Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
The Great Hall Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:23 pm
User Image

The Great Hall

The great hall has been decked out in celebration of Valentine's day with a masquerade ball! For those of you that want to dance the night away, this is where to do it. Also, if you happen to need a break, or are waiting for people, the other areas are open for waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:50 pm
We can fight our desires...
But when we start making fires;
We get ever so hot,
Whether we like it or not!
They say we can love who we trust,
But what is love without lust?
Two hearts with accurate devotion...
What are feelings without emotions?

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

SLYTHERINSEVENTH YEARBLOOD TRAITOR

Morven prowled near the entrance to the Great Hall as if on guard. That said, she should have chosen a more intimidating mask, but when she couldn't find the balance between pretty and frightening, she'd always lean towards pretty. One hand on her cinched in waist, she pursed black lips in a scowl for a moment before settling for a look of passive disdain at some measly little fifth year who was most certainly staring at her arse behind his mask. Just because it was a masquerade didn't mean she had to deck herself out as if in some royal court, and if this dress was so short it bordered on scandalous, oh well. It was Valentine's Day. Love and Lust were supposed to be in the air, right? If she was inspiring a few dozen sexual awakenings tonight, everyone should be thanking her for contributing to the holiday spirit.

Speaking of lust, the fifth year was now looking away uncomfortably, and Morven was comforted by the thought that she didn't need an intimidating mask to make it obvious that she was not to be taken lightly. Honestly, a thing like this should only be fourth years and above. It was like a children's party, watching all these little kids run around in their masks, confessing crushes and giggling like mad. The last time she'd been to something like this at Hogwarts, she'd been around their age. Thirteen or so. Seymour had asked both her and Camila to dance. And speaking of Seymour, where was he? His mask was guaranteed to be at least a bit weird, so she didn't think she'd have much trouble picking him out. She tried to convince herself she was not being a cling girlfriend, she was being a proud seventh year who was not going to be seen alone at what would be her last school function before graduation.

OOC:
mc2

I'm going in for the kill...
I'm doing it for a thrill...
Oh, I'm hoping you'll understand,
And not let go of my hand.
I had my hopes out on the line;
Well, they'll be ready for you in time.
If you leave them out too long,
They'll be withered by the sun.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:20 pm
Come laugh away who you are and get down;
Who you are, who we are, now you're found.
To the sun or the bears or the guns...
We taking all our vows with your frown!
Come on, get down, make a mess, make a bow-
Come get down, mighty youth, here and now.
So come on honey, cut yourself to pieces!

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFourth YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio had spent what seemed like hours working on her appearance. First she had to convince a roommate to help her braid her hair through a mixture of bribery, vague blackmail, and 'pity me' stares. She had to make sure her dress (which was short enough that her aunt and uncle might have insisted she change had they been there to see) and her shoes and mask and jewelry matched perfectly, she had to make sure her eye shadow and mascara were applied cautiously, because no one liked anyone who went overboard with their makeup, especially when they were a fourth year, and she had to make sure her lip gloss and nails were similarly tasteful. Vio took pride in her appearance; an absurd amount of pride to some people, but she doubted she'd ever change. Knowing she looked good made her feel powerful, and she had been rejecting the notion that feeling powerful was necessarily a horrible thing for as long as she could remember. Some girls felt powerful in trainers and jeans; Vio felt powerful in a dress and makeup. And the fact that it was a masquerade ball made it all the more fun. She had never considered herself a big romantic, but then again, she and Ivy had just gotten together. She was allowed to be overly excited at attending her first big function with her girlfriend.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Come on honey, give yourself completely-
And do it all though you can't believe it.
Youth don't know, youth knows no pain!
Come together and join the parade...
And get back walk on lost in the trade.
With the plants and the shimmering beats;
With the wind in my hair, you're free.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:45 pm
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes.
I know it's daft, but I guess that I know it deep inside.
It feels like we're ready to crack these days, you and I;
When it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die.
We're gonna separate ourselves tonight...
We're always running scared but holding knives...
But there's a black chandelier, casting shadows and lies.

User Image

ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ᶠᶤᶠᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈˢᵉᵉᵏᵉʳʰᵉᶤʳ

All in all, Vander supposed he was happier at this ball than he had been at the last Hogwarts ball he'd attended. Granted, he had been a first year then, he and Wendy had just met and despised one another, or at least acted like they had, and had done more bickering than dancing. Now they were fifth years, decidedly did not despise each other from the amount of snogging they'd been doing since the summer, and while he was never going to like dancing, he wouldn't mind dancing with Wendy and showing the rest of this school's pathetic population how it was supposed to be done. Honestly, the rest of the girls here looked like circus clowns or tramps compared to Wendy. She looked... he swallowed hard, Adam's apple bobbing in his throat. She looked like a mermaid. Or sea nymph. Or whatever the f**k mythological creature lured sailors to their deaths. The point was, as ridiculous as it was, he couldn't tear his eyes away from her. There had to be something wrong with him. No one was obsessed with their fiancee like this. Still, he didn't really mind knowing there was something wrong with him. There was a lot wrong with him. Speaking of wrong... his cousin, he mentally sneered, was here with her little mudblood ginger girlfriend. It was probably some idiotic phase Vio would fall out of in the next few years. If she didn't, Father was going to be ready to serve her head on a platter. Vander knew his Father knew he had no authority to try to arrange any marriage for Vio, but he could sure as hell suggest, and if he found out she liked kissing girls... It wasn't his problem, anyways. Now where were Anti and Cy? Anti had just been over here, but she was gone now, and Cy... Vander didn't want to know what his younger brother was doing with the added advantage of a mask.

OOC:
mc2

I'll sit in silence for the rest of my life if you'd like.
Dressing our wings with industrial gloves made of wire;
Feel it penetrating the skin, we begin to relax,
When it's just the two of us, and a cute little cup of cyanide.
You left my heart like an abandoned car:
Old and worn out, no use at all...
But I used to be free.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṿïølαṉτε lïllαṉτïṉε
                                                          Looking Handsome at the Dance Floor with Vio
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is going to be awesome. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ÿøυ ģøττα ƒ ε ε l с ø υ ɾ α ģ ε ; εṃвɾαсε ρ ø ṡ ṡ ε ṡ ṡ ï ø ṉ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ïƒ ïτ ώαṡ ε α ṡ ï ε ɾ τø ṡhαττεɾ ε ṿ ε ɾ ÿ τ h ï ṉ ģ τhατ εṿεɾ ṃ ατ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυτ ïτ'ṡ ṉøτ , вεсαυṡε ïτ'ṡ ÿøυɾ ø в ṡ ε ṡ ṡ ï ø ṉ ; вε α ƒïģhτεɾ, вαсќвøṉε, ḋεṡïɾε ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          с ø ṃ ρ l ï с α τ ε ḋ αṉḋ ïτ ṡ τ ï ṉ ģ ṡ , вυτ ώε вøτh ќṉøώ ώ h α τ ï τ ṃ ε α ṉ ṡ ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIvy was maybe a little too eager to get to what previously would have been an event she'd mocked, mercilessly, from the comfort of her dorm room. But, she hadn't previously had a girlfriend, now, had she? Now, of course, she just had to hunt down said girlfriend... Or let said girlfriend hunt her down. Which would be easier? Vio was tall, but only for her age, there were a few blonde upperclassmen who were her height or taller than she was. Ivy, on the other hand, was horribly short, even in the heeled boots she'd donned for the evening. Plus, how many short redheaded girls were going to be in suits? Probably not many, considering that she doubted if very many girls would be in suits to begin with. She didn't know of many that had her same issue with dresses and the like, after all.

spaceThe Gryffindor sighed, trying to think. Where would Vio even be? She wandered around the edge of the dance floor, trying to spot something that she could reasonably assume was her girlfriend. They really should've coordinated, but then again, that would've taken the fun out of it, she guessed. Still, she didn't exactly want to walk up to a total stranger because she thought it was her girlfriend. She huffed, crossing her arms. This was annoying. And she was impatient. The worry of being embarrassed by talking to the wrong person was weighing heavily against the desire to find Vio, now... She scowled from behind her mask. What if the Slytherin wasn't even here yet? She hadn't even considered that... ugh. This was basically a first date for them, she didn't want it to suck because they couldn't find each other.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ ṉøώ ṿ ï с τ ø ɾ ÿ ïṡ αll ÿøυ ṉ ε ε ḋ ṡø сυlτïṿατε αṉḋ ρ l α ṉ τ τ h ε ṡ ε ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ hølḋ ÿøυɾ в ɾ ε α τ h αṉḋ с ø υ ṉ τ τø τεṉ, јυṡτ с ø υ ṉ τ τ ø τ ε ṉ , јυṡτ с ø υ ṉ τ τ ø τ ε ṉ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ï'ṃ ģøṉṉα ṃ α ќ ε ï τ ɾ α ï ṉ ṡø ɾïṉģ τhε вεll; ï ќ ṉ ø ώ ï τ αll τøø ώ ε l l
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ṡ ώ ï τ с h в l α ḋ ε øṉ τhε εḋģε øƒ ÿøυɾ ώ ɾ ï ṡ τ , сαṉ ï ģετ α ώ ï τ ṉ ε ṡ ṡ ?

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:17 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

He felt clumsy and ridiculous. Bloody perfect, half the lot here aren't wearing ruddy dress robes, he grimaced in thought. Not even the goldwork embroidery trimming his velvet dress robes would distract the nose from its musky smell. Might be it's just his nose that can smell it, that would be lucky. Even the cotton brocade vest he wore beneath was tainted with the same bitterness from sitting in the back of his father’s closet for the past two decades, at least. Such a stupid vest. It was too big for him, the sleeves of his silk shirt nearly devoured his hands and the clasp on his robes were so loose it kept sliding down his back and shoulders, strangling him.

But his mother had tailored it best as she could on such short notice, and without proper measurements besides. "It's traditional," she wrote, "all the boys will be wearing dress robes!" But no. mother, no they were not. He rather've worn a comfy pair of jeans and heavy knit sweater, but a little spider would've reported back to them if he hadn't. At least his mask fit snugly over his face, a weak sticking charm ensured the silver burnished piece stayed in place along his cheekbones. Blue eyes peered between the slits of silver, counting the dozens of masks and smiles already filling the great hall. No one he recognized, unfortunately.

Tristan had to wonder if anyone would recognize him, but why would they? His usually unkempt hair was slicked back with oils, and the dancing foxes on the inner lining of his cloak hardly suggested that a Slytherin was hidden underneath. Still, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to find one of his mates. Maybe it'd be easier if it wasn't for the assault of perfume and cologne threatening to gag his senses, but it didn't matter, all he'd have to do was look for green. He had no doubt that Lori, Gia, Sera, and Carver would have some shred of snakeskin on them, or at least one of them. Sybil would be more difficult. Should he search for blue? Somehow he didn't think so. Maybe grays, or silver; maybe gold. Less bold than blue, right?

He spun in circles on his heel, craving attention from someone but didn't bloody well know who. The masks themselves hardly covered faces, but it was the dresses, the heels, the curly pinned up-do's, that made everything so bloody difficult. The few and far between he recognized weren't exactly in his year, and if they were, he'd hardly call them mates, so he was trapped in a crowded loneliness ready to tackle the first mate he catches in his line of sight. At this point, he'd even take his bizarre sister and naive little cousin for company if he could.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: great hall】 【COMPANY:: masked students
                                          ATTIRE:: dress robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'2", 118lbs

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:23 am
Come laugh away who you are and get down;
Who you are, who we are, now you're found.
To the sun or the bears or the guns...
We taking all our vows with your frown!
Come on, get down, make a mess, make a bow-
Come get down, mighty youth, here and now.
So come on honey, cut yourself to pieces!

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFourth YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio wasn't getting much of anywhere standing stock still in one place, so she started to weave through the crowd, which was easier to due in her shorter dress and flats than it was for some girls in their long dresses and heels. She didn't have to pick up her skirt, and she could take longer strides. Her height helped as well; all she had to do was look for a small red haired girl most likely not in a dress. Ivy was much more of a tomboy than her, and Vio didn't mind. She liked pretty skirts and dresses and long hair, and Ivy liked sarcastic jewelry and trousers and short hair. She wondered what color her girlfriend would be in. Certainly not pink or purple, and she was doubtful she'd be wearing green. If she had to bet, she'd say red. So when she caught sight of someone with flaming red hair clipped back under a red fedora, in a red jacket and dress trousers with heeled boots, she smiled and reached out to tap them lightly on the shoulder. If this wasn't Ivy, she'd be shocked.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Come on honey, give yourself completely-
And do it all though you can't believe it.
Youth don't know, youth knows no pain!
Come together and join the parade...
And get back walk on lost in the trade.
With the plants and the shimmering beats;
With the wind in my hair, you're free.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:02 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper fifth year

Pru was determined to enjoy tonight. Between the stresses of quidditch and her impending OWLs, Rhys acting out all year, which she felt in part responsible for as she was basically his older sister and Kenny wasn't here to try and stop him, worrying about Caty, who at least seemed to be popular with her classmates... Pru just wanted a night where she could relax, not worry about anything, and have a good time. She had just turned sixteen this past Christmas, after all. The last time Hogwarts had had a ball, it had been a Yule one, right around her twelfth birthday, and she and Addy had gone just as friends. Now they were at this as boyfriend and girlfriend, four years later. She hoped she'd be able to recognize him, even in a mask. She tapped a heeled foot in time with the music playing as she lingered on the edge of the dance floor, feeling as if she could have dressed up more, but also glad she wasn't in an overstuffed gown she'd have to toddle around in. Even if her dress was a bit short. She straightened the skirt of it and chewed on her lower lip for a moment. Hopefully, wherever Caty was in this crowd, she was enjoying herself, and as for Rhys... well, she seriously doubted he had come, and maybe that was for the best for all of them.

OOC:
SummerIsles

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 am
I'm gonna be released from behind these lines...
And I don't care whether I live or die.
And I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones-
And I don't want your heart; it leaves me cold.
I don't want your future; I don't need your past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ first year │ halfblood

Di really hoped she didn't regret coming to this, but despite her caution she was already in a tizzy over some of the masks she had seen. While some were the standard masquerade style, some had themes and some were obviously handmade. She wished she could have made her own. She stood by a wall watching with jealous envy, not the couples moving on the dance floor, but their masks, and tugging at her own butterfly mask in dismay.

She didn't even really like butterflies all that much, but she hadn't had time to make her own, so Isolde had sent her one. It was cheap and barely covered any of her face, so it wasn't like anyone would be confused as to who she was. Di knew she should be grateful; her stepmother had three small children to raise, never mind the time to be sending her stepdaughter a mask for a silly school ball.

Di had been debating going; while she loved the idea of the masks, and not knowing who anyone was until the end of the night, she was not a big fan of dancing, or ball gowns. Ball gowns were horribly impractical, and, she thought critically, had probably been invented by men so women could barely move and would be forced to listen to them prattle on about themselves. But then of course Tad had found out, and he had insisted she go and 'have some fun'.

Of course that came with warnings to stay away from boys, who her father insisted were trouble, because he had been one, and instructions from her stepmother about how to do her hair and what colors she would look best in. Both had tried to get her to wear a floor length gown, and Di had threatened to not go at all if they kept pushing. No one bothered with dress robes anymore, and a plain, shorter dress she could actually walk in would be fine.

So here she was in a dress that would have been flirty on and older, taller girl, but was fairly modest on an eleven year old, in the butterfly mask and laced up flats that really looked more like ballet shoes than anything else. He hair was done up and her jewelry, at least matched the whole butterfly theme, though she had been tempted to just wear her favorite pieces. Di kept scanning the crowd, but the masks did actually make it hard to tell who was who at a glance.

OOC:
Username

I don't need a husband, don't need no wife...
And I don't need the day, I don't need the night!
And I don't need the birds, let them fly away-
And I don't want the clouds, they never seem to stay.
I don't want no future; I don't need no past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:55 am
Stranger in the dark, the lonely night;
Heard your mother, calling:
"Where you been, Cain, where you been?
Where’s your brother?"
Abel in the dark, Abel in the night;
Heard his brother, calling:
"Watch your sin, Cain, watch your sin
Remember, I’m your brother."

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ˁᴸʸᵀᴴᴱᴿᴵᴺˁᴱᶜᴼᴺᴰ ʸᴱᴬᴿᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺ

Cy darted through the crowd, fox mask firmly in place. Slipping around dancing couples, he reached the edge of the dance floor and stopped, turning so his back was to the wall. From here he had a pretty good vantage point of the entire thing. Cy wouldn't call himself a wall flower; he'd be more than willing to dance if someone asked him, but he had always liked the role of spectator. He was a people watcher, and people were fun. Masquerades were fun too, and Valentine's Day, as much as an attempt as it probably was to placate the students still winding down from the rowdiness of the winter holidays, was always interesting. He didn't think his parents celebrated it; his father would dismiss it as pointless, and if his mother wanted flowers or jewelry, she bought them herself and pointedly displayed them passive aggressively to his father. Cy was not very familiar with the concept of romance, but suspected that wasn't it.

OOC:
Username

The light goes down; a mark from God;
You’re shaking now, your brother’s blood...
Left alone, what have you done?
Your father’s boy, your mother’s son!
Adam in the dark, Adam in the night...
Heard a father calling, "Man and sin, Cain,
Remember, man and sin love each other."
Eve in the dark, the lonely night, only mother calling...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:29 am
User Image__________________________________________

User Image User Image
Slender legs skirted beneath a black lace and chiffon maxi skirt while black and gold flats padded softly across the stony floor. Masking her features was a venetian cat mask, the cool copper metal was painted gold and fashioned with feline ears to cover the entirety of her face with only thin filigree slits revealing what was beneath. A fur trimmed robe was slung across her shoulders above a leopard print sleeveless blouse, paired with gold bracelets, a fake ruby gemstone necklace, and a faux pearl and gold spider brooch pinned on the breast of her crimson velvet robes.

The dress her mother had originally owled her was crumpled in a ball inside the very package it was delivered in. It was a hideous thing, with ruffles and lace wrapping around the waist into a pink little bow. Nauseating. By some stroke of luck, Effy had managed to mix and match her odds and ends to scrounge up something at least somewhat festive for the holiday. It was red, wasn't it? She ought to've worn a black veiled dress to mourn the death of tonight's virginity. Obviously, someone was going to be ******** least Effy knew it wouldn't be her.

Who then, would it be? Invigorated with this experiment, she stalked her peers from the shadows and lurked behind the back's of bulky upperclassmen to steal glimpses at the couples dancing and laughing, though not always in tune with the music. Oh, Effy only wished she had her tarot cards in hand, she wondered what the royal house would have to say. The Queen of Hearts would be pleased, and surely, the Joker would hop right out of his card to join in festivities if he could. Perhaps the Jacks would find true company in the ladies here with their slinky, fitted dresses. King's can be so hard to speak for, Effy mused, but she was certain all four would have something to complain about, as most kings are wont to do.

People-watching is always more interesting when no one knows they're being watched--perhaps her ideal location hiding behind this oaf of a Hufflepuff hadn't been such a great idea after all. She was starting to garner a few raised brows and second glances. Effy decided it best to move on and awkwardly shuffled away towards the refreshment table. Half a dozen platters marveled for her attention, with twice as many more ready and waiting to compete. After a solid minute of dozing off into the otherworld, she drifted back into the present by deciding on a heart shaped biscuit with red and pink sprinkles to nibble on before returning her attention back to the flurry of flesh and fabric around her.

Where was Ralphy? Effy had yet to see her baby cousin--or anyone resembling him--thus yet. She couldn't imagine arriving before him, but the late blooming apples don't fall far from a late blooming tree. Hastings' were never punctual. It was known. Though her bloodhound of a brother seemed to make an exception somehow. Migrating away from the table, she drifted along the back wall of the great hall until a masked fox blocked her way. How curious, she decided with the tilt of her head, that another had fled its foxhole to watch and observe. "Find anythin' interesting?" she said from beneath her cat mask with a frisky little smile. "With people watching, I mean... " Effy gestured loosely toward his surroundings. "I should think you're people watching and not just stalking, anyway, but if you are--I can keep a secret." Shrugging the thought away with the roll of her shoulders, she moved to nibble on the bottom half of her sugar coated biscuit.

ATTIRE:: cat mask 】 【STATS:: Twelve, 5'4", 101lbs

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:56 am
User Image
ⓀⒾⓁⒺⓎ ⒶⓃⒹ ⓀⒾⓂⒷⒺⓇⓁⓎ ⓊⓂⒷⒺⓇ
Ravenclaw | First Years | Gryffindor

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world.
And while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her when she smiles.

As the enchanting night began, a pair of identical girls sporting nearly identical attire made their way down the Grand Staircase from their towers. Of course Kimberly chose their outfits, finding it amusing to have them both match at such an event as a masquerade. She was dressed in a black number with a laced bodice, while Kiley was in the same dress in a pale pink color. With their mother's assistance, they both managed to pull their hair up into an appropriate style. Kiley glanced at her sister, her brown eyes pairing well with her white mask. "Did we really have to dress alike? How are people supposed to tell us apart?" she asked as she walked down the steps towards the Great Hall. Kimberly rolled her eyes at her sister. "They're not supposed to tell us apart. That's the point of a masquerade. Plus, haven't you ever wanted to trick people into thinking you were me?" she retorted. Kiley shook her head in response. "No, not really. Have you ever wanted to pretend you were me?" Kimberly smirked. "Well, you're not as cool as I am, but yeah, I have. I think it would be hilarious." Kiley sighed as they entered the Hall. "You would..." Upon entering the Great Hall, the twins oohed and awed at the decorations and lights, as well as all of the people. All of their outfits looked amazing, and their masks made it nearly impossible to pick out who was who. But, that was the point of this whole event, after all. The pair weren't sure what to do first. There was a nice refreshments table with what appeared to be a vast selection of desserts, as well as a date auction and even a kissing booth. Their mother would kill them if she found them over there!

She's a wild one with an angel's face. She's a woman-child in a state of grace.
When she was 3 years old on her daddy's knee, he said you can be anything you want to be.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

иσтнιиɢ vєтυяєם, иσтнιиɢ ɢαιиєם.

Butterflies leapt and twirled like acrobats in the pit of his belly, Axel desperately hoped Nina was already at the dance, he didn’t want to stand and wade through the sea of masks any longer than he had too. Axel wasn’t overtly fond of tonight’s theme, not knowing who was who. Half the school was blonde, and its Valentine’s besides so everyone would be wearing red or pink—except the Slytherin’s anyway. Leave it to them to wear black and green on the only night a year you’re supposed to wear red. So very typical.

Most of his anxieties stemmed from this unknowingness; he never formally asked Nina to the ball because he was too nervous, and the only time he could find her—she was surrounded by a pack of women, of course. Making it impossible for him to separate her from the herd without being too bloody obvious because what if she said no? Or worse, what if someone already asked her? Well then, that would make this entire night a disaster, wouldn’t it?

Right next to asking the wrong blonde to dance, anyway. Several of their golden crowns had caught his attention, but as he closed in he could tell from height and stance that no, it wasn’t Nina. One girl looked much too young, and with another boy—or girl? Axel had to blink and squint to identify one of his own teammates hidden under a fedora and mask. Huh. Who’da thought, right?

It was starting to become painstakingly obvious that Nina wasn’t here yet, and if she was, it wasn’t currently within the great hall. He had half a mind to peruse the gardens outside and take in a fresh breath of air. He was too encumbered in these tailored slacks and crimson button down, at least he decided against the dress shoes and opted for his usual pair of boots instead. His mask was simple, checkered in black, gold, and white; and already a small handful of other blokes seemed to be wearing a similar mask if not the exact same one.

Deciding he was trapped, he posted himself off to the side of the dance floor and near the entrance way to keep an eye out Nina. Only now did he realize his one true mistake, aside from all the others. He never got her a present. Not even a bloody flower. Good thing that’s only a small conjuration away.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
The Great Hall
Dressed in: crimson button down
17 yrs Ψ 5'10" Ψ 160lbs
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄════╝

[quote="shabatha]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:43 pm
          User Image

LOUIS . MAURICIO. ADDARIO

Fifth . Year ,__ Slytherin
9" hazel,. unicorn. tail. hair,.rigid

Donning the latest fashion in dress robes, his black on black ensemble featured a scrollwork silk vest tailored to fit snug over dress shirt and fitted trousers, along with billowing robes clasped with a silver chain along the collar. A velvet black mask trimmed in silver had been wrapped around his eyes, though did little to conceal the young man hiding beneath. Louie made it a point to be easily recognized--even if no one really knew him. He was here on a date after all, and didn't have the luxury to wait for her in the common room as most of his housemates were inclined to do. Micah was a Hufflepuff, after all. But at least he knew exactly what to look for: hues of rosy pink and midnight. And while Louie wasn't sure what to make of them now--because surely one date can't mean they're officially together, right?--He at least thought to bring her a gift. It was Valentine's day. And she'd been the one to ask him, so the least he could do was buy her a gift to remember the night by.

Louie certainly wouldn't have attended, if it hadn't been for her. He hardly really knew her, but she was different, and he didn't mind it as much as he thought. Sure, some of her humor jetted right over his head, but the soft notes of her laughter were amusing enough that he didn't so much mind. Unfortunately, he could never quite shake the feeling that she was hiding something. Or someone? Who knew. Louie didn't. Only his imagination could begin to presume what it was she kept skirting around. Or why certain topics seemed to be avoided. Like family. Louie prided himself on family. Even his blood traitor cousins--it wasn't like children should be blamed for the mistakes of their parents--family is family, and that's all that mattered. Even his parent's understood that. Blood status aside, family always comes first. So what made her so hesitant to ever even mention them? Before Louie would allow himself to dwell, because no, not everyone has an agenda of ulterior motives--he decided to scour the dance floor. Micah was a dancer, it wouldn't surprise him the least bit to find her twirling by herself in the heart of the hall, ignoring all the people around her. But it didn't seem he'd be that lucky just yet.

[black mask]

Devlyn Maycry

The Beast and Harlot

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:05 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
First Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Masquerade - Great Hall

Raymond had written to his mother about the whole Valentine’s Day event. He originally didn’t think about going but as his mother said appearances were important. Sure they weren’t the richest pure blood family but they acted proper. So with a mask she sent him, he dressed up in his best and walked into the great hall. Looking at all the people in masks, Raymond clearly couldn’t tell who was who. That was the point of masks. For one night you could be whoever you wanted and no one would know the wiser.

So, instead of trying to find someone he recognized (like most would) Raymond just looked around until someone caught his attention. That someone was a dark haired girl with her hair pulled up. She was wearing a reddish dark pink colored dress and a black butterfly mask. ‘Wonder what her problem is…?’ Ray thought. She seemed bothered over there by the wall. As he got closer he realized it was Diantha he was staring at.

Walking over to her Raymond casually stood next to her. Looking around at all the couples dancing on the dance floor for a moment he brought himself to speak. “Good evening, nice night I hope.” He greeted looking over at her. “You look nice tonight.” He added with a genuine smile. "I was wondering what a girl like you is doing here all by yourself?" He asked curiously.

With: Diantha

Wearing: Slytherin Style

OOC: ---

The Forgotten Weasley

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces