Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Doux Housing District
//1411// Victoria Porter & Hakem Takashi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:51 pm
User Image
User Image

Hakem's first remark upon stepping foot outside of the hospital was to repeat the ridiculousness in the idea of Victoria being pregnant, sighing as he dropped into the driver's seat and all but slammed his own door shut behind himself. "In the very least, I hope they call in a prescription for you; unless they expect you to tolerate your symptoms until your results are returned." He huffed, pausing midway to slow his breath and center himself. Waiting until Victoria was settled and buckled in, sparing her a side glance to judge whether her expression was doubtful or simply in shock, he started the car and pulled out of the mostly empty parking lot. "That was not the way I imagined this going...Though if we are clear of the worst possibilities, I can be grateful for that." Not to say a baby wasn't a 'worse possibility,' but it was not a deadly disease. Hakem shook his head, turning away from Doux to visit downtown, namely the grocery store. "I'll be right out." There wasn't room for whether she wanted to come in, though of course if she got out of the car, that would be that. He half-jogged into the store, and through the store, grabbing some meal ready salmon bake with such and such, before heading directly to checkout. He wasn't gone more than five minutes.

When he did slide back into the car, he passed a pregnancy test into her lap, neatly obscured by the black bag in which the clerk so politely wrapped it. Tossing the other item into the backseat, his mind only partially preoccupied with whether a clean dish like salmon would hold for Victoria. What were they going to do with the results? "I hope it’s not this." Saying it in a gentle way, nearly under his breath, felt more like a prayer. Going from what they thought was a death sentence, to the declaration of a new life. It felt as though he’d bitten directly into a lemon, peel and all. If it wasn’t, he hoped she hadn’t begun getting her hopes up since fifteen minutes ago. But if she were...Thinning his lips, it was back to the road as he drove them home. "Let’s try and get something in you before you start starving weight off. Mm— Maybe you’d rather rest." He would, if only the ‘excitement’ would wear off enough that he’d eventually be able to. The answer to that would depend on a little white stick. Trying to change the subject didn't keep his mind off it, trying to cook would not, trying to sleep definitely would not. Still, for a few minutes more, he didn’t have to talk about it, didn't have to think of it as truth, for a little whole longer. The wolf rubbed his hand down his face. They were home almost too quickly.

Hakem let Victoria in, grocery bag bouncing off his hip as he swung around to lock them in and pull open the curtains. "I’ll be off to make a decent cup of coffee, and cook this. If something’s burning, you wont need ask." The lupine didn’t know if he should wait at the bathroom door, assuming she had the anxiety to rush in there and take it. Maybe she didn’t have to urinate yet, maybe she’d rather just not right now, for the stress of wrapping her head around the idea. It was better that he put himself up to something, and hope his appetite didn’t have to be lost in the next however much time. Then again, perhaps she did want him with her; whether he read into er emotions or not, she was bound to be half passed terrified of the answer.. she was going to need him through all of this no matter the results. "Or would you rather I stay, Mon Amour?"

”Ad Astra per Aspera”
                                                      User Image
                                                      Status

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy
[/quote
Z

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: I'm doing it, ma- It's really happening- I I Wearing: Lazy. I I Feeling: Nauseous; Frustrated. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

[Character Enter.]

In any other situation the redhead would have pulled out a Pokemon emulator by now, mashing over where the B-button would be on a Gameboy Advance to catch another monster and complete her Pokedex for the hundredth time in her life. This time, however, she remained still; a shell of the fiery personality that once was. Aubrey had been so absolutely sure of this doctor and had experienced nothing but joy in her circumstances. Tori, however... She stared blankly into her lap as Hakem spoke, hardly comprehending the words coming from his lips. It wasn't possible, was it? Never in her life since she was a late teen had she thought there was even the slightest hint of her being pregnant; the entirety of the last decade - and a little more - had been sure of that. But... A small part of herself was... Excited for the thought? The part she tried to ignore. She pressed her tongue into the roof of her mouth and exhaled slowly as Hakem disappeared from the car. Her teal eyes fell instead to her bare stomach, just slightly visible beneath her vinyl seat belt strap. A child? She shifted uncomfortably. A live human being growing in her what she had thought to be 'inactive' uterus? It seemed like a joke.

She blinked. How long had he been gone within that time? She gingerly pulled at the top of the bag, glimpsing at the few words exposed to her. A heavy feeling swelled around her gut. He hoped it wasn't? But what if it was? Having a child was somewhat of a dream for her - one that she knew she wouldn't ever be able to accomplish. Or so she thought. She remembered that long night with Bree. Sobbing until she was barely comprehensible and guzzling down the next cup of wine the brunette poured until her thoughts buzzed and swirled. I just wanted one, Bree! I just wanted a little dirty munchkin that looked like me. That would be there for me when I got old and senile and maybe my husband would want that too. Though that was back before she had gotten so far with Hakem. She swallowed and brushed her fingertips absently over the black bag, fidgeting until the sound became tiring.

Finally her quiet voice rang out as she entered under the door frame. Every footstep felt heavy, her hands constantly pulling along the top of her zipper. It was like a fever dream. Unfocused but flooded all the same. "I'd like both..." She started for the stairs, leaving her fiance behind to do as he pleased as she began what felt like a long trudge up the stairs. "I'll be fine." It was a partial lie but at this point she wasn't entirely sure what to think. "I'm going to lie down." At least the nausea was settled. For now. And with another exhale she let go of the railing and made her way into their bedroom, out of sight and quiet as a mouse.

whiters4

User Image

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 am
User Image
User Image

Both. "Very well." If resting and eating were supposedly easier now, she may as well try. The canine exhaled through his nostrils, reaching below his elbow where his grocery bag hung to pull out the salmon and read the cooking instructions, his fiancée kept in the peripheral of his vision until she practically tip-toed off in silence. Would she be alright? Hakem hadn’t thought otherwise; shellshocked as she may be, she had never not desired children. He imagined- more than imagined, she would be ‘fine.’ He, on the other hand...Finally stepped into the kitchen, opening drawers for a pair of scissors to open his package with. Dumping everything into a glass pan, he set the oven to the right temperature and went looking for sides to pair with the dish as the oven preheated. He was only wasting time being in denial, and if it wasn’t this, it was or wasn’t this, he would not be releasing a sigh of relief either way. The wolf felt angry as the reality settled in and his lips moved over words he didn’t actually utter. ”Ad Astra per Aspera”
                                                      User Image
                                                      Status

OOC:

X

Y

Yummy Galaxxy
[/quote
Z

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: I'm doing it, ma- It's really happening- I I Wearing: Lazy. I I Feeling: Nauseous; Frustrated. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

The idea of a child with Hakem had never caused much of an argument between the two. A conversation that ended in a negative tone, sure, but never had it been something they fought over. She had long before knowing him learned to accept her infertility with grace- But today was bringing those same accepted, and somewhat suppressed, emotions to the surface. Every polished carve in the railing up the stairs was made noted of against the redhead's palm. Cool, inanimate, lifeless. She felt... Uncertain; something she wasn't fond of in any situation. On other days she carried herself with subconscious pride through every doorway. But today was met with bitterness and confusion. She heaved up against the top of the stairs and rounded the corner to their bedroom - a spot of comfort in an otherwise chaotic realm of experiences. Her gut felt heavy as she slipped her shoes off beside the threshold and slowly came to lay on the bed, legs hung over corner of the mattress.

The internal wolf was silent, calm, unusual from the normal rowdiness that thrusted against her skin like excited pricks frantically wanting to spike out. Her hands wound into her pulled up strands and rested her forearms over her face. It wasn't the idea of impossibility that unsettled her. It was knowing Hakem's full intention to avoid a child at almost any cost. It was knowing that he didn't want it to be possible, not that it couldn't be. Knowing that regardless of the love she gave out, regardless of who's eyes they had, or what color their hair would be - it would take a miracle for Hakem to even consider the idea of having a baby. She couldn't blame him for that. Not after everything he had been through far, far long before he had met her. Knowing that there was the inept possibility that if she carried with child, he would actively avoid her. Like a parasite rather than a fiance/wife. The wedding would be delayed, or worse, cancelled. The black package in her hand suddenly felt like a twenty pound weight.

A cool, unbeknownst held breath exhaled between her pink lips as she slowly sat up to stare down the object given to her in the car. The smell of salmon was beginning to gently waft up the stairs and the still early sun felt bright even with the helpful sheath of the curtains. One thing was certain: She didn't want to take this.

She could stay as calm and collected as she though she was, but when it came to the end, she didn't want to see the result. A part of her would be pining for another existence in her womb and most likely disappointed when she would see a negative result. Either way was a lose-lose. She pinched the bridge of her nose with her free hand. He would know when she took it - she was pretty positive of that. And even if he did respect her privacy, this wasn't something that was sheerly dependent on if she wanted to share. It was, and would be, his life too. With one last readjustment to her glasses she disappeared off into the bathroom, quietly locking the knob behind her and sinking against the cold, wooden door. It wasn't until she felt a piercing pain that she'd realize she was biting her lip all the while.

--

Her legs felt numb from sitting over the toilet bowl. And as she leaned over the sink to hold her hands under lukewarm water, her gaze stared down at the reflection of the test hanging over the side of the sink. How long had she been sitting there? Minutes surely, but it felt closer to hours. There had been an apparent thought bothering her throughout, even if it remained only slightly correlated to a baby: Would he be upset all over again that he had changed her? Would he blame himself for giving in to her supernatural desire to be closer to him? To not want to be a stranger within his world? It would take time to process. But even if she didn't want to know the answer she couldn't- stop- looking. Waiting for two lines to pop up any moment as if if she blinked they would appear. Finally, after what felt like a solid half hour, she tore her teal gaze away and shook her hands into the basin, reaching for a nearby towel to gingerly pat her skin dry.

There was no use staring. The pain would only take longer that way. Unlike Aubrey... Who celebrated in every way she could over the thought of being pregnant until everything came crashing down. She remembered the ecstatic phone call, what sounded like her best friend crying only to realize it was frantic laughter. She sighed. There wouldn't be anything like that here. She wouldn't come bolting down the stairs excitedly with it in hand, exclaiming on, 'We're pregnant!'. She was jealous - needless to say. Abandoning the device she swiftly unlocked the doorway and closed it behind her, making her way back to the bed and crawling beneath the covers. Perhaps if she slept hard enough... It would just go away on its own. Her glasses nestled into the pillow she laid her head on and sat asymmetrical on her face, waiting for Hakem to come up the stairs with food.

whiters4

User Image

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:13 pm
x
x
x