. You know that." She eyed Hakem wearily in the corner of her eye. Beneath the facade, she worried about her friend. Of course she did. It had been weeks, if not months, and her friend had very obviously shrunk in size around her waist. She looked exhausted, mentally stressed... The calm and aftermath of an almost year-long storm. And she smelled... She inhaled slightly. Victoria had only been slightly peculiar to her sense of smell. But ever since becoming the supernatural- It was such a strong difference. She could smell the emotion, the feeling, the wan- Her lips stiffened and thinned, her teal eyes narrowing back over the top of the brunette's head and just beneath her ruby spectacles. Leaning down, she let go of Bree's hip and latched her fingers beneath the bag straps, pulling it back up and off the ground. "Come on. You need something to eat and I want a drink." The thirty year old turned on her socked heel and toward the kitchen. The sunlight illuminated the colorful walls and light brown cabinets, her shadow playing over them as she crossed behind the counter and heaved the bags onto the marble top.

She scoffed slightly at Aubrey's comment, glancing to the front window. It had been a little too bright in her opinion - if anything she had thought over the possibility of repainting the room into something more neutral - or perhaps a nice red wine color to contrast the lightness of the detailing. "Surprise me." She flicked what looked like a possible crumb or fleck of dust off the island and pulled the fridge door open, scanning down along the shelves. It didn't take long for Bree to protest, and after a while, she would give in somewhat, a soft sigh escaping her peach lips. It would be harder to get her to eat now than it would with a few drinks in her. So she would, reluctantly, hold off for now. With a slight slump in her shoulders, she rounded the counter corner and slung herself into a bar stool, placing her palm beneath her chin and drumming her fingers along her cheekbones. Her eyes never left her companion, studying each feature she'd missed during her absence. And when a cool glass with bright orange liquid was sent her way, the scent of citrus practically stinging her nostrils, she still hardly budged other than to take the glass in her free hand. A wave of thunder clapped again, perking the red head's expression for a split second. She had opened her mouth to speak at a point, only to close it in response to Bree's question. Her mind reeled. So badly she had wanted to express the differences she noticed right away - the difficulty of the change overall; what she had underestimated, which was, in a sense, everything. For a while she believed Hakem's words were only an excuse to not change her. Oh how wrong she had been.

She flicked her gaze back to the shaker in Bree's frail hands, amazed she could withstand the cold seeping from the metallic cup. A clear, icy condensation had formed hardly a few jerks in. "Everything's..." She paused, thinning her lips again. And yet, here she sat, at a loss for words. "Everything's just different. My body is so stupidly in tune with the world." She mulled. "It's been, what, 6 or 7 months? And it's still new to me. I don't think I'm ever going to get used to it. You spend 30 years as a human - thinking things like-" She gestured to Bree and the living room in one swift, palm up motion. "- That, don't exist; and even when they do and you become a part of it..." She trailed slightly, partially closing her eyes until her lashes interrupted her vision. "I don't even really need these glasses anymore. I just wear them because I have been for the past 23 years. It feels wrong if I don't." As if to demonstrate she pulled them off the tips of her ears, swinging them in a few rotations before letting them dangle on their own with a lazy expression. She inhaled slowly. "But the freedom-" Her eyes practically lit up. "It's amazing, B." The slightest hint of a snicker snuck on to her lips. "It's like I finally understand what it's like for you in the water." And that was the truth. Bree was blissful under the waves. It was her safe haven. Her element. She remembered the first time those purple eyes sparked with excitement as she talked about the mere thought of being in the water. And now... She had hers. "Primal. Animalistic." She loved it.

She whisked the rocks glass from beneath Bree's nose as soon as the lemon garnish was placed inside, pushing herself to one foot and shoving the chair back with the other. Quietly it groaned a complaint against the floor, silencing as she stepped away from it and padded back to the living room. She was quicker on her feet now, but it was more than likely her excitement of her friend being in the vicinity after such a long while. "But we want to know how you've been." Hitching her hip against one arm of his chair, she held out the shorter glass to Hakem, careful not to spill the concoction onto either his clothing or food. Once he took it, she pinched the tip of her own straw and pursed her lips, slowly taking in a long sip of her simplistic vodka and orange juice mixture as she focused again on Bree. "After what happened around Christmas, it's like you just... Disappeared." Did she look as sad as she felt? She had been pissed off at the time. Hakem and argued with her on the front porch and sidewalk that she wouldn't be allowed to come. If anything, she still felt a little pissed off. But she understood and dropped it after a few months of finding her.

"The real star lover!"
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plaid Porter I I Feeling: Sexually Satisfied; Inwardly Ecstatic. I I Funds: $1,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:53 am
User Image
User Image

✦➖☆➖★➖✧➖✦➖☆➖ ★➖✧➖✦➖☆

”Ad Astra per Aspera”
I'm wondering "Home" tab || I'm with "Tor, Aubrey "
I'm wearing Swigity Swooty tab ||Status

✦ ➖ ☆ ➖ ★ ➖ ✧➖ ✦ ➖ ☆➖ ★ ➖ ✧

"Always." Hakem agreed with his fiancé as he settled, one carton tucked between his legs and the other in hand with his chopsticks. His eyes were turned downward, pouring the runoff from his chow Mein onto his beef. Still he felt her stare, sure enough that he could guess it's language, but tickled that she rarely used her pack link when it was so readily available; unnecessary, perhaps, when you knew your spouse so well- but there remained more to master before telepathic talk became secondhand, anyway. Bree had come in as a shell of herself, any smaller and the saying would be literal. Tor didn't know he'd offered her the same thing she was now for the same reasons, but her asking did confirm they were thinking the same thing. He chose silence, assuming the curly brunette would be easier swayed by the second female and trusted friend. His broccoli crunched as he bit into it, a sigh escaping his nostrils as the women disappeared. Had they invited Darius over, things would feel almost normal again, reminiscent. And he, perhaps, would have talked Bree into eating without batting an eye. Too happy to see her, overjoyed to tears, and an innocent child's inquiry if she planned to partake of whatever foods were available, or if he should bring her food from...where ever those portals of his lead. Perhaps his absence was what felt so off about this year, at least for the pure bred- they had moved only recently and had plenty of room to miss the way things functioned back in Lahakoe. Back when-

He shook thin remnants of sauce off a slice of beef and directed it towards his mouth, letting go of his thoughts as the thunder overhead shook them loose only momentarily. As ice rattled away in the other room, much louder in his sensitive ears, Hakem cleared his throat. Six or seven months as he still felt the same way about changing her, even though he couldn't take it back. He liked her human, still did, even while not disliking how she was now. He had seen little advantage to the change outside the physical, little need to make her...Well, she wasn't unlike herself at all, but she was inherently different in function. He hadn't needed her to be different, but he acknowledged she did- and if not by his hands than whos? "It's amazing we finally got her to stop shredding clothes, my wallet thanks her." He added offhandedly, grateful the slight tinge of tense air remained in the next room with the momentary lapses of silence and awkwardness. Unspoken questions and acknowledgment of how bad things had been. Neary a friendship of his remained since college, so he was foreign to the feeling if not for now. He was calm, however, content to let the inevitable take its course. Naturally, that was his style and always will be; stoic, but not too detached- laidback, easygoing, hopefully easy to relax with. Bree would come forward with the gritty details when it felt 'safe' to do so.

Hakem eyed the piano, tempted to glide his fingers along the keys and strikes notes in time with the rain before Victoria's weight pressed into the side of his chair. He leaned forward to place his carton onto the table top, humming his thanks as not to expose an occupied mouth as he received the cup tipped his way. It was pleasantly cool in his hand, brightening eyes keeking it over as the scent of caffeine pervaded that of day old Chinese. He lifted a brow as the mixologist migrating to the couch, a shot exhale replacing a chuckle as he swallowed what was in his mouth onto to chase it with a sip of bourbon and syrup. He liked all his drinks as dark and bitter as his coffee, being a man of the opinion not to fix what wasn't broken. "It's quite nice. Thank you." He'd manage, lifting and dropping a brow at the sight of her own half binge of drink. It was to be expected, from what he'd heard twenty minutes prior. The wolf eyed the red head's drink, nose scrunched at the scent of citrus. He supposed he appreciated those flavors more than the sweetness of bananas and the like. Had he been the one in the kitchen with Bree, he would have grabbed himself a lemon poppy seed muffin to complement the bitterness. No, rather, the conversation was turning and he raised another brow to hear it, placing his second carton aside in favor of his drink.

He was reluctant to be the one to egg her on, he was no more knowledgeable about where to start than she; less so, obviously. He was aware of a vague little, and none of it was anything pleasant to think upon. He'd found her in that basement himself and that had left him scarred in it's own way, her silence had only felt like a natural reaction in combination to her condition at the time. Tyrese had been on top of that without the slightest ask while he and Tor questioned between themselves, where the hell was Finn? The next they saw of her was for paintball, no Finn still and mere weeks before that family unit would be fully dismantled in all but the name itself. What a place to start would any of that be? The astrologist swiveled his glass, his free pair of fingers swaying the hairs laying closest to his brow. "It has been a lot, it looks like it's had a toll on you." A small exhale as he broke the ice, assuming Tori hadn't, and perhaps with gentler wording. "You haven't been handling too much on your own have you? If Tor and I could be doing anything, we want to know." It wasn't much and it wasn't 'to the point' so as to bring anything up, but if Tyrese had become distant and they hadn't known so, he wanted to offer their support. Tori would want to too, and so long as he said they'd offer anything, it was his way of conceding she offer the same; anything and everything she needed. They had all they needed and extra, after all, enough to help a friend get away if she needed it.

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy

Z

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:53 am
whiters4

User Image

⊙〖OOC: -- Today's Outfit: Basic 90's TuckFeeling: Extremely Sexually Pent Up; Calmingly Happy. Money: $1,780.50〗⊙

Torment.
Torment, torment.
And more torment. How could she start this?

She grazed the straw against the vermilion of her lip thoughtfully, her gaze focused on the glossy wood of the living room floor. Her finger stroked over the processed and shaped plastic, each and every memory over the past several months since Christmas reeling through her mind. From the moment she was carried from that basement in Tyrese's arms until the moment she sat down on this very couch. The New Years nightmare, the threaten of Finn's return, the paintball event and wish, her birthday, Finn's return- With a long inhale her chest slowly rose and fell, her shoulders straightening as she curled her ankle beneath her paled thigh. Her high-waisted shorts dug gingerly into her the area above her belly button; though her skin remained protected by the thin white t-shirt tucked beneath it. She reached beneath and pulled it out gently, tugging what caught, she assumed, beneath her zipper as she pondered where to begin. Already the alcohol struck her blood stream the further she drank - and slowly - she felt a warmth rise to her already rosy cheeks; dismissed easily by her flustered thoughts. She couldn't imagine all of the questions they had for her that they were currently holding back simply to be polite. So, she'd start with the most concerning. The one bothering her for coming on a month now. Had it really been so long? Her brows furrowed. "He came back a few weeks ago."

At the inquiry she could only nod, closing her eyes for much longer than she had meant to. The stress of it all had barely begun to ease. Again she would ask herself the same questions she had the very day -- the day she handed over Sucre's to the new owners. And somehow, he had managed to find her right there on the beach. Did she really think she would never see him again? She had forced herself at the time to accept the easiest outcome in all of this. That she could move on without another word. That he had found happiness somewhere else without her and she would move on, knowing she had too. All because she had found herself pining after a new, different man. A man that knew how to treat her from the beginning, that she had come to learn she could always be accepted by and be told the unbiased truth to. How she longed for him to give in to his weaknesses and spend the night swarmed in each other's arms. She let out a cool exhale through parted, plush lips. The dreary weather offered no solace to her dissatisfaction, her heart giving a hardened wrench. The guilt she bore was unmistakable to herself. In truth, there had always been a part of her that wanted to stay with Finn. There was the underlying consideration that perhaps she was too quick to move on given the situation and context. That part of her had been unfaithful to her own lawful husband. The silence as they awaited her continuation tore into her very being. She took another long sip and finally, she faltered.

"I don't know what to do." Her voice was soft, quiet, and... Helpless. "I don't know what to do." A mixture of anger from the earlier hours began to weigh against the depression she felt. The now bare ice echoed against the plastic confines of the cup as she steadily rolled it back and forth between her palms. "He-" She pushed a hand through her bangs and shoved it through her curls until several caught and stopped her fingers in the process. They coiled and laced through her appendages like knotted snakes, pulling tight and vaguely threatening her pale skin. She hung her head back and stared at the ceiling with a disbelieving look, still appalled with the story he had returned with. Even still, the entirety of it made her upset, regardless of whether or not it was true. She had hardly given him the time of day to begin the entire story before the venom she kept so finely tuned under her palette came spitting back at him. It was never her intention for it to all come down to this- She had never wanted him to leave. She had thought she made that overwhelmingly clear before he had stepped out the front door with a packed bag. You LEFT! She had wanted everything to do with his life. To be so much more than the little house wife he made her feel to be. Another shuddering breath gated the exhausted tears.

"He said he got into an accident and lost his memory." The toe of her shoe continuously wiggled, faster as she mulled her next words; as if fueled by the sheer thought of it all. "That-" The corners of her lips tightened and she fumbled to place both hands on her cup, staring down into the container instead of the smoothed ceiling. For a split second, her voice may have cracked. "That I 'knew that he was going to come back for me'." She inhaled harshly, shaking her head the more she spoke. Her curled fist pressed hard against the corner of her eye, refusing any threatening tears. All you do is cry. She struggled to swallow the lump that had formed in her throat. Her lips formed a tight seal, hardly noticing the first tear of many rolling along the hill of her cheekbone. It caressed her chin line and dripped to her jean shorts, a dark blue stain hardly the size of her pinky nail seeping into the fabric. Everything she had strained not to cry about in front of Tyrese had suddenly begun to overflow. "What am I supposed to do-" She began, her voice wavering with each vowel. The question hadn't intentionally been direct towards anyone in particular, but it had been one pressing her for more than she'd care to admit. In a stranger's eyes, maybe the answer was simple-- Dump him and move on like she had been doing. Still, that same hangnail remained. Too painful to pluck off and too connected to thoroughly consider it with such a quick notion.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Victoria only offered a nod to Hakem as she turned her attention back to Bree, her eyes carefully guiding over exactly how full the brunette's glass had been at first. It practically rounded the rim and now- It was only just short of being at the halfway mark. Carefully she perched herself completely on the arm of the chair Hakem had placed himself in, pulling one leg beneath her thigh to balance herself acutely. Her toes spread against the wood floor; a steady assist in case she would lose her balance beside him. How had she been? The smell wafting from her being alone was enough to alert the ginger that there had been some sort of mess in her life - but none that she could possibly imagine in her own standards. The sheer look of her best friend, in her eyes, was... Unkempt. The shadows plaguing beneath her eyes, the thin frame of her current body, the constant bounce as if anxiety itself played along her skin-- It was obvious she couldn't have possibly been having the best last few weeks alone. She cleared her throat and pushed the straw away from the rim of the glass, guiding the practically neon drink towards her lips. The ice shifted against her tongue, carefully avoiding slipping in. However, upon Bree's next words, her lips froze into a thin line, sealing tight until no liquid could pass through. Him? Him?

Uncomfortably she crossed one arm over beneath her chest, wrapping her fingertips to lightly pull along her plaid over shirt. "Finn?" She had almost choked on her drink. There wasn't much she could say other than that. What could she say? She had no idea what her best friend had wanted out of the relationship overall. Was she holding out for Finn? The keen looks towards Tyrese at the time would have told her otherwise, but had it all changed since then? She swallowed and lowered her drink towards her thigh, careful not to place the cold glass against her jeans. As she mulled over her words, silence overtook the room. Should she have consoled her at this point? Told her that things would work out between her and Finn? Did Bree want things to work out between herself and her husband? She couldn't imagine... The bitter sting pricked the tip of her tongue. Familiar. She remembered the involuntary dislike for Hakem's... Former soul mate. Her lips thinned again as she fish-eyed Hakem in her peripheral. What could she do...? For once she was left speechless. Sure, she knew what she would have done at that point, but Bree was much more... Well, compassionate than she was. Slowly she extended her drink to Hakem in hopes he'd read the cue for him to take it from her.

As she felt the glass lift from her hand, she unfolded herself from the arm of the chair and timidly made her way to Bree, sinking down on to the couch beside her. The firm cushions hardly gave way to their combined weight. The new piece of furniture still hardly saw any use without assisted company. A vague smell of tears was fresh to her nostrils. The last thing she wanted to do was make the brunette feel as if her friend(s) were scolding her. Of course there had been no absolute reassurance that Finn would return. There had been no answers for her itching questions of where he was, where he had been, why he hadn't answered, but nevertheless, the idea of him returning couldn't have possibly been completely ruled out. Victoria slowly shifted an arm around the woman's petite frame, rubbing her hand along her bicep as Bree all but collapsed into her with a sob. She sighed softly, nosing what curls she could out of her way. "Well if he felt that way he should have said something before spending the time looking for you in the entire city. Even if he had to get a new phone, he could have called. Or texted. Or virtually anything." Her tone was stern, frustrated, and dominant.

"The real star lover!"
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plaid Porter I I Feeling: Sexually Satisfied; Inwardly Ecstatic. I I Funds: $1,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:54 am
User Image
User Image

✦➖☆➖★➖✧➖✦➖☆➖ ★➖✧➖✦➖☆

”Ad Astra per Aspera”

Hakem hated to do it, he hadn't intended to guzzle his drink at the rate the ladies currently were. Given the mood it wasn't as if he should have considered anything less, yet and still, he give his glass a prolonged study over, rocking the ice against the stout base of the caffeinated drink. If he finished his food he'd have something to absorb it at least, shaking his head to himself as he swapped his grip for the cartons. The scholarly teacher could perhaps be a bit narrow-minded when he really considered his tendencies, nodding at his colleague once Victoria said the name Bree treated as profane. Finn had never been anyone he'd felt the need to extend an olive branch to, seeing as he kept a level of aloof professionalism between himself and others. Bree had the sort of personality where she was very delightful and easy to feel drawn to, so long as the terms remained friendly; her partner, never one of his students, seemed like an extension of her he was blind to. Hakem's only interaction with the ex-pro athlete had been to shake his hand on his and the brunette's wedding day. He treated his own kin in much the same way, finding that as he watched Bree squirm with none the consciousness of it, he had no idea as to whether Tyrese was still around- whether he'd been taking care of her in this state. She was, put simply, pent up and it began to foster the slightest concern in the eldest present wolf. He hadn't spoken to Tyrese since February, he was clueless in the matter of their relationship, especially concerning the state of things they'd chatted about at the time.

No, he had seen the posts on Charmblr and could see his nephew had at least preserved his feelings for the female, though Hakem's judgement stood against such. They were friends, she and Tyrese...distantly so or not- Either way Finn had returned, Bree was bearing it alone, and....His head cocked almost unknowingly, Victoria held slightly enough in his vision that he should be able to detect from her anything he was missing otherwise. Finn was back and this was not his first mistake. The trust was gone, Bree was cornered. What didn't Hakem know- Perhaps he was getting ahead of himself, in fact he knew he was as he slowly released his exhale. Victoria had never warmed up to Finn for whatever reason, so he knew there was something rocky in the past concerning him. It had been that way since the start, and if Hakem remembered, things had been tense with Bree and Finn over thanksgiving before he was gone altogether soon after. Tyrese said himself when they last talked that Finn had left with no check ins since, back when he asked if being with Bree was the wrong thing for him and her.

"Tyrese, why would I say it's acceptable to keep living with Aubrey if she's married? Regardless of where Finn is..."

Hakem had gotten with Victoria knowing she had lines to cross that there was no coming back from. Although his own lines in this specific situation weren't quite as set in stone, he knew if he did anything to put himself in that position with her, he would have been looking to cross those lines in the first place. He knew what Bree was building up to and fought with himself to conclude why giving this second chance wasn't inherent, what Finn had done to cross the un-crossable line. Was this not his first time pulling something like this? Hakem took the red head's drink without batting an eye, his free hand shifting everything else onto the table. Her look had been strange to him but it wasn't important now. It would bug him later but for now he shifted to the end of his seat, his brows lightly furrowed. It wasn't at all fair to Aubrey regardless of whether Hakem thought she should hold out on her marriage. It was an unnecessary thing to have put one's spouse through and he had no respect for it. Maybe Bree did know Finn would return, but, "Even being your husband didn't give him the right to put you and your marriage on the backburner." The astronomer agreed with his significant other, crossing his hands at the wrist to keep her drink upright.

He went for the box of Kleenex they kept on the bookshelf, setting it on the table near his mate before returning to his seat with his back straightened. What was she supposed to do? He supposed make him work for it, keep him at arms length, go to counseling. "Do you still want to be with him?" He ventured, having waited a silence for Victoria to get a word in first- if there was something she knew to say. He would speak further, but gently, not with the intention to sound bossy or pushy, or as if she had the obligation. " Is he...trying to make up for anything at all?" Other than to apologize, which he should have been doing continually already. They did vow for better or worse, was all Hakem could think.

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy

Z

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 am
whiters4

User Image

⊙〖OOC: -- Today's Outfit: Basic 90's TuckFeeling: Extremely Sexually Pent Up; Frantic; Emotional. Money: $1,780.50〗⊙

Bree's hand barely made for the tissue box, her tear stained eyes flicking at the sound of Hakem's voice now reverberating off her opposite side. Remorse. What had she done wrong? Where had it begun that things would end up like this? Months of pondering and even still she could hardly find the answer. Taking him back. She wanted to believe spitefully. Getting pregnant... Her heart gave an aching squeeze. Her fingertips shakily attempted to balance the tissue between the cup and any free space available, incidentally soaking and sticking the item to the side of her glass. In turn, this only made her cry harder - her chest heaving with a pained cry. But regardless she mashed the now torn and partially wet Kleenex against her eye, the slightest bit of mascara smearing off and beneath her eyes for a raccoon-styled appearance. A black sludge to mimic the internal stew boiling over into insanity. Didn't it? Repeatedly she had supported him through and through on his emotions and decisions. Did she not have the right to reserve hers for wanting him to stay through their first pregnancy? Had it been that much of an inconvenience for him to not know his biological parents when he hadn't already for the first 21 years of his life with absolutely no sign of change? She choked, forcibly coughing against the same shaking hand curled around the tissue and now rattling ice cubes. Her movements were frantic as she struggled to swallow enough air to breathe the next words and threw her face back and forth negatively. Victoria's hand was minor support against the brunette's almost frazzled curls.

A loud smack of her rosy lips as she wrapped a pale arm around one of Tori's. Desperation for dependence and solace - a squeeze of comfort she wanted to keep for herself as long as she could. "It's all just-" She swallowed and sniffed, jamming the same soggy against the crevice of her nose line. Her lips formed a thin line until the corners began to quiver with whispers of syllables. "T-Texts! Just texts asking me to t-talk to him and-" The toe of her shoe rapidly began to tap against the floor, echoing gently in the silences between. She gasped what she could manage only to quickly exhale it. "I don't want to talk to him, Tor! I don't want to anymore. I can't- I can't-" She clasped her free hand against her shirt, giving a hard tug against the collar as if the motion alone would grant her freedom from the distressed panting. Hurriedly Hakem's words mashed and fused into the same thought process track. What else could she have possibly said to stop him from walking out of the house that day? Hours upon hours she had begged him not to leave - had jumped at every opening until she grew bitter and frustrated and even still he had chosen to leave her behind. Regardless of her feelings, he had chosen to leave. Regardless of their circumstances, he had chosen to leave. Regardless of his clear lack of presence that had become so notable to even be mentioned by his "best friend" at the time and still- He had chosen. To leave. In what other possible alternative timeline would he had considered to stay along her side?? The memory loss story only came after the initial pain and feeling of loss of her husband's interest in their relationship... She stared now blankly at the coffee table, unconsciously following each marbled lining of wood as months of separation, resentment, and worry welled into a single question. Did she want to stay with Finn?

"I'm so tired of this..."

The same suffocation clawed against her throat. Slowly she dipped her head down and swayed back and forth in a rhythmic metronome motion. Her weak shoulders slumped further until her elbows pressed harshly against her knees, her palms tensed hard enough to make her fingers begin to burn and ache beside her cheeks. "I don't want to go home..." The last few words were a whined whisper between soft, parted vermilions. The jagged inner edge of the straw protruded against her lips as she once again attempted to drag the all but fallen apart wipe beneath her lower lashes. <********> She choked, taking rather long inhales of her drink. Only seconds later the straw echoed empty wheezes above plastic and ice. Her cheeks practically flushed in the very moment as she regained voicing her thoughts aloud; her tone panicky and louder. Down the equivalent of 3 and a half, possibly 4, martinis, the petite brunette habitually ran her tongue over the roof of her mouth, ignoring the temporary sting on the inside of her lip from the protrusion of the straw. It would all be hardly noticeable soon. "Tyrese..." She whimpered. She longed for his embrace. Longed to feel his lips perched against her neck and hotly whispering new, sweet lovings along her earlobe until the goosebumps shuddering along her arms alone were too much to handle. She had caught the ends of yearning glances, studied the gentle yet struggled refusals. Flickered her fingertips through the edges of his blue hair when she was positive he was deep asleep. Like a child she turned and curled against Victoria with continuous sobs.

"Why did he have to leave?!" She cried against the plaid fabric. "We were supposed to have a baby by now! We were supposed to come here and find happiness - what did I do wrong?!" She tucked her frail arms between herself and her ginger friend, burying her face against whatever she could to muffle the frustrated, breathless cries. "Why, couldn't, I make him, stay!!" Victoria's words landed on practically deaf ears, Bree too overwhelmed by the toxic concoction of suppressed emotions drilling out what orifices it could find. "I know- I know, but why- Why?! Why couldn't he have- Why couldn't he have just stayed gone this time?" Her emotional spectrum swiveled on a dime, the tears still pouring down the length of her glimmering, salt ridden cheeks as she began to grasp the more bitter aspect of the final outcome. Although, it was short lived. "We were supposed to be soul mates..." She muttered against Victoria's collar, her eyes boring into her blurry pale skin and fixating as well as she could upon a faint brown beauty mark. "We were supposed to be there for each other... Now he's left twice and what does he expect me to do?" A loud, unanticipated sniffle ruffled the momentary gasping inhales and void. "All I can think about is being with Tyrese. All I want to do all the time is be with Tyrese- And-" Fresh tears practically overwhelmed her now slightly puffed and pink eyelids, her head beginning to shift upward with a pleading expression. "Tori? Am I not attractive anymore, Tori?" Her friend's figure wobbled in the slightest as she stared up at her, eyes squinting and her brows furrowed in fearful worry.

Victoria's features seemed to soften with each nuzzle and quivering inhale she felt from the brunette. Oh Bree... Of course this is what she had been concerned, and somewhat irritated, about. For almost the entire time she had known Aubrey had been made well aware of her tendencies to "bottle" things up. She had gotten better about it once she found a comfortable place to be in at Koizora but, even then there were times she would refuse to speak out to those she felt were either "tired" of her venting or didn't need the "extra stress" on their shoulders to maintain her happiness. She had refused to come to her best friend- And more than likely afraid to mention more than an occasional grimaced remark about Finn to her soon-to-be nephew. She thinned her lips, her teal gaze watching Hakem idly as he made for the tissue box not far from them. She began to reach for a white square, instead being forced to shift to her left as Aubrey did instead, her fingers flicking several times at each failed attempt to grab one until she had managed. Even so, the item was ruined less than a second later and a harsh cry rang through the red head's ears. Instinctually she pulled them back, hoping it would muffle the louder sounds somewhat. She ran both hands along her arms and tilted her head to watch her as she spoke.

Texts? Texts? Was that all he was offering at this point? Text conversations? Surely Aubrey would have asked for space as soon as he arrived back, wherever she managed to catch an eye full of him, but even so, texts? A fiery-like emotion illuminated her already vibrant irises. He couldn't be serious. Not flowers? Nor gifts? He was a musical man, would he not be at her doorstep each night persuading her to come to the door with a serenade? Often times she had heard of him awakening her the morning after simply because he could with a soft song and an acoustic cord, but to know that he was making no attempt other than texting her every few days or possibly even once a week was... Astounding to say the least. Victoria's jaw tightened, flexing her facial features into a stern expression. She would be right behind Hakem's questions, curious to know the answer. Did she want to stay with him? The memory of his first leave, the reasoning behind the reluctance of befriending him, began to drip back in. It hadn't been unlike this instance. The same sobbing Aubrey on the edge of her bed, shoving her tears aside with her bare hands and questioning where her soul mate had disappeared off to. Worried he had been kidnapped, worried she had been the issue, worried she had lost him forever, worried he was dead. And yet even still when he returned she accepted him with open arms. Had brushed off months work of pain to be with him again and to work through his apologies as if he had gone on nothing more than an afternoon stroll with an old girlfriend.

She resented what that school had done to some of her students. Had built their dreams for love at such a young age only for them to be strewn and torn apart when that permanent partner was swiftly ripped apart from them simply because of adolescent thinking. Or perhaps it was the bitter jealousy of never finding her own, even if she had found her own personal idea of a soul mate through it. She held her hands loosely against Bree's biceps, holding her steady in case she were to fall completely forward at the dip of her head. "I know." It was better to let her get it all out now than attempt to constantly interrupt the cries and distraught talking with her own advice and questions. Clearly she had been aching for anyone to listen to more than a standard 'I hate him for leaving' accompanied by a swift shake of curls before she moved on to the next subject. All was quiet for a moment and she took the time to steal a glance at Hakem, a slight worried tuck pulling her eyebrows inward. They could only say so much in this situation without taking advantage and controlling the outcome completely. Of course, in Tori's eyes, it had been unacceptable suffice for the few exceptions. Though she personally couldn't constitute this as one of them for herself. She had never been a fan of Finn, but if it weren't for the first offense, maybe she would have thought differently. He had made his impression. And unfortunately, she was stuck with it. But other than this recent year, he seemed to have made her happy in that small-ish time of them being together again. And if she were to bring her baby back... Would he still stay this time around? She wouldn't think so. Both times it had been his decision alone to leave.

"It's not like you didn't try." Tori wrapped her arms tighter around her best friend, ignoring the tears beginning to plaster themselves across her chest and neckline. The mixture of her scent only made her squint some. Why couldn't he, she thought to herself bitterly. Knowing he was gone permanently would have left a sense of saddened resent and regret, but it would have stopped the oncoming wave of drama she was forced to endure again. She fixated a stare on Hakem's eyeline, ensuring a fuzzy connection between the two wolves as he had tried to teach her. Like static, only half words managed to pass through, leaving her frustrated and her breath held. ......***e...shou...***n't****... ive.... ***ome***....all..... *****rese** ..oon. Her attention snapped and she unfocused with an exhausted glance back at Bree once she realized the focus of her words. "Hm?" A pair of glittering, semi swollen, amethyst orbs begged her observations. "Attra- What? Bree, of course you are." She started, speaking quickly. Where in the world had that come from out of all of this? The abandonment of Finn? Had that made her question whether or not she was pretty? Or was she partially asking over her personality and morals? "Why in the world are you asking that?"

"The real star lover!"
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plaid Porter I I Feeling: Sexually Satisfied; Irritated; Inwardly Upset. I I Funds: $1,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:53 am
User Image
User Image

✦➖☆➖★➖✧➖✦➖☆➖ ★➖✧➖✦➖☆

”Ad Astra per Aspera”

There wasn’t much more the elder wolf would be saying from here on, nothing besides an exhaled, ”Unbelievable.” in remark to the text messages with which the honied brunette had the impudence to substitute face-to-face conversation after nearly a year of nothing. Was his wife not good enough for more effort than that? Hakem downed his drink, using his tongue to deflect ice cubes before tapping the glass onto a coaster. Victoria’s went on the table as well, at this rate he didn’t see her finishing it unless it was to shoot it down too. Given the heavy tears coming on, it was no surprise he had done it; he was not one for emotions, for comforting and cradling others. After so many years of needing to suppress to survive, eventually those sort of avenues got walled off if not outright amputated, metaphorically. Fortunately, Bree was clinging to Victoria, whom he was sure was handling it about as well as was possible. Mutually, they had both decided this wasn’t so much a conversation or a rant as a divulgence and a venting. His eyes bobbed as he watched the brunette pinch at the tissues and miss, one hand brushing through his hair as he silently disappeared to refresh his drink and throw away his empty food cartons.

Out with him was auburn-tinted, room temperature scotch- both the bottle and his refilled glass. His mood was basically ‘screw it’ as he offered to tip a portion into Aubrey’s glass, though if not, he’d be standing at the window, looking out at the rain as he leaned against the back of the couch with crossed arms. There were no faults in her side of the story as far as Hakem was aware, which wasn’t much, but enough knowing at her age she had dealt with this twice. In their high school years many men weren’t ready for serious relationships, maybe most teenagers in general weren’t. Chitara hadn’t been and that had ended their relationship before her death. It was something he certainly had the most conservative view on, his only regret being that he’d fallen for it himself. With how little life experience they had, or would have for the next extra decade and then some (no matter how much of know-it-alls they thought themselves,) he had never thought many of the young faces he’d seen at Lehakoe ready for that responsibility, even his nephew. Only because he knew Bree did he think she’d make it work with a soul mate, after all, she had moved across the world for her husband’s sake. He seemed ingrateful now.

Hakem turned at the younger wolf’s name, concerned that he had too much to do with the decision, and that was said even with the tides of his mind turning ever more against Finn. Why he was so unsure of the taller lupine had everything to do with the choices he saw him making of his own accord. His heart was in the right place, but the boy could be reckless. Hakem felt he didn’t always think and it worried him to see what his condition could do to Aubrey. He would perhaps back off if he was making her happy, not to say he wouldn’t keep a keen eye out and ask the family how things were with him when he checked in. One day their estranged distrusts towards one another might pass. For now he pressed his thumb into the corner of his lip, pushing the plush flesh to one side as he studied warily at the ocean lover. Poor thing. ”It isn’t you. If he couldn’t work on things, it was him.” If possibly something had transpired between them that might’ve given him levity for leaving, if he hadn’t spoken of it or turned to her in it, how would she have fixed anything? He had given everything up, hadn’t he? He was using texts to claim he loved her and was sorry. And frankly? That wasn’t nearly good enough.

Why hadn’t he stayed gone? Aubrey thought it too? So were they all? Her mindset was somewhat split as it made sense to be, but as he shifted his line of sight to Victoria to get her take, he squinted and blinked. Her attempt at communicating through their pack link was almost painful, a little disorienting from being unwarned. Even as he concentrated on picking up on her mental transmission, it was choppy and broken apart. He had several guesses that broke apart and reformed as to what she was saying, but in the end he wasn’t solid on what she’d meant. He was steady blinking away the slight buzzed sensation it left in his head when he heard the red head’s bewilderment, clearing his throat quietly as he focused on Aubrey. Was she asking on account of Finn? Had something suggested he left her in concerns of her appearance? That’d be stupidly absurd. Hakem shifted uncomfortably, not much up to participating in the subject of female beauty and male attraction. Not as being the only male, not if it’d lead in the direction of talking about her sex life with Finn, if their distance had began in such areas. Nor did he want to get roped into assuring the female she was attractive that way, and luckily, they hadn’t turned to him and hopefully would not.

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy

Z

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:58 pm
User Image

⊙〖OOC: -- Today's Outfit: Basic 90's TuckFeeling: Extremely Sexually Pent Up; Frantic; Emotional. Money: $1,780.50〗⊙

"I can be pretty, can't I-?" She began again, hardly allowing time for Victoria's question to completely sink in. "No one- No one has curls like mine- Or ey-eyes..." She drew out, with a slight hiccup to her voice. Though at times she personally felt her self image could be lacking, to the point of feeling absolutely unattractive, she thought herself cuter than most at the very least. She hiccuped again, a soft moan-like coo exhaling from her parted lips as she mashed the tissue against her gleaming cheeks. It hardly cleaned much of the salty mess, small black streaks now dragging from the bottom of her eyes; faint, but clear against her ivory skin. She was the different one from the rest. She had the brown, curly hair. The wide, purple eyes. The long, dark lashes. The plush rosy lips. The thin slumped shoulders. The- The- "But Tyrese, he- He-" Her bottom lip began to suckle back in, a fresh wave of tears overwhelming the brunette's eyes before they began to overflow and once again, she was right back into bawling hysterically; each largely exhaled breath accompanied with a hitched, noisy inhale. "He won't sleep with me! She practically slammed her forehead into Victoria's collarbone, choking out another several sobbed cries before she rolled her face onto her cheek.

"Maybe I've lost it all- Maybe I'm just not as pretty as I thought- Maybe that's why Finn left me after I begged him to stay!!"

(w.i.p.)

The situation aside, it had taken Tori everything she had not to give the faintest of smiles at the brunette's troubled response to her questioning. The alcohol was beginning to rear its head and take over any unoccupied space in Bree's mind. Her cheeks were a rosy flush, her partially opened eyes dragging from one object to the next until she unfocused again and slipped into the next statement crossing her output. Tyrese. This was the other half of her turmoil. She couldn't imagine what Aubrey was forcing herself to do at this point - choose between the two, she supposed? One that had up and left twice - but one that the world and destiny itself had told her was the "perfect match" for the rest of her life. And the other... Well this was Tyrese she was talking about, wasn't it? She hadn't known Tyrese much other than the occasional story Hakem would tell her in bed if she were to ask specifically of his family. But even then, most nights for the past several years, the question was avoided at all costs. She had seen him as temperamental, perhaps a little reckless, but stoic in other times. She swallowed slowly, her arms wrapped tight around her friend, and her hips rocking them both back and forth slowly on the cushions. But the idea she wanted to sleep with him so badly... She caught herself. She couldn't say she was too surprised by the idea.

Not that she had known about it at the time - but the idea of having intercourse for Aubrey was the equivalent to that of a wolf marking. The passionate, affectionate touches that linked two people together for more than just a quick "act". It was, how she described it, "giving everything" that was herself to the other person. It was the difference between "making love" and "a quick f*ck" in literature for her. She wanted to give Tyrese every last bit of her at this point, and the red head was uneasy on how to approach her answer. She stifled yet another, harder laugh at the sudden avoided gaze of Hakem, dismissing the quiver in her shoulders when Bree glanced quickly up at her and back down. This was why Bree had taken it so hard each time she had sex with someone that she felt no emotional attachment to. It had been hard to get over the few months of the very rare boy that she let herself in the bedroom of only to walk out the next day and not see nor talk to them for weeks; versus herself who had been more reserved about it. But then again, her sex drive wasn't nearly as high. Not in the slightest. A comparison between Bree and herself would be somewhere between a rabbit and a dog. Fitting.

But their relationship was odd to say the least. It wasn't the fact that they had befriended each other in the first place, but more so the circumstances that allowed them to entertain the idea when it had come. There was never a time before this that Aubrey seemed intent on bringing Tyrese closer to herself. Though it wasn't as if she tried much before. Back then, there was never an offer to attend wherever him and Finn were going, or when he'd be back. And that was before she had even met Tori. Now, they were practically conjoined at the hip in terms of being together. She had been there for him in his most crucial moments - and when her husband abandoned her, he had taken no time to fill in the space. "Bree, you're-" But already she was on to the next part. She felt the sudden lurch beside her as the distraught woman turned to face the both of them at once - particularly her eyes set on Hakem. Quickly, Victoria placed both of her hands on Aubrey's shoulders, turning her abruptly. Of course, how they progressed would be their own adult decisions. She didn't doubt Bree had thought carefully on the outcome. But with Finn out of the way, what was to stop them now? Had she... Moved him out of the way? Was she avoiding the situation completely? Or simply waiting for the right time to...

Her teal eyes snapped to the same amethyst irises as before; drowned with tears and surrounded by puffed, irritated skin. "Aubrey, honey, I'm sure he wants nothing more in the world. It's just-" She exhaled as she quickly attempted for the right wording. At the same time, she felt the uncomfortable vibes practically radiating off of her fiance. There was nothing she could say that he would possbily agree with without some severe reservation. "Come on, let's go." She stood slowly, ensuring her friend an item to lean on as she shakily clawed against her plaid button-up. The collar was soaked almost to the bone with tears, plastering itself against her pale neck. She waited for Hakem to generously fill her plastic cup atop the melted ice cubes and wrapped her arm around her small torso again, guiding her to the bottom of the stairway. She thinned her lips, heaving the frail past-maternal girl up the stairs with a firm arm behind her back; the half drank Screwdriver tight in her hand as she wrapped her pinky and ring finger as tight as she could along the banister. Her ring was tight against her knuckle and glittered against the afternoon sun shimmering through the windows. The straight ends of her fiery hair bobbed along the complimenting plaid. "I know, I know." Her chin swiveled over her shoulder to Hakem again, directing her eyes the best she could. Short, immediate sentences would help her best in this scenario -- she couldn't think much past the overwhelming senses.

Tyrese. She unfocused and took two steps more. Think about. He was almost out of view at this point as she struggled the last two words, clipping the connection in between. Calling him. Slowly she heaved the few steps more before nothing remained downstairs aside their fleeting footsteps and Aubrey's newly wailing vocals.

"The real star lover!"
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plaid Porter I I Feeling: Sexually Satisfied; Irritated; Inwardly Upset. I I Funds: $1,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:59 pm
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, sєρтємвєя ②⑧тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③⑤⑤
( ⑪ мσитнs, ②① םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:13 am
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plus Underwear I I Feeling: Nauseous. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

With barely any time to understand the physical feeling lodged in her throat, she bolted from beneath the covers, making a bee line for the bathroom and quickly closing the door. How many times would she be here? She dropped down in front of the toilet bowl, grasping each side of the seat and curving her thumbs over the sharp edge. Vomit splashed against the sides of the white porcelain bowl. Another retching sound. How long would this stomach virus last? She dropped her red glasses beside her bare calf with a clattering echo. She feared waking Hakem somewhat or that the noise would drag him upstairs if he was already up getting coffee. She hadn’t noticed past whirling out of bed; but if he was asleep, he certainly wouldn't be anymore. She sighed. He wouldn’t rest if he knew she was still having nausea a week or two after it started. It hadn’t been… Awful, per say. But it hadn’t been the best time of her life either. It was persistent. And she was growing tired of it. Running her hand along the side of her mouth, she slowly reached up and pushed the latch. Whatever she had managed to swallow the night before and that morning was whisked away under her teal gaze - of which she quickly ripped away, grabbed her glasses, and made her way for the sink. Still, she felt queasy. She couldn’t recall being this sick since she was little. Had it even lasted this long?

Pulling the faucet, she splashed water near her mouth, cupping every so often to attempt to wash the taste from her mouth. The past few weeks had been a drag. Her wolf form had been semi-dormant since July; as if it were waiting, relaxed and knowing something that she didn't. The vinyl floor felt colder than usual. Or maybe her feet were hot. Her elbows collapsed against the top of the counter as she stared at her face in the mirror, pressing her fingers into her cheeks. "What is wrong with me?" She muttered, rubbing her temples. She couldn't keep this up much longer. Maybe a bath? It was unlike her, but understandable. She reached for another ponytail holder off the counter and pulled back at her fiery strands.

Whiters4

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 am
User Image
User Image

✦➖☆➖★➖✧➖✦➖☆➖ ★➖✧➖✦➖☆

”Ad Astra per Aspera”
I'm wondering "Home" tab || I'm with "Tor"
I'm wearing Narvy tab ||Status

Hakem was shaken from mere hours of sleep not moments before Victoria sprang harshly from bed and scrambled for the inner sanctum of the bathroom, his mauve orbs peering from beneath his pillow in time to see the door swing shut behind her. Rolling onto his back and sitting up on his elbows, the once teacher toggled his head back and groaned. How could this be? Just midway into this week he'd caved and replaced every ounce of food they kept in the house, then, although nothing they ate made him at all sick next to herself, called off eating out until she felt better. Her digestive system was likely so different from his own, but It was befuddling to the extent he himself was displaced by the symptoms. Was this perhaps taking days more to clear her system? Yet after two weeks...And from the start something had been subtly different, like a nag that never dispersed. In the form of an uncharacteristic protectiveness, it bothered the purebred just to see her make for the front door solo; an instinct that drove with no explanation. Being lupine meant he'd subconsciously follow any underlying set of feelings and urges he was dealt, like any animal would. Even going to his own job was now something he fought himself to do.

Gurgling gently, Hakem weaved himself through the sheets and to her side of the bed, shuffling through the clutter of anti-nausea solutions he'd bought in mass, searching for anything they had yet to try. Would she take chamomile tea? He'd been recommend the remedy to reduce how often she was physically ill. Maybe they would need to chance a walk in to the doctor's office? Turning his ear to the door as the toilet flushed, the lupine only contemplated a short while while waiting for the red head to peek out again. Work hadn't let him go until six today and he was tired, but up was she, and so he, slipping into boxers and a shirt to shuffle downstairs in. His Keurig would do for brewing the hot water quickly while he meanwhile sliced lemon and plated sugar cubes. Would fruit stay down as well? Something salty and dry? Reaching for a peach and sourdough flatbread crackers, sharp hearing could pick up on the running of bath water. It was difficult to witness and know she felt so unwell. Pinching the bridge of his nose, Hakem set everything on a tray loaded with several tea bags and a ceramic cup of steaming water. Up the stairs again, he'd knock on the door with the back of his fist. "Would tea and crackers perhaps hold today, Mon amour?"

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy

Z

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:40 am
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plus Underwear I I Feeling: Nauseous; Frustrated. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

"Come in." No, he was awake. Though she had missed the first few moments of his rustling from bed, she most definitely heard him gently padding back up the stairs not long before she turned the bath faucet on. There was never a time in her life aside from her mother's death that she felt so... So... She pressed her fingers tight against her temples until it elicited a small headache. Helpless. Her dark brows furrowed above her worried gaze, snapping her shut as soon as it met the mirror. She didn't like this- Not knowing that whatever this was. This thing that had lingered far past its welcome stage. She ran a hand over the top of her head, smoothing her bangs back until she reached the tip of her ponytail, letting them bound back forward over her forehead. She hardly twitched at his knock, only resting her cheek on her shoulder as she continued to idly touch up her hair. Anything to distract her from the misery of these past few days. Fast movement was just about off the table, sleeping a full night was off the table, eating a full meal might as well have been off the table- "I don't know." She practically whined, nestled on the edge of the tub against the cool porcelain tile. The top of her head rested against the olive green towels hanging over the bar nearby.

She had already turned the drain plug, occasionally peeking over her shoulder to watch the water fill the large basin. Maybe she could coax him in? She eyed the platter with a scrunch of her nose, cautious of whatever that steaming liquid was; her senses still thrown off from the previous vomit. Still, the bread alone looked like a small slice of heaven from misery. The gushing water was loud behind her and left the tub humming gently against her bottom. She closed her eyes. "Hakem..." She began, fighting to bring the words to her lips. She didn't to consider a doctor. She didn't want to think there was a chance of, well, anything that needed anything more than to just be waited out. Very, very few times did she even want to take medication. At least, until she found it better to comfort Hakem. But being around medication for her mom, it was... Unsettling to say the least. She dragged her fingers over the smooth porcelain. It was rare to see her at such a loss for words; or disagreement in her own confidence. He was sure this had nothing to do with turning her? No, it had been close to 8 months already. "Maybe..." She wanted to ease into the conversation at least a little. "Could you get in with me?" Her bright teal eyes pouted at him over her spectacles. She was practically puppy-like as she reached for a flowery liquid to drizzle over the water.

"Please? Mon.. Cheri?" Squeezing an eye shut she considered over the most likely butchered phrasing. But fortunately, it was enough to earn a grimace, and, a slip of his boxers as he made for the water. And in any other reality, she would have asked for him then and there. Instead, she focused on unfastening her own buttons, pealing each one open and sliding the plaid button up over her shoulders and onto the floor - her underwear quick to follow. She slid a long slender leg into the water. It was lukewarm at best but still a long ripple of goosebumps trailed her forearms. She took his offered hand and eased her second leg in, coiling down into the soapy water and watching for him to follow. Once he did, she only sat back against him, resting the back of her head against his shoulder with another prolonged sigh. "I... Didn't want to say it, but..." She pressed a few wet fingers to the center of her glasses. The dread was almost enough to make her stop. "Maybe we do need to see a doctor..."

Whiters4

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:30 pm
User Image
User Image

✦➖☆➖★➖✧➖✦➖☆➖ ★➖✧➖✦➖☆

”Ad Astra per Aspera”
I'm wearing n/a tab ||Status

Hakem fluttered his fingers for the door knob, delicately clearing his throat as he pulled his elbows to his side enough to fit through the doorway with the tray. He would greet her, but her mornings hadn't been 'good' and obviously he could see how she was doing- not well. So, words failed him except to chew the inside of his lip momentarily as he looked her over. He resorted to what she could eat, furrowing his brows and cooing sympathetically as she whined back. "We could certainly try, at the least. I bought variety." And seeing her nose scrunch, he'd place the tray on the counter top of the sink, reaching for the box that did earn her steadying gaze. He popped the cardboard flap and unsealed the plastic, sliding out three bread sticks and pulling the saucer from under the tea cup for their use, along with a napkin. The wolf glanced her way when Victoria used his name, adding three slices of peach beside the crackers for good measure. He delivered the ceramic closer to the tub, roving a cautious gaze over the red head when she didn't follow up her opening statement. "What's on your mind."

A lot, he had no doubt, though what specifically in this moment was the question. She was uneasy, nervous, so he wasn't convinced the question she intended was about the bath at all. He hmphed meekly, but shortly. "MM..Its not- preferable." He rather disliked baths, where all one did was stew in their own dirt and other elements. They both knew how little he liked being in contact with any such things, including getting debris on his hands, though he wouldn't go as far as to call himself a germaphobe. But in light of her...attempt at a decent plea, Hakem thinned his lips and and tapped the side of his arm. "Very well." Her fiance had great fluidity in French, so to hear her stumble so did cause him to chuckle as he climbed out of what he'd been wearing for his trip out of bed. Well, anyway, he found it hard to refuse her lately given her current goings on. The ex teacher grabbed a spare towel and met the red head beside the tub just after she'd gotten one bare leg in, holding forth his hand to help her submerge entirely. Then, draping his towel in reach, he climbed in after her.

"Were you not planning to stay in long?" This water would be cold before much time had passed, as near to cool as it felt on his skin. Warmer was better, but he'd understand if the temperature would cause her nausea to worsen. A small sigh left his lips as he curved one arm around her diaphragm, the other one smoothing comfortingly the horizontal length along her stomach. Victoria sighed as well, her mate turning his head to stare out the window in disinterest of what took place on the streets below. He was relieved she had beat him to the point, particularly because it meant she agreed this was weirder and more stressful than they wanted to chance over her health. He was ever so aware she hated the entire notion, his cheek nuzzling the side of her fiery strands as he hummed. "I agree, though I had wished to see this clear up a lot sooner." When he'd looked into it on the internet, it was suggested they wait a month. That seemed too long, though, given the slight anxiety the sickness had caused the longer it lingered. Hakem did not want his lover to be sick, it was supposed to be near impossible with this new inhuman state she existed in. "Would you like me to call an appointment in or shall we try our luck going now?" He continued rubbing her stomach, curbing his own worry to focus on how she best thought to handle this and in the most comfort for herself.

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy
[/quote
Z

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Plus Underwear I I Feeling: Nauseous; Frustrated. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

Just as he rested his hand on her stomach, she leaned forward slightly, reaching back to fold over her ponytail and instead create a loose rolling bun near the top of her head. Normally, she would have folded it into a bow, but she felt exhausted just barely lifting her arms. She had hardly gotten sleep these past few weeks - and it only grew more persistent the more time carried on. Could she have contracted something because of her new transformation? It wasn't likely; Hakem would have mentioned something by now. Or at least, she thought he would. And besides, it had been almost 8 months since then. She sniffed for the ceramic, eyeing the food once more in cautious contemplation. With that she leaned back against him, resting her shoulder blade between his pectorals and her turning to place her cheek on his collarbone and resting her hands against his. It felt hot even with the cooler temp water. It was hardly the solace she had been hoping for. She shook her head slowly.

"Let's just try our luck. It's a Friday." There couldn't be too many people for sick check-ups and school hadn't even started quite yet - not that they would be placed in the pediatrician section. Tch. They were far from that, she thought bitterly. She was quiet for several moments more as she reached over and took a cracker between two fingers, lifting it to her lips to nibble on. "I'm tired of this-" She began but realized he had probably thought that on his own for the past several weeks. Instead her tongue came to rest on the back of her teeth, her eyebrows creasing and her hands nervously tapping in sporadic manner against his knuckles beneath the water. She could only imagine how many worrying WebMD searches he'd ended. More time passed before she finally began to raise herself from the tub, reaching for the adjacent towel beside the bowl and patting herself slowly. Did he think it could be bad? Her teal eyes unfocused from the world around her; sifting through the prior questions she'd asked herself over the past few weeks.

Whiters4

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:37 am
User Image
User Image

✦➖☆➖★➖✧➖✦➖☆➖ ★➖✧➖✦➖☆

”Ad Astra per Aspera”
I'm wearing honcholife tab ||Status

Hakem waited, feeling the tickle of hair as it was roped from the side of her shoulder up into the air, sending a wave of her scent to his nostrils. She did not smell entirely the same, though that was as far as he could trace that observation. Of course she smelled faintly ill, she had just been sick; but it was something else that had stuck around since maybe weeks ago now. It was strangely growing stronger, though -fortunately- it hadn't caused him to feel alarmed so much as puzzled. He wondered if it was something she picked up on herself, though the scent was easily overpowered by the crackers she passed tentatively to her lips. It wasn't like the usual hormone cycle he'd known a woman's scent to change in correlation with throughout the month and then again in the next. The same way her temperature seemed slightly different, but he was only starting a list of things that were probably obvious and expected when one's body was not being itself. He was only thinking himself in circles at this point, having not much else he'd put his educated mind to otherwise.

"As you have every right to be." Hakem agreed quietly, ignoring her abrupt cut off to nod affirmation just the same. And his mind began on the same round-about track again, going through a mental list of what diseases lupine shifters of their kind had found unavoidable within their accelerated healing. There was very few to his knowledge, especially since they lived outside of areas with animalistic exposure. Pressuring his temple with pair of fingers, the male relented, sitting up so he could follow the red head our of the porcelain basin. He pulled the plug with a small crinkle of his nose, letting her pat dry and wonder from the area before getting out himself. "Lets not delay, just the same." He yawned, drying off as well before heading into the bedroom for clothes. These were lazy, and it was uncharacteristic that he'd ever wear a button up without slacks- but, not much thought went into it as he rolled his sleeves and sat down to put on shoes. How many doctors would specialize in the supernatural? How many tests was that going to mean putting her through?

Hakem rubbed the back of his neck, nary forgetting his keys and cell phone as he went for the door ahead of the red head, pointing her towards their coast closest despite her wolfish immunity to the chill -or maybe in habit of the usual protections he'd overlap when she was human. Either way, he wanted the precaution taken before opening the door enough for Victoria to exit first, the second wolf following without much word.

[exit]

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy

Z

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:32 am
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Lazy. I I Feeling: Nauseous; Frustrated. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

Droplets dribbled along the back of her pale calves as she wound the plush olive fabric around her torso, gripping along her chest line and taking one step at a time over the basin’s edge. The bath mat was plush against the soles of her feet and she hung her head down, drifting over each individual red painted toe as the cool air embraced whatever wet flesh it could grasp. It was the sweet relief from a fever dream she had lived over the past few weeks. Dabbing against her collarbone she stole a glance at Hakem out of the corner of her eye. Would he worry? More than he possibly already had? Her brows pulled together out of his view, watching him walk out into the bedroom in front of her as she remained paused in thought. This wasn’t natural - none of this was, or felt, natural. Her gaze flitted to the mirror adjacent herself, her thought process unknowingly following close behind her fiance’s. Would they have a specific protocol for species like herself? She had been human each time she’d strutted into a doctor’s office - which wasn’t often at all; but now, she exhaled a restless sigh and made her way back into the bedroom, avoiding her passing reflection.

And as he dressed, she slid on the closest pair of sweatpants she could find, snapping a bra into place and covering that with a top she’d only worn for workouts. Whatever cooling weather that could touch her would be a blessing and if that meant leaving her torso exposed, she would be okay with that. It would make undressing in the doctor’s office, if she needed to, that much easier.

[Character Exit.]

whiters4

User Image

● Doux Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out