Submit

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:22 pm
Mo felt the tension slowly slipping out of the room as agreements were being made. True, the boys were likely less to be seen outside of the tree, but he was glad that Gulliver at least made some sort of notice of their efforts. Shining would be proud at least.

Then, the tension returned.

He saw Gulliver shift uneasily as he mentioned another candidate. Mo's ears shifted fully to Gulliver as he paused. Pure curiosity forcing him to lean slightly forward to hear just what name he'd offer. And then he seemed to freeze entirely.

That.... That was not the name he had expected to hear at such a meeting. Especially not in such a dark time.

His face - though mostly stoic in appearance - seemed to flip through a wide array of emotions. Anger. Fear. Worry. Rage. Sadness.

Twinkle was Gulliver's candidate for the new Pathfinder? Or for part of the night watch? But... But that was his baby girl! One of them, at least. But she was the one that demanded more care and attention. She was the fragile flower of the three. Moony and Wild Moon were both wonderfully grown adults. He was proud of the Faun they had become! And Twinkle... Well, she was much the same. She held her own. She'd grown into a wonderful Faun herself! But she had... she had special needs! She needed to stay with the tree more than anything! To put such a task on her as Pathfinder or Night Watch?

He fluffed faintly before looking to Rais. There was a moment of faint panic in his eyes, silently begging Rais to not consider such a thing on one of his own flesh and blood...

But then Mo frowned at himself. He remembered talking with Rais during their trip home. He had plans for Twinkle too. And Mo had agreed that she was just as much an adult as any other faun and was able to make her own decisions. Whatever they may be. He began to wonder if Rais had intended the same ideas for her as Gulliver had. He hadn't gone into full detail... just that he had some thought on something for her to do in the coming moons.

Gulliver did have a point, though. She was the only one allowed outside of the tree without a expressed permission of the inner circle. All of the tree knew of her condition and thankfully understood the allowance. No one contested it. No one else seemed to think they were more so privileged to the same treatment.

And what was she doing in the meantime? Sitting in the branches and twiddling her thumbs? She'd grow crazy before too long. Mo had hopes to keep her with the family - wherever they ended up - but... but if she wanted to fight with the rest of them... who was he to keep her from doing what she wanted?

Here, Mo took a deep breath, calming himself a bit before nodding softly to both Gulliver and Rais. "Though..." he started, picking his words and tone carefully. "Though I do not feel comfortable with the idea, given my personal ties to Twinkletoes, I..." It was obvious he was fighting himself on the matter. The more maternal side of him tugging on his protective heartstrings to keep her out of everything dangerous or even remotely so. "... I will say that if that is what the rest of the circle agrees on, then I will not interfere with -her- decision." He looked to Rais, beginning to repeat what he had stated in their own little talk. "She's grown into a fine Faun of Laisidhiel. She's no longer a babe and can make her own decisions."

He at least wanted to make it clear that nothing be forced upon her. Mo was certain that this would not be the case, but he can at least say he had made that much clear.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:55 pm
Rais listened with rapt attention as the tension in the room waned, then swelled once more. While Mo and Gulliver spoke, he turned to whisper something to the Mellon on his shoulder who had taken to braiding her hair (as well as a bit of Rais') during the discussion. "What? Him? Do I have to?" Kriket's objection was whispered back, but clearly full of indignant irritation.

With a sigh and a slight roll of his eyes, Rais whispered back, "I'm not asking you to have dinner with him. Just go get him and bring him here, please. Just deliver the summons. That's all you have to do." He tried to sound patient while also making it clear he wasn't about to take 'no' for an answer. Kriket huffed, standing up with arms crossed. With a muttered 'fine' and a flutter of wings, she zipped out of the room and back up the stairs.

With a slight shake of his head, Rais turned back to the members of the Circle as Mo finished saying his piece. Though he restrained himself from showing further reactions, Rais' frown deepened slightly. It had not been said aloud, but he had heard it in his Second's tone. Did he believe this was a meeting to simply hand out titles, putting responsibilities and burdens upon those who were not present? No one was being forced into taking any position in the Tree and Rais felt a mild irritation beneath his fur at the thought that his Second believed that to be his intention.

After taking a moment's breath for composure, Rais lifted his hand to halt further comments before speaking. "Our ways are rooted in our traditions and culture. These values are what make us who we are and I would never speak against that. However, that being said, I believe there have been mistakes made in the past. Mistakes made by rushing traditions that should not have been rushed, for one. Though I am eternally greatful for those who have accepted their offered roles and have since grown into those mantles and helped support our community," he took a moment to nod graciously at those gathered, "I have no doubts when I say that our initial attempt to fill the Circle was done in haste. Of all of the Faun who accepted their offered positions, how many continue fulfilling those duties today? Maybe half? The Spirits guided our choices then, and it took much meditation on the matter, but I do not doubt their guidance even now. The souls indicated may have been right for the positions at that time, but outside factors can weigh heavily on those that allow their influence in. Some are more easily tempted from the path than others; perhaps destiny is not so set in stone." Rais seemed a bit uneasy at these words, but stone was familiar. Earth, and soil, and the unchanging nature of stone. But, how else could he explain how the Spirits' chosen had gone astray? Clearly, outside forces had turned them from their path. Or perhaps they had been at a crossroads already and had chosen the wrong way. If only he had seen it sooner, if he could have reached out, but...it was too late now.

"It was poor timing," he admitted, taking some of the blame. "We never expected so many of our lost brethren to return home. And we are forever grateful that you did," he said pointedly to Mo and Gulliver. "However, perhaps it was a bit too much all at once for some. Those who had found their way home to Laisidhiel had a new home and a new culture to learn about and grow accustomed to new ways, ways that for the rest of us had been simple truths accepted since birth. It was unrealistic to expect so many to lead and teach others in ways they were still learning themselves." He wasn't thinking so much of the Inner Circle now, but his own hasty decision that had resulted in him taking one of these outsiders as his wife. His mother had done quite a bit of that pushing, but he couldn't place blame on her for what had ultimately been his own rash behavior. What had happened...he couldn't blame Belvah. She was still so new to Laisidhiel, to the ways and traditions of the Faun that lived there, yet she was expected to be a role model and an example of those ideals? Ideals she had yet to learn? It had been unrealistic to expect such a thing from her. Completely unfair. It had been Rais' mistake, and yet, they both had paid the price for it.

Ignoring the phantom ache in his chest at the passing thoughts, Rais continued, "Before I wander further from the subject at hand, let me just say this. Never again will we rush to fill empty Circle positions simply to fill them. We will no longer risk the rash decisions that left us where we are today. Nor, will we force any responsibility on any individual that does not readily accept it knowing the burden that they will bear. All of you were offered a choice, and you accepted. Hopefully, not simply for being caught up in the moment; I fear that may explain some of the losses we have suffered to date. All will be offered the same choice for any future Circle positions, but in addition to that will be required the time to think about that choice before allowing possible acceptance. For today, I simply wanted to hear if the Spirits had drawn your eyes towards any individuals of note. Continue to watch and wait. See if the Spirits continue their favor. If we have tasks for those individuals, we will give them the chance to prove themselves and their desire to serve the community. Only then will the positions be offered. Is that understood?"

After meeting the gaze of each of the other Circle members and receiving an accenting nod from the Seer, Rais sighed and leaned back. "Per the names offered thus far...Shining Armor's boys would be welcome additions to the guard. I'll make a note to the older guards to start including them on patrols if they would like to join the ranks officially. Given recent developments, it's no surprise the force is growing. Which brings to mind some ideas I had on restructuring our overall defensive force. Perhaps that will be saved for a future meeting. No worries, no positions are going away," he assured, giving Gulliver a half grin in jest. "I just believe that it's time we expand our military hierachy. Though I hope it does not come to it, if the worst happens, I think we will need more than a few tree guards and some hunters and rangers. We need to expand upon our structure."

"More on that in a future meeting," he continued. Who was next? Kishi? Ah yes, he remembered her...from Kriket's horrible competition disaster...oh Spirits, he'd nearly forgotten about that. "As for Kishi, has she expressed some interest in the Nursery? It can be a somewhat lonely position at times when there are only acorns to care fore, but richly rewarding in the long run. Perhaps inquire what her thoughts are, just in general. Does she prefer working with other Faun within the Tree on daily tasks? Or is she drawn towards working with children? It's not for everyone, but some seem to take to it naturally."

Now he felt like he was about to poke a raw nerve. This was the one that had caused all the tension earlier. "As for Twinkletoes..." Rais bowed his head, hands folded in front of him. "It is true, I have already been considering her for something. Given her special gifts and her personal needs, I believe this role could prove well beneficial for both her and the Tree. I am loathe to give many details yet, but I would like to raise a related point regarding the position of the Pathfinder. The world outside of Laisidhiel spans far beyond what any one Faun could ever hope to cover. That is why I am considering not one new Pathfinder, but many. They would be our eyes and ears outside the Tree, as the position previously dictated, but the burden would not fall solely on any one individual. It would be impossible for any one individual to maintain so many observation points. And we will need all the information we can obtain, if ill omens lie on the horizon."

Seruta
Apologies for the delays, ladies. Had some issues that had to wait to be discussed with our fearless leader.

Shicala
Fortunately, she's well into recovery and back to plotting, so we're back on track to wrap this thing up and move on to follow-up!

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:53 pm
A rhythmic clopping of hooves grew louder, heavier, as they approached the meeting of the proud and the few leaders of this great Tree.

*snap*

"Stop that!" squealed a female.

"Hahaha"

What was outside the door?

--------

The door handle jiggles a bit before the whole door just burst open.

"RAIS! Buddeh, I'm not too late, am I?" A mountain of a faun stomped in with a stone mallet propped on one shoulder and a fox pelt wrapped around the other.

He licked his finger and *booped* Gulliver on his nose. "Hey Sweetheart, did ya miss me?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 pm
Gulliver nods listening to both of his brethren, he understood the views of both and respected them. "The only way to really know on any of them I suppose is not only Laisidhiel's guidance but talking to any potential candidates. Definitely need to test the waters before jumping to any decisions as the past as proven it can be dangerous....." his train of thought was interrupted by approaching hoofsteps, he wasn't expecting anyone, perhaps Rais was? He heard the voices outside the door and his face fell slightly, this meeting was about to go from serious to ... weird... or so he felt. And his thoughts were proven right when the faun who had made all the noise in the hall burst into the room and a moment later decided he, Gulliver, Captain of the Rangers required a 'boop' on his nose. Gulliver swatted at the hand that was in his face and wiped the moisture added there by the male before replying "Hello again" he said dryly. It wasn't that he hated the faun, just nicknames like that he found to be exasperating, and frankly this guy was exasperating too.  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:49 pm
Okay. So Rais didn't outwardly agree with the idea of making Twinkletoes a Pathfinder.... course, he didn't disagree either...

However, the prospect of having multiples in the role seemed better fitting. "True." he started, rubbing his chin a little. "Our numbers are pretty big at this point. Laisidhiel is definitely swelling with life. And as it stands we do have a few individuals who are living outside the immediate vacinity of her branches in various different directions... Having multipl--" thud, thud, Thud... "path--.....?" Thud... THUD!

'Oh Sweet Saplings of Laisidhiel!!'

Mo's eyes were instantly widened as the door burst open. 'oh HAYL no!!'

A look of shock and pure dismay flooded over Mo before he quickly shot daggers at Rais. This?! This was his suggestion for 'Enforcer'?!

As if on cue when seeing the tall brute of a pae boop Gulliver's snoot, Mo sat back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest in a somewhat protective manner, his fingers tucking under each armpit respectively. He began fighting his own inner demons on the subject. On one hand, this brute of a pae would fit perfectly for the role. There was undoubtedly no doubt as to why Rais would suggest him for the position. On the other, putting him in that position also meant that there would be more moments like this one. Where'd they'd have to sit in a room together and endure each other's presence... Mo wasn't entirely sure he could comply with that...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:17 am
Any trace of the previous conversation seemed to scatter to the winds with the entrance of the mountainous faun male. Rais winced imperceptibly as the door was flung open into the inner wall, then adopted a patient, if tense, expression. "Right on time, Jaeger. Come in and take a seat, if you would."

The burst of wind from the door seemed to bring something else with it. An aura, familiar and...not altogether the most pleasant. The Seer kept the expression from her face, but inside she grimaced. She may not have known the faun male as well as the others, but they had certainly crossed paths in their respective lines of work. At least briefly. She remembered being called to the infirmary for a serious case...field injury of a hunter. It had been bad enough that they had needed to call the Seer, which was concerning, and she'd hurried to the infirmary with the most potent of healing salves made from Laisidhiel's dew. She hadn't been sure what to expect when she arrived.

It hadn't been that she would spend more time trying to stop the patient from hitting on the other healers and get him to hold still than in actually performing her healing duties. His vigor had been impressive for sporting such a serious injury, however, something about his attitude had made the experience more mentally draining than encouraging.

Keeping emotion from her voice, Vanya quietly commented, "This is your candidate then, sir?"

Rais had quietly watched the other Circle members for reactions. Wary, perhaps not the most pleased...but no one was objecting outright either. Surely they were following his own line of thought, that for whatever they may think, Jaeger was certainly a fit for the type of faun they needed in this position. Strong; willing to do what it takes to get the job done, no matter what others may think; and loyal to a fault. That's what was important, his other personality quirks aside.

Besides, with recent developments, Jaeger wasn't exactly able to go out in the field anymore. Being cooped up with nothing to do, just during recovery, Jaeger had proven himself more than a challenge for the poor infirmary staff trying to keep him in bed and resting. Idle hands made for mischief. Best direct that energy towards more productive purposes.

Clearing his throat, Rais nodded in response to the Seer's question. "Indeed, he is. Jaeger? I have a bit of a proposition to make, if you think you might be interested. We have some work that needs to be done here in the Tree and I think you might be just the faun for it."

Antidia

Seruta

Shicala

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
The hefty faun stomped around the table and ruffled Mo's hair as he walked by. His gear created a beautiful melody as he moved, at least he thought so. Jaeger grabbed the back of the seat normally reserved for the Geomancer and swung it around on one leg, and straddled the chair. The chair went steady at the same moment Jaeger's butt hit the wood. He propped his elbow up on the table and winked at Gulliver sitting across from him before turning focus on Rais.

"Wat'cha got boss?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 pm
Mo was satisfied just staying right here... Not moving. Curled in his seat, protecting himself and quietly seething in his dislike for that one so long as he stayed on that side of the room....

Buuuuuut. He didn't.

Rais told him to sit. And much to Mo's dismay, he chose the chair next to him. He was perfectly still. Perfectly silent a---!!!!!!!!

If his face could scream 'DONOTWANT!' it surely did in the moment he felt the heavy hand ruffle his hair. Mo's ears couldn't get any flatter and his face couldn't get any more displeased. He glared daggers at the center of the table, not really hating anyone or anything else aside from the sick and twisted humor the spirits were having in the moment.

Still, if all he got was a hair ruffle, he could deal. He eased up, but only so much, keeping his arms crossed over his chest as he forced himself to sit upright with some small sliver of dignity to await the rest of this meeting before he could bolt the hell outta there.  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:27 pm
The Chieftain waited patiently for Jaeger to seat himself and managed to mask any reaction to him taking the vacant Geomancer's seat. It wasn't as if there were many other chairs in the room, afterall. When prompted, Rais nodded and continued to explain his proposition. We have some work that needs handled here within the Tree, and we find ourselves stretched a bit thin with other business. I believe that you may be just the right Faun to help us, in light of...certain circumstances," he proceeded to gloss over those circumstances, unsure how well Jaegar had been handling being removed from his old duties as a hunter. Still, an injury like that...well, it never truely left one the same again.

No more dancing around the bush. Straight to the point. "We need an enforcer. Someone to oversee the Root Cellar, manage internal security, and enforce the laws of the Tree when they are being tested. I won't lie; it won't be a popular position. But, we need someone strong and loyal, willing to do whatever needs to be done for the good of Laisidhiel and all who reside within her. Now, if this strikes your interest...do you think you're up for the task, my friend?"

Antidia

Seruta

Shicala

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:15 pm
The bulky faun cracked his knuckles and wiped his nose with a thumb and a sniff. "Sure. Why not, sounds fun. Does this job come with perks? I mean, givin' tha locals s**t as a job is a perk in itself, but I wouldn't say no to a little extra on the side." He pointedly looked Gulliver in the eye and winked.

He stood up and spun the chair around on one leg and replaced its spot at the sacred table. "Do I get a stick, a whistle or a badge or sum'thin'?"

Teigra

Seruta

Shicala

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:35 pm
While he had known Jaeger wasn't the type to care much what others thought of him, making him a perfect candidate for this position, Rais hadn't expected him to leap at the opportunity quite so eagerly. It gave him a moment's pause, then he took a deep breath before proceeding. Spirits help us, someone needs to be willing to do the job.

"Then it's settled. We can discuss the details of your position in private. We need not tie up the rest of the Circle for that. In fact, I do believe that should wrap up our business here for now." Turning to the rest of the Circle members, Rais directed, "Consider what we discussed earlier. Keep your eyes and ears open for any new information or prospects. With that, I call this meeting adjourned."

Vanya sighed, reaching for her staff to stand. Spirits help them.

Rais stepped away from the table and put his chair away, nodding in turn to each of the Inner Circle members in farewell. Then, turning to Jaeger, said, "We'll discuss details in my chambers. I'll have something sent up from the kitchen. Shall we?"

[FIN]

:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces